eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ebay and Paypal is limiting my funds....

in reply to bigmoose1

In a nutshell, this is theft!  Simple as that!  It is extortion, and schoolyard bully taking your lunch money type behavior.  This I believe is an abuse of their official capacity, and it must be addressed.  I have had the exact things happen to myself, and I do not agree with these trems and conditions, neither does anybody else I know whom is aware of these actions.  EBAY is setup for the benefit of the buyer only!  The balance is to say the least nonexistant!  I frequently contact ebay and paypal to address frequent issues, and since I get the equivelant of no answer to my questions at all, I am offended to see a feedback questionairre show up in my email, asking how well they handled my issues and concerns.  The minute they decide to undo what they have done to sellers, and buyers, because some sellers are also buyers....is the minute they are going to start getting good feedback on addressing my concerns and issues....mainly being the crooked, extortionistic issues of funds limitations, and account freezing!  When I contact ebay regarding this matter, nobody can give me an honest, legitimate answer!  I get a bunch of stuttering, sentence fragmented excuses that are backed up by nothing!  Thats all I get when I tell them that these actions are outright theft!  THIS MUST STOP!  IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO TAKE ON THIS ISSUE, WE THE SELLERS ON EBAY ARE WILLING TO COOPERATE IN WHATEVER MANNER, TO HAVE THIS MATTER RECTIFIED!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

EBAY IS SCREWING ME ALSO AND I'M SICK OF IT!

IT'S MY MONEY NOT THERE'S SO THEY ARE COMMITTING THEFT BY UNLAWFUL TAKING, FRAUD, ETC..

I'M LOOKING FOR OTHER PLACES TO SELL SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD PLACES THAT WOULD BE GOOD PLZ LET ME KNOW!

EBAY NEEDS SUED!!!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Be very careful about giving any of your private or banking info to them -- not safe!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I will quit buying AGAIN on ebay and using paypal!  The last time I stayed away for years -- same problem!  I am sick of the scams and aggravation!  Unfortunately, it is the people who sell on ebay that will be hurt.  It is not fun  -- the games that paypal plays.  Does any one know if ebay and paypal are still connected business wise??  I really hope all you ebay sellers report them!  I agree with all the comments posted here.  What is going on again with this company?????  Paypal is trying to get too much private information.  I have checked with several financial brilliants and do not give any info on any banking account to paypal or sign up for their credit cards.  Word on the street is it is not safe!

Community Member

Ebay and Paypal they the same joke.

in reply to bigmoose1

i totally agree with u, ebay is a joke, i got a big problem with a item a never receive, they tranfer me to paypal..... paypal never care, they just check my item to fedex and just because fedex have delivered the item to the city (fedex never provide the exactly address at the wed) the just close the case. ebay now said is imposible to open a case lollll they the same people... unbelieble they got my money.... i have to close this ebay joke with paypal son.

northeast_chileman
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

northeast_chileman

What is your selling id? Why not share it with everyone?

I don't want to share it with you. But I'll share my stats...

.No negatives  or neutrals. perfect 5 DSRs, pretty darn impressive, no?

This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
flatearthcycles
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

DB Cooper, I sold about $2200 worth of stuff in two days before I realized the hold that was placed on my account.

I have a wife, two kids, a new house... I saw that I sold some items and I was thinking yay, I can reorder some products, take the profit and pay some bills.  NOPE.  Not only couldnt I do that, but I had to dig into personal money to float my side business until funds were made available.

How long do you think I can keep doing THAT!?!?

Funny part of it was, I had NO IDEA they were going to start holding funds.  Im sure somewhere in their million newsletters, or fine print on the 19th page of some TOS agreement.  All I know is that it was a very unwelcome suprise to me.

flatearthcycles
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yes I think this new 'funds holding' thing is really going to hurt a lot of sellers.  I paid over $3000 last year in ebay fees.  That is a big chunk of my profit gone just to pay for the marketplace I want to sell in.

However, with said marketplace now putting holds on my funds (I had 4 low star ratings in one year for communication and shipping time).  It is making restocking inventory, paying bills, and relisting items a hinderance.

I have already taken the step of listing additional items in alternate marketplaces.  It probably wont be long before I just drop ebay altogether.

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

northeast_chileman

What is your selling id? Why not share it with everyone?

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

What's this 21 day crap. I sold two things today printed up the shipping labels, then I go my paypal account and my funds are not available?? I have been buying and selling on ebay for 10 years with 100% rating  and now these people pull this stunt. I sold one thing 3 days ago and they didn't hold the funds on that one?? Maybe ebay should post that bit of information on the selling page right before someone post an item for sale, see how many people think twice about selling on ebay. This is a scam. With all the fee's ebay charges and now you are going to hold my money for 21 days and collect interest on it. OK if they are going to hold my money maybe they need to pay me interest. I am seriously thinking of pulling off all the rest of my items and sell my stuff on Craigslist.

northeast_chileman
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Few poor ratings and my funds were limited 21 days wait!

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=tape_and_etc&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

I would love to be a fly on a wall when eBay execs are finding a 'creative way' of justifying how these new policy changes will make it better for sellers.buyers

This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Hello to everyone.

My name is Bill.

I just signed up with Ebay.  I have Paypal connected to my bank account. I have Ebay connected to my Paypal account.

I haven't listed anything yet. I have my camera on a tripod. I'm ready to go.

I, first, wanted to take a stroll around the neighborhood.

If I am to believe what I've read here, I should be afraid to do any selling. I do believe it because there is far to many complaints to ignore. They are all consistent.

I haven't started yet. But, I am ready to cancel everything before I do. Quit while I'm not behind, yet.

Thanks for the heads up!

My name is Bill.

I think I will take my bussiness elsewhere.

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

On May 1st I will empty my paypal account.  I urge you to do the same.  They make money on our funds.  Thus the restrictions on when it will be available.

If enough sellers request their balances on the same day it will be notice.  It will send them a clear message-sellers are united!

I received an email this morning-paypal is changing the way we ship.  Shipping will now go through ebay.  If you think they are doing this for our benefit then I have a bridge for you to buy.

Its never ending. 

Take a stand!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I've been a member since 1998 and NEVER had a neg. or dispute. Now ebay,  paypal is holding MY MONEY, MY MONEY, MY MONEY - get it?  I sell on ebay and was forced to use paypal, for both of these services I pay a fee. As long as I take care of and don't cheat the buyer , LEAVE ME ALONE and stay out of MY business . In the passed I have kept from 500.00 to 1000.00 in paypal all the time , so my wife or I could buy on ebay. Since paypal is holding funds I have taken all money out and will NOT buy on ebay as long as funds are held. I don't need ebay or paypal to police me!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

An obvious grab for interest on the larges sums on deposit; also I agree with the previous poster. eBay has gone overboard with their rules and regulations in favor of buyers. They can basically take you to the cleaners and you have no recourse.

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yes, I agree that I am also losing lots of business in March 2012 with Sponsored Links that I did not agree with. I think ebay has dug a grave from them selves if sellers sue them for advertising place in their store with out permission or paying the store owner per sale or per click. I have been a member since Aug 06, 2009 and NEVER-NEVER had any advertising in my store I agree and pay for each year.

If they want to promote other companies in my store I need to get paid for the advertising and sales generated. Just Like youtube per click or the percentage of the sales. It is just like having a retail store on the street and 4 companies come in set up in your store and advertise their stuff for FREE, no rent, no advertising, no utility and they work off your years building your business and store location. Sounds like Ebay has set themselves up for a multi billion dollar laws suit from ebay sellers worldwide in a class action law suite, which I am sure will be soon filed by one of the sellers soon like me that has lost business this month by being forced without my permission to have sponsored links on the bottom of all my store listing.

If anyone knows if they have violated any Federal Trade Law or consumer protection laws please let us sellers know the docket numbers.

I will be contacting my Michigan Consumer Protection office to see what they can advise me to do.

I am sure they are breaking state laws in one or many states or even Federal laws in Fair Trade, which protects all sellers here in the USA.

Paul

TMI LED TECHNOLOGY

http://stores.ebay.com/TMI-LED-TECHNOLOGY

tmi61@aol.com

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Hello! I am in the same situation and i am ready to donate couple backs to resolve this problem

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

We've had our funds held for almost a month now. I feel terrible for my boss who is the actual owner of this account but luckily he has been able to tap into other income sources during this time. We ARE investigating ebid however, and may take our business there. PayPal and eBay won't give a **** until they really start seeing a noticeable amount of people moving in the other direction. They'll keep flogging the sellers who try and tough it out. We've complied with ALL their requests and still are constantly waiting and waiting for our money. We need to come together and either not list anything for three or four days consecutively, or find some way to let eBay feel something!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I just got off phone with Pay Pal.  First of all, I spoke with a woman that had a heavy accent that I had difficulty understanding!  Anyway, my phone call was regarding the payment holds on my account.  I pulled up the policy pertaining to payment holds and discovered that I fit every criteria for not having any payment holds!  All this woman could do was quote policies. I just can't understand the logic behind this policy.  Most of my buyers have already received their items yet I cannot access my money.  What the......! Like a lot of other sellers, I have become very frustrated with Ebay and Pay Pal's new policies and especially the new Final Shipping Fees.  I have always tried to keep my shipping and handling to a minimum.  However, I cannot lose money every time I ship, so, I am forced to pass this on to the buyer!  Sorry buyer!  And to you sellers that depend on your sells as a source of income, I feel your frustration and I am willing to sign a petition or protest on your behalf!!  United we stand!!!

Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yep, well, I got scolded by more than one person, on these forums, saying that I needed to calm down.  Here is proof of all the things that I was feeling very panicky about....long time e-bay members (like myself) with perfect or near perfect feedback( like myself) not big or power sellers, just your everyday seller that started out to participate in the fun and big market of e-bay (like myself) that suddenly find themselves being punished.  With just a click, some pea-brain that thinks the shipping is too high, can get your money frozen.  I kept screaming, "you have got to be kidding me! how can I ship, etc. without my funds?"  And, I got answered, well, you are supposed to have capital, you take care of the customer and THEN, you MIGHT get your money. CAPITAL!! I am not Walmart or JC Pennys.  I am just an average person, picking up an item at flea markets or estate sales, cleaning them up, paying to list them, etc. and when I get paid, then I ship it, and use any profit to contine to find a bit of inventory.

I do believe that e-bay is wanting to purge themselves of the small selllers. Fine, just be up front and say that. Say, no more small sellers, just fixed auctions or what-ever-the-heck, it is, that is your new business strategy.  Don't try to intimidate us out of the market.  IF the small sellers are not important, not fitting your business plan, If there is no dollars being generated by them, then why is E-bay/PayPal so trigger happy to hold their little pitiful funds, until they beg for it back?

I am sticking by my statement, that there is something real incestuous about the e-bay and PP connection and something very deliberate about the new "policies". I am holding my breath, hoping to get the last of the auctions to sell off my small collection, finished, without having the e-bay bomb fall on me.  In fifty transactions, this past month, I have had two deadbeat, no payments and one that is shaping up to be.  THEY are still here, and may strike YOU, at any time, because, I can't give them feedback and warn you.

I have noticed, in my many years, that it is the folks that have not been bit, they say "oh, that dog won't bite me" and they yelp the loudest, when they finally do get bit.  Some of us, have already been growled at, and some of us, are out here, with our arm and leg, hanging by a string. We have figured out, THAT DOG WILL BITE.