eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

rareufovideos
Community Member

Re: Stop unfair feedback from unreasonable eBay buyers - Petition

in reply to sugarroll

The new feedback system really sucks!

I have been a power seller for 8 years.

New system came in, now I am below standard!!!

Only 1 negative feedback in 8 years.

Account is now limited, funds being held for 4 weeks, limited listings of 20 per week, lower search ranking.

You can only show your protest by leaving ebay.

Move to amazon. Much friendlier, and no negative feedback issues.

Please use plain text.
blessingenterprises
Community Member

Re: Stop unfair feedback from unreasonable ebay buyers

in reply to sirpugsalot
Yes, this is what I think is going on, too. In my case the item had a bad battery -- I had no idea I was responsible for a battery -- but had the buyer given me the chance would have gladly sent him $5 for a battery. Instead he got all hostile and dug his heels in and just went ahead and left me negative feedback and then when you complain to eBay they tell you to go back to the buyer and request that the feedback be changed == they need to remove the neg feedback and not put buyers in a position to fight it out. Very disappointed with this service after 15 years of supporting them.
Please use plain text.
blessingenterprises
Community Member

Re: Stop unfair feedback from unreasonable ebay buyers -

in reply to sruvio98

Speaking to the choir here -- I am so sick of eBay corporate taking such a lack position on buyers leaving feedback and issuing claims. This is the second time in 15 years that I've had this issue and it is just recently become an issue or me - but was told first that yes, this feedback needs to be removed based on the situation and then when you escalate they want me to go back to the buyer to see if they will remove feedback -- putting me back into an argument with the seller. eBay is a piece of **bleep** and I'm tired of being put upon and losing time and money from this terrible service. I have over 1000 items to list and decided to just let the 30 items I have there currently run out. I'm tired of dealing with mean buyers who think that whatever they have in their tiny brains is gospel.  This is strike 2 for eBay for me and their lack of support for my issue. 

Please use plain text.
sruvio98
Community Member

in reply to blessedbdesigns

I HAVE HAD AT LEAST 3 BUYERS IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS WHO HAVE LEFT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT BENEFIT I GET FROM LYING ABOUT AN ITEM I LISTED. PEOPLE IN THE PAST HAVE SAID THEY HAVE NEVER RECEIVED AN ITEM OR ITEM WAS USED OR DAMAGED. I AM NOT IN THE BUSINESS OF PISSING PEOPLE OFF OR RECEIVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. 

I HAVE CONTACTED EBAYS CUSTOMER SUPPORT IN THE PAST IN REGARDS TO THE SCAM ARTIST BUYERS AND IT HAS BEEN A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, NOTHING THEY CAN DO, VERY FRUSTRATING. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to blessedbdesigns

This is for blessedbdesigns.

I opened up five of your bag listings that had sold. Not one did you give the dimensions of the bag, left to right, top to bottom and front to back. Nor do you write out condition or indicate anything that is wrong with the item like pen marks on the lining. According to ebay on how to be a good seller, your listing should be so detailed, that the buyer would know exactly what they are receving if you did not post one single picture with the listing. Your's are kind of short on facts.

Go to the SITE MAP at the bottom on  any ebay page and open that and go to selling activitive and Seller Resources in the middle of the page. Go through all those topics and you will get some tips on selling.

I would suggest you start taking returns. Write it out in your listing that you do, and seller pays return shipping. Have you been posting tracking numbers with your sales? That is the only reason I can see that your buyer gave you a negative. Check the tracking numbers of your sales after you have shipped so the buyer isn't coming to you complaining 11 days later saying the item has never arrived. Also check tracking on your sales after you have shipped to make sure the package is going where it is suppose to be going and on time. Better that you bring a problem to the buyers attention rather than the other way around.

Finally go to your My ebay page to Account on the left side of the page at the top. Scroll down to Site Preferences and go down that list and create your own preferences especially with the BUYER REQUIREMENTS SECTION. You can elinimate some headaches in that area.

Please use plain text.
blessedbdesigns
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ownedandloved

After going around with the USPS twice, there was no doubt that they had lost the package (which was insured w/ tracking) I filed a claim and immediately issued a full refund for shipping and the item. My buyer seemed pleased but still left me negation feedback? I've been a buyer for years but am new to selling so with one bad feedback I've gone from 100% to 98.5?!? And in the two months I've been selling I have had 5 non paying bidders, one "oops I don't know how ebay works" one returned bag that now smells like an ashtray and will prob. Never b able to b sold?!? Any advice? I am just trying to supplement my income as a nail tech by being an honest seller who loves people..... I've never experienced anything like this in my life!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to gentleyeti

Well said!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to sewspunky

:smileyhappy:I just posted about the same thing!!!! SO its not just me??

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

The bottom line is that ebay is only concerned with making money and the way they do that is to do everything possible to keep buyers happy and returning. Its bad for ebay business if "bad buyers" are labeled through negative feedback or some type of tracking system that everyone can see....everything is geared towards the buyer and ebay doesnot make it easy for honest sellers to appeal fraudulently opened cases of unfair feedback left by "bad buyers".

Ive noticed a "trend" recently of certain buyers "nit picking" and complaining about any little thing in what I believe is an attepmt to get items for free or partial refunds once they have paid...has anyone else noticed this?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Hi, I absolutely agree. I am tired of buyers who lie and decieve to get things for free, then ruin a good persons reputation. vicki

Please use plain text.
zyonite
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to fla-tvl

flatvl wrote:
I made a mistake in the listing, caught it after 1 day.

Well now you know what your mistake were, just don't do it again for 12 months until the feedback rolls off and you'll be back to 100%. Sure, it sounds like the buyer is unforgiving but it's already a norm among buyers that: "If you buy something and make payment only to have the seller refund it to you afterwards, assume seller is backing out of sale, especially if the final price is low by your standards.", even if the seller is facing issues and cannot complete the transaction, too many bad sellers breached buyers' trusts that way.

If you want to minimise your chances of getting negative feedbacks, stop selling 'untested' or outright 'not working' items, please.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mylittleshoppe3

I agree with you, my littleshoppe3, I had almost 4000 positive and 100% record. I made a mistake in the listing, caught it after 1 day. Seller paid for 3 separate , I issued immediate refunds along with messages on Paypal AND eBay. She left me 3 negative f/b. Gone is the 100% after 13 years of always "going the extra mile". eBay says there is nothing they can do short of investigating her to see if this is part of her M.O. They can investigate all they want but at the end of the day, I am out the 100% rating. Like you, I made remarks on all 3 of her neg f/b to me and I wasn't nice either. She doesn't qualify for "nice". IMO: Please don't be afraid to sell your dolls all because of one buyer. Karma is a **bleep** and her day will come.
In the meantime because of the poor eBay policies and a very recent incident, I am no longer buying or selling. It's not worth the hassles and if they don't have both buyers and sellers "best interest at heart, why subject myself to this?
I wish you all the very best and God Bless You, Betty

Please use plain text.
mylittleshoppe3
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I agree with this ownedandloved....I sold a doll after over 2000 positive and 100% record.  The woman purchasing it..said it was not as described...the truth being it was better than described...I not only told all flaws but had very good pictures to substantiate my claims her... she just wanted to view the doll at my expense...and send her back...she also sells dolls and I think she was afraid of competition.  She waited a full week after receiveing the doll before going to ebay and starting a case...rather than contacting me to see if I would do anything....which I always do...even though my listing stated "no returns "...she was hateful from the begining and never gave me a chance...then left hateful negative feedback...all very unfair to me as the seller with no recourse to the feedback for her...except not to leave any and I did make a remark to her feedback...which she further retailiated with her others lies of which now I can not reply to...for this reason she has now caused me to fear the selling of vintage dolls...of which I have hundreds and would like to offer to others before I die...but now cannot....so this all is because of ebay's unfair practice of their feedback system...well and liar buyers...check out my feedback left by her and then check out the pictures...you will see for yourself...

“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted”
- David Bly
Please use plain text.
ownedandloved
Community Member

Re: Stop unfair feedback from unreasonable ebay buyers - Petition

in reply to thenatural56

And so where about in the listing did it say, it did or didn't work? ie. i didn't assume anything, especially not that it worked like you say i did lol. Like i say, if i went around intentionally deceiving my customers, i would be doing myself an injustice wouldn't i, no trust = no sales = no money,... simples.

Lol, laziness doesn't even fall into the equation which for the record is something im not, but then i don't have to explain that to anyone, and i certainly wouldn't want to upset the fine balance of prejudice nature in you thenatural56.

When i first started on ebay, i had no idea there was an Ebay selling language to be used lol, ive learnt fast and if an item of mine is being sold as untested, now i do make sure that i also put spares or repair as ive come to realise that a handful of people don't know what the word 'untested' means unfortunately (strange but true). If a stranger told me in a face to face deal that an item was untested i wouldn't automatically think,..... it does.... or..... it doesn't work, i would trust the seller that he/she means what he/she says, (obviously this seller wouldn't even have a feedback report to look at and he/she also certainly doesn't have to offer a returns policy by law) and then i would just hope that it does work in the knowledge that the item may not work. Sometimes i win, sometimes i lose, its the way of the business and something you expect to come across from time to time.

Please use plain text.
sugarroll
Community Member

in reply to thenatural56
People know **bleep** well when the item doesn't work.

Its a pride thing, human nature.

I mean, you slice like 45% of your selling appeal. So let the **bleep** buyer figure it out as a "surprise!"
waiting in line
Please use plain text.
aws_games-n-more
Community Member

in reply to thenatural56
For those of you dealing with the "Cancel the Transaction or get Negative Feedback" problem, I've posted a summary and petition. Please post your support if you feel the same way: http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Chat/Petition-quot-Cancel-Transaction-quot-option-handcuffing-sell...
Please use plain text.
thenatural56
Community Member

I stand by my statement...If your selling used stuff, and if you didn't test it, no matter what, you cannot assume it will work....Plain and Simple...If they don't make the batteries anymore, then it does not work....How long it takes to test an item is your responsibility....If you don't, then you cannot assume it works....Quit making excuses and quit being lazy....Sellers like you deceive many a Buyer....All we want is an honest Buyer at a fair Price.....

Please use plain text.
sugarroll
Community Member

Re: Stop unfair feedback from unreasonable eBay buyers - Petition

Sellers are on a clock. They usually know when they get payed down to a 211.

The policy for buyers is almost fraudulent to begin with.

Someone know why they had to impregnate themselves with this policy.

I want the exact instance when the case flew across the brain of eBay's CEO that made him say, " goddamn, we have to change the policy PRONTO!".

Someone knows about it.

We're all here to make money, and break money.
waiting in line
Please use plain text.
sugarroll
Community Member

in reply to thenatural56
The policies are not on "our" side my friend. Sometimes you have to bend over and grab your ankles.
waiting in line
Please use plain text.
sugarroll
Community Member

I'm sure eBay would pluck people like that out of the pen.

I hope...
waiting in line
Please use plain text.