eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Negative Feedback for Non-payers

in reply to am2nd2none

I understand all the rules about non-payment and how to close cases with the Ebay automatic system.  I am just curious if anybody has ever SEEN the email that the non-payer gets and what it says?  Is it "nice", or "nasty" or "threatening" or what?  If someone has seen these emails, can you post one here for all of us to see?

I'd hate to think that it will be a "non-payer" who has to reply to my posting here, but maybe one of us who follow the rules has seen one and has a copy.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to kbcustomcrafts

Yup completely unfair, I'm getting sick of this company. it's a buyers haven here no matter how wrong they are they will always be right in the end. Its the only way Ebay can continue to push forward at the expense of the small sellers like myself. i nearly lost the shirt of my back when they started holding my funds because of long shipping times. I kept telling them and my buyers that I'm shipping from CANADA to the USA it will take longer. Doesn't help. I still get slapped with low ratings. And im still paying between 300 and 500 in fees every month. in the last month I've had around a dozen cancelations. the only thing I like about this company is the fact that I'm holding shares under 30 bucks. Once I cash out I'll be in with the short raids. I'll pay my fees and sell my stuff for now in the mean time I'll be scalping the stock every chance I get.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I agree that the non-payers score should reflect the fact that they do not pay. It is unfair that sellers are unable to leave feedback for these people. They know they can get away with it and it is not fair to honest sellers.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to badgers_36

I agree….People should be able to leave feedback for non-payers…..it is crazy…I had a guy bid-up an item 6 times…..and not pay!  Now I have another one….I gooled his address….street view of his house….he can afford it…..checked with anywho.com to be sure name and address matched….that would be a yes….What a crock E-Bay…

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I have a buyer who never paid and said it arrived broken when I have it !  Then left me negative feedback.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Didn't it used to be that non payment reflected on buyers score? Why was that taken off. EBay needs sellers to sell to buyers. The sellers buy the things out of pocket and if it doesn't sell- they loose. I read all this stuff of non payers-does not seem right.If you don't pay the credit card bill what happens.A thought I have is, if you order something from a store -one has to pay immediately or no order but sellers have to sometimes wait and wait.Does that seem right.I love the buyers who pay immediately or right after invoice.Sometimes it seems people are window shopping at sellers expense.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I agree I am so furious!!!  4 nonpayers in the past month and there is nothing I can do.  But they can leave me any type of feed back.  The one buyer even wrote in a response to me email "too bad man, juss dont want item no more, oh well sell to someone else, man" First of all I am not a man second, how dare them, and there is not one thing I can do!!!  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Yes , I have had more non-paying bidders since this took effect. Where will ebay be when all the sellers decide they have had enough????

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

This buyer has a friend that works at the post office that circumvents delivery documents allowing buyer to file claim for non-receipt. He skips filing dispute with Ebay to save his ability to buy on Ebay and files directly with Paypal. 

You know all this how?  You realize you're talking a federal felony, right?  I would think if you had anything more than an opinion the appropriate authorities would be very interested in it.  OTOH, could be the item was lost and never delivered.  Insurance is a good thing, and not all that expensive.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

SHAME ON YOU EBAY !!!!!!!!!!!

AFRAID OF MAKING EBAY LOOK BAD?

SHAME ON YOU EBAY !!!!!!!!!!!

POOR   !!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

This leaves buyers with ZERO accountability. Probably because they bitched enough about it on the forums. It's not a good idea to give your kid a lollypop from the store every time he whines about not getting one. Sometimes you just have to say no, and keep the good, paying buyers on board, and kick out the rubbish. They whine, don't pay, cost sellers AND EBAY (yes I know you're listening) thousands of dollars a year for the inconvenience they cause.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

This leaves buyers with ZERO accountability. Probably because they bitched enough about it on the forums. It's not a good idea to give your kid a lollypop from the store every time he whines about not getting one. Sometimes you just have to say no, and keep the good, paying buyers on board, and kick out the rubbish. They whine, don't pay, cost sellers AND EBAY (yes I know you're listening) thousands of dollars a year for the inconvenience they cause.

Please use plain text.
frazierpark007
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

Well you have the address. Mail a live skunk to their home and label it chocolates.  LOL make tha a LIVING skunk!

Please use plain text.
frazierpark007
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

LOL!  A live one at that!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I am dealing with a buyer as we speak who will not pay or respond to any of my messages. When I look at his feedback, I see that he has done this to around ten sellers this month alone. Sense they can't leave negitive feedback, they are forced to leave positive feedback with a negitive message. I will probably end up having to do the same. How many times can a buyer get away with not paying for their items before eBay does something about it, and why don't they enforce their own rules when it comes to deadbeats?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

The non payment "slap on the wrist" unpaid item strike is WAY out of hand. I am so disgusted.4 out of my last20 listings or so and thats with my buyer requirements customized as strict as I can. For heavens sake Ebay!!!! We the sellers are the driving revenue for you!!!! Cant wait until a new auction site is brought to the market.....bye bye Ebay

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I had my first experience with an item being "bought", but then never paid for. Great, I got my listing fee back, but I should be able to leave feedback for that customer. And yes, they should only get to do that a limited amount of times before Ebay requires immediate payment for all of their purchases.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I had at least 3 Non-payers in the last month, and two of the three had "0" feedback in which made me a little suspicious, but I optimistically overlooked because I also had many Buyers with "0" feedback who paid for items without delay.  I believe the individual with "0" feedback in this case was one in the same with a different Name, ironically bidding on same item.  In cases like this, it appears that Ebay could somehow completely BAN such nuisances from the site.  As a result of these individuals, I had to resort too listing many items as BUY It NOW, with request of IMMEDIATE PAY.  This way the listing doesn't end if the Buyer doesn't Pay.  Its unfortunate that Sellers are forced to use this method if due to "Non-Payers", because it could possibly cost Sellers money in the end, and, one way or another.

Please use plain text.
zyonite
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

These complaints will never go away will it?

Let's reword this a bit: Which "genius" made the Ebay organization decided that sellers could no longer leave negative feedbacks for bidders? Who knows, but I'm sure some of you know the reason.

Even though I fully support the idea, there is a chance that after sellers gain the ability to give unpaid bidders negative, more people will whine to bring back the old system that made buyers leave in the first place.

You can still put buyers on blocked bidder list and share it around so all the sellers would ban the person.

Like many have said, Ebay employees don't take notice of suggestions here so you guys should contact customer support.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to am2nd2none

I have been the victim of a professional scam artist on Ebay. He puruchased an Iphone for $395, I shipped with signature and delivery confirmation, the phone was scanned leaving my town but was never scanned in his town, was delivered without signature confirmation, buyer claims it never arrived. Filed claim for non-receipt AND got his money back and got the IPhone.    I sent package just as I said I would Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, requested a signature, but did not insure.  This buyer has a friend that works at the post office that circumvents delivery documents allowing buyer to file claim for non-receipt. He skips filing dispute with Ebay to save his ability to buy on Ebay and files directly with Paypal. 

And of course, the only feedback I can leave this buyer is
"thank you".  I can't warn any other sellers to  beware. Ebay could care less. I have called, I have emailed and I have been through just as much red tape as I went though with the government run post office. 

I used to LOVE Ebay about 8 years ago.  It's been all downhill since they changed the feedback process.  It's no different than Craigslist where the average buyer and seller are con artists.

Please use plain text.