eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
jems4rory
Community Member
I have looked at an item by a seller and his site will not allow me to either put it in my cart or buy it now. What has happened?

What kind of Ebay do we have?  I have been a member for years yet I do limited purchases here.  Is this seller in conflict somehow?  Does he not understand that "buy it now" is a guarenteed payment?  Why will they not sell me a $250.00 item with paypal?  What is happening to ebay?  Please help as I need this item to repair my Mac Pro and get back to work.  Thank you.

Other Answers: 9
karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

It would be easier to express an opinion if we knew the item number :-)

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

Sellers can block you for no reason or for any reason  they wish.  If they have their buyer requirements set, then they can block you for these reasons:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have unpaid items recorded on their account (2 or more)

Have a primary shipping address in countries you don’t ship to

Have reportedly violated eBay policies

Have a Feedback score lower than the number you specify

Are currently winning or have bought 1-100 of your items in the last 10 days (you can specify the number)

Sorry, but you will have to find another seller that will sell to you.

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

>>>"Does he not understand that "buy it now" is a guarenteed payment?"<<<

A BIN is not a guaranteed payment unless there is an "Immediate Payment required" option.

Sellers can block bidders for a variety of reasons.

You apparently fall into one of the categories that the seller has blocked.

You will need to find another seller.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

Hi.  One of your questions was what kind of ebay do we now have?

Part of the new ebay is now sellers have the option to protect themselves prior to the sale.   Perhaps if you have bought from them in the past & the sale was not as great in the sellers view as you think & they do not wish to do business with you again.   Or it could be you have emailed them & they just did not like the tone you set in the email or if you attempted to get them to change the terms of sale & they chose to place the manual block on you.

Then they have the automatic blocks outlined by another poster that places blocks for potential buyers who have a track record of ebay problems.

Who knows really why?    If you have purchased or emailed them in the past then my guess on that may be the reason.  If not then one of the automatic blocks is preventing your purchase or bid.

These blocks also block emails from you now.

Your only option is to find a seller who does not have whichever block in place. 

Good luck, Jim

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

I feel for you. I'm having the exact same problem and called ebay and all they could tell me was to find another seller. Well what I wanted --and would've paid for immediately-- is not offered anywhere else on ebay, so I'm stuck.  I have a 100% rating and was told by this seller--when this problem happened before--that I could buy whatever I'd like from him. I'm frustrated.

Is there some kind of appeal for being blocked? He has even blocked my contacting him. Maybe it's a mistake, but I'd just like to know why. I'm a red star member with a 100% rating and no cases against me.  Can anybody help??

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

I feel for you. I'm having the exact same problem and called ebay and all they could tell me was to find another seller. Well what I wanted --and would've paid for immediately-- is not offered anywhere else on ebay, so I'm stuck.  I have a 100% rating and was told by this seller--when this problem happened before--that I could buy whatever I'd like from him. I'm frustrated.

Is there some kind of appeal for being blocked? He has even blocked my contacting him. Maybe it's a mistake, but I'd just like to know why. I'm a red star member with a 100% rating and no cases against me.  Can anybody help??

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

even having a PO box as a shipping address could account for it.

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory

You can use the advanced search and get his contact information.  Then, call him and see if he is willing to put you on his blocked buyer exclusion list so you can buy from him.

We have no idea, of course, why you are being blocked.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jems4rory