cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antique Beethoven Bust/Lamp?

I believe that this is a piano top lamp. There is some kind of filling with screws on bottom that makes me think it was maybe originally just a bust and lamp added later, or this was to hold it together since it looks to have broken at base.  There is a mark on back. Do you know who the maker is? Also, what kind of plug in is this? It has screw end like a lightbulb? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I did find out that the plug is called a Benjamin and was one of the first outlet plugs. I still need to know the maker, though.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

originally just a bust and lamp added later

Your close

The top part of the lamp, the bust and the light socket, are a piano lamp, and the light would hang over the edge of the piano so the person playing could read the music and see the keys.

The bottom half of the lamp is not original to the bust piano lamp, so someone, back in the day, repurposed this piano lamp so they could use it as a table lamp.

So, you have a Figural Piano Lamp that has been attached to a base to convert it. You can look up the Piano lamp to see if there are any in completed listings, as for the base...

It really doesn't add value, it just saved this piano lamp from being discarded years ago.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply