eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Ebay and Paypal is limiting my funds....

My dad and I started on Ebay when they first started. Its been almost 13 years with no problems. Now all of a sudden they are limiting my funds because I don't sell $250 a month in goods. I have over 1250 feedbacks, all good and I ship everything thru Ebay shipping. I'm being told that I don't ship it all thru ebay and my sales are below $250 so they are limiting my funds. Who is Ebay to tell me how to ship and how much a month I need to stay above their standards? If I don't have the goods or have a bad month buying, then I just don't have it. Ebay is a way for me to help pay some of my bills, I have been laid off for awhile and Ebay has helped me out in the past. Now they are a hinderance, if I sell something I usually pay a bill with it. Now I have to wait 21 days to get my funds. How about if we wait 21 days to pay our account fees after we get our Ebay invoices in the emails! I have a feeling that Ebay is going to lose ALOT of business by limiting Ebay Sellers funds if they aren't up to Ebays standards. There isn't any other site online that has the standards that Ebay has. They are just glad to help out the people by purchasing and selling items they no longer need and to help people like me, who are looking for work by trying to keep up with their bills. This kind of practice by Ebay should be looked into. Maybe someone should start a petition to stop the limitation of funds by Ebay and Paypal. For instance, I need my funds to pay a bill that is due today, NOPE can't do it, I'm limited, THANKS EBAY! Now I have to explain to the company why I can't pay them! When you call Ebay you never get any answers.  Come on Ebay, lets get this big problem straightened out! Go back to how it used to be. It has been alot of fun buying and selling on Ebay but now its just a big pain in the neck!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Ebay and Paypal is limiting my funds....

in reply to bigmoose1

NO KIDDING!  I CAN'T EVEN PRINT A SHIPPING LABEL WITH THE PAYMENT I RECEIVED BECAUSE MY FUNDS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL THE ITEM IS RECEIVED BY THE BUYER.  REALLY!  GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS EBAY OR I'M DONE.  THAT IS JUST WRONG.  EBAYERS PLEASE PROTEST THESE RECENT CHANGES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER OR ANY OTHER WAY THAT WILL GET THROUGH TO EBAY.  ALL I GET IS THE RUN AROUND AND EXCUSES WHEN I TRY TO CONTACT ANYONE AT EBAY OR PAYPAL.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

THATS RIGHT! I CAN'T PAY MY EBAYS FEE BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT IS LIMITED. IF I CAN'T PAY MY FEE THRU PAYPAL THEN EBAY WILL SUSPEND MY ACCOUNT AND ITS ALL THEIR FAULT! i THINK IT SUCKS!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Furthermore, I have 1 and only 1 negative feedback in the last 12 months and my rating in 99.2% and they limit my funds. WHY????

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I looked this up on Ebays announcement page and this is what I found. I also put in my own observations:

If a seller has any of these activities in the last 30 days, these will cumulatively count as dissatisfied customers for that seller. We then calculate what percentage dissatisfied customers represent of a seller’s total customers.

A.....It states( and I quote)" if the seller has any of these activites in the last 30 days"... I've had 1 negative in 1 year!

Also, for a small number of these transactions paid with PayPal, when eBay suspects the transaction may result in a dissatisfied customer, PayPal will delay release of the payment funds to the seller until the buyer has left a positive feedback or 21 days have passed without a dispute.

B.......How can you get a postive feedback from a buyer if you can't use your papal funds for shipping and purchasing a shipping label! Makes no sense!!!

a small number of sellers who have the worst buyer dissatisfaction rates sellers with less than 100 feedback sellers who list in certain categories with higher rates of buyer complaints

I HAVE OVER 1270 POSTIVE FEEDBACKS!

C......Bill spoke about great sellers – specifically, these are sellers who provide buyers with an experience that consistently means:

Describing items well (I TRY AND DO MY BEST IN DESCRIBING THE ITEM)

Communicating with buyers effectively (I ANSWER ALL EMAIL CONCERNING THE ITEMS)

Shipping items quickly( I SHIP MOSTLY ALL THRU EBAY, UNLESS MY BUYER WANTS THE ITEM A DIFFERENT WAY)

Charging fair and accurate shipping costs.(I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THE POST OFFICE OR UPS/FEDEX CHARGES FOR SHIPPING, ITS NOT UP TO ME)

Hello…This is Jim Ambach, VP of Seller Experience. Bill Cobb shared a number of important changes that eBay is making to the marketplace. For sellers, consistently great service will make the difference in 2008. Because a seller’s performance is more critical than ever, as Bill mentioned, we will be giving all sellers a tool to help them monitor their own performance called the Seller Dashboard.

I’d like to put context around this last detail for our good sellers: Sellers with an established track record and more than 95 percent satisfied buyers in the last 30 days will not have funds held. And, sellers on eBay will continue to receive the vast majority of payment funds much faster than other marketplaces.

D...."Sellers with an established track record and more than 95 percent satisfied buyers in the last 30 days will not have funds held"

I have a rating of 99.2% and my funds are being with held. ALSO MAKES NO SENSE!!

These are just some of the stuff that I found on Ebay concerning the limitations of Ebay and Papal. If Ebay would just go bak to the way it was, it would make things so much simpler!

Please use plain text.
striking
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yes I agree that this is bull the way ebay and paypal has limited the funds.  I also have been with ebay since the beginning, 13 going on 14 years and I have over 22000 feedbacks so I have the business.  They say they are limiting my funds because my  s/h charges are to high.  They are $1.30 s/h on my items.  I don't see that as being unreasonable.  I think ebay is getting so picky.  they want everyone to charge free shipping but if I do that I have to raise my starting prices, I don't want to do that.  What ever happened to a true actions.  It's there rules and they get to hold our money and collect the interest on it for 21 days.  They are cheating the sellers.  Who do they think they are making money off of???  Insane!!!  I wish a petition would help. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I called paypal and had my funds released, if the shipping has been completed and you are a member in good standing there is no reason why funds should be held.  I had them on the phone for a while and would not give up until they released the funds and they did. Call pay pal tell them they have all your information, credit card and bank account and they will release funds.  I had 2100.00 held with the person receiving funds and leaving feedback...they released it...it is not fair to the seller for them to hold funds when the item is received, this is only a way for ebay to make more money from the seller...call ebay, call pay pal let them know what they are doing is wrong and probably illegal..

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yes, They are holding my money as well they told me it is because i am a new seller and they are afraid i'm going to take the money and run, that is the pot calling the kettle black who is to say paypal, ebay will even be around in 21 days who could take the money and run? If there is anyone that is a lawyer that could help please help i believe what they are doing is illegal, all of us sellers lets get together and donate money to a law firm to fight this PLEASE WE HAVE TO TAKE ACTION OR NOTHING WILL BE DONE, IS THERE AN ATTORNEY, LAWYER OUT THERE WILLING TO HELP? If all the thousands of angry sellers donate $1.00 dollar we could get the help and support we need to get these rules changed who is with me?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

tthe worst thing about it is that they hold the money till 3 days after the buyer receives the money, but yet on that 3rd day the money still isnt released, they dont release it till mid day the following day!!! im getting tired of having to call paypal everyday to get my funds released from the day before!!! this is the stupidest system yet!!! so the buyer gets there item, but i cant have the money for the item if the seller isnt satified??? i dont think so!! they tell me after 90 days is up my funds will no longer going to be held, well come feb 2 if they are still holding my funds, im done!!! i am a stay at home mom, doing this ebay thing to earn extra money so i dont have to work, but at this point its not even worth it cause i get to stressed out about wether my funds will be released so i can pay my bills!!! rediculious!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Right no Ebay is asking me to pay my Ebay fees. I can't pay them because the are limiting my paypal fees. So when they release my funds they will get paid and if they suspend my account I will be pissed at them. It will be all their fault because they are holding my funds!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I just called paypal and they told me that my funds are being limited for 3 days(been a week already) and I should add funds from my bank to my paypal to ship the buyers item out and then after 3 days the funds will be reimbursed for the shipping charges. So now if I don't have the funds or I don't tie in the bank to my paypal, my buyer has to wait 3 days for the funds to be unlimited, so I can ship it out. Its stupid to say the least. Its not paypals money, its our money. So then my buyer will send me a negative feedback because my shipping time is too slow. I usually ship in one day, now I have to wait?. I don't like it this way!!!

This is bullcrap!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I have never had a bad feedback...grant it I am a new seller but I've been selling for 6 months now and my funds are held...I don't get 100 free listings like I am suppose to...when I get 50 items a month I'm charged.  I've complained but nothing has been done and I have to pay my fees or get suspended...I can go back to a brick and mortar store but with today's economy I reach more people through E-Bay...If they don't give me my funds I can't keep going.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1
My funds are all of a sudden being held. I have been with eBay for over 11 years. 100% feedback and 4643 positive feedback. I called today because my money is being held. I sold a couple of items for $78.00 and was told I have to ship it and it has to get to the buyer before I can get my money. I am thinking WTF?? They say I am have 4 people who supposedly said I charge too much for shipping?? They never filed a complaint. I charge so little for shipping and usually have to put in my own money to cover costs. I am looking into selling items on Amazon.com or not accepting Paypal as a payment method and just accepting money orders. Not very pleased with this at all!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

isn't it interesting that other companies changed their stupid ass policies when people complained enough about them. remember verizon and netflix.

I wish someone would start a twitter about this and also ebay charging fees on mailing and then limiting mailing charges on books to $4 even after the rates changed.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED EBAY AND PAYPAL. They screw you, they know they are screwing you, and are laughing right to our faces. They hold money to put into an interest bearing account for them. So after 7 days Paypal and Ebay both share the interest profit on what you sold. AND YOU DONT SEE A DIME OF THAT INTEREST. Yea you will get you money in 7 days and be charged a FVF and Paupal fee on top of that. Just another ruse by EBAY and Paypal to line their pockets even more. Most sellers have switched over to Ebid.net.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

So I sold a few items several weeks ago and my funds are still not avail. I had to send out follow up emails asking the buyer to leave feedback so I can get my money. I dont want to rely on irresponsable peoples actions inorder to get my money. They still havent left feedback. This is a screwed up system ebay has. I need to find another auction site!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Yep, well, I got scolded by more than one person, on these forums, saying that I needed to calm down.  Here is proof of all the things that I was feeling very panicky about....long time e-bay members (like myself) with perfect or near perfect feedback( like myself) not big or power sellers, just your everyday seller that started out to participate in the fun and big market of e-bay (like myself) that suddenly find themselves being punished.  With just a click, some pea-brain that thinks the shipping is too high, can get your money frozen.  I kept screaming, "you have got to be kidding me! how can I ship, etc. without my funds?"  And, I got answered, well, you are supposed to have capital, you take care of the customer and THEN, you MIGHT get your money. CAPITAL!! I am not Walmart or JC Pennys.  I am just an average person, picking up an item at flea markets or estate sales, cleaning them up, paying to list them, etc. and when I get paid, then I ship it, and use any profit to contine to find a bit of inventory.

I do believe that e-bay is wanting to purge themselves of the small selllers. Fine, just be up front and say that. Say, no more small sellers, just fixed auctions or what-ever-the-heck, it is, that is your new business strategy.  Don't try to intimidate us out of the market.  IF the small sellers are not important, not fitting your business plan, If there is no dollars being generated by them, then why is E-bay/PayPal so trigger happy to hold their little pitiful funds, until they beg for it back?

I am sticking by my statement, that there is something real incestuous about the e-bay and PP connection and something very deliberate about the new "policies". I am holding my breath, hoping to get the last of the auctions to sell off my small collection, finished, without having the e-bay bomb fall on me.  In fifty transactions, this past month, I have had two deadbeat, no payments and one that is shaping up to be.  THEY are still here, and may strike YOU, at any time, because, I can't give them feedback and warn you.

I have noticed, in my many years, that it is the folks that have not been bit, they say "oh, that dog won't bite me" and they yelp the loudest, when they finally do get bit.  Some of us, have already been growled at, and some of us, are out here, with our arm and leg, hanging by a string. We have figured out, THAT DOG WILL BITE.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

I just got off phone with Pay Pal.  First of all, I spoke with a woman that had a heavy accent that I had difficulty understanding!  Anyway, my phone call was regarding the payment holds on my account.  I pulled up the policy pertaining to payment holds and discovered that I fit every criteria for not having any payment holds!  All this woman could do was quote policies. I just can't understand the logic behind this policy.  Most of my buyers have already received their items yet I cannot access my money.  What the......! Like a lot of other sellers, I have become very frustrated with Ebay and Pay Pal's new policies and especially the new Final Shipping Fees.  I have always tried to keep my shipping and handling to a minimum.  However, I cannot lose money every time I ship, so, I am forced to pass this on to the buyer!  Sorry buyer!  And to you sellers that depend on your sells as a source of income, I feel your frustration and I am willing to sign a petition or protest on your behalf!!  United we stand!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

We've had our funds held for almost a month now. I feel terrible for my boss who is the actual owner of this account but luckily he has been able to tap into other income sources during this time. We ARE investigating ebid however, and may take our business there. PayPal and eBay won't give a **** until they really start seeing a noticeable amount of people moving in the other direction. They'll keep flogging the sellers who try and tough it out. We've complied with ALL their requests and still are constantly waiting and waiting for our money. We need to come together and either not list anything for three or four days consecutively, or find some way to let eBay feel something!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bigmoose1

Hello! I am in the same situation and i am ready to donate couple backs to resolve this problem

Please use plain text.