cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Trifari Jewels of India lost stone help

Good morning from  AZ. I purchased this brooch at an estate sale some time ago.  I just unwrapped it and noticed a stone missing.  Its a pear shaped reddish light purple? cabochon, but notice the others have a cloudy swirl? Can anyone help me identify what Trifari used for these specific stones? Crystal? Glass?  What color would you call this pinkish, reddish, purple? I've researched lavender clear cut cabochons. Not the same color. ( Is this some type of crystal with the swirl?) Is there a site that deals in vintage old stock rhinestones or ..? This swirl makes it hard to ID for me. Hoping one of you wonderful experts can help? 

I'm wanting to try TRY  and find a replacement,  any help directing me would be greatly appreciated!  TIA

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Crown Trifari Jewels of India lost stone help

JCs jewelry and repair in O'Fallon Illinois.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm not seeing a picture?      I have lots of stones, vintage to modern and would look at mine to see. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Oh...I am new to this.  I finally saw your pictures.  That looks like a burgundy pear shaped stone...unfaceted.  I will see if I have anything, but a bit later today. 🙂

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

There

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There is a company you can find on-line called www.mrstone.com  Contact them. If that doesn't work, my jewelry repair person in Illinois can replace it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Those stones are called "flawed" ruby, emerald, sapphire, etc.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I would call it a cabochon cut and it seems to be meant to approximate a ruby since sapphire and emerald are also represented within the piece.  I would think the swirls that make it look lighter are supposed to mimic the flaws seen in natural stones.   I would check on getting a synthetic gemstone cut to match if you can't find the exact vintage rhinestone.  Good luck!  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Awesome. Who is that?  Who repairs your jewelry?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I will check my stones and see if I have one!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

are you looking for a repair person?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

JCs jewelry and repair in O'Fallon Illinois.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply