eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Chat

Hello, I make a purchase with eBay Bucks and seller I realized that there was damage to the equipment seller returned my money where I get the money back? and for several day from the day 6/10/2014 I would like to help me with this problem thanks

eBay Chat discussion

Oct 23, 2014 6:31:36 AM PT

eBay Bucks refund

Non-Hassle-Free Returns (guest accounts or customers simply choosing not to use eBay Returns):  I noticed that in order to receive a refund of the Final Value Fees, eBay is now requiring that sellers refund the original shipping charges even in cases of buyer's remorse.  This differs from the standards set with Hassle-Free Returns, where sellers are not obliged to refund shipping charges in cases of buyer's remorse.  Under the new system, sellers do not have an option to refund shipping when a Cancel Transaction Request is sent.  This is also true in cases where the seller offers expedited shipping services.  Example:  A customer orders a size Small jacket as a gift and selects Next Day Shipping for an addtional $50.00, so the item is received in time for their event.  The item is listed correctly, picked and shipped correclty.  The customer receives the item , but realizes the item purchased is too Small for the recipient.  Little Joey grew a lot in the last year.  :smileyhappy:  If they are a guest, or they do not use Hassle-Free Returns, the only way the seller can recover the Final Value Fees is by refunding the item and the $50.00 shipping charge.  The sellers other option is to refund the customer directly for the item, and not send a CTR for the Final Value Fees (eBay won't refund this unless the shipping charge is refunded as well).  Questons:  Why would a buyer use Hassle-Free Returns, if eBay will force additional refunds from sellers for buyer's remorse returns?  Why is this different from the standards set in Hassle-Free Returns?  Why aren't sellers able to recover the selling fees in all cases where a buyer's remorse item is refunded in full?  Very confusing.  

eBay Chat discussion

eBay Chat discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 114 61
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 0