eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Chat

Im sure it is against eBay policy but i noticed something fishy on a wedding dress im bidding one. The auction ends in one day and a few hours. No bids till today. In fact i am the only bidder since now, then someone buyer name blocked: s.....o(0) bid five times to finally outbid me. I looked at the feedback of the seller, clicked on the items they had sold that were also auctions. SAME BIDDER bids and jacks up the price so they can make more money. Same buyer id letters! So im not the only one, and they have been doing this for a while now.

Now im mad because i could have gotten the dress for $99 IF someone did not outbid me to my MAX bid of $130 my absolute max! Is this fair??!! Who could do something about this?!

It would be nice if eBay could RETRACT the bids of this person's obvious second account so i could get my item at the FAIR price!

eBay Chat discussion

I am concerned about the slowing of my eBay store.  I have 100% positive feedback, but activity has slowed tremendously.  I have read elsewheres that Google is not promoting eBay items anymore...unless you go through Google. - Not possitive that this is accurate, but it appears to be true.  I have done searches for my items on google and they do not show up.

So, I tried the cheaper version of Google Adwords - Adwords Express.  The guy convinced me to set up $100 a day budget.  The special is after you spend your 1st $25, you get a $100 coupon to use towards the rest of your bill.  So, I thought I would try it.   I had already heard of them going over your daily budgets if you haven't reached your monthly budget...so I watched it closely for 1hr.  

Well.....It went over my daily budget in 1 hour and it kept billing me for more clicks.  I shut it down.  I knew I couldn't afford $100 a day, only making $2500-$4000 a month on eBay.  The good news is you can shut it off manually.  Bad news...if someone doesn't understand that it can spend their suggested monthly budget in about one day...they could be devistated...  The high $100 budget is suggested - because the higher your budget is set...the higher you are on the list to be promoted on a page...I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know what they are getting into and tries this.  I just want to let you know. 

Also I searched for my items when I had adwords express and found them...after it was gone - says can't find any matching item, or pulled up someone elses - mine was nowhere to be found.

I hope this is helpful.  If we are not getting this service anymore and are expecting it...shouldn't our fees be lowered now.  

eBay Chat discussion

How can I get more views for the items I list? I list very popular name brand clothes that when I go to buy the exact same brand there are 10-20 bids yet when I list the same thing I only get 7 views. I have an american girl doll on here and it gets like 13 views and no bids and has been relisted about 10 times. But when I try to buy the exact same quality doll I'm competing with so many bidders its insane. Please help if you can I would love to sell my stuff.

eBay Chat discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 18 17
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 3 17
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 10 29
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 0 23
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 2 10
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 8