cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Two Click Rule

eBay's Two Click Rule I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain eBay's 2 Click Rule. Many times a Website may have valuable information that, as collectors, we might want to share with others here on eBay. However, we must remember that eBay doesn't allow direct links to off-eBay Selling sites. In other words if, when you click on a Link it brings up items for sale with prices, that type Link is not allowed by eBay because it circumvents their own eBay Selling Site. I'm not sure that this "rule" is in black and white, but from working with eBay's Group Liason Maeve @ the Leaders & Mods Group their position has been made clear. eBay is, after all, in business to Sell. They provide Groups, Blogs, Chat Rooms and Discussion Boards where we can meet and share information, but the ulterior motive of these is to draw us to eBay where we will also participate in Buying and Selling. For that reason they prohibit the sharing of Websites that lead people away from eBay directly (one click) to an off-site Seller. Instead, provide a Link to a Home Page, which might then require a second click to get to a Selling page. Here's an example: providing a Link to this Home Page would be allowed ... http://the-antique-shop.com/ ... and then you could select from their Menu at the left, clicking a second time to arrive at their different Selling pages. Lynn :x PS: If you have an "About Me" page, you can Link to your own off-eBay Web store, if you have one: Q: What links may I have on my About Me page? A: You may link to your own Web store from your About Me page. However, you may not directly offer any non-eBay merchandise on the About Me page itself.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay's Two Click Rule

I turned this into an eBay Guide: http://reviews.ebay.com/_W0QQugidZ10000000002570134 Lynn :x
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

Lynn....Thanks for posting........Gary
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

Lynn -- I appreciate the information. Carole

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

Great info Lynn , Thanks! I bookmarked your guide and voted YES!! Happy New year!!! Danna ..<><.. .
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

You're Welcome! 🙂
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

annistonauction_1
Enthusiast
I voted Lynn.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

eBay's Two Click Rule

Thanks! Guides with more votes work their way up the list where others will be more likely to see them. Lynn :x
Message 8 of 8
latest reply