eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: strange eBay buyer activity

in reply to zenderpt

He bought a watch from us also. Paid immediately, but address was "undeliverable". We sent it signature required w/ insurance, and then had it sent back at our expense. During the "transaction", we spoke with Ebay and Paypal and they "understood" and promised "to take note". I asked for a $100 refund for the costs for shipping/insurance. Nothing from Ebay/Pay-pal. Do not trust this business. Ebay/Paypal don't care. I am closing my accounts at both Ebay and Paypal. Thankfully, there are better options. Sucks to get rippd off. 

zenderpt
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Thank you for your posts. 

This buyer just bought a watch from us. He asked for the same thing, the item number on the case and the tracking. So far he hasn't payed, but we won't send him the item.

Just to warn everyone, there's a guy in New Zealand that does the same thing. He bought a watch and then he filled a claim with his credit card company stating that was an unauthorized payment. Which is worse, because Paypal is disputing the claim with the credit card company...and we always loose!

I contacted the shipping comapny, because some countries we can ask for the item to be stopped in transit an returned (it's a payed service), but New Zealand doesn't have that kind of service. 

I know we cannot put their names here, but the guy is from New Zealand, he has 4 feedbacks (probably some sellers that gave them the feedback before he filled the claim),  but it's 2 names: the first starts with a J, the second with an H, and ends with 1.

I reported him, but I'm not hoping for any action from eBay.

I hope this helps

Community Member

in reply to uncle-funky

uncle-funky wrote:

Wow, ebay just altered my original message & I just got an email confirming that.  They took out the buyer's name out of my post and other iformation.   They're actually protecting him.  I rest my case.  

We have no way of knowing whether anything you're saying is true, so you don't get to run a one-sided public trial. They'd protect you too if someone made public claims against you.

uncle-funky
Community Member

in reply to moyakisia

Wow, ebay just altered my original message & I just got an email confirming that.  They took out the buyer's name out of my post and other iformation.   They're actually protecting him.  I rest my case.  

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to uncle-funky

There is another dimension to this scam. For them it's a game of numbers, and they are not going to investigate individual cases of damaged/lost/pilfered shipments. It's easier for them to slap the seller with a claim, problem solved. So chances are it's the end user who launches the hot potato, and it inevitably ends up in seller's hands.

uncle-funky
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to moyakisia

I don't think the Russians know about the new International shipping service provided by ebay yet.  No matter how the package gets there, Russia is still nutoreous for stealing goods from the package.  When re-shipps it and the recipient does not get the stuff, will file a claim with PayPal, who will put a hold on my funds and will most likely side with the buyer, because ebay/PayPal are making lots of money on this guy & will do anything to keep him happy.  I will lose my funds, PayPal won't lose a thing. So many people here saying, I can't believe PayPal won't do something. Why would they?  They don't want to part with their income.  I'm hoping this guy will never pay me & spare me the trouble. 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to sunflowersandsand

I stumbled upon them in an effort to avoid using the postal service for deliveries, because Russianpost would routinely hold packages up to 1 month in limbo, between export and import, but fortunately not anymore. As of now, priority mail gets to recepients in Russia within 2 weeks, not bad at all. And here's why it matters: their niche is sellers not willing to ship to Russia, and buyers in Russia not able to communicate in English or pay with paypal. Take away these factors, and the mail forwarders will go out of business. Until then the only thing Ebay can do without hurting their own bottomline, is to start providing similar services inhouse. Which Ebay is already doing by offering sellers no hassle international shipping.

Community Member

in reply to circa182

i am going thru the samre problom with these guys,i sold a iphone 4 to them in 100% working condition and they put a claim in saying 1-that the phone does not come with a sd port and it was described as having....lie #1,i never listed it as having a sd anything.lie #2 they said it does not work,it worked 100% fine when i shipped it.i mailed it very protected. sellers beware of these buyers....very shady

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nepawoods

FRAUD!!!

I just had this address added to my PayPal profile by ???????    The following address are fraudulent people.

I had someone who was able to access my PayPal account and add the following addresses.

I have thousands of dollars charged and shipping sent.

Community Member

We have gotten multiple orders over the last 2 years from this buyer, same here, I just googles there business name and found this thread.  Payment goes through, we ship :smileyhappy:

5col
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to forhills

This is a late response to this thread, but I just wanted to chime in here to say that we've had 6 orders from since 2012, and just received our 7th.  They typically send the automated "mark payment with auction #" email, then pay a few days after that.  I think they are slow to pay because they're waiting for payment from their customer before paying us.

We've never had a problem with them. Getting paid a few days ARO is not a hardship for us.

Just make sure you have tracking info, make sure they also have that tracking info, and make sure to write the auction number on the outside of the package.

is a valued customer for us.  This is not to take away from anyone else's problems or frustrations.

Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I don't think someone buying the exact same thing 9 days later, should be a very big red flag on its own, unless you have a number of other reasons to be suspicious. I've bought the same thing from some sellers many times, and others from me, with no problems. There are many valid reasons people do that. You have too avoid being over suspicious as well, becuse it can cause even more problems. That seems to be a big issue with a lot of both buyers, and sellers here. Just think about how you would react on either end, if it feels like somone is accusing you of something for now obvious reason, when you really do have a calid problem, and how you may start to react.

Dpending on the item, value and address it's going to. When I am suspicious, I usually prefer to use Fedex or UPS, as there are e too many places in the shipping chain where USPS is unaccountable for, and even they have a way to look into something, they say they cannot, whereas UPS & Fedex have a much better process, and it's easier to file a claim with them.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to eliteautomobile

I just sold him a $1000 item and am worried about selling it to him. If I ship insured and require a signature, am I safe?

eliteautomobile
Community Member

in reply to johnmajor1

nothing wrong with remailers they are just buyers for others and ship it to them for a fee. I see this from time to time on classice auto parts.

gfos2759
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods
I'm a seller and always leave feedback but only receive it about half the time. I guess that's just the way it is.
inletscreenprinting2012
Community Member

in reply to romankatz

This buyer just bought an item from me on 11/27 and yesterday ordered the same exact item from me....9 days later.... Immediet red flag! I have requested to cancel this transaction and blocked them from buying from me again. Am I going to be out of the first purchase they made? Any advice on how to handle this if they try to get a refund from pay pal?...would like to be prepaired. 

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nepawoods

My item ($1300 watch) just got bout by this guy. I was  curious and checked who is the buyer with such a high rating.

Google forwarded me to this forum. Same scenario with requesting tracking numbre and no t paying for the item.

Right away I have reported to the EBay and requested cancelation of the transaction. 

Trust should be protected and any shady practices stopped.

Community Member

in reply to crazy*people*type*in*caps
yea and its people like you that would leave a bad feedback thats screwing all us sellers hence your name
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to nepawoods

There is a company supposedly  buying all sort of items and shipping them to addresses that have deceived people to provide under the pretence of paying them as shipping agents.  

aurora-liquidation
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I have the same buyer & noticed the same thing. Im waiting for payment as well. I no longer ship international because of  buyers not paying custom fees & then reporting the item through paypal as INR. A CHANGE NEEDS TO HAPPEN. We as sellers need to be protected by paypal & ebay when cases are opened for items that were sent to another country & the buyer refuses to pay customs,leaves the package to be sent back to sender & then opens a INR case. The buyer also through ebay messages asked for $50 to cover some of the costs....against policy however they didnt open an ebay case...instead a paypal case & Im on my own trying to win this case. Np product back yet & return receipt is not either. My $479 Mammut jacket is who knows where & who knows if I will get it back ever or win this case. I have looked into Global Shipping however sellers should have the protection they need without loop holes if they know how to ship & are willing to take on the burden. Just give us the protection we need whe it comes to customs...they refuse to pay...then they need to ship the package back with tracking just like I did to them or they do not win the case without proof. I have proof of shipment,purchase of insurance & return receipt which is susposed to work like signature confirmation...buyer has to sign to get package. However that won't work if buyer refuses to pay customs. Sorry for the rant...