eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Chat

due to a glitch in E-bay system I wound up winning two pairs of tix, but could only afford to buy one pair. On Fri eve 12/12 I made a low ball offer on a pair of tickets to Colts Texans game on12/14. THe BIN price was $250 and I bid $150. THis offer was submitted at 9:37P EST. At 9:48 I got notice that my offer to thugnbug had expired, but said I could still pay BIN price of $250, not wanting to pay that price I looked for another pair on Ebay. At this point I bid on a different pair of tickets w/ a max bid of $110. Then at 9:58 I get notice that my best offer of $150 (which I was notified 10 min before had exp'd) was actually accepted and I had to pay the agreed upon price. I tried to get out of it but thugnbug said I was bound to agreement. I paid $150 to thugnbug. I tried to retract my other bid but Ebay said too late. So I waited and hoped I would get outbid on this other pair of tix that I bid on in the interim. But the next day it turn out I won the other pair. I cannot afford to pay for another pair. Wife has me on short spending leash as she is out of work. So I quickly notify other seller that I cannot pay b/c due to some Ebay glitch I got stuck with two pairs of tix. It was still they day before the game so I was hoping he could unload. why was thugnbug allowed to accept a bid after it had expired?!?! if you would like I could try to send e-mail timeline. Ebay should not allow offers to be accepted after bid expired b/c this has created a large mess. I am a good E-bayer look at my history I am not a deadbeat. thx for any help...Jim H- aka thefullwagon

eBay Chat discussion

Jan 28, 2015 7:51:06 PM PT

ebay allowed expired offer to be accepted

i have a total nightmare buyer

a buyer bought 5 cards from me i said in my listing i'd combine postage so buyer was now paying £3.50 instead of £7.50.no matter how i explained it to them i was in the wrong "that isn't combined postage thats just a discount" he was so aggressive.

after 2 aggressive replies from the buyer i gave him the choice to pay or don't i refused to argue with him anymore he evetually paid.

i double checked all items where there before posting as he sounded like he was gonna be problematic.

i went on ebay 4 days after posting he's opened 1 item not received cases.i told the buyer i had double checked the items before posting so knew for a fact he had recived them he replied in such a cocky manner saying "prove it".I gave him the refund it was a small price to pay to be rid of mr grumpy.

2 days later he opened item not recived on the other 4 cards,this is where it gets interesting i rang ebay they said they buyer had contacted them saying 4 out of 5 where fake.

which proved he was lying about not receiving them cos how could he say they where fake if he hadn't recived them.so ebay instantly closed all 5 cases in my favour.

i brethed a sigh of relief i thought the nightmare was over less than an hour later he now opened 5 item not as described cases which now contridicts the fact he told ebay 4 out of 5 where fake.

he's a pathetic lier he contridicts everything he says dropping himself in it.

of course if he wins the case and has to send them back how can he if he never received them hmm

ebay told me to leave the cases and appeal as we have a good case against him

even the lady on the phone from ebay said they "hate buyers like him" which cheered me up a little

now waiting mr grumpys case to end so i can appeal

i do have the bad feeling this won't be the end of it

he has 100% feedback but ever page he has a negative or moderate one feedback said he once made abusive phonecall to buyer which shows his true colours lol.

I know for a fact he's doing this just over postage he's so rude and aggressive.

i thought it would be impossible to open 2 different cases on the same item apparently not

eBay Chat discussion

Jan 29, 2015 7:51:14 AM PT

my nightmare buyer story

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 8 24
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 19 19
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 140 180
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 27 20
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 117 80