eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

[ Edited ]
in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713

EBay is notorious for over sellers! Buyer buys an item, they pay, you ship, provide tracking, and if it doesn't arrive then they give the buyer their money back, essentially holding YOU financially responsible for the entire delivery process! IT'S BULL**bleep**!

Community Member

I understand buyer protection but where the hell is seller protection. I made 5 or 6 phone calls to the so called customer service, sent 5 emails and attempted to call buyer regarding a item fully insured to give me pictures of package so I can give them to fedex and they could pick up package. Not once did buyer reply, ebay even checked to verify my messages. Buyer ignore my requests and sent back package to me which voided my 300 dollar insurance purchase. Not only did I lose out on original purchase of bottle, I lost out on the $205 the buyer still got back, plus I have to pay return shipping? WOW!!! Ebay and its foreign customer service is TOP-NOTCH. Ebay has proven it is a complete joke and has "ZERO" seller protection. Worst part about it is one of the 2 bottle sent back may have been replaced and may not even be the original one I sent. Thanks Ebay for the 12 plus years of paying you to do nothing.

Community Member

I purchased 2 items on ebay, informed the contact person that i was going to be renting a truck to pick up the unit, Lou told me that as long as I was there before 4 o'clock i was going to fine. I called and  informed the contact that i had the truck and was on my way, after driving for over 2:30, getting there at 2:15 pm I was informed that the contact was gone for the day and to call them to setup a new time againi I was there for 30 mins try to figure out what happened ,  I drove over 75 just to get there, and another 230 mins to come back. they were aware that i was on my way with a rented truck. Open a case with ebay, to find out 4 days later that they didn't care and allow for Lou to take my items again and i suffered the lost of $300 dollars. I feel that ebay protected the seller  without caring about the buyer, I know what is the job of the seller because i have done it for 16 years

Community Member

I got scammed by a buyer on eBay. I was selling a BNIB sealed bottle of perfume. He claimed that the perfume leaked and wasn't sealed, yet in his own pictures the packaging is bone dry. I called and called the number provided. They kept redirecting me from one department to another but no one did anything. The dispute was ruled in my favor, according to their own email, yet I never received the funds for the transaction. They are being withheld from me. Ebay's indian customer service isn't helping. They won't do anything. The seller has been harassing me to the point where I am getting lewd phone calls and emails from strangers. THIS IS NOT RIGHT EBAY!

Community Member

in reply to timothgregoir0

Oh how I understand, I am dealing with something close to your situation. I purchased a product that weighed 50lbs. Once I opened the product to put it together I found that it was missing a couple screws and hole. I am disabled and have no way to repackage a a 50lb item or to get it shipped. I contacted seller explaining the situation stating I would have to send for the missing screws and send the board for the missing hole which would be MUCH cheaper and easier due to my situation. I requested ONLY a partical refund and was offended with an offer of $10. The seller then refused to communicate so I had to contact ebay customer service, to make a long story short they told me there was nothing that I could do because they don't have a policy to help someone in my position and then the customer service rep named Charles went on to tell me that he was sure that I had someone that could take care of this situation and ship the item back, at my expense of course and after I had already purchased the missing screws and paid to have the hole put in the board. Needless to ay I am filing a formal complaint with BBB and consumer affairs. I am closing my account with Ebay and I hope that others read these complaints prior to doing business with Ebay. 

Community Member

Stop ebay in India... Fake product selling site... Desent way for cheat... Fraudurant company...

Community Member

[ Edited ]

I recently made a purchase to find out that the item wasn't a commercial grade product as specified. So I requested a return. The seller advertises that they accepted returns even on producta they ofder free shipping on, which the item i purcgased included free shipping. but the purchaser had to pay for return shipping. I had no problems paying the return shipping, but when they finally refunded my money they charged me for the "free" shipping which was in the amount of $239.03, when I contacted the seller they told me it was because I decided to return the item they charge for the "free" shipping. So all in ll it cost me almost 600.00 in shipping charges. When I contacted ebay to file a claim to get the $239.03 back they gave me the this is unfortunate speal, and would not make the seller refund my money. I will never do business through eBay ever again, and definatly won't order anyth I ng from the seller. I am also filing a report with consumer affairs and the BBB against both companies. This is horrible business practice and bad for all consumers and sellers that have been screwed over by ebay and their affiliated companies.

Community Member

in reply to clairelizaleo

I also was also fed the "Unfortunate" line.

clairelizaleo wrote:

Feel your pain.  I'm going through this right now and this will most likely be my last transaction with Ebay.  

Selling items on Ebay is no longer an enjoyable experience especially when Ebay automatically screws its sellers and issues judgment in favor of dishonest buyers!!!!

I recieved repackaged RAM in a KIngston package. One of the sticks was half capacity and Hynix brand, not Kingston.

Because i refused to return the RAM (I didnt want a refund, i wanted him out of business) and remove the negative listing EBAY found in favour of the "Counterfeit" and first changed my feedback, then they removed it after i raised an appeal stating they couldnt change my feedback. That also was closed with the above shown message.

What does that say about EBAY?

Community Member

in reply to mfalcon23_8

Feel your pain.  I'm going through this right now and this will most likely be my last transaction with Ebay.  

Selling items on Ebay is no longer an enjoyable experience especially when Ebay automatically screws its sellers and issues judgment in favor of dishonest buyers!!!!

Community Member

eBay would do nothing , they said it was "unfortunate"
Community Member

I had an item resold out from under me on another site. Seller said "sorry"
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I recently made a $292 purchase from  eBay; I paid immediately with PayPal just like I do with all my purchases on eBay. The seller did not ship out my item until 5 days after my purchase date of 12/16/15 and when I noticed that the item had not been listed a shipped I messaged the seller on eBay with their messaging service… the seller tried to lie and make up a lame excuse as to why the item had not shipped out within a reasonable amount of time, so I called him on his lie in a reply and told him that if the item did not show up on time and in perfect condition he could expect to receive negative feedback

On the 12/23/15 I was working outside all afternoon, when I came in I checked my phone and noticed several calls from area code 909 which is Cali and also where the item shipped out from, so I assumed it might be the trucking company calling to set up a delivery time… when the phone rang a little after 8pm I noticed it was the same number and answered the call, which turned out to be from the eBay seller who tried to bribe me for positive feedback by offering to ship me $100 worth of free parts that went along with my original purchase, and all I had to do was promise to leave positive feedback on his profile

I told him (Sam) that I would think about it, but the next morning I message him on eBay and said that I would not be accepting his offer

On 12/29/15, I received a call from the trucking company stating that the item was at their facility in my state and could be delivered between 10am and 2pm on 12/03/15 if I was available, I said I would be home all day and that was fine… at around 3pm on the 30th the item had not arrived so I called the trucking company to see why, I was told that the shipper/seller had placed a delivery hold on the item because I had not paid for the item and he had left a message telling me to call him to work out the situation… I refused to call him but I emailed proof through eBay that I had paid for the item

The estimated delivery date of 1/4/16 arrived and still no item, so on the morning of 1/5/16 I opened a eBay Buyer Protection claim against the seller for non-delivery of the item and requested a full refund. The seller generated a second shipping label through Fed-X for a second item that was picked up in PA on the 7th and left on my doorstep on the 8th, it was not the item I had purchased… it was a board game.

I contacted the trucking company who told me that the shipper/seller had requested that the item they had be sent back to him during the previous week… the tracking number for that item was different than the one that was left on my back porch, it was also shipped from CA, unlike the second item which had been left on my porch, which came from PA.

I quickly realized what the seller had done, so I logged onto my eBay account to see that the case I had opened had been closed because he called eBay and stated the item had been delivered and gave them a tracking number, so they not only closed the case, but they removed my negative feedback from the sellers account profile… I eventual got the money back, but I wanted everyone to know about the dishonest practices that some sellers on eBay do, and also that eBay allowed this seller to get away with this action even after I used over 200 minutes on my cellphone talking with several different representatives at eBay… they did absolutely nothing to this seller for doing what he did even though I provided proof of everything that I stated, they just didn’t seem to care that this seller was dishonest and used an apparent loophole in their system to get away with what he had done

The sellers feedback profile has had 38 feedback changes, which I would assume are from some of the individuals who actually took the bribes from this seller

Shame on this seller and shame on eBay for allowing him to continue to sell on their site!!!

Community Member

in reply to jomalova

Worse yet when ebay handles a complaint they never ask for the seller's point of view when making a decision. They just make a decision give the buyer their money and help themselves to your cash. There is now way to for the seller to ever dispute the decision. I lost my money and never got my product back. I think unsavory buyers have figured out the system.

Community Member

I meant we as a sellers*
Community Member

Hello there, I have the exact same problem and I support you, two months ago I sold a pair of bearpaw boots size 8 and I'm 100% sure both boots are the same size because my wife tried them a couple of times, now the buyer is claiming that the boots are different sizes, she even posted fake pictures with different size boots to supposedly prove that she was right, and ebay is now trying to rip me off with the cost of shipping those boots back to me and the worse part is that the buyer hasn't sent me the boots and it's been 60 days already since she made the claim, this is really frustrating, we as a buyers cant do anything against this unfair rip offs
Community Member

Join the club! Ebay allows anyone who files a complaint about any produt to steel from you. The seller is NEVER protected. 

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY, seller not protected

in reply to amor77
Horrible seller protection. Buyer received boots as described and soon after started claiming they were the wrong size to
demand a refund although the accurate size is listed. When thatdidnt work they lied and said they were not in the condition statedand would need to be resoled before they are able to be worn. Thepictures of the boots on Ebay clearly show thick soles with minor. Buyer lied on an item not as described claim to receive a full refund plus original and return shipping at a total of $159. Ebay claimed to have carefully investigated their dispute and decided in their favor. They took money from my account to refund the buyer before the item had been returned. Ebay allowed theft from my store and encouraged it. When questioned they twice claimed that since the buyer was the only person who had the item they had to take their word for it. This is not an investigation and would not stand up in court. As far as Im concerned Ebay has enabled a fraudulent claim against my reputation as a seller and allowed a customer to steal money and keep the product.
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Wow! i cannot believe what just happened to me on EBAY!!! The user purchased my PS3, paid for it, filed a case and said they were returning it and did not, got a refund and then resold it on Ebay. BEWARE of user he is stealing items and reselling stolen items. EBAY is helping him to do it. I disputed his claims and they totally disregarded my dispute and refunded the money and now he has resold my PS3. 

Community Member

I agree
Community Member

The dark side of eBay is that they allow scammers to buy items, keep it for weeks and then allow them to return it after the buyer damages it. I am done with eBay.