eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713

ebay is having sucha bad sellers like

manro.mktg . i purchased a samsung galaxy grand mobile flip cover worth 700 on march 6th 2014.
as soon as i recieved my item, it looed so bad then i money i gave. it looks old and used ( side rubbers was also worn out). I raised complain on same day for exhange but no response for 2-3 days.then i got a mail to sent screenshots i sent it 2 to 3 times on every time they mailed me to do so.such a rude and bad mailing manners they have. they asked me to call on "plz reach us at 9033007233 after 6.00pm all your issues would be solved."is this how a seller should behave ?? i want to ask ebay
has they built up a name of ebay having this kind of animals  types of sellers???who doesnt even know how to behave with customer? Moreover on april 6th i got a call to close my request and promising i wil get my money refund + 10% of discount on next purchase. forget about refundi dint even got the amount i paid? this is cheating to me. ebay and its sellers cheat people this way showing something and selling something else on ebay. if you try to connect to chat miss shwetha.G Customer Support Chat Transcript - SR# 1-25270039528

ended chat when i was just telling my problem.

i am fed up contacting ebay this way again and again. i feel cheated by ebay. i recommened every one of my friends in office to purchase mobile vcovers from ebay but after facing this i am scared of shooping online from ebay. ebay cheats.

20140325_105730.jpg
Community Member

I just got bit by the EBay Buyer Protection program in a big way. I sold an item which the buyer received then immediately said the item "was not as listed", which I knew was wrong. When the item was returned to me, it was not the item I sent him. Same item but in **bleep**py shape. I had no recourse and eBay paid him anyway. We, as sellers, HAVE NO RECOURSE. And we have no say. Even when I said that I did not support the refund because everything he was saying was wrong...they refunded his money anyway. THEIR DECISION, but I am responsible for the money. The buyer made the choice to buy the item, but has no responsibility. It's not fair and I really feel eBay doesn't care...just as long as they get their money.
Community Member

in reply to bush101101

I had somebody return the item totally broken and of course, the buyer was sided with and the seller screwed, again.

Community Member

in reply to beluga_4_me

who is the next highest competitor? I am going there too. FED UP with their issues.

Community Member

in reply to kittens2211

Got the same things happen on me too.

Buy from ebay. Got the products was broken.

Seller no respond, I open case at ebay.

ebay advise me ship it back asap, seller agree to give be full refund within 3 days.

Finally, ebay told me sorry no refund.

Even they not explain why it is no refund, only tell case is close.

What happen with ebay now!!

I paid for the items I brought, I paid for the return shipping charges.

With NO REFUND!!!

I try to find how to contact with ebay. But it is very difficult.

Anyway, I used different way to contact with ebay services.

They transfer and transfer to the person I can talk with.

Only they can do is request the seller for refund.

But they can not grantee they will make the refund.

Bye now ebay.

This is no protection!!

I advise all ebayer has to be consider and ask ebay details about the buyer protection before they ship it back.

Community Member

in reply to mgz134
I bet that woman you dealt with was from Australia as they are so negative happy there
Community Member

in reply to bordeauxol999
Then go to wallmart....lol
Community Member

I could not have said it any better

Community Member

It does not matter to ebay. They got you bent over--and I will not go into the details. Insureance--PO now provides 50.00--UPS 100.00 you are covered, except UPS will do everything in their power to keep from paying.

Trust me, I hate ebay, ups, usps and any other entity that has gotten too big for its own good.  Their goal is to fatten the bottom line and they will lie, cheat and steal to make it get bigger..

Sellers, it is stacked againest us no matter how you percieve it to be, My own personal website is the only place I do not get screwed, and i make sure my customers do not get screwed. We all play fair or not at all!

God Bless and have agreat day

Community Member

in reply to jada801

I just took everything off E-Bay. You have no seller support, USPS has distroyed shipments that were properly packaged an fragile written all over the Boxes. Fagile means nothing to USPS any longer and you can not win a claim with them. I will keep my stuff and sell it at the flea market or yard sales. Pal Pal and E-Bay are the only ones getting rich.. I'm done..

tlc9313

Community Member

in reply to beluga_4_me

You are right. Ebay will do nothing to protect you as a seller from bad buyers. I loose money all the time to dishonest buyers. I do what they want beacuse I know Ebay will not help me. I just had a case today. To prove my point Ebay said they could do nothing to help. I should have known better than to ever try to call. So I just mark it up as a loss. It's that 1% of dishonest people that make this a unhappy experience along with ebays unfair practices.

Community Member

in reply to hondamedic

I bought a spin dryer on here that was not as discribed it didnt work and ebay was in my favor but I had to pay return shipping, but instead of the shipping costing 35.00 like the sellerpaid I have to ship it to hawaii instead of oregon where it came from so it will cost me 87.00. The item cost 100.00 so im out 100.00. I ask ebay about sending it back to where it came from and they maybe the seller had a warehouse in hawaii and I had to send it there instead or portland oregon, how is this fair Im out 100.00.

Community Member

in reply to dja_danie

dja_danie wrote:

In regards to the Ebay category limits for new sellers. After being awake for twenty six hours straight, typing descriptions for my products I find out that I can only post one product per month in category 179 "PC Desktops & All-In-Ones". As you can imagine I was a little frustrated. After I find this out I contact customer support and we discuss my selling strategy and my business plan, the representative ensures me I can get the limit removed once I call back with my tax identification number. I go to my store and get my TIN and return home. When I call back the next representative I speak to refuses to refuses to honor the first representatives agreement, and calls the first representative a liar. I have been using Ebay for years and have never been treated with disrespect like this. I would rather not have to cancel my account and to with a competitor, but business is business. I have three hundred desktops, and another two hundred laptops in my warehouse. A limit is fine I can sell over time, but one per month I can’t do.  

Daniel J. King
Senior Vice President
Elemental-Systems Inc.

You forgot to call them a "NAZI company" like you did in all your other spam posts.

Community Member

[ Edited ]

In regards to the Ebay category limits for new sellers. After being awake for twenty six hours straight, typing descriptions for my products I find out that I can only post one product per month in category 179 "PC Desktops & All-In-Ones". As you can imagine I was a little frustrated. After I find this out I contact customer support and we discuss my selling strategy and my business plan, the representative ensures me I can get the limit removed once I call back with my tax identification number. I go to my store and get my TIN and return home. When I call back the next representative I speak to refuses to refuses to honor the first representatives agreement, and calls the first representative a liar. I have been using Ebay for years and have never been treated with disrespect like this. I would rather not have to cancel my account and to with a competitor, but business is business. I have three hundred desktops, and another two hundred laptops in my warehouse. A limit is fine I can sell over time, but one per month I can’t do.  

Daniel
Senior Vice President
Elemental-Systems Inc.

Community Member

EBAY JUST KICKED ME OFF FROM SELLING I HAVE A 92 PLUS POSITIVE RATING AND I SELL ROUGHLY ABOUT 6 ITEMS A WEEK AND THEIR REASON WAS THEY WARNED ME TO GET MY DESCRIPTIONS BETTER ON ITEMS AS DESCRIBED AND THAT WAS IT, THEY DIDNT SAY THAT IF YOU DONT DESCRIBE YOUR ITEMS BETTER WERE GONNA JUST TAKE ALL YOUR LISTINGS OFF AND INDEFINITELY KICK YOU OFF NOW, WHEN EVER WE FEELLIKE IT WITHOUT WARNING, EBAY HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE I STARTED NEARLY 2 YEARS AGO, WE AS THE SELLERS GO AND SEARCH DO OUR HOMEWORK ON ITEMS TO FIND THE WANT AND VALUE FOT THE ITEM AND WE SELL IT CHEAP GET CHARGED 10 PERCENT AND STILL THE BUYER HAS THE SAY SO WHEN IT COMES TO EVERYTHING FOR EXAMPLE I GOT A NEGATIVE FROM A PERSON WHO PURCHASED A COUPLE OF KNIVES FOR $10.00 AND WHEN I WAS PACKING THEM THEY GOT DAMAGED SO I REFUNDED THEIR MONEY RIGHT AWAY AND THEY CALLED ME A LIAR AND OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REPEAT SO I REPORTED THEM TO EBAY AND A MONTH LATER EBAY ALLOWED THEM TO LEAVE ME A NEGATIVE MARK NOT NEUTRAL BUT NEGATIVE I ARGUED WITH EBAY ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR AND THEY SAID CAUSE I DIDNT LET THEM RESPOND TO ME FIRST BEFORE REFUNDING THEM ABOUT THE ITEM BEING DAMAGED THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO LEAVE ME A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK NOW IS THAT RIGHT?    

Community Member

in reply to jada801
i feel the buyer has no protection either, i just got majorly screwed as a buyer, actually got kicked off ebay after letting it rip that i got burned.
Community Member

i got screwed as a buyer too, seems its your word against theirs. I'm done with ebay
Community Member

EBay makes all their money off sellers and offers them little protection to no protection. Everything is about the buyer to them. Well why don't you rely on them for making money? Maybe you could charge them a buyer's premium and ease up on the sellers a little. Ebay who owns PayPal nearly strong arms everyone into using this service to get moire money from you.......One day I believe Ebay will face a very large class action suit & I LIVE FOR THAT DAY!......

Community Member

eBay is de vauleing the market place with these fraud polices
Bad customer service
High seller fees
Diss honesty

America should stand up
All we do is sit on our butts

I heard that there isn't even a corp OFFICE !
It's just like tells marketers running the show !
Community Member

It's just a matter of time they will weed out middle class even on eBay !