eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Re: Final Value Fee On Shipping Charge

in reply to nosportss

This isn't a price increase. Sellers already pay in the form of the Final Value Fee. You must be one to roll over and play dead any time something unfair occurs.  Way to be a productive member of society, being spoon fed whatever comes your way. That's called lazy.  What we, WORKING eBay sellers are talking about, is this is yet another way for eBay to continue to gouge us.  eBay is a host site, the business does pretty much NOTHING for us. We all have other options, including selling at a GARAGE SALE, Amazon, Craigslist, or saving our energy and donating items we'd normally sell for the more valuable tax write off. I'm all about price increases, but unfair, rip-off tactics need to have a light shone upon them.  

Please use plain text.
connie333
Community Member

in reply to l1brodsky

Plenty have left, have you looked lately, not as many items and the prices are sky high.

l1brodsky wrote:

every one is overlooking the point, the point is they are chargeing us for a service they do not provide it is more criminal then anything. they have nothing to do with us shipping they are just stealing money from us that is what people are really mad about fees are for a service but sellers have been mad for a very long time and never leave so they will continue to rob us legal theft

Please use plain text.
l1brodsky
Community Member

in reply to geolyn87

every one is overlooking the point, the point is they are chargeing us for a service they do not provide it is more criminal then anything. they have nothing to do with us shipping they are just stealing money from us that is what people are really mad about fees are for a service but sellers have been mad for a very long time and never leave so they will continue to rob us legal theft

Please use plain text.
liebs_landing
Community Member

in reply to nosportss

Its not a price increas, its a fee charged on shipping charges that I receive. I can see a fee increas on selling price %, but on shipping?  What a ripoff!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67
I know what their doing. They have basically 2 sets of formulas that they employ. Its a trade secret and diabolically ingenuous. One formula set is simple mathematics designed for public consumption. The other one is for their ie: BIG WIGS, consumption. The 1st one has the seller focused on a number that has all of the appearance of simple mathematics that somehow the seller can never figure the cost to the penny. Therefore he can never precisely factor in his exact cost. Why? I may come across a tad bit sinacle but their formulas are ONLY for their benefit and definitely NOT for yours at all when one is veiwing the actual effects in the sense that they can never reach a real true competitive edge unless your product is the only one like it in the world that only you can dictate what is allowed to be done with that product.
Then and Only then one can mark up his product enough to satisfy his insatiable desires. Otherwise the other extremely sophisticated formula which is running in the background that we can never see. This formula is designed to garner tour attention with a high degree of continuity attached to it so to be sufficient to accomplish it's task which is really designed to make us fully vested by the masses. That 2nd formula is diabolically designed so to once we are fully vested they can continue to reach into the sellers pocket and rip a little piece of all of your future profits in reapect to growth primarily but others as well.
They're kind of like the government in the sense that, well to put it in lamens terms; they're real good at pulling a tooth out of a real live alligator while he's awake without pliers.
I think the best way for is the sellers is to find out the code or formula for that bigger behemoth that's working in the background.
It's broken up into lots of little pieces and being employed and/or selectively enforced, in a fashion that makes it almost impossible to detect. Until unity occurs on this issue the sellers (The 90% ters) will never reach a true balance.
Please use plain text.
kitkit1795
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67

I've decided to take a shot at selling on ebay again after staying away for about 5 years. After a month I'm ready to give up again. I just noticed the balance I owe under Account Activity and it's barely worth being invloved in this. I'm looking at other options right now.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67

Actually,if you do not get free listing ebay charges the following a listing fee, And 10% of the selling price fee,then a shipping fee,no matter what your charge is for actual shipping cost,& then the Pay Pal fee.  Somwhere around %20 .     Have paid this more than once,then stopped selling.. You don't make a profit on a $10 item,perhaps a loss!!   Compitition is coming,it's Called 11..

Please use plain text.
connie333
Community Member

in reply to myabenmoussa

Ha ha listen to us?

Spoiler

myabenmoussa wrote:

I know this sucks. I had the same thing too! Do they even listen to us?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67

I know this sucks. I had the same thing too! Do they even listen to us?

Please use plain text.
oldsol
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67

I just discovered ebay has been double billing my account on final shipping fees...!

For example: I sold 4 identical items from the same buy-it-now listing and offer combined shipping. The seller pays reduced shipping charges , yet ebay system charges my account 4 times the shipping fees...!!!!

They say it was maybe a "hiccup" in the servers, and it was probably an isolated case...?!?!?

I seriously doubt that with MILLIONS and MILLIONS of daily tranactions, my account is the only one affected by this so-called hiccup...?!

A hiccup that makes ebay thousands and possibly millions more profit on shipping fees.

They are currently investigating and will get back to me....

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR INVOICES ! ESP FINAL VALUE FEES ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to marbleorchards

Yes the system is really in a mess, Looks like Ebay is into passing the Buck around in a circle with no one accepting responsibility, My shipping details and quoted label prices for UPS are all over the place on price with most labels being priced to the customer for less than i can purchase one. They are again combining purchase's and adding weight without taking package size into consideration. Thus not quoting the customer a correct rate. But Ebay has no suggestion on who is going to pay the difference.

Looks like all packages are quoted less insurance, interesting i just shipped a $3500.00 package , i do not know about the rest of you but that package will not leave here without insurance. Ebay suggestion the insurance cost will pay off in the future as they do not loss every single package. That is a bunch of bull when is can look at the UPS overgoods wharehouse and see 250,000 sq feet of lost packages at any given time.

We have added a handling fee to each package shipped it also combines your shipment and charges only one handling fee thus making the problem worse.

A suggestion take off your final value shipping fee until you have a system that works

Please use plain text.
badkarmax3
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to 16jun67

Shouldn't eBay help pay for our shipping supplies (tape, Envelopes, Boxes, lables, ink, and paper to create them) if they are going to take from our shipping fees? We offer free sipping they still manage to get 10 percent of the overall fees. Not to mention i bought some items to sell that mark monitors flagged me for copyrighted infringement (which is bs) for stating that some adapters were compatible with apple products and after writing them they told me eBay was the one stopping me from selling them! What are you doing to us sellers that are helping you make money eBay? BTW before some Ahole asks why am i still here... I am disabled and the few pennies eBay allows me to make is better then zero!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 16jun67

Isn't this new final value fee on shipping a little illegal?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jackah4

I also just had an auction end, and the quoted price to ship was one amount and when I printed the shipping label, it was another, a difference of  $3.06. Of course I called Ebay, twice and got nowehre.  There first time was over 30 minutes of " Let me check and I'll be right back" repsonce! Today I called UPS to discuss the price difference and they claim it is an Ebay issue. I called again today and spoke with Ebay and of course got nowhere. As a result of all the fees over the years and now this questionable shipping incident, I will close my account in about an hour if the last listed item does not sell. If it seels, then when that is completed I am out of here. I will also dump PayPal. I am sure that Ebay and the shipping entities have an aggreement where they give some money to Ebay for the privilege of having sellers use these  "Ebay rates" listed. Just seems like something is not right. Take my money and business and go elsewhere is what I am doing. 

Please use plain text.
jackah4
Community Member

in reply to dick-richard

We may have causual action against eBay and its third parties.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dick-richard

Another problem today, all prices quoted to the customer are again are lower than i can purchase a label. A $3500.00 insured package to California quoted the customer $19.47 shipping when actual is $42.41. A little research with customer support and the rates are dropping the insurance cost and some of the package sizes and dimensions , a 6 pound box from Kansas City to the northeast rated at approx $12.00  with the package size gone. When the actual package size is checked against the system it rates at $151.00 and change.

I have noticed the package size and dimensions are not transferring from Ebay to Ship Either.

Please use plain text.
bayowulf2010
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nosportss

The issue is that eBay is being sneaky about it. At least at the gas station or the store I have the choice to buy or not to buy based on the price. With eBay, it's something you only find out about if you wonder why so much money is coming out of your account (as I just did). eBay charging a FVF on shipping is like the government charging you sales tax on the sales tax you just paid for an item. So, no, I won't "just get over it".

Please use plain text.
jackah4
Community Member

in reply to dick-richard

"...discussing a different selling format other than Ebay"

Please keep us apprised of your intentions.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to connie333

It's a very big problem, Beside the fact that they take approx 12-14% of your calculated shipping price.There shipping rates do not account for very many details involded in shipping a package, such charges as DAS Rural, Non residential ect are not calculated thru the system when generating a cost for a customer. It also does not firgure in residential vs commercial as commercial address's get a lower shipping rate. We have had a very big problem with there quoted prices being 20-40% below our cost to print a label. Also be aware of printing UPS or Fedex labels thru Ebay as the rate your are charged for your label is not the actual cost and is unknown until it clears thru the UPS or Fedex system and is delivered. Thus a package that you might have paid $14.52 for the label might actually be charged to your acct at an actual cost of $18.47 because the system left out insurance and could not figure if the shipping address was das Non Residential or Rural until it was delivered.

The worst label they qouted to our customer  was a service we did not offer and was $88.00 less than our actual label cost.

We are currently under negotiations with our product supplier and discussing a different selling format other than Ebay to sell our items where we can qoute an accurate and fair shipping price to our customer. We have already started removing items from Ebay due to to many other problems and are currently down on listings 30% since June 2013

We have had many suggestions from Ebay customer support and have had several agents admit a problem but they have never solved the problem.

Please use plain text.
connie333
Community Member

in reply to good_beer_junk

I quit selling on ebay back in June of 2013, it was cheaper to donate the items than lose money on all the fees.

Found a new site that no money changes hands a year ago and sticking with that.  You auction off your items for credits and with those credits you can get stuff from other members for no money.

It has been a fun alternative to ebay.  So far I have gotten tons of things 4 ipads- 6 nooks -tablets and some kitchen gadgets.

Don't know if i can put a link up or not it may be deleted :     

https://www.listia.com/signup/2808078

Please use plain text.