eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713
I meant we as a sellers*
Community Member

Hello there, I have the exact same problem and I support you, two months ago I sold a pair of bearpaw boots size 8 and I'm 100% sure both boots are the same size because my wife tried them a couple of times, now the buyer is claiming that the boots are different sizes, she even posted fake pictures with different size boots to supposedly prove that she was right, and ebay is now trying to rip me off with the cost of shipping those boots back to me and the worse part is that the buyer hasn't sent me the boots and it's been 60 days already since she made the claim, this is really frustrating, we as a buyers cant do anything against this unfair rip offs
Community Member

Join the club! Ebay allows anyone who files a complaint about any produt to steel from you. The seller is NEVER protected. 

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY, seller not protected

in reply to amor77
Horrible seller protection. Buyer received boots as described and soon after started claiming they were the wrong size to
demand a refund although the accurate size is listed. When thatdidnt work they lied and said they were not in the condition statedand would need to be resoled before they are able to be worn. Thepictures of the boots on Ebay clearly show thick soles with minor. Buyer lied on an item not as described claim to receive a full refund plus original and return shipping at a total of $159. Ebay claimed to have carefully investigated their dispute and decided in their favor. They took money from my account to refund the buyer before the item had been returned. Ebay allowed theft from my store and encouraged it. When questioned they twice claimed that since the buyer was the only person who had the item they had to take their word for it. This is not an investigation and would not stand up in court. As far as Im concerned Ebay has enabled a fraudulent claim against my reputation as a seller and allowed a customer to steal money and keep the product.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Wow! i cannot believe what just happened to me on EBAY!!! The user purchased my PS3, paid for it, filed a case and said they were returning it and did not, got a refund and then resold it on Ebay. BEWARE of user he is stealing items and reselling stolen items. EBAY is helping him to do it. I disputed his claims and they totally disregarded my dispute and refunded the money and now he has resold my PS3. 

Community Member

I agree
Community Member

The dark side of eBay is that they allow scammers to buy items, keep it for weeks and then allow them to return it after the buyer damages it. I am done with eBay.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Dear, A month ago I ordered a macbook pro. After two weeks I still haven’t received the macbook so I send multiple mails to the seller and filed a complain. The seller responded “Hi, I am so sorry about the delay. Your item will be delivered by Friday. I will be uploading tracking number tomorrow. If you don't receive it by Friday, then you can request a refund from eBay. Until then, please don't request any action by eBay because it will complicate things and it will be hard to fix. It will waste both of our times. Thank you!” So I closed the case and thought my macbook would arive in a week. Again, two weeks later I still didn’t received my macbook and I can’t reopen the case. Is there anything you can do to make money back guarantee come true? Otherwise I would lose $1650 on a macbook I didn’t got. This might be inconvenient for you, but for me that’s a lot of money.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to touch-your-sky

I share the same grieve of ecommerce scam!!!  I have always been skeptical about online purchases. And this is my first time with eBay. My husband has been an eBay client for years and encouraged me to try it even though he said it's not a perfect system, it still beats standing in long line. 

Well, I purchased a LED Bulbs mesh lighting string with Seller. The item offered FREE SHIPPING, but I paid $3.99 to expedite it.  I paid a totle of $23.98 (the item is selling for $7.69 with FREE STANDARD SHIPPING).  The item was to be sent to my RE office address. Somehow, the USPS decided that it was the incorrect address and returned it to the Seller. I received no communication whatsoever from this Seller until I sent a status request via eBay. And that's how I found out it didn't make it here.  While it was too late for our event, I felt that I can still use it for our future events. So I advised the Seller to send it back making sure the company's name is also on the label. He never attempted to do that because he asked for $10 to re-ship it!!!

The Seller then requested ebay to review this case and eBay ruled in his favor and forfeited my refund (I didn't even ask for the refund). I called ebay Customer Services and was told the same thing that they could not help me for the same reason—not the Seller’s fault!  They didn’t care that it wasn’t even my fault as the address provided was a valid address.  The CSR  suggested that I call and settle with the Seller. I asked for her Manager. Someone  got on the call. In a condescending tone, she said that she would call me back in 5 mins. That was as of 12:42pm ET Friday, 11/27. Today is 12/1 and I’ve yet to get a call back from her.

To make matter worse, eBay even rejected my appeal…once again it ruled against the consumers! I contacted the Seller and got a message from eBay that I was not allowed to contact the Seller as it could represent fraudulent! I don’t have time to scam people. This is a legitimate order and it pains me to be treated like a criminal! Doesn’t eBay have any integrity?

I have filed the complaint with BBB and will file it with the Consumer Affairs bureau. I will also send the complaint to ebay’s headquarters as well as bringing eBay and this Seller to a Small Court Claim. It’s the principle that we’re dealing with here! If eBay and this Seller can scam one customer out of a merely $23.98 plus $10 more for re-shipping, imagine how much money they would make on thousands of their victims!

Community Member

I've bought and sold on Ebay for 14yrs now. I purchased some used toddler cloths and they came with pet hair all over them and balls of fur washed into them. Filed a complaint to get the item shipped back for a refund. 

Ebay told me to have her send me the shipping label which she did. I sent it back and here's the kicker. The tracking from the package showed it went out and 2 days later it was delivered back to me on the usps site! But, in the complaint, it was clearly delivered to her. 

If that wasn't bad enough, I inadvertantly shipped a pair of Nike Track pants with the package and missed a pair of the pants that were hers and they were an off brand. 

The seller and I were in the middle of working out that fiasco and then Ebay just informed me that they ruled in her favor!! YES! Now I'm out the Nike Track pants, $$ I paid for the items and the items themselves!

Beware...there's something really really off with Ebay and it's certainly not what it used to be. I will never buy from this site again and after my items for sale are done so am I.

Community Member

They did the same to me just last month. They screwed me. No matter what I did they didn't care. Unfortunately you probably won't be sided with if you are the seller. It's bulls***
Community Member

Sorry i meant the buyer requested a return. I contacted the lawfirm.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I also contains yes the firm in California that has a class action lawsuit against eBay for my exact issue. Ebay buyer scammed me. Bought my item, seller requested a return through their ebay return policy. It was granted. It was granted even though he posted a picture of a different item and never responded since except one saying he returned what he recieved. I reported it and him numerous times. Calmed ebay over half a dozen times and followed everything they told me and got the same answer everytime... "sorry the case is closed there is nothing we can do because this is the buyer's first issue like this". Seriously? So I'm out my item and you want me to reimburse you for reimbursing him??? I told them I'm not paying and they can reverse it and keep making money from my listings and when i buy stuff from other sellers. They didn't care. So Pamela from the law firm wants my info and any proof of this. I can send it but i won't be a part of the suit because I'm In a different state They would just be using my info as more evidence against ebay. Or... they said it's a possibility they can open another class action suit in my state in my name. Not sure what I should do if anything at all. I'm just sick of eBay and what they get away with. I've been a memeber of eBay since 2003 and have 100% feedback. ridiculous!

Community Member

I just sent another message to customer service , I get the same response "don't worry we are looking at your case". IM A JUST GETTING THE ROUND AROUND, NOW I DONT HAVE AN OPTION TO REPLY BACK😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I'm a buyer and I'm having a difficult time getting my money back, returned the goods as per sellers instructions and guess what now they refuse to reply, I contacted customer service and after all the correspondence the last message from the was don't worry we are looking at your case. I followed it up since I haven't heard from them again and I get a message saying the the customer service email address is no longer available "what the". this is my first bad experience on eBay, never again I will purchase from them

Community Member

in reply to zorgg

I Agree, i have been selling on ebay for at least 10 years, and have exceeded their expectations as a seller, and have usually got my funds in my account right away. Well all of a sudden my funds are now being held! i called to ask why, and was transfered 3 time to 3 different persons, just to be told the same thing, because the last thing i sold was more then 90 days ago, they have to hold my funds.

Seems like they change their rule day to day!

So i am waiting to collect my funds, and the PULLING OUT OF EBAY AND PAYPAL! There are ALTERNATIVES out there BONANZA !

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY for iPhone6

i had ordered for iphone6 from eBAY, my paisapay id is 40574570883. When i received the courier from ebay the box was NOT PETI PACK, EAR PHONES were missing. Also ebay provided a phone which did not have several options that original iphone6 has. ITS A DEMO PHONE THAT eBAY provided (Phone that is usually available in stores for display - DEMO phone). I called up ebay on the very same day & highlighted above points. I was told by them I would be receiveing a call but no response from ebay. Tried reaching their customer care but its only 1 way (they will call if its the case of refund of money). You cant reach the Customer care team if you want refund. I was cheated & need my money back to my bank account & NOT eBay account. Kindly resolve the issue at the earliest to avoid blogs / complaints on portals & spread a bad word of mouth

Customer Care team is very rude & not at all cooperative. Whenever u call eBay waiting duration is approx 30 mins..SEEMS THEY ARE HAVING TOO MANY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY, seller not protected

in reply to zorgg
nor is it a place to buy things either. i think the seller have more of an advantage over the buyer.. with the buyer you are guilty until proven right and with the seller you are right until proven guilty. so i glad it's a no win situation. eBay is just a joke and a scam for everyone.
Community Member

in reply to jsaravia-2012

well i guess ebay are going out of their way to honor customers and be a quality company.

they send coupons that are not honored and when you call the customer service the representative act so dumb, its like i'm from out of space bring them coupons that they never heard of.

1 buying coupon which was not honored however money was taken and their resolution was, if you buy again we will honor it and you only have 1 day left before coupon expired. so i make a purchase of $600 and they want me to make another one just to honor a coupon (REALLY!!!!!)

1 seller coupon (by invitation only!) so i sell an item and 4 months now, they stopped responding to emails and everytime i call the say they are looking for resolution (it takes them 4 months to resolve a little issue that was so obvious) and their favorite sentence. "WE ARE SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THAT AT THE MOMENT, WE WILL TALK TO OUR MARKETING TEAM SO THEY CAN GIVE YOU MORE PROMOTIONS" so they can make me buy or sell more without honoring anything.

I WILL NEVER USE EBAY COUPONS AGAIN. am i going to use Ebay still? ( the question mark to this question is getting bigger and bigger). they are losing the quality work they used to have before by REALLy resolving issues rather than saying there is nothing we can do about it.

thx for your loyalty (is their favorite ending line) 

Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that terrible experience with eBay friend. I had a similar experience with Amazon a buyer literaly stole one of the items I had for sale by claiming he wanted to return the item and Amzon reimburse his money my the item was never returned to me. So I went ahead and contacted their service center to tell them I needed my money for the item I had sent to the buyer and never got an answer from them; but I continued sending emails to the service center. After a month of trying to get paid for my item I gave up and with a credit card of Amazon went ahead and placed an order of 30x the value of the money they owed me; after recieving the order sent them a final email thanking them for the payment of 30x the value of the item they stole from me and to this day I haven't pay them a penny. I encourage everyone of you that have had a bad experience with any of these companies to do that way we can teach them a lesson.