eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

strange eBay buyer activity

[ Edited ]

I recently sold a pair of stereo speakers at a price higher than I'd hoped for, got paid, left positive feedback, but never got any in return.  Then I noticed the buyer's feedback (as a buyer) - all positive, for literally hundreds of items of all kinds per day.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: strange eBay buyer activity

in reply to nepawoods

You got paid and the item sold for more than you anticipated.

Be Happy. :-)

If I was the buyer and saw this thread I would be tempted to leave you feedback you won't like.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I don't mean to suggest anything negative, I'm just curious.  It has to be a business, I would think (or a wealthy individual with a buying disorder, lol), but I can't imagine being able to resell these things for more.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

zappeastusa4 is obviously a US-based remailer. They bid/pay on behalf of international buyers and then forward the items.

--David

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I know it's tough for some people to realize, but there are very large companies buying thousands of items a week on Ebay, and shipping them in large quantities to Europe, Asia, Etc for resell. There are also some people with A LOT of money who like to spend it. Just be happy you got more than you wanted.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Purchased over 24,000 items in last six months, yet has only left six (6) feedbacks as a buyer.  Wow!  Must be too busy buying more stuff on ebay...lol

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

They don't leave Feedback because they want to stay Private. If they leave Feedback...then someone might be watching them.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I just did a Google search re: 'zappeastusa4' and found your post.

I just sold a lighter to the buyer in question: 'zappeastusa4', a lighter made by Brunton that had stopped being produced/made 5 years ago.

I am a seller with 10 yrs under my belt and can definitely agree that the buyer in question is a "US-based re-mailer", most likely Japanese.

Many Japan based buyers use a "Japanese US based" re-mailer because 1. many sellers won't ship outside the U.S. and 2. the "re-mailer" charges them less for shipping back to Japan.

For some reason, Japanese bidders have more money than God to spend on Ebay auctions.

I have sold several highly sought after 'Tumi T-Tech' bags (models no longer made) over the last 12-17 months... all bought by a Japanese "US-based re-mailer".

A tell tale sign they are re-mailers.... they ask you to "write the auction # on the outside of the box" when you ship it to them.

Re: the feed-backs (hundreds) you noticed... all most likely left by bots, that's why they are all positives.

A prosperous holiday season to all my fellow sellers!

Best regards and wishes from N.Y.C.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Member since: Nov-27-10 in United StatesThen I noticed the buyer's feedback (as a buyer) - all positive, for literally hundreds of items of all kinds per day. 

Re: the feed-backs (hundreds) you noticed... all most likely left by bots, that's why they are all positives.

"Only buyer" ID's can only receive postives - whether from bots or air breathing humans. No "buyer only" ID registered after spring of  '08 will ever show a neutral or neg.

zappeastusa4 = Member since: Nov-27-10 in United States

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Please use plain text.
class-axe
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Hey, waiting for payment from said buyer in question but I too thought it odd they bought my item at average selling price, have 0 feedback as a seller yet 5 digit feedback as buyer. Not knocking it or them but I too was curious enough to Google their user name and it brought me here!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I sold an item on auction to him(whatever ) on feb. 7,2013. The selling price seemed high to me.

I immediately got what looked like a form letter asking me to put the item number on the package. That was the last I heard from them. No payment, although I have sent a couple of e-mails and no response back. That is why I googled the name and found this site.

I find it all very strange and wonder if I will get paid or stiffed.

Please use plain text.
emblems!
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering about one of my semi-frequent buyers and googled the ID and found this conversation. 

I am a little surprised to see that people have had difficulties with these "resellers".  I have 2 that buy from me pretty frequently and I have never had a problem.  In fact, I have had many more problems selling directly to other countries!  Things have been "lost" in Germany, Turkey, Brazil and even Canada! As a result, I have recently restricted many of the places I ship to now.  I hate to completely restrict to only USA because a good 10-20% of my business is overseas.

So, if resellers are willing to buy my stuff at my price AND take all the hassle out of shipping overseas,  I have no problem with that! 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I'm currently waiting for payment from this user. I've done some research, and they are a Russian-based re-shipper based in Foxboro, MA. They also operate under the names zappeast2 and zappeast 3, and I imagine many more. My item sold at BIN price very quickly, but that was two days ago and I have not received payment. They have an incredibly high feedback rating, but because ebay does not allow sellers to leave negative feedback any longer, we sellers have no way to weed out people like this before we get drawn into a transaction with them. Now I'm sitting on a $200 item, really needing the money, and it appears they've had non-payment issues in the past (based on the statements above). I imagine that once ebay catches up to them about non-payment, they move on to the next zappeastusa numbered account. Wonderful.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Just wanted to update this. I actually received payment from this buyer overnight last night, then he immediately "reversed" it and got his money back. All of this happened while I was sleeping, and now I see two transactions in my Paypal acct: his incoming payment, and his outgoing reversal. I have been using Paypal for 10 years, and I had no idea that you could send someone money, then immediately get it back. What's odd is that I only got one email...for the payment, and after seeing it, I actually intended to drive to UPS and ship the item this morning. Thankfully I checked my paypal account and saw the reversal. In Paypal, when I click the reversal, it says "Subject:You have sent $188.85 USD to ZAPP-EAST LLC with PayPal"...but I did no such thing. Somehow, he reversed it on his end. This guy is a clown. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

The buyer zаppeаstusа4 bought me earrings, but payment is not made.
Sent letter, in which requests on the external side of box to specify the number of item.

The letter is not responding. What do I do? I don't know.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

I recently sold this person a 80+ record. 3 weeks after I sent it out they said they never got it. So I found my receipt of shipment with tracking # stating it had been received 10 days before they sent the message saying never received and I then sent about four-five additional messages asking if they found it yet and then finally I gave them the tracking info and #, said if I can help them in any way to let me know and I thought that's be the end. Its was just the start.

A week after my last message they filed a Paypal claim stating item not received. I had the 83 a zapped from my act and so I called Paypal and told them my story, provided the tracking info and they closed the case and awarded me back my money. To be fair and because I do want all the people that buy from me to be happy, I again message them after I won their claim and said that I'm still willing to help in any way if I can and I do want them to get what they paid for. The next day, without and message back to me, they filed an appeal now stating that the item was different than what they purchased. So their story changed. 

At that point I messaged them again and said if that's truely the case then I will locate another copy and if I can find one, buy it and send it out to them that I would do so. Now mind you, Im sure I sent the first one out and if there was a mix up I would have heard from two buyers, not just them, but I didn't care and I wanted to make them happy. The next day I checkEd with a supplier who had another like copy and I bought it. I messaged them again and they responded saying that they wanted the tracking number once it was shipped. So mailed it out and gave them the tracking info. And I asked that they now close the case or at the very least they need to update Paypal with the current info. They didn't respond. I asked again two days later. They didn't respond.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

Long story not so short, they never closed the claim and and never respondEd back to my several requests that they do so. Finally I callEd Paypal and I told an agent what had happened and they told me that i went over and above what was needed and that they'd make sure I get my first item from them and that would end tHe case. 

A week later I get an email from PaypaL, two days after receiving a lp from them I never sent, saying that the buyer has been awarded $83 and that I had lost the appeal. The email also claimed that they had carefully looked at all the details to come to this decision. Total BS by both ZappAss and Paypal, which should really be called Buyerpal. 

Now I'm out two copies and my 83 plus I drove 80 miles round trip to buy the second copy that I got for them all to make them a happy customer. Now I have myself filed an appeal and I have to hope that I actually get an employee at Paypal that does their job so that I can at lease get part of my losses back. 

Of course I've messaged Zappeastuss4 many more times asking them to do the right thing but I never got a response. Big surprise !

they are frauds!!!!

stay away and block them from your auctions. 

Please use plain text.
johnrj1226
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

If youwish to increase for feedback comments contact your buyer vai eBay messageadn simply state soemthink like - thsi is jsut a follow up on yoru recent purchase from me adn i trust yu wer pleased with you purchase if so i would appreciate your positve feedback.  If there is are issues you 9teh buyer0 woudl liek to discuss plese fee free to contact me.  I have done that and i get a few more feedback from buyers.  itI does leave you open to critism but I have never had someone blast me yet - those folks that have an issue will let you know right away. I estimate as a seller I get feedback on ~1/3 of the items you sell - kinda' like leaving a voice mail message no one seems to return those either.  But I always leave feedback on 99.9% of the buyers.  .1% of those troublesome buyers get  zip.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

circa 182

I too am currently dealing with this buyer. They bought a BIN at full price almost immediately after I listed it and instantly I got the "put the item # on the box" message from them. After reading your post I did some detective work and found that they have numerous complaints at the BBB under their company name of Zapp-East LLC (this is the name paypal has for them).

Here's a link to the BBB site: http://www.bbb.org/boston/Business-Reviews/shipping-room-supplies/zapp-east-llc-in-medfield-ma-13061...

It seems their customers are paying them to buy the items on ebay and at other places, but the customers are not getting the merchandise and filing complaints at the BBB to which this scammer never replies. The BBB has now listed them as a NOT accredited business which is a big slap in the face.

My take is that when this bidder files an item not received or not as described they are keeping the refund they get and then ignoring their customers who never get the item or the refund. Just read their complaints and see if that's not what you get out of it.

I immediately reported all this and the link to ebay and put in a dispute to cancel the auction telling ebay I will not sell to this buyer for the above stated reasons. I have not had a response from the buyer to the dispute and of course no payment. From the looks of their track record, the dispute will go unanswered and I can close it when the time is up and get my FVF back.

I have blocked this bidder and if any of you take the time to read the above link, you will most likely decide to do the same.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nepawoods

We had some similar problems with this buyer.

They purchased a high value product and paid through Paypal. As it was high value we used Fedex with direct signature.

Of course they always use obscure Russian names or ZappEast1, 2, 3, 4 and so forth

5 weeks later they filed a claim with Paypal that the shipment was empty. Strange because it was 2lbs and Fedex had a signature. Just enough time for it to have been to shipped to Russia and been waylaid or stolen!

However as usual with Paypal and in spite of proof from Fedex and the length of time they took to file a claim they got reimbursed.

So we decided to block them from buying from us. Did you know they have 1000's of accounts? So many our Ebay rep could not block them all. They use Russian names if you block ZappEast1, 2, 3 etc

We have lots of unique products and I suppose once a week they try to make a buy which we promptly refund the money with a firm note not to bother trying to buy from us.

As an aside both the USPS and Fedex have ongoing enquiries running and probably law enforcement so dont be slow is reporting any abnormalities.

Both Ebay and Paypal fraud reports went unanswered but then again why would they, they are making piles of money from them.

One wonders if ZappEast is a Russian Ebay affiliate?  

Please use plain text.