eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: "Streamline returns with our new returns process" - eBay Inc

in reply to barrheadstore

barrheadstore wrote:

Hi I agree buy eBay advertising if item not received will get refunded in full is tracking customers to abuse the system......

I would disagree with you if only I could understand you -- and if your premise were true.  Alas it is not.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: "Streamline returns with our new returns process" - ebay inc

in reply to dna.toys

AFAIK this applies only in the US.  AFAIK very few sellers in the US use GBP as their currency preference.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dna.toys

dna.toys wrote:

Ebay advertising the fact that any items not received will be refunded in full is ludacris in my mind..

I think that the word you searched for unsuccessfully is ludicrous.  ludacris is a rapper.  OTOH, do you care to let us know where in the streamlined process it says that buyers can get a full refund for unreceived items?  AFAIK, that's kind of always been the policy unless the seller can show delivery.  (IE online tracking that shows delivered).  Are you telling me that you think proof of delivery is no longer a defense to INR?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gumballsandmore

Looking at this....http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

If the color is off by smidge, if they decide it doesnt match their decor, the item purchased them looks at them funny, etc etc etc it can be returned with no questions asked! So the seller takes it off the market, worry about negative feedback, the item has more chance of being broke while in possection of buyer or on its way back and the buyer can also leave negative feedback!  Why is this???

I realized recently found lately

selling to "0" feedback buyers ...  there used to be a button that said you wont sell to anyone that had low or any feedback or transactions. their answer was these buyers had to start somewhere! gggrrrrr!!!!

Feedback- if someone threatens you with feedback extortion... they WILL NOT delete the feedback. If you fight and fight and fight about it... they will delete the feedback comment only! Not the feedback itself which does NOTHING! WOW!!!

International shipping- If i understood this right as i called a few times to make sure... Example, I charge $30. 00 for an item to be shipped to say California... But it goes overseas! For $30. i only have to ship this from Ohio across the border into the next state, Kentucky and make a profit! Seems like that would benefit the seller for a change! I'm not so sure of it... Along with my shipping, Ebay charges international shipping to the buyer also and the buyer knows this. Unknown on what they charge but if ebay charges to make money on the shipping along with my shipping.... who would want to buy it with all the shipping charges????

Again... as if i havent already been ripped off by their rules, They present more rules that makes me very hesitant to sell on EBAY!

:-(

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to barrheadstore

If i havent been ripped off enough by ebay/buyers in the past......  .... :-(

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dna.toys

Hi I agree buy eBay advertising if item not received will get refunded in full is tracking customers to abuse the system, out of 100 items posted out 20 customers will turn out and say haven't received their delivery. EBay is not doing enough for sellers,taking monthly fees is all they care about don't understand sellers are loosing out instead of making money.

Should work together  with royal mail and help to investigate cheats on line , can't track all orders as it is not worth it costs you more than the item purchased....

I THING THERE IS NOT MANY CUSTOMERS ON LINE WHICH ARE HONEST THEY ARE AT IT SHOULDN'T GET AWAY WITH IT

hope eBay makes this a safer place for sellers and understand

Please use plain text.
dna.toys
Community Member

in reply to got-water-8

Ebay advertising the fact that any items not received will be refunded in full is ludacris in my mind... it just opens the system to be abused...

If ebay keep count of how many times buyers report an item not being received and actually give sellers a heads-up to use a recorded delivery service if a particular user has lots of items "lost" in the post would be a step in the right direction, however dodgy users can just open new accounts to get "free" stuff anytime they like...  madness!  

I've been down the route of sending everything recorded post and at 75p a go, a 100 items a day costs £75 & with my average sale costing between £7-£10 it doesn't add up... it's cheaper to take a chance with standard 1st/2nd class post and letting people claim 3-4 items vs charging honest customers more and taking less sales!

ebay seems to be only intersted in pleasing buyers & taking our fees.  

Here is an idea... why don't ebay use their massive buying power and open up a competitive tracked postal system for sellers to use - something like linnworks/bright pearl using Royal Mail £3 for upto 15kg packages sounds good to me... the customers benefit from tracked deliveries and sellers benefit too from reduced rates and easy use...

I don't think there is enough being done for sellers... I live in hope that things change soon!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to got-water-8

yep, opt in and we'll decide how much to refund buyer and let them keep your item....NO THANX

Ignorance is bliss
Please use plain text.
got-water-8
Community Member

"Streamline returns with our new returns process" - ebay inc

hehehehe.....ebay management are doing doses and tripping again

Please use plain text.