eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

eBay Chat

I sold an item recently that was brand new but clearly in an open container.  It was listed as "new other" and I gave a few good, close up photos.  The seller opened a case in the resolution center, claiming the item was used and that he wanted a full refund with me covering all shipping.  The only thing he said was that the item was not new.  I provided close up photos of the item.  It was liosted as no-return because I know how fickle and sometimes even dishonest buyers have become.  The buyer was rude and even somewhat of a bully in his communication with me.  I provided a solid case, yet eBay is forcing me to give him a full refund.  No explanation whatsoever was offered as to HOW or WHY they reached this decision, which is criminal on their part.  (I know I'm exaggerating with the word "criminal," but it certainly is very unprofessional.)  My questions:

1) Whom do I contact to find out the logic behind this ruling?  It's obvious no process took place.

2) What course of action do I take if the buyer returns the item back damaged or replaced with a defective unit?  This guy was such a jerk the way he talked to me, I know he is going to do something like that.

Honestly, after this experience, I will probably stop selling on eBay.  As a buyer, it's nice to have some protection against fraud, but as a seller, it looks like eBay has no hesitation to screw you over with no just cause and due process.

eBay Chat discussion

New Message
Subject Author Kudos Replies Latest Post
This is a topic with new unread messages 1 5
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 51 126
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 16 20
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 1
This is a topic with new unread messages 0 2
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 152 156
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 57 120
This is a popular topic with new unread messages 6 10