eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Outsourcing Call Centers

in reply to denisethatsme

Does anyone know how to call an American call center. I am so dam tired to calling and trying to explain what happend to some person who does not understand english well enough for me to explain the situation. Dam it is so frustrating to try to explain to them when they dont speak english.

I have had to call back many times hoping to get an english speaker on the phone.

Please let me know if there is something I dont know or a trick to talk to someone here in the states.

Thanks

Copenhagen

Please use plain text.
dodododoititit
Community Member

in reply to bricam72

My account was hacked into, they charged up $40 in eBay fees.  I called 7 times, which took place a month ago and everytime I call, they say they will resolve it.  Why are the fees still on the account?  Why do I have to keep explaining the situation 10 times to different departments?  Why do they keep transferring me?  Why do they not understand what I am saying?  Why do I not understand what they are telling me?  It is broken English.  I am on old now waiting for the fees to be removed, but the question is, will it really happen or do I have to call again?  Good luck trying to find someone in America.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I just had a similar frustrating experience with the call center yesterday.  Many of your posts are good, even those I don't entirely agree with. 

Here is what I think we need to remember:  It is not a matter of the fact that outsourcing of American jobs is occurring.  The issue is WHY it is occurring.  The reason it is occurring is because workers in these other countries work for next to nothing!

I have no idea what an ebay call center rep in Asia gets paid, but many call center reps in America get only $9-$11.  I am sure outside the country, workers get much less or we would get to speak to reps within this country. 

What is even more scary and sad is that the next bit of outsourcing genius for call centers is to locate them in prisons, and have inmates answer the phones.  It is a proven fact that even some credit card companies have already done this.  Prisoners get paid less than .25 per hour.  But that is ok because they are all bad people right?  I don't believe that, but even if they are the issue is that jobs that pay $9-$11 (still lousy pay if you ask me) are going to peole who are being paid .25 an hour.  But hey, it lets them hire a whole call center for the labor cost of one legitimate worker.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rockymountaingems14
Same happened to me - transferred 6 times in 45 minutes between departments. I asked to speak to a supervisor - she said she would forward my notes to the supervisor and they would call me back in 10 minutes. It's been 3 days and the fact she could not get my number right when she was repeating it back to me scares me a bit.

Anyone know how to contact ebay here in the US? Kind of important - deals with my invoice and the amount of money you are going to charge me for March. If you call paypal, can they transfer you to ebay here in the US?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to johnrj1226
You can speak slow as molasses and they still don't get it. Ask for a supervisor and you wait 15 minutes then they say you have to wait the entire day for a call back that never comes. Tx for the thoughtful post but in my experience it doesn't reflect the frustrating reality.
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to pigmeister13

pigmeister13 wrote:
 Why leave positive 4 a buyer.... they paid? ... Wow

How many buyers have you had that didn't? Did you leave them a POS?

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

in reply to pigmeister13

nobody says you have to leave ANY feedback for your buyers,that's YOUR choice.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
pigmeister13
Community Member

Exactly my point.... The whole structure is for the buyer. And if a buyer leaves u negative u have nothing. Why leave positive 4 a buyer.... they paid? ... Wow
Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to pigmeister13

pigmeister13 wrote:

EBAY GETS $$$$ FROM SELLERS AND TREATS THEM LIKE GARBAGE

Ebay gets no money from the buyers and they get the same CS  Reps. Your point?

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
pigmeister13
Community Member

These people wherever they are act like robots. Repeat eBay policy without a clue of what they are saying. I just had a buyer claim they never placed the top bid, and walked away After auction ended they said tough... File a dispute.... No problem.
If It was the other way around eBay would have let me have it.
EBAY GETS $$$$ FROM SELLERS AND TREATS THEM LIKE GARBAGE
Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

in reply to johnrj1226

yup.i was able to talk to a nice young man in utah when my settings went bonkers. i called in the morning on a friday,told the nice foriegn lady i couldn't understand her,she transferred me immediately.

same with paypal,when i was applying for my debit card,only one transfer was needed.

of course,i have an odd mixed american accent,i'm not sure the foriegn ladies understood ME,either,lol!:smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
johnrj1226
Community Member

in reply to panaminttrading

There are CSRs located in Salt Lake City Utah, USA.  I and others have spoke with people there.  Most recently about 2 weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

in reply to anne4755

panaminttrading wrote:

I just now got off the phone with CS and asked what is the best time to call to be able to speak to some one in the USA and was told that there are no call centers in the US. Very, very sad. But, eBay is huge and could care less about its members and the persons in this country that are desperate for a job.

Do not waste your time with the off shore call center! Keep repeating, "I'm sorry, I don't understand you." again and again again until you are transferred to the US call center and a Rep who speaks perfect English. As you just found out the off shore call center do not know what they are talking about or just outright lie.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rving101

I just now got off the phone with CS and asked what is the best time to call to be able to speak to some one in the USA and was told that there are no call centers in the US. Very, very sad. But, eBay is huge and could care less about its members and the persons in this country that are desperate for a job.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'm not conviced that if the call centers were in this country, the quality of the people answering the phones would be any better. They would hire people willing to take minimum wage part time jobs, and there is no guarntee these employees would speak English as a first language either. I am sure many have seen Jay Leno talking to folks on the street in his Jaywalking. Most of these folks are as dumb as a brick.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to johnrj1226

This is the best one I have seen. Not only can they not speak english they can't spell !!  This should explain the eBay community .

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mistwomandancing

I agree with you theroy on international trade, but if you are happy interacting with other countries, maybe you are living in one of them of consider moving there. Maybe America does not crank your tractor.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kristinechris

You are totally lost, we are  not talking about world politics, where what and were, we are not talking about one country vs another we are not talking about race, or how large the world is getting. We are talking about how bad of service we are getting from eBay from  the one specific call center ASIA. Plain and simple I need to run a business and if the person in ASIA cant understand me, then to solve a problem is impossible. Don't you even suggest that I learn that language, my business is in America and for that I am proud. Again you are totally lost on this subject and so are many others, we are talking about the lack of customer service for the American eBay Customers, if you a problem with that then I am sorry 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to johnrj1226

Ebay may be international, but we are not, it is clear that you have been brain washed, there is not but one call center that gets all the calls from our zone. ASIA, if you shout loud enough you might get to Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are so please with all the call centers then share the phone numbers. We should have known we would have stepped on someones toes, we were not talking about race dummy or how polite people are, we were talking about solving our problems when someone can't understand you. It is people like you that must be on the eBay international board. Can't believe this comment, most of us know it is not true.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

No one can change the outsourcing of calls centers but the eBay Members themselves. That is you and I ! As long as we sit by and gripe nothing will be done.  We must cut off the America business from eBay period. Until we stand up for what we believe in and stand up for America business we need to stop talking, talk is cheap ! Are you willing to cut back on your listings for 30 days, not talking about one or two members, all American business must do it. We must demand a call center for the United States with a number listed for that call center. We must DEMAND a US Call center for US callers only, list a number and hire people to answer the phone in less than 34 minutes it is now taking in ASIA and then you can't understand them. They have a call center in Salt Lake City, Utah, but you can't dial directly to it, you must go through the ASIA Call center. Who is at fault, us the members of eBay for still feeding them with our money. Don't just talk, do something. I call them once a week and demand to speak to an American call center just to be able to let them know I don't like it, has it done any good, No, but if enough people did it, it would help, it will help to cut of their money. 

Please use plain text.