eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Negative Feedback for Non-payers

I would like to know what "genius" in the Ebay organization decided that we as sellers could NOT leave negative feedback for bidders who have NOT paid!

Please use plain text.
ruths_dream
Community Member

Re: Negative Feedback for Non-payers

in reply to am2nd2none

Stop spamming all the boards.

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I agree.  I have had 3 non payers last month and this month-my first!  However, I also wonder if maybe something awful might have happened to these people where they 'aren't able to possibly  go to ebay (or anywhere) EVER again.

We're dealing with millions of people.  Accidents and casualties happen every minute.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I would like to know what "genius" in the Ebay organization decided that we as sellers could NOT leave negative feedback for bidders who have NOT paid!

John J. Donahoe

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm GORGEOUS, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART"...Judge Judy

Please use plain text.
mokie11559
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I AGREE! HAVE SO MANY OPEN CASES & YET IF THEY FINALLY PAY, I HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU? AND IF THEY DONT I CANT LEAVE ANY COMMENT! AND HOW ARE OTHER SELLERS TO KNOW NOT TO SELL TO DEADBEATS? WHAT ABOUT IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE BUYERS? CANT MENTION THEY ARE DIFFICULT. KISS BUYERS ASSES. BEND OVER SELLERS!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I used to try to keep working it out with the buyers as it was a rare occurance.  Now I send one email about 10 days after and if no response I open a unpaid item case.  This is the only way to get their attention and if there is a tragedy, etc. they aren't concerned, which is fully understandable.  That is your only avenue at this time.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Buyer feedback is useless since they can just go to a "buy-it-now" auction or bid on your item on the last few seconds. 

These buyers are a cancer to the system.  Cut them  off!

They, their spouse, children, mama, grandma, papa, should be banned for life!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

All our rights as sellers have been taken away.  Buyers can do anything they, take their time paying, not paying at all, leaving neg. feedback if we do email them with anything.  Come on.   If there is no recourse for a peson that does not pay.  Buyers know, I mean the dishonest ones, that they do not have to do the honorable thing.  Nothing will happen to them.  This is totally crazy.  Since all these new rules have been added, I have not listed one item.  I needed to, need the money, but I refuse to sell when I know that at any point the item might come back to me, not because it is a bad item but because of buyer's remorse or any other reason that might pop up.  I will lose money and I will not be able to bounce back after a few of these returns happen.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I spent a half hour with 3 different reps and then was cut off on Sunday.  I have had 6 non payers in one month.  Small change stuff...no reason for non payment.  I asked one of the reps why a buyer could not be charged a 10% "restocking" fee to the seller if the buyer did not pay.  "Oh, we can't do that, we document it and if the buyer has alot of non payments we take sanctions"....who gets those sanctions?  I then asked how does a future seller know to block a buyer so that another seller doesn't get scammed...oh that is private information!

I am ready for an attorney.  I think it is illegal for ebay to charge fvf on MY ACTUAL shipping costs when the only persons I'm paying is the post office and paypal...I think it is illegal for ebay to FORCE me to accept returns after someone can wear my items and return them to me used...I think it is illegal for ebay to protect non paying bidders...it is a CONTRACT...hello?  I think that there are many issues that ebay is "testing" their power on...and I think we should seriously take a look at proper business practices.

I was also told I could write ebay...yeah, right!

Please use plain text.
foster9
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Well you have the address. Mail a live skunk to their home and label it chocolates :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Boy do I agree with all of you sellers. I have two non-payers this month..they just "changed their minds"..they had no personal problems. I think not being able to leave negative feedback is discrimination and hurts other sellers. I do look at feedback alot if a sellers is a bit off and make a judgement whether or not to buy. I can't do that with a buyer and that is just plain WRONG.

I also agree with shipping costs not being included with final value fees, BUT...I charge actual fees. Many sellers inflate the cost and lots of people who only buy don't know what the actual charges are, so they get something for $5.99 total with the shipping only actually costing $1.50..but they don't have any idea so they leave feedback on the total price. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am truly glad I don't rely on this selling to live...lol!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Amen

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Negative Feedback for Non-WORKING

in reply to am2nd2none

i totally agree with u, ebay is a joke, i got a big problem with a item a never receive, they tranfer me to paypal..... paypal never care, they just check my item to fedex and just because fedex have delivered the item to the city (fedex never provide the exactly address at the wed) the just close the case. ebay now said is imposible to open a case lollll they the same people... unbelieble they got my money.... i have to close this ebay joke with paypal son.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Love your idea!  Dead fish in the mail are worse. How about some of each?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

In the last two months I have had many, many non payer's.  Best thing you can do is open that case 4 days after non payment and come back 4 days later to close.  Don't wait any longer then that.  Ding them quick. 

I actually had a gal from France bid and win my item, then ask me if it has the leather strap on it, I said no, she said I don't want it.  Can I have my money back????  Very irritating for sure. What did I do??? Gave her darn money back, filed a claim to cancel transaction, and on like the last day she agreed. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT THE SELLER IS LOSING AL OF HIS RIGHTS. I DO THE RIGHT THING ACCORDING TO EBAY. I LEAVE A POSITIVE FEEDBACK WHEN A BUYER PAYS. I MAIL IT OUT THE SAME DAY THEY PAY. THEY GET IT IN RECORD TIME. SELLER EMAILS ME THAT ITEM ARRIVED BROKEN AND DEMANDS A FULL REFUND BEFORE THEY GIVE ME A NEGATIVE OR OPEN AN EBAY CASE. ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT YOU CAN'T MENTION INSURANCE FOR AN OPTION OF CHARGES, BUT EBAY WHEN YOU PRINT A SHIPPING LABEL ALLOWS THE SELLER TO BUY INSURANCE FROM THEM AND NOT THE USPS? I AM JUST ABOUT READY TO CLOSE SHOP MYSELF. EBAY NEEDS TO BE LISTENING TO THE SELLERS WHO PAY THEM THEIR WAGES. REGARDS, KAREN

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

hmm did they just not pay? did they try to work it out with you?

sometimes we have to all work together to make things work easier for all. if you have that many non payers you must sell a lot also :smileyhappy:  personally ive had reason to not want to pay, i always try to work things out with a seller. offered to pay costs.

I've even offered to pay for the product and let them keep the item... i didn't realize how unreasonablely high their shipping was.

they still wanted me to pay for shipping and all....another time

my fault... i didn't notice the item was broken. said in the auction

that it was... again i offered to pay for the item and let them keep it... again they said no.

personally i think this all relates  to the out of control shipping gouging going on. btw i sell and buy.

so ya in my opinion we need to all work together.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I have been the victim of a professional scam artist on Ebay. He puruchased an Iphone for $395, I shipped with signature and delivery confirmation, the phone was scanned leaving my town but was never scanned in his town, was delivered without signature confirmation, buyer claims it never arrived. Filed claim for non-receipt AND got his money back and got the IPhone.    I sent package just as I said I would Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, requested a signature, but did not insure.  This buyer has a friend that works at the post office that circumvents delivery documents allowing buyer to file claim for non-receipt. He skips filing dispute with Ebay to save his ability to buy on Ebay and files directly with Paypal. 

And of course, the only feedback I can leave this buyer is
"thank you".  I can't warn any other sellers to  beware. Ebay could care less. I have called, I have emailed and I have been through just as much red tape as I went though with the government run post office. 

I used to LOVE Ebay about 8 years ago.  It's been all downhill since they changed the feedback process.  It's no different than Craigslist where the average buyer and seller are con artists.

Please use plain text.
zyonite
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

These complaints will never go away will it?

Let's reword this a bit: Which "genius" made the Ebay organization decided that sellers could no longer leave negative feedbacks for bidders? Who knows, but I'm sure some of you know the reason.

Even though I fully support the idea, there is a chance that after sellers gain the ability to give unpaid bidders negative, more people will whine to bring back the old system that made buyers leave in the first place.

You can still put buyers on blocked bidder list and share it around so all the sellers would ban the person.

Like many have said, Ebay employees don't take notice of suggestions here so you guys should contact customer support.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I had at least 3 Non-payers in the last month, and two of the three had "0" feedback in which made me a little suspicious, but I optimistically overlooked because I also had many Buyers with "0" feedback who paid for items without delay.  I believe the individual with "0" feedback in this case was one in the same with a different Name, ironically bidding on same item.  In cases like this, it appears that Ebay could somehow completely BAN such nuisances from the site.  As a result of these individuals, I had to resort too listing many items as BUY It NOW, with request of IMMEDIATE PAY.  This way the listing doesn't end if the Buyer doesn't Pay.  Its unfortunate that Sellers are forced to use this method if due to "Non-Payers", because it could possibly cost Sellers money in the end, and, one way or another.

Please use plain text.