cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questin: How do people make offers on an item when you don't have it set up to do so?

So, I have an old set of Pioneer headphones that I'm selling.  They don't completely work, but if you mess with them you can get them to work long enough to tell both drivers are in working order, they just need the cable either repaired or replaced.  The last set of these that sold with no cable at all sold for 35 dollars, and mine have a new plug on them, so the plug is not the problem.  I listed mine at 50 dollars, as these are pretty collectible when working, they typically bring well over a hundred dollars in working order.

I just got a (less than half my asking price) offer on them from a guy even though I don't have "best offer" enacted on the listing.  So, I went through the guy's feedback left for others... holy wowzers.  I blocked him.  This guy has left 14 negative, 2 neutral, and had two mutual withdrawls of feedback during his time here on eBay.  Several of which are in the last year.  One was a neutral claiming someone "says they take offers but refuse to accept them", so the guy (I guess) bought the item anyway, JUST to leave the person a less than flattering feedback?  WHY would someone do that, and do people like this not know that we can go and look at their feedback left for others?  Ugh.  Welcome to my Best Buddy List, fella.  Don't bother trying again, LOL. 

My question is - HOW do people get past "best offer" not being enacted and leave/make you an offer anyway?  Is that NOT a violation of eBay policy?  What the heck?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Questin: How do people make offers on an item when you don't have it set up to do so?

This is what you see when you go to Contact Seller.

Select a topic

Details about item
Shipping
Combined shipping
Make an offer
Pay for item
Returns
Other
We'll look for an answer for you
I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Questin: How do people make offers on an item when you don't have it set up to do so?

So basically then eBay is not allowing you to NOT accept offers.... great.  Well, that's another point against sticking around here long-term.  I sent the guy a message and told him I am not entertaining offers on items I do not have offers enabled on... then I checked his feedback left for others and decided I better just block him to be safe.  Not worth it.  The experience here just gets crazier and crazier as time goes by.  And they wonder why sellers are leaving....

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here's more after you pick Contact Seller, should have put this first I guess. 

Details about item (1)
Shipping (3)
Combined shipping (0)
Make an offer (1)
Pay for item (2)
Returns (1)
Other (0)

Make an offer: We found 1 answer(s)
  • How do I make an offer?
    The seller hasn't enabled offers for this item. See if they'll consider — send a message with your best price.
I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I also don't like offers. I did start listed things on my second account and you have to physically click off the "accept offers" tab. Also, after about 10 days, ebay automatically goes in and re-adjusts the setting to "accept offers". I do not like the direction this company is going. Farther and farther away from the small seller.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply