eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to zorgg

I Agree, i have been selling on ebay for at least 10 years, and have exceeded their expectations as a seller, and have usually got my funds in my account right away. Well all of a sudden my funds are now being held! i called to ask why, and was transfered 3 time to 3 different persons, just to be told the same thing, because the last thing i sold was more then 90 days ago, they have to hold my funds.

Seems like they change their rule day to day!

So i am waiting to collect my funds, and the PULLING OUT OF EBAY AND PAYPAL! There are ALTERNATIVES out there BONANZA !

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY for iPhone6

in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713

i had ordered for iphone6 from eBAY, my paisapay id is 40574570883. When i received the courier from ebay the box was NOT PETI PACK, EAR PHONES were missing. Also ebay provided a phone which did not have several options that original iphone6 has. ITS A DEMO PHONE THAT eBAY provided (Phone that is usually available in stores for display - DEMO phone). I called up ebay on the very same day & highlighted above points. I was told by them I would be receiveing a call but no response from ebay. Tried reaching their customer care but its only 1 way (they will call if its the case of refund of money). You cant reach the Customer care team if you want refund. I was cheated & need my money back to my bank account & NOT eBay account. Kindly resolve the issue at the earliest to avoid blogs / complaints on portals & spread a bad word of mouth

Customer Care team is very rude & not at all cooperative. Whenever u call eBay waiting duration is approx 30 mins..SEEMS THEY ARE HAVING TOO MANY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY, seller not protected

in reply to zorgg
nor is it a place to buy things either. i think the seller have more of an advantage over the buyer.. with the buyer you are guilty until proven right and with the seller you are right until proven guilty. so i glad it's a no win situation. eBay is just a joke and a scam for everyone.
Community Member

in reply to jsaravia-2012

well i guess ebay are going out of their way to honor customers and be a quality company.

they send coupons that are not honored and when you call the customer service the representative act so dumb, its like i'm from out of space bring them coupons that they never heard of.

1 buying coupon which was not honored however money was taken and their resolution was, if you buy again we will honor it and you only have 1 day left before coupon expired. so i make a purchase of $600 and they want me to make another one just to honor a coupon (REALLY!!!!!)

1 seller coupon (by invitation only!) so i sell an item and 4 months now, they stopped responding to emails and everytime i call the say they are looking for resolution (it takes them 4 months to resolve a little issue that was so obvious) and their favorite sentence. "WE ARE SORRY, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THAT AT THE MOMENT, WE WILL TALK TO OUR MARKETING TEAM SO THEY CAN GIVE YOU MORE PROMOTIONS" so they can make me buy or sell more without honoring anything.

I WILL NEVER USE EBAY COUPONS AGAIN. am i going to use Ebay still? ( the question mark to this question is getting bigger and bigger). they are losing the quality work they used to have before by REALLy resolving issues rather than saying there is nothing we can do about it.

thx for your loyalty (is their favorite ending line) 

Community Member

I'm sorry to hear that terrible experience with eBay friend. I had a similar experience with Amazon a buyer literaly stole one of the items I had for sale by claiming he wanted to return the item and Amzon reimburse his money my the item was never returned to me. So I went ahead and contacted their service center to tell them I needed my money for the item I had sent to the buyer and never got an answer from them; but I continued sending emails to the service center. After a month of trying to get paid for my item I gave up and with a credit card of Amazon went ahead and placed an order of 30x the value of the money they owed me; after recieving the order sent them a final email thanking them for the payment of 30x the value of the item they stole from me and to this day I haven't pay them a penny. I encourage everyone of you that have had a bad experience with any of these companies to do that way we can teach them a lesson.
Community Member

in reply to hathorncouriersptyltd
in reply to kasperjani123

Sorry did not mean to post yet without spelling check ETC.

Wow,

I have never been on eBay chat before but from the quick glance it seems I'm not the only one who is not impressed.

I am mainly a buyer. You will see I have excellent feedback and do not muck people around ever. I am sorry to hear a lot of you sellers have had a lot of problems with buyer's.

I hope you guys can help me. I have posted what has happened to me with the GSP. I do not hold the seller responsible as you will see in my post. I am however very angry that eBay will not provide any information to me so that I may be able to find the missing item and the over $600 AU lose that comes with it.

Can any of you offer any advise ?. I am hoping if I can find other members that have been shafted by eBay in Australia that I can go to the media and let them know how eBay treats their members. After reading the aweful expereinces of a large number of you sellers if your based in Australia perhaps we can approach them together and they could do a story on eBay from both sides??

Hope you guys can help.

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Community Member

in reply to kasperjani123

Wow,

I have never been on eBay chat before but from the quick glance it seems I'm not the only one who is not impressed.

I am mainly a buyer. You will see I have excellent feedback and do not much people around ever. I am soory to hear a lot of you sellers have had a lot of problems with buyer's.

I hope you guys can help me. I have posted what has happened to me with the GSP. I do not hold the seller responsible as you will see in my post. I am however very angry that eBay will not provide any information to me so that I may be able to find the missing item,

Can any of you offer any advise ?. I am hoping if I can find other members that have bee shafted by eBay in Australia that I can go to the media and let them know how eBay treats their members. After reading the aweful expereinces of a large number of you sellers if your based in Australia perhaps we can approach them together and they could do a story on eBay from both sides??

Hope you guys can help.

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Community Member

sold few items on ebay for a free listings and only after I've sold the items ebay asked me for seller fees which was never mentioned before and I think is not fair if I've been told how much they will charge me I would never bothered to sell them over ebay.Sold items for £520 and been charged £53 which I think is a rip-off,sold car on Autotrader.co.uk for £999 and only been charged £25 for two week advertisment,all my profit gone for those fees,so I don't think I will ever gonna be selling on ebay again.Man Mad

Community Member

in reply to menzwear2000

EBAY IS THE WORST VENUE TO SELL ANYTHING ON. IF A BUYER DOESN'T PAY, THEYDO NOTHING TO SUPPORT THE SELLER. EBAY IS BUYER FRIENDLY - BUY ANYTHING YOU WANT AND DON'T PAY - DON'T WORRY - EBAY WON'T TAKE ACTION AGAINST YOU. BUT THEY WILL KEEP THE SELLERS FEES EVEN IF THE ITEM NEVER SOLD BECAUSE THE BUYER DIDN'T PAY. JUST SOLD A PIECE OF JEWELRY FOR $1500 AND THE BUYER DIDN'T PAY AND EBAY KEPT THEIR 10% SELLER FEE OF $150.00 AND IS GIVING ME A HARD TIME ABOUT GETTING MY MONEY BACK. I'M OUT $150.00. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM IN THE UNITED STATES. PEOPLE HEAR EBAY AND THEY THINK IT'S A GREAT WAY TO BUY AND SELL, HOWEVER EBAY HAS EVERYTHING SET-UP TO RIP YOU OFF. PLEASE DON'T SELL ON EBAY.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

I would be ebay isnt letting people put anything but positive comments. So the rating system anymore means nothing.

Community Member

in reply to twinklingaura

Sellers need to stop selling on eBay for awhile to get some changes made.  

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to eddard11

Do you really think Donahoe cares?  

Community Member

in reply to zorgg

True  that ALL seelers eventually get worked over by eBay.  Absoutely a no-win sitauatin for sellers but a great place for scammers to ply their trade.   

Community Member

in reply to maplescones_fashions

Actaully, there is no way to stop scammers.  eBay protects them.   Go figure?  

Community Member

in reply to treasurefinder013

AMEN! 

Community Member

in reply to mu66stanger
I would NOT sell internationally then...AT ALL...
Community Member

in reply to passline
Won't do them any good whatsoever to have a million buyers if there are NO sellers...Case closed
Community Member

Sold an antique pin to a buyer in a buy it now transaction a week ago, went fine, even left the buyer feedback. Get a email today telling me that the item's condition was not what was pictured in my photos and she wants some money back to "make herself feel better". Buyers remorse. A few days ago she also sent me an email asking me where I had bought it and if the item had ever had a "make an offer" offer on it. Thought it was a strange question at the time seeing as she already paid in full for it but now it all makes sense. Item was clearly photographed, item was measured and information was given.

Contacted eBay, they told me there was nothing to be done until she opens a dispute on her end.

Is there any way to stop this woman from getting my money and my item because I have a feeling that's what's coming next. Thanks.
Community Member

in reply to amor77

Ebay is NO LONGER A SAFE PLACE TO SELL ITEMS.   

Community Member

[ Edited ]

I sold a pair of shoes to Australia. He immediately complained about the high shipping price. So, being a nice person I found a less expensive way to ship his item but it had no tracking international. The guy and eBay screwed me because my receipt was not enough to prove that he received them. So, he told eBay he didn't get them, and they refunded all his money plus I lost $45 more in shipping charges. This site is a joke, not protecting the seller.  I have tried to delete my account but they won't because they said I have to wait 30 days after a transaction to delete it. I would not sell or buy anything ever again on this god forsaken site and I have used social media to expose the lying, cheating scumbag who stole my merchandise since eBay won't even let me leave him negative feedback.  Don't waste your time, Amazon is the way to go. It is a bigger company,  faster shipping, free shipping for prime, and you are protected. Ebay is s all about themselves and their profits, they don't care about the seller.