eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: USPS INTERNATIONAL TRACKING LK NUMBERS

in reply to rachel-faye
Hello guys. I'm from greece and I've bought things from eBay more than a hundred times. I always try to get the goods send with usps first class. But so far I've never lost a package. . I don't know why maybe our custom guys are good. Lol. Anyway reading all this I now understand why a lot of ebayers don't send with first class. .
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jason_m

Thanks for those links.

I'm afraid my latest one was never even scanned.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to letino81
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

Does anyone know anything about a tracking number starting with, LNXXXXXXXXXCN? All I know is that the seller says he used USPS. I cant seem to track that package through USPS in any way. Im currently deployed and would like to alleviate some concerns with this package and possibly even the seller. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
tantty10t
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye
I am a buyer and from my experience, sometimes I feel that the seller is cheating me, I always ask for Priority international mail, most of the time I get tracking number starting with "Lx" and my local post office will inform me they are unable to track as this is only a customs reference in the States, when I inform the seller, they will claim that this is what was given by USPS??!! So meaning USPS staff does to know their own product? Nowadays I will inform the seller that the tracking number must start with a "Cx", I even have a snap shot of the tracking number sample from USPS to ensure here is no "misunderstanding". So I guess it goes both ways on the cheating.....
Please use plain text.
mexican_textiles
Community Member

in reply to ai_marketing

Or we could try the new screw the vendo International shipping  and return policy , my first shipment was returned with a bogus "reason" by the buyer and the Ebay charges where more than the worth of the good.... so combine EBAY and USPS    good luck!

I simply put a buyer beware and offer Priority internation also which is somewhat more certain.

ref

Please use plain text.
twblocker
Community Member

in reply to tat2stave

So I guess this says China Post is able offer better customer service than USPS ? At $6.16 (avg. through Ebay) the USPS should at least scan the parcel for acceptance !  Comments on this issue, Ebay ?

Please use plain text.
johnrj1226
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

The delivery confirmation number is only required to be scanned at the time of acceptance & delivery all the in between movement from one sort facility to another are termed "Courtesy".  In the case of international shipments you will get a scan  the dated, time 7 place teh package left the US or US protectrate - there are no other USPS facilities out side the US tomake any further scan - same similar whe nshippin to an APO/FPO address - military personnel stationed out of teh country have their items sent to an APO/FPO office - then the military unit deliveries to he person stationed out side of the US.

You can get delivery confirmation to the buyers address in a foreign country via UPS & FedEX &DHL(if they are still around - I don't ship outside of the US too many issues plus Customs can be a problem) - but it is very cost prohibitive. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

I am sorry that your package was lost or stolen.  The only safe way to ship internationally is with Express Mail and that is not practical for cheaper items.  I ship a lot out of the country, but I sell expensive high end items and always require Express Mail.  I have it stated clearly in all of my auctions and use the shipping calculator so that bidders can see what shipping will cost to their specific country.  However having said that, it really is only an option with an expensive item. 

I do get lots of request to lower my shipping and I just say, "No, thank you for the interest in my item, but no.

I do get called names occasionally, but for the most part people say they understand.  There are some that are very persistent and I'm always suspicious of them.  LOL

A lot of water under the bridge. A lot of other stuff too.
Don't get up gentlemen, I'm only passing through. B. Dylan
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

I sent a package to Ukraine using the LK tracking.  I do not ever mail international but my cousin asked me to sell her phone for her and I let her set up the specifications.  Now the lady is saying she never received the phone, my cousin has the money and I am stuck with the situation.  Is there ANY way to track this package at all?  PLEASE help.

Please use plain text.
smntoys
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

After selling Internationally since 1998, we stopped shipping last year because of the scamming. Unfortunately this is one of the biggest areas affected by not have negative feedback available for sellers to warn others in advance.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

Parcels out of china with tracking numbers LK*********CN can be tracked at:

http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

Hi everybody, I got my item starting LKXXXXXUS it was with signature would someone explain thta how ı can ask same shipping method for my neext order its ok ı know it s usps first class mail int. but specific thing s must start with LK not LJ or LN , LC best one LK pls inform me 

thanks

Please use plain text.
got-water-8
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

Nope it is just a custom's number. Unless you pay for the extremely over priced cost of Priority international mail, numbers starting with CJ then they will not scan or track it for you. And even then once it is in the outher counrty's postal service hands they don't always scan it either. International is a real crap shoot and the customer's know it. So they take advantage of eBay's side with buyers/screw the sellers policy and file fraudilent claims of non delivery which cost us hundreds of $'s

Right on ! Bullseye !

Add to that: Customs in other countries see a USA return address and they damage or steal it.

Then like you said, the buyer puts the wood to America.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rachel-faye

Nope it is just a custom's number. Unless you pay for the extremely over priced cost of Priority international mail, numbers starting with CJ then they will not scan or track it for you. And even then once it is in the outher counrty's postal service hands they don't always scan it either. International is a real crap shoot and the customer's know it. So they take advantage of eBay's side with buyers/screw the sellers policy and file fraudilent claims of non delivery which cost us hundreds of $'s

Please use plain text.
Community Member

USPS INTERNATIONAL TRACKING LK NUMBERS

Good Morning,  Just thought I would share the news from our friendly USPS. When paying for and shipping a package via Ebay for international packages you are given a "tracking number".   This number in my case starts with "LK" .(Do they always start with that?)    According to USPS this number does not HAVE to be scanned but is sometimes as a "COURTESY".

Whats the point then ???  Now I have shipped a package to Japan and have no proof I ever sent it !!!  Great !! I am soooooooo not happy

Please use plain text.