cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Going on with Thumbnails Not Showing Up in First Gallery Pic

The little wheel/gear thing just keeps spinning around...occasionally the pic will finally show up, but by then a potential bidder has hit the back button --  It's been going on for days.  Please fix, ebay...

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably not an eBay problem...

it's probably a problem with your browser.

Use your browser's tools menu to clear your cache and cookies.

Or try another browser, recommended here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/browser.html

It's always a good idea to have another browser available, just for situations like this

something doesn't work in one browser but it does in another browser, then the problem is in the browser.

Chrome and Firefox work well.

IE (later versions) should be run in compatability mode, (set it from the tools menu)

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

It IS most definately an Ebay problem. I have tried 3 different browsers on 3 different computers and it still does the same thing - only displays 11 thumbnails. The rest of the gallery is just the text. I've cleared the cache, got rid of temporary files - it make no difference. All my colleagues at work are getting the same issues. Ebay has recently done something to it's website and it causing this problem. I've been on loads of forums where people are having the same problems. When are Ebay going to acknowledge there's a problem and fix it.

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

HOw about an item number.

Message 4 of 55
latest reply

elocwerdna1
Enthusiast

I have been having exactly the same problem as invisiblebiker, only the first 11 pictures are showing. I have checked the internet data and Ebay is only sending out the first 11 pictures so it IS AN EBAY PROBLEM. I have spoken with Tech Support and they insist it is my computer. I am certain that they have upgraded something and now their software doesn`t do what it is supposed to do over the internet. It apparently works ok for them in house. I too have changed computers, memory sticks, cables etc but it still does the same thing.

Message 5 of 55
latest reply

I'm having the same problem for days - and I sick of it already! EBAY PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!!

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

Please note that the original posts are from last year, so the new posts are a new problem, probably unrelated to the original posts.

eBay does indeed have an internal view of listings that is different from what outsiders see. If you have technical expertise to contradict what staff is saying, be sure to give them all the data so their programmers can duplicate the situation and see for themselves. Be sure to provide them with your browser version along with listing numbers exhibiting the problem.

More to the point, if you provide listing numbers, other members like yourself can verify whether they see the same problem. This helps define the limits of the problem (whether browser specific) and will make troubleshooting easier.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 55
latest reply

Having the same problem as the gallery pic is not posting. Item 300894725528 was created using Auctiva. All pictures posted but there is no gallery or main page picture. I have 6 other listings with the same issue. Other listings posted OK that were uploaded the same day. The listings happen to be all auctions. There is a ebay issue with the gallery pictures only. Does it have anything to do with new or upcoming picture rules? Customers can see all the pictures uploaded in the listing but there is no gallery picture. How do we get this info to Ebay.

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

I can't see thumbnails in search results either, but can see everything when I click on an item...this just started for me yesterday.  In Firefox, when loading the page always seems to get stuck connecting to some thumbs page/server/etc, as shown in the bar in the lower left.  The overall issue, though, is occurring in multiple browsers after cache/cookies have been cleared.  Please fix!  Even just an acknowledgement of the issue would be nice...

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

Anyone have any solutions. I am going to try google chrome.

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

HI 

please tell me if you solved that problem. At the moment I am facing same problem please help. I am using explorer and crome.

thanks

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

I had the same experience and in my case it was Adblock Plus that was stopping the thumbnails showing on an ebay search. I disabled Adblock Plus for ebay specifically and the thumbnails now show. HTH.

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

In tools  / compatability view settings we had ebay added because we were having problems with editing some of our items that we had for sale. This fixed the problem up . Then we started to have the problem of only 11 pictures loading.  So what i did was remove ebay from compatability settings and all the pictures loaded straight away.  So you may like to try adding ebay in compatability view and then removing it.   See how you go .  David

Message 13 of 55
latest reply

'It's probably not an eBay problem...'

It is an Ebay problem because it's the ONLY site on the net I'm having these problems with, no matter what browser I use.

'it's probably a problem with your browser.'

See above.

Use your browser's tools menu to clear your cache and cookies.

Done twice...didn't do anything

Or try another browser, recommended here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/browser.html

No point in it.  I"ve tried Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Is ebay going to fix this or what?

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

I'm having the same issues. Only 5 thumbnails are showing even though I uploaded 10. Ive had this issue with other auctions so before I listed this one I looked at my preview and ALL thumbnails showed but once listed only the first 5. And it ISNT a browser issue! I have looked on other browsers and even my Ipad, no difference.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply