eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Chat

Living in Greece, I asked the seller if he/she would ship here,  He/she said no problem.  I won the auction and asked for an invoice including postage so I could pay.  He/she did not reply and then cancelled the sale giving no reason.  He/she relisted the item for 3 times the price at which the auction had closed.

He/she finally answered to my mails and told me he/she decided not to ship to Greece after all.  I told him/her I would provide a UK address and to remove the new listing.  He/she refused without giving a reason.

I tried to report the relisted item and there is no category to select that fits.  I cannot open a case against the seller because the item has disappeared fro by purchases.

The seller has failed to honour our contract.  What can I do?

eBay Chat discussion

Jun 26, 2016 12:20:46 PM PT

Seller withdrew sold item

Ebay's assurance that their customers can have "complete confidence in the eBay Money Back Guarantee" is a load of horse puckey.

On April 10th, 2016, I ordered a dvd set (tv series), using my debit card to pay. It arrived 5 days later but was scratched and would not play. I called eBay - they apologized, told me to contact the vendor, and if there were any problems with the vendor, I was to call eBay again.

I contacted the vendor, using the only venue they offer- email. They responded quickly, providing me with a return label, and assuring me that I would have my refund within 6 days of recieving the package. I shipped the package (2 day priority), back to the vendor on April 16th.

I am trying to make this review shorter than my horrible experence with eBay has been. I have called them 7 TIMES!

That is not including 3 e-mails to the vendor and one call to PayPal. On April 28th I recieved 2 e-mails, one from the seller, and one from eBay, both assuring me that a refund was being made to the purchasing debit card ending in numbers xxxx. I gave it 4 days (even though there is never a hold at my bank), called my bank who told me there were no pending deposits or returns, and then called eBay AGAIN.

No matter who you talk to, you get the same bored, under-trained reps, reading from a script that desperately needs revised. If you ask to speak to someone in the resolution department, they either fumblingly tell you they ARE from that department, or they pass you to the rep in the next cubicle..."Hey Joe, will you handle this customer for me?"

EVERY rep tells me they understand my frustration. EVERY TIME, they give me another excuse for why it seems to have gotten messed up. After a million questions, I am assured EVERY TIME that my money will be refunded, but that it will take 3 to 5 days. EVERY TIME, they tell me to call back if I don't recieve the refund. And EVERY SINGLE TIME, they have the audacity to "Thank me for calling eBay"!

I am resubmitting this review on June 28th, 2016. I have never recieved my refund. I have been ripped off for a measley $43.90 by a company that advertises a "guaranteed customer refund"! Maybe they're going broke and need it more than I do.

(If even one person decides to think twice before using eBay, I will feel vindicated.)

EX eBay user,

Chen 7702

eBay Chat discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 198 230
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 319 262
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 147 83
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 775 308
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 45 69