cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine two or more orders for shipping in one parcel

Share Post
Jim Griffith
Enthusiast

If you have two or more orders from a single buyer and you can save either the buyer (or, if you offer free shipping, yourself) some money on shipping, consider combining the items into one shipment. It is easy to do using the eBay Bulk Shipping feature. Here's how you do it:
Go to My eBay > Selling > Sold (or Awaiting Shipping). 

Check the boxes for the two (or more) sales going to the same buyer.

Select two or more sold Items to combine.

From the Shipping Action drop-down box at the top of the section, select "Print Shipping Labels or Invoices".

Click the Shipping Actions button.

On the next page, select the option for "US Postage Service or UPS shipping label" (under "Purchase and print shipping labels").

Select "US Postage Service or UPS shipping label".

Whenever you select two or more sales for printing, you are automatically directed into the Bulk Shipping flow. If there are orders that are for the same buyer, you will see an alert on the first page of the Bulk Shipping section stating: "You have some orders from the same buyer that can be combined." Click the link for "Show order to combine."

Click "Show order to combine."

In the "Combine shipments" overlay window, check the boxes for each of the items going to the same buyer (if they aren't already checked). Click "Combine Shipments".

"Combine shipments" window.

Click "Close" in the next overlay window.

Click "Close".

You are now back on the Bulk Shipping main page, showing the two or more shipments combined into one order to ship. Select a shipping service and provide the weight of the parcel containing the two or more sales.

Enter a service and weight for the single parcel.

The two or more orders will now show as combined in your My eBay > Selling > Sold view with one tracking number!
Note: You may consider offering any savings realized on combining two or more orders into one shipment back to the buyer as a partial refund through PayPal, but do note that currently the only way to receive a partial credit on the final value fees for partial refunds is to contact eBay Customer Support directly. For those sellers who do not charge for shipping (that is, those that include the price of shipping in the item cost) there is nothing more you need to do, as any savings in shipping costs can benefit the seller with no consequences from the buyer (since the buyer has no idea what the seller paid for shipping when the item offers free shipping).

• Shipping
  • Tips and Tools
6 Comments
by wai562 · Rising Star
wai562
Rising Star

I've been using eBay labels and combining shipments for a number of years without any problems. Complete tracking uploads for combined shipments were always processed automatically. Recently, I've been experiencing problems with having the tracking info uploaded for all my sales under one combined shipment. For some reason, tracking uploads were incomplete, missing several items under the same order. I contacted eBay several times and they responded that they will look into the matter and notify me of a solution by email. They never did. Now, I have lost my Top Seller status because I did not meet the requirements for tracking uploads because my combined shipments were not properly uploaded in eBay's automated processes. Their solution was to ask me to discontinue combined shipping until my tracking uploads improves. This is a ridiculous response. Is anyone having the same experience as me?

by ldrickert · Adventurer
ldrickert
Adventurer

Still no FedEx!!

by wai562 · Rising Star
wai562
Rising Star

I later figured out how to combine the orders differently/manually by going to my sellers hub and printing the label from my orders waiting to be shipped. As I said, however, previously all my orders were automatically combined, while now I have to hassle taking these additional steps.

by re_tolley · Rising Star
re_tolley
Rising Star

Thank you so much for your help. Far better than what eBay can do. It took me one hour to get to this point. That ate up my listing time for the day.

rrrickert88
Pathfinder

Not being able to combine fedex or ups is a MAJOR oversite!! Heavy items are almost always cheaper with fedex and if combined they are over $100.00 you have no insurance!!

thai.shop11
Pathfinder

Good to read this.:smileyhappy::heart: