Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guaranteed Delivery Has Arrived

Share Post
News Team
News Team

080217_BlogBody_620x400.jpg

When it comes to getting items to buyers quickly, we know you’re already delivering the goods; two-thirds of items sold on eBay arrive at their destination in three days or less.

You’re shipping fast, and now qualifying sellers can be part of the first group to back their listings with eBay Guaranteed Delivery for doing just that. And soon, buyers will be able to filter search results to show only listings guaranteed to arrive in three days or less.

Your guaranteed delivery options

eBay has developed two guarantee options for our range of sellers.

The handling time option is going to bring the biggest benefits to our small- and medium-business sellers who can commit to a same-day or one-day handling time. (The door-to-door option, on the other hand, is best for large sellers who wish to guarantee their own delivery dates.)

For sellers who choose to list with eBay Guaranteed Delivery under the handling time option, the process is simple.

1. Set a same-day or one-day handling time on the listings you want to guarantee.
  2. eBay determines the listing’s guaranteed delivery date based on your buyer’s location.
  3. When you receive payment for a sold listing, get the item scanned by your carrier in that handling-time window.

Our guarantee

You’ve chosen the handling time option and done your part. Now let your carrier and eBay do theirs.

If you met your same-day or one-day handling time, your buyer is almost certainly going to be enjoying their purchase on or before the guaranteed delivery date. That’s why we guarantee it!

But what if a Guaranteed Delivery still arrives late?

• eBay will either reimburse a buyer’s shipping cost if they want to keep their item, issue them a free return label if they want to return it, or give them a $5 voucher if shipping was free and they’d like to keep it.
  • No matter what, eBay will remove any negative feedback related to late delivery.

Only if you miss your handling-time cutoff and your item arrives late are you responsible for either reimbursing the buyer’s shipping cost or issuing them a free return label. Still, if you offered free shipping and they want to keep the item, eBay will provide them with an eBay voucher.

No matter the scenario, eBay handles the customer service, so you’re free to keep running your business.

Why is eBay offering Guaranteed Delivery?

You told us you want to provide more accurate delivery dates and shipping costs to buyers based on their location. We listened. eBay Guaranteed Delivery gives you that and more.

eBay Guaranteed Delivery is a free service that will

• guarantee delivery dates for your listings based on your location and your buyer’s.
  • set your listings apart in eBay search by allowing buyers to filter results based on guaranteed delivery dates.
  • protect you from negative feedback related to delivery when you meet your obligations.
  • allow eBay to handle customer-service related to late delivery.
  • increase buyers’ trust in the eBay shopping experience.

Are sellers required to use it?

Nope. eBay Guaranteed Delivery is totally optional.

You’ve got to opt in to be a part of it, and sellers only guarantee the listings they want to guarantee.

How does this help buyers?

Online shoppers expect fast delivery, but they also want dependability.

We know that 60% of shoppers are more likely to choose a retailer that can accurately predict delivery dates, and 72% of online shoppers say on-time delivery is the number-one reason they return to retailers.*

With one click, the Guaranteed Delivery toggle in eBay search will let buyers view only items guaranteed to arrive in three days or less.With one click, the Guaranteed Delivery toggle in eBay search will let buyers view only items guaranteed to arrive in three days or less.

With the eBay Guaranteed Delivery toggle in eBay search, buyers will be able to filter search results for items guaranteed to arrive in three days or less, speeding up their decisions and giving them more reasons to buy on eBay and keep doing it.

Who qualifies?

eBay is welcoming a group of qualified sellers to use eBay Guaranteed Delivery in the first phase of its rollout. But who’ll make up this group?

First, we’re looking for sellers with an average of four transactions a day. For each of the two guaranteed delivery options, there are more specific requirements.

To use the handling time option, sellers must

• guarantee same-day or one-day handling time for listings they wish to guarantee.
  • offer returns on guaranteed listings.
  • use eBay labels on guaranteed listings. eBay labels upload tracking automatically, allowing eBay to take responsibility in case of late delivery.

Guaranteed Delivery is available only for listings that offer immediate payment options, not auction listings.

This is a phased rollout for sellers. As eBay optimizes Guaranteed Delivery’s features, we’ll welcome more and more sellers.

Ready to get started?

Opt in now at the eBay Guaranteed Delivery homepage!

If you click to opt in and aren’t selected as part of the initial group of sellers, don’t worry! You’ll be added to our waitlist. Review the requirements (which are definitely good ideas for successful selling anyway) and keep an eye on your inbox. We’ll email you when it’s time for you to activate.

*State of the Post-Purchase Experience (2017)

• Shipping
47 Comments
by warrenshobbies · Guide

So the tracking system between the USPS and Ebay is all screwed up for a week now and Ebay is hoping to launch something that relies on scans  being correct. 

Sounds like a plan.

News Team
News Team

Hi @warrenshobbies - Sorry to hear about that, we'd like to have a look into this. Can you please send me your user ID in a private message and I will have the shipping team look into it. Thx! ~Audrey

by warrenshobbies · Guide | Updated

No need it's been reported already and there is a ticket open on this ongoing problem with the USPS/ebay connection that started on the 26th and is still not completely fixed. 

dbmm-media
Trailblazer

as if fleecebay didnt make it easy for scammers to get free stuff.

now fleeebay makes it even easier.

wtg fleecebay!! 

Hi Audrey.  Guaranteed ship dates may work now but around the holidays and bad weather, forget it.  Even Amazon with nearly 80 warehouses couldn't deal with it yet again last year, even with Sunday deliveries.  But then again, since Ebay is backing us up on this if the packages are delivered late, if they are scanned in time at a post office (I notice the writeup says *scanned within the same day or next day timeframe* ), there's nothing much to lose as long as the sellers get to the post office and have them SCANNED in time.  You can't just dump them in a mailbox anymore hoping for a scan along the way somewhere... they need the scan.  We do this anyway.

by flukeman43 · Adventurer
flukeman43
Adventurer

I do not see how this feature of guaranteed delivery is in any way going to help or benefit a seller.  The post office does not have enough reliability and eBay does not control the us postal system last I checked.  Nice try offering 20% discount on fees but no thanks.

by maryqueenofpots · Scout

The discount is only for the rest of the month.  I feel this option will cause me more problems.  Last month I put my store on vacation and said I would be back on the 8th to ship and I did ship on that day upon my return.    Ebay says that wasn't good enough - I also had to change the shipping time because "otherwise ebay wouldn't know."  So, they will take away my top seller status in another month.  I think you folks better figure out if you have to also turn this new feature off when you go away. 

davesonlinecoin
Adventurer

vaild comments guys, calling them flceebay isn't going to make them move any faster.   I've met alot of the designers and they are hard workers.  real people with real familes.  alot of them military veterans.  I hate the fact they cut the final vaule fees to 10% as well.  I agree, only for the month for gaureenteed shipping will give 20% discount on final value fees. 

You can try craiglist(wild wild west) or amazon that charges ridiculous fees.  But that's just what I think.

Dave

At first I did not see how this could work out to a sellers favor. Now I do understand and see the benefits. As long as WE do our part then Ebay takes on the cost to themselves to reimburse the buyer and IF we do free shipping then your pretty much covered all the way around. I am switching over to free shipping after considering how I shop. When I buy from Ebay I look for three main things in choosing which sellers items I buy: 1. Where are they? I do not want to wait for something I need to come from California or further. 2. Free shipping. Even though I know its included in the price and not really free its still nice to not have to calculate the transaction. 3.Price. In this order is how I choose and if the price is a bit higher to get it sooner...I have no issue with that. If I  shop that way....why would I think MY customers would be any different? Thanks Ebay...personnally I LOVE this platform!

News Team
News Team

Hi @flukeman43 - The main seller benefit is we can guarantee that an item will arrive when we say it will, instilling more trust in you and the eBay platform, and allowing us to compete with other retailers who already offer similar promises.  Under Guaranteed Delivery, shoppers who want something in 2 or 3 days will be able to filter search results by guaranteed delivery date. That means that if you are a seller offering Guaranteed Delivery,  you'll show up in those results, an advantage over sellers that do not offer Guaranteed Delivery. And we also offer seller protection: if you use the Handling Time option of this program and meet your handling time, you are protected should the item arrive late or if the buyer complains. eBay will recompense the buyer, at no cost or penalty to the seller. Hope that helps ~ Audrey

by tobsmilin2 · Adventurer
tobsmilin2
Adventurer

Can you clarify something for me? I read that the first wave of sellers admitted will have at least 4 transactions per day. Ultimately, will it be open to those with less than that or is there a minimum number per day / week / month?

bygeorgebears
Adventurer

Is Guaranteed Delivery only for priority mail or all shipping platforms?

by gpgcaver · Adventurer
gpgcaver
Adventurer

What if we do not use Ebay shipping and use a third party shipping software (stamps.com or UPS worldship) and then upload the tracking ourselves.

Are sellers still covered if scanner in the handling time window?

Very good!

southeasterndatafl
Adventurer

This is a gimmick we have no control of the logistics we can predict from past shippment but it unreasonable for us the guarante the arrival. What we do have control of is handling time this is a unnessary risk, cost, misleads customer and leaves seller on the hook. If we use the handling time option ebay calms it's giving you a discount but when I reviewed my last years invoice which ebay made it nearly impossible  to figure out how much you spend on shipping, Ebay was charging us on the back end for using there shipping label option. 

News Team
News Team

Hi All - some answers to specific questions...

@tobsmilin2 - We started with sellers who have more than 4 transactions per day to start with a high volume of listings eligible for Guaranteed Delivery, but eventually, any seller, regardless of volume will be eligible for Guaranteed Delivery, so long as they meet the program requirements. 

@bygeorgebears - You can use any shipping class of service with Guaranteed Delivery. As an example, if you ship from California and offer both first class and priority on the same item, buyers in, say, Nevada will see Guaranteed Delivery under first class (because we have good data that indicates a high likelihood that first class will make it to Nevada in 2-3 days), but buyers on the east coast will see Guaranteed Delivery under priority. On the back end, eBay looks at the data to predict shipping times based on seller and buyer location, and will only show Guaranteed Delivery on listings where we know the shipping will deliver in 2-3 days. Hope that helps! 

thehappiestbigfoot
Adventurer

I have two questions I'm hoping someone from eBay can clear up before i opt in Smiley Happy

#1 - If we opt in to the handling time guarantee are we expected to get it scanned in within the handling time limit, or does the package just need to show evidence of being shipped on time? For example, say we scheduled a PO pickup but our mailperson doesnt regularly scan them in for us, or we drop in  the box at the PO but do not take to the counter because of a line, or maybe it doesnt get scanned by the carrier until it is at a hub post office or maybe not even until delivery. In those circumstances, as long as the item ultimately is delivered within the total "guaranteed" time that was originally determined by us stating we have a 1 day handling time, are we covered, or would we actually also have to ensure that a scan is completed by the carrier within the 1 day handling time limit as well?

Also, question #2 -  Because I am in NY and I try to maintain visibility to customers all across the country, I offer Fedex smartpost as my "primary" shipping method since it is usually cheapest, but in the calculator I also have the option for buyer to pick from USPS priority or fedex ground as well. So if I opt in the handling time option, with this kind of set up, will the items still show in the guaranteed delivery search results since the buyer *could* pick the priority mail option to achieve their desired delivery timeframe?  If so,  then I am also curious, is the guranteed delivery based on what service the buyer selects during checkout?

For example, i have a 2lb item and my shipping calc offers fedex smartpost, usps priority, and fedex ground as the 3 service options, in that order.  I always put smartpost as the primary option, because  that way when i am competing for the buyer's businsess, it tends to be the cheapest option for people across the country from me, and for people who are closer it is still comparable to usps rates and so this helps me stay competitive and if someone does have a close shipping address then I ususally just give those people who are close enough a "free" upgrade to priority mail anyways. Now heres why I'm asking about this. I am pretty sure that most buyers will pick the smartpost option mainly just because it is first, and because I think the checkout isn't very obvious on showing buyers that there are other shipping methods so I they dont even realize there are other options. So if the buyer finds my item because of my option to ship priority, but then completes checkout with the default selection of smartpost, would that buyer then have an alert that makes them aware that they are not selecting the shipping method that "goes" with guaranteed delivery, or will their checkout default to priority shipping as the primary shipping method? Or will I not show in the search results at all for items that I have smartpost listed as the primary shipping method? How will that work?

Thank you for your time. Hope I worded the questions in a way that makes sense Smiley Happy

by pinupsplus · Rockstar | Updated
pinupsplus
Rockstar

Chiming in here...

I generally open a transaction and hit the Paypal transaction details which takes me directly to the buyer's payment in Paypal.  THIS is how I print out the shipping label for all transactions.  Once the label has been printed, the tracking information automatically pastes back to the eBay transaction, no need to cut and paste. 

I do this for a combination of reasons:

• It confirms payment has actually been received
  • It is faster than printing the item through eBay shipping which it "glitchy" on its best days
  • Not all international shipping option are available via eBay shipping that are available when shipping via Paypal.

So my question is... Since the Paypal shipping automatically tracks back to the eBay transaction, is this still considered shipping through eBay?

by gregthree · Adventurer
gregthree
Adventurer

Im not sure how I feel about this.  My first instinct is that this will help the mass seller that has distributors all over the country more than it will help the small business that is on one coast or the other.  It might not affect the small business that is centrally located in the US.  Anyway, my handling times are fantastic so I would most likely OPT in to that.  My question is the same as one others, do I have to log in to ebay and actually print the label from my sellers hub or can I continue to use my third party software that feeds ebay all the information that it needs to track the package anyway.  This is the biggest item at this time that I may not opt in.  I have a 2 year contract with my shipping software because I am not paying for it.

by pinupsplus · Rockstar
pinupsplus
Rockstar

Chiming in here...

I generally open a transaction and hit the Paypal transaction details which takes me directly to the buyer's payment in Paypal.  THIS is how I print out the shipping label for all transactions.  Once the label has been printed, the tracking information automatically pastes back to the eBay transaction, no need to cut and paste. 

I do this for a combination of reasons:

• It confirms payment has actually been received
  • It is faster than printing the item through eBay shipping which it "glitchy" on its best days
  • Not all international shipping option are available via eBay shipping that are available when shipping via Paypal.

So my question is... Since the Paypal shipping automatically tracks back to the eBay transaction, is this still considered shipping through eBay?

Does anyone know?

by r.c.p.b · Thrill-Seeker
r.c.p.b
Thrill-Seeker

I dont see the toggle button on my mobile app.  Is that only a feature for the members who are opted in to this program?  I have an android phone.  Also, It seems as if this will give an advantage to all that have opted in and the rest of us small sellers are left behind once again.  I have 100% on time handling and validation tracking uploaded along with free shipping but once again, it seems as if you killed my sales momentum.   I have tried to opt into the program but I guess I must be too small of a seller to matter to ebay.

by gpgcaver · Adventurer
gpgcaver
Adventurer

still looking for an answer from ebay on this...News Team

"by gpgcaver · Adventurer

What if we do not use Ebay shipping and use a third party shipping software (stamps.com or UPS worldship) and then upload the tracking ourselves.

Are sellers still covered if scanned in the handling time window?"

by davesonlinecoin · Adventurer | Updated
davesonlinecoin
Adventurer

Audrey,

Ebay should call it Guaranteed Shipping.  All sellers can gaurentee that we ship the item, but there is no gaurentee to delivery.  Once I drop my coin Ebay branded envelope in the mail at the post office I can gaurentee I shipped it.  However I cannot gaurentee it is delivered.  I think the chain of command needs to evaluate the wording on this.

by r.c.p.b · Thrill-Seeker
r.c.p.b
Thrill-Seeker

I agree with Dave.  Ebay can't guarantee delivery.  Maybe USPS, fedex or UPS can guarantee it but ebay essentially isn't delivering the item.   

难度很大,很难达到

by zippy451 · Adventurer
zippy451
Adventurer

My center city Philadelphia post office scans my bar coded delivery confirmation packages "in" about half the time. I feel it is intrusive and inaccurate for Ebay to base Top Rated status or this new Guaranteed Delivery program on those reports. We are no longer Top Rated sellers and glad for it! No more stupid banal bull **bleep** hoops for us to jump through!

I feel strongly Ebay should reduce commissions for all sellers, not just a few chosen sellers that can get everything right at their local post office, just because that post office location is better at scanning in packages.

What about packages placed in mailboxes? I note these are not regularly scanned "in" either!

To base a discount on fees on these uncertain scans and usps performance is just unfair to all sellers and is only benefiting a chosen few!

thegarmentexchange
Adventurer

recently i was selling a jacket for $800 with free ship and buyer offered $500.  i accepted and then they returned it.  my original shipping was $28. i did charge her 10% restocking fee to recover my shipping cost but i don't like to normally do that.  just wondering if others offer free ship and then get a return, how do you handle the lost money on shipping?

by lilbizybee · Adventurer | Updated
lilbizybee
Adventurer

I think this Guaranteed Delivery will screw me. 20% discount or no discount. confounded I have a full time job while I'm running my Ebay biz. I label and package in the evening and then drop off at the Post Office the next day, usually at a sorting facility. I cannot stand in line to get all of the packages scanned. Therefore, there's no way I can control when the post office scans in. Sometimes they do it that same days and several times they've done it next day or almost a week later! Because of that... my late shipping rate has been between 3.8% - 4.5%. (the max for Top Seller status is 3%). I've been teetering on that range for the past 6 months+! - I think the Guaranteed Delivery option will make my late shipment rating WORSE.

karenkat929
Adventurer

I noticed a new disclaimer on the USPS website that that the dates given are NOT guaranteed due to events like weather, natural disasters. I'm sure they will be THRILLED with the impending fallout from angry eBay sellers when the delivery dates are not met.

How soon will it be before we will be asked to OPT IN as a TRS requirement???

I "guananteed" I will NOT be opting in...

by gpgcaver · Adventurer
gpgcaver
Adventurer

still looking for an answer from ebay on this...third time asking

Are sellers still covered if scanned in the handling time window?"

by pinupsplus · Rockstar | Updated
pinupsplus
Rockstar

@gpgcaver

I also asked a similar question. 

@audrey_tracy

Can we please get some clarification on this?  If I print my lables directly from Paypal, the tracking number automatically pastes to the order.  Does this count as eBay shipping?  Yes or no.  Also, are sellers who use other outside shipping services like stamps.com, are they covered?  Yes or no.

It's great a thread was started to help introduce the program, but if no one ever comes back and answers people's questions, it isn't very useful... Is it!

by zippy451 · Adventurer
zippy451
Adventurer

Can we please get some clarification on this?  If I print my lables directly from Paypal, the tracking number automatically pastes to the order.  Does this count as eBay shipping?  Yes or no.

No.

Package scan by usps is what counts, and only what counts; so every package they fail to scan counts against you!

by pinupsplus · Rockstar
pinupsplus
Rockstar

@zippy451

That's not my question.  In order to qualify for TRS+ I already get my packages scanned by the PO EVERY DAY.

My questions pertains to using eBay labels...

To use the handling time option, sellers must

• guarantee same-day or one-day handling time for listings they wish to guarantee.
  • offer returns on guaranteed listings.
  • use eBay labels on guaranteed listings. eBay labels upload tracking automatically, allowing eBay to take responsibility in case of late delivery.

When I print my labels I open the transaction and hit the Paypal Transaction Detail link which takes me directly to the buyer's payment.  THAT is where I buy my postage... directly in Paypal.  The tracking automatically tracks back to the eBay transaction and marks the transaction as shipped... No cutting and pasting.

So THAT is my question.  Does this count as eBay shipping?  YES, or NO

I would actually prefer if an eBay rep ONLY can clarify this since theirs is really the only opinion that counts on this question.

Paypal link.jpg

usaquadcopter
Adventurer

I would like to voice my opinion on one change that this program has brought about that may have been poorly thought out. eBay is no longer valuing the SCAN form for USPS shipments, even if that form is scanned and all those shipments are dropped off, that is no longer considered the first scan and the item is not considered shipped in eBay's system UNTIL it receives another tracking update. For some of us, that is the next sorting center and may not receive a scan until the next day. This is extremely problematic, as eBay encourages using a SCAN form, however silently removed it's purpose from the site. I now have to have my post office scan each package, and the scan form, of which the postal employees are not happy about, I can only hope they continue to treat our packages well.

by reef-shop · Adventurer | Updated
reef-shop
Adventurer

It is unbelieveable that eBay would neglect to include Stamps.com in the Guranateed Delivery integration as it pertains to the Handling Time option.

Incredibly irresponsible and poorly thought out program.

This should really have been included BEFORE you started offering the program roll out.

Are all the Stamps.com users supposed to use a new shipping aggregator and postage service?

When will this greivous oversight be corrected?

by cj48881 · Adventurer
cj48881
Adventurer

Nothing is free....if you watch - Ebay starts refunding buyers our fees go up.

by pinupsplus · Rockstar
pinupsplus
Rockstar

trinton@ebay

Is there any way we can get some clarification on our questions?  I received a call from a marketing representative the day before yesterday and she said there were two other integrated shipping programs (NOT stamps.com) but she said Paypal was not listed and neither was stamps.com.  She said that Paypal fit the requirements but it wasn't listed.  Are these programs being verbally omitted to "guide" us to the shipping programs eBay wants us to use but still qualify, or do they not qualify.

Though I should be used to it, I'm a bit disappointed that eBay would start a thread and then leave their members questioning, floundering and speculating without coming back to answer questions.  This is why these roll outs are not greeted with open arms... a lack of transparency.

Community Team
Community Team

trinton@ebay

Is there any way we can get some clarification on our questions?  I received a call from a marketing representative the day before yesterday and she said there were two other integrated shipping programs (NOT stamps.com) but she said Paypal was not listed and neither was stamps.com.  She said that Paypal fit the requirements but it wasn't listed.  Are these programs being verbally omitted to "guide" us to the shipping programs eBay wants us to use but still qualify, or do they not qualify.

Though I should be used to it, I'm a bit disappointed that eBay would start a thread and then leave their members questioning, floundering and speculating without coming back to answer questions.  This is why these roll outs are not greeted with open arms... a lack of transparency.

I've reached out to get some more info on what label services would qualify. I will update here once I have more info!

by pinupsplus · Rockstar
pinupsplus
Rockstar

Thank you trinton@ebay

I really appreciate your efforts.

negativefeedbak
Adventurer

Heck no, will see how it works for other people before I even think about it. I ship my items same day if ordered before my cut off time.  But you never know sometim e with fedex/usps. Now if my item was scanned and I was off the hook, sure but things happen with delivery.

davidhartsfdeals
Pathfinder

Hello,

I am having trouble with my paypal account.   Has anyone ever heard of account manipulation?   Is it possible to make one payment look like more?  ie....can someone pay once and then make a webpage appear as though an item that was paid for actually was?   I ordered some apps and they are kinda' what tipped me off(that and the fact that I have barely any money despite selling tons of items).    My selling manager pro just erases items willy nilly, One minute it will say I have 48 sold items, the next it will say I have 43 and the next it will say I have 30.  One minute my 90 day total is $1600, the next it is $1200, and so on.   SUpposedly, I have made about $2000 I SALES and received said money but I have actually only received about $900.    If I were a dumber person or less cautious, I would not even have noticed it but   it is impossible to ignore.   I have looked at the pages and it appears that the program they are using is called jodarwin or something....any advice or experience with this would be greatly appreicated!!! 

by pinupsplus · Rockstar
pinupsplus
Rockstar

I'm seeing a reason I will NEVER sign up for the guaranteed delivery program.  To be in the program you have to make the listings IPR and that is just something I'm not going to do.  I know that eBay is headed that way for all sellers, but I'm certainly not going to voluntarily do that.  EBAY needs to educated buyers to use the cart for multiple purchases, this shouldn't be up to me to educate them and I certainly shouldn't have to pay the fees on multiple shipping costs... And NO, I'm not going to "free" shipping either.

buyonlineforless
Adventurer

@audrey_tracy

hi Audrey,

can you please clarify this:

1-we opt in on 8-18-17 but it says we are on waiting list.  How did people get notification to opt in that we did not?

2- your post said that priority is given to sellers that sell 4 or more. We sell jewelry and it is tougher to have high volume compare to other items.  there is not exception to number of sales for items?

3- when would we get a chance to have our sales with new ebay gauranteed system? we meet the next day handling, returns, ... already.

4- We close one day mid week and open weekends.  how can this be done?  we changed our cut off time and also the business days for next day taking out the day that we are not working.  Also, can we put it on vacation mode for the day we are closed mid week?

thanks.

by gpgcaver · Adventurer
gpgcaver
Adventurer

trinton@ebay any word on of the other label services are ok to use?

by gregthree · Adventurer
gregthree
Adventurer

I you are using handling time you must use ebay labels, shippo or shiprush AND  USPS or FedEx.  Nothing else works.  In the door to dooor option you can use whoevere and whatever you want.  But remember your actual shipping zones with you carrier do not match up with the zone rate chart ebay has set.  I talked to a ebay rep theu a conference call and was a total waste of time.  All they do is spit out predetermined answers from a script.

stampinsisters
Adventurer

I opted in to gureenteed delivery aug 2nd and ever since I can not add pictures or descriplane039.jpgtion to any of my auctions that have bids. I opted out to see if that would correct the problem but it has not. I have called ebay and they replicated the problem on there end and have notified the program developement  team. When I do try try to add a picture or description a rate table error occurs. I don't use a rate table sigh

by 2000joni · Adventurer
2000joni
Adventurer

I opted in to GD and was contacted by an eBay marketing rep who mentioned that eligible listings must require immediate payment. I prefer to offer generous payment terms to my customers, and requesting immediate payment for auction style listings is counter-productive. My question is, why force us to demand immediate payment? Can't eBay just start the clock upon receipt of cleared payment?