cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees & Financials

We continue to look for ways to improve our marketplace to help you manage your business more efficiently, accelerate your sales velocity, and bring more buyers to you. For example, we recently launched spendable funds, a new way for you to pay for items on eBay using proceeds from your sales, and introduced additional payment options for higher priced items.

To help support changes we’re making to our marketplace that benefit all eBay users, we're increasing some final value fees. At the same time, we’re decreasing the cost of some optional listing upgrades that give buyers more purchase options and make it easier for you to manage your listings.

We’re also expanding the fee credit we give you when you provide great service by fully refunding a buyer’s return. And as we continue to roll out eBay International Shipping, we handle the international logistics for you at no additional cost, while also waiving the International fee for sellers.

Edit: Please ensure that all questions and comments remain on topic. Any off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate board, so they can be answered by Community Members.

Please allow us 24-48 hours to provide an answer to your question.  

Message 1 of 190
latest reply
189 REPLIES 189

Re: Fees & Financials

Etsy too, eBay is almost never the lowest fees.

Message 91 of 190
latest reply

Just saw this and thought the same thing - and for some reason magazines are in the same category but can't get media mail anymore. For some reason this category is the highest. Doesn't seem to make sense. With higher shipping prices come higher taken out for final value fees on that shipping.

Message 92 of 190
latest reply

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, didn't read all the pages.

"spendable funds" = eBay makes more money on final value fees by keeping $ in the system

Message 93 of 190
latest reply

_eBay has slowly gone from being less than 5% on fees to greater than 12%. At this point in time eBay has become mostly irrelevant for anything other than dumping old merchandise. I have already been phasing it out of my everyday use more and more and this is just more validation that the days of eBay being a useful tool of the small business owner are over. It is on a descent into being a place that shoplifters and spring cleaners dump their wares.

Message 94 of 190
latest reply

Yes, it's crazy with the fee increases. I am just looking at eBay as having essentially a 20-25% fee structure. I'm going to be going through my inventory with a fine toothcomb to see what I want to list on eBay vs other platforms. Poshmark still has shipping for under $8 and that's for going anywhere in the US & up to 5lbs & in any box I choose, at least shipping is a no-brainer on Poshmark & I don't have to pay for shipping & then get reimbursed after like I do on eBay., nice & streamlined on Poshmark, yes the 20% is frustrating but I just price accordingly & also I know right then what I'm going to get before I even make an offer & eBay doesn't have this feature, I need to get half a degree in math in order to figure out what I actually earned, or more often, lost on eBay:) 

Message 95 of 190
latest reply

I agree!

Message 96 of 190
latest reply

Well, I've had months where I've not even earned the subscription fee's worth, two months of NO sales toward the end of 2022. I wasn't going to renew but I did the math & it would cost me more without the store. The main reason why I like Poshmark & Mercari more is for no monthly fees. I also lost my top-rated seller status from not having enough sales although I had 5 stars & not one negative the whole time I've been selling & same or next-day shipping even though I have 2 days allowed. I've gone above & beyond but have no reward with sales because there are no views!! Meanwhile, I've had an eBay seller steal my photographs of an item I had listed for sale & I reported them, eBay did nothing & they made a sale on that item & almost a year later I've still not sold mine when it's still selling every month on eBay, not the price either, no views! Can't buy what they can't see, that's where the "little guy" gets hurt.  

Message 97 of 190
latest reply

@frankbama41 wrote:

Just saw this and thought the same thing - and for some reason magazines are in the same category but can't get media mail anymore. For some reason this category is the highest. Doesn't seem to make sense. With higher shipping prices come higher taken out for final value fees on that shipping.

Magazines NEVER qualified for Media Mail.

What's stupid is books etc not qualifying for Media Mail unless they're in the Books category.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 98 of 190
latest reply

That's my biggest complaint with eBay. I have the same items crossposted on 3 platforms of which one is eBay. I sold literally HALF of my inventory that was listed on eBay last year on Poshmark or Mercari, so one can't say it's my photos or my items that are the reason for the lack of sales because I AM selling them, just not on eBay, NO ONE is seeing them on eBay. I'm giving it one more year college try & then I'm done. 

Message 99 of 190
latest reply

On the positive side, no fees for scheduled listings is nice. I run very few auctions so won't use it much (not much point using it for BIN listings), but will use it when I do run auctions.

The biggest plus is no changes that require me to go through and change something in each listing (categories, photos, etc.).

Message 100 of 190
latest reply

@behapppybekind wrote:

The updated stated

"And remember—when you sell on eBay, we don’t charge a separate fee for payment processing." And in the fees section it states "We charge one final value fee when your item sells, and you don't have to worry about third-party payment processing fees. This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale, plus $0.30 per order.

Clearly that means that the .30 per order fee is for payment processing along with a portion of the final value fee.

Am I missing something here?

There are situations that allow for other ways to pay for an item and these other payment methods do not require eBay to process or manage the payment.  At one time the fees was broken down, for example 10% Final Value Fee and 2.9% Managed Payment fee and if eBay was not involved with the payment then you would save the money processing fee.

With the way the Fees are stated now, it does not matter if you use an alternate payment method other then eBay's Managed Payments, you will be charged the full Final Value Fee.  However there is a maximum amount that will be charged in many categories for the Final Value Fee and then you are just paying the money processing fee.

Message 101 of 190
latest reply

@revenue-collector wrote:

I know that most of the replies are negative, as mine typically are as well, but I just wanted to say that I'm happy that eBay is FINALLY dropping the $0.10 scheduled listing fee. I was considering signing up with a third-party service to handle all of my eBay listings partially due to wanting to schedule weekly auction listings for a certain category, but this now saves me from having to do this (or at least for this particular feature).

When did that $0.10 fee get charged?  I schedule all of my listings, auction or buy it now and have never been charged the fee.  Was the fee just for certain categories?

Message 102 of 190
latest reply

Of course, since this platform can't seem to attract new buyers and is scaring droves of sellers away, aside from charging outrageous promoted listing fees or otherwise your products doesn't  even show, they have to pad their numbers by squeezing those who are staying on board.  

Message 103 of 190
latest reply

Pretty soon they'll be squeezing nothing from nothing.  eBay refuses to listen to those that have stuck with them.  I understand that you need buyers but with quality sellers, there will be no buyers.  They seem for forget that in the equation 

Message 104 of 190
latest reply

STOP WITH THE FEES! You do not have to increase fees on sellers. 

Message 105 of 190
latest reply