eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to picking10

Ebay only cares about Ebay and not the sellers. They decide claims without asking for the sellers side of the problem just as a mother does with a 3yr old. They should look over their sholder because Amazon and others are right behind them.

Please use plain text.
amartistic10
Community Member

in reply to thehondamxer4life

I use to think the buyer always had the advantage too BUT I just paid $75. + shipping.  She showed 3 pictures of a """bright red""" handbag - I was in a "Search RED handbag"

catagory.  The bag arrived - BURGUNDY OR MAROON - VERY DARK!!!  SHE ALSO 

STATED IN DESCRIPTION """RED""".  So I was angry after spending hours finding what I wanted (good condition designer bag)...I told her I also wanted her to pay for the return shipping - she said "NO. THE PURSE IS RED".  I opened a case - then got a notice from eBay she agreed to refund for purse AND her $8.50 s/h.  But, eBay said I had to pay for the return shipping AND A SIGNED DELIVERY RECEIPT.  At P.O. today they weighed it and it will cost me $12.50 to return it!  CASE MARKED """""CLOSED""""  THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT AN EARTH HUMAN AT THE UNFAIRNESS OF HER MISCATAGORIZING THE ITEM.

No big deal you say - are you 77 years old and living on your Social Security?  Of course I will survive but it is THE PRINCIPLE HERE AND THE COMPLETE UNFAIRNESS OF MY TIME AND ANGUISH AT HER MEAN WORDS.

I HATE EBAY'S POWER TO SAY SCREW YOU TO ALL OF US AS THEY ARE SO BIG 

BUT I WILL PROBABLY USE IT LESS AND LESS.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to hondamedic

hondamedic wrote:

I am officially done Selling on ebay, because of this exact issue! Ebay is absolute bull **bleep**, and the Seller has no protection. I wish all sellers would just tell ebay to suck it! It's gotten expensive to sell on here and you have NO protection against buyers who can do whatever the hell they want.......... EBAY SUCKS

But there was an announcement about the new terrific seller protection policies, just recently...[wink] :womanwink:I must say, the feedback protection for sellers seems to be much better now than it was in the past. However, I think PayPal has a lot of room left for improvement.

Please use plain text.
picking10
Community Member

in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713
PLEASE NOTE -
IT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF EBAYS UNWANTED INTRUSION INTO MY BUSINESS THAT I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD. THEY HAVE A HABIT OF BEING A HUGE BURDEN IN MY LIFE - INTERFERING FOR NO REASON JUST TO SHOW THEY CAN. I TRIED TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT TO THEM ABOUT THEIR APPALLING BEHAVIOUR REGARDING INTERFERING WITH MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT TODAY BUT OF COURSE THERE ARE NO MEANS OF COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM.
ALREADY I HAVE CEASED TRADING ON EBAY AND GIVING THEM THEIR FEES  BECAUSE OF THEIR UNREASONABLE, UNWANTED INTERFERENCE AND CONSTANT MONITORING OF MYSELF AND MY ACCOUNT THERE FOR NO REASON, AND NOW, AS SADLY THEY ARE THE OWNERS OF PAYPAL, THEY HAVE NOW STARTED USING THEIR INTERFERENCE WITH THAT BUSINESS ON ME TO MAKE INTRUSIONS INTO MY LIFE. I HAD NO INTENTIONS OF CHANGING MY PASSWORD AS MY ACCOUNT HAS ALWAYS RUN SMOOTHLY BUT DUE TO A COUPLE OF EMPLOYEES APPALLING BEHAVIOUR I HAVE NOW HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD AT PAYPAL IN ORDER TO USE MY ACCOUNT. I HATE HAVING TO BE PART OF THIS MONOPOLY BUT AFTER GIVING THEM A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY IN THE PAST BY MY SALES ON EBAY I HAVE NOW DECIDED NEVER TO GIVE THEM ANY MONEY THAT WAY AGAIN - BECAUSE OF THEIR UNWARRANTED UNRULY BEHAVIOUR.
IF I COULD FIND A WAY OF GETTING THIS MESSAGE TO EBAY I WOULD BUT OF COURSE THEY COVER THEIR TRACKS SO THEIR APPALLING BEHAVIOUR CANNOT BE COMPLAINED ABOUT.
THIS IS A TRUE SWORN STATEMENT.
J. GRAHAM

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Pretty ridiculous suggestion----buy fr high volume sellers only??? Really? Doesn't everyone start from small numbers. Come on...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Everything you said is TRUE. EBay manipulates sellers with lousy unfair policies and it makes us the "bad guy" in all situations. I just had them rule again in favor of another dishonest buyer who claims she didn't receive an item which tracking clearlyproves she did!! They refunded her money from my account and now I have no item or payment for the freaking skirt I sold. I am thoroughly disgusted with this organization and their one-sided decisions. It's just not worth the aggravation to sellers. Their fees are too high and they outsource customer service jobs to the Philipines. (Nothing against Philopinos because I like the people), but that isn't keeping jobs here in the USA.
I was selling an average of $800-$1,300 per month and paying eBay lots of money in fees, but now I am going to stop selling and use Craigslist for free. I don't need to be treated in the disrespect way that eBay treats their sellers. We are customers too. X
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Everything you said is TRUE. EBay manipulates sellers in a way that is disrespectful and makes us the "bad guy" in all situations. I just had them rule AGAIN in favor of another dishonest buyer who claims she didn't receive an item which tracking CLEARLY proves she did!! They refunded her money from my account and now I have NO ITEM or PAYMENT for the freaking skirt I sold. I am thoroughly disgusted with this organization and their one-sided decisions. It's just not worth the aggravation to sellers. Their fees are too high and BESIDES THAT, THEY OUTSOURCE AMERICAN JOBS IN THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT.
That's not the way to conduct business.
Please use plain text.
norm2tech4u
Community Member

THE POST OFFICE IN LOS ANGELES LOSES ITEMS ALL THE TIME AND THEIR REPLY IS OH WELL. IF IT GET LOST YOUR OUT MONEY ,JUST INSURE 100.00 OR MORE

Please use plain text.
barbierocks-usa
Community Member

in reply to dr_bill_us

It's YOUR job to look at feedback and determine this?  Who is the moron?  Excuse me for being blunt...but you gotta do your homework here.  You have "buyer protection" so what are you worried about.  Ebay/Paypal makes good for it.

Please use plain text.
barbierocks-usa
Community Member

in reply to bush101101

There is an option to file against a buyer.  Try it.  It does work, I've used it.  BUT...unfortunatley I got the feedback remark removed, but the count remained.

Keep fighting for your rights with Ebay.  You have to be deovoted and actually write letters and make phone calls.  It doesn't just happen.

Please use plain text.
barbierocks-usa
Community Member

Um...first of all I DO NOT use Ebay to ship with.  If you feel insurance is necessary... take it out yourself or ship with UPS.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

ankhhoodiegirl713 wrote:

Well, Sellers, doesn't matter if the buyer doesn't get insurance because in the rare event the item they won somehow gets lost in shipping, (not your fault, you had Tracking), Ebay will ALWAYS find in favor of the buyer and guess who pays? That's right, YOU the Seller!  So I say, don't bother telling your buyers that they need to buy insurance because either way, they're covered. But you as the seller, are SCREWED!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

I have got the Bajaj Grill Sandwich Toaster SWX4 but its broken and damaged. I have asked for replacement they have said it will take 20 days. I need the product urgently, why to wait for so many days. This is the very bad service and they do not provide any escalation desk number or manager number. I am not at all satisfied with the service....

Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

in reply to gideon13

Ebay is rip off

gideon13 wrote:

The entire system is rigged for "cash retention" (by ebay and PayPal). Anything that can successfully be covered out of the sellers' pocket will be.

Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to picart6617

I'd like ebay to corect me! The problem is THEY DON'T

picart6617 wrote:

I am a new seller. Ebay screw me up big time.

picart6617 wrote:

Suggestions for eBay:

-Be an expert in items that sellers are listing

-view professionally every item descriptions and pictures before allowing seller to list it

-correct and advise new sellers in their descriptions BEFORE LISTING APPROVAL

- require sellers TO GET DIPLOMA in order to become a seller

-educate new sellers with advise, notes, connection before punishing them for making mistakes. Simply do not allow listing!

-stay on top of listing. Filter, control before buyer pointed that item it's fake or not as described.

-sellers and buyers depend/rely and trust ebay

Thank you

ankhhoodiegirl713 wrote:

Well, Sellers, doesn't matter if the buyer doesn't get insurance because in the rare event the item they won somehow gets lost in shipping, (not your fault, you had Tracking), Ebay will ALWAYS find in favor of the buyer and guess who pays? That's right, YOU the Seller!  So I say, don't bother telling your buyers that they need to buy insurance because either way, they're covered. But you as the seller, are SCREWED!

I'd likr ebay to correct me. The problem is THEY DON'T

Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

in reply to picart6617

I am a new seller. Ebay screw me up big time.

picart6617 wrote:

Suggestions for eBay:

-view professionally every item descriptions and pictures before allowing seller to list it

-educate new sellers with advise, notes, connection before punishing them for making mistakes. Simply do not allow listing!

-stay on top of listing. Filter, control before buyer pointed that item it's fake or not as described.

Thank you

ankhhoodiegirl713 wrote:

-

Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

in reply to picart6617
Sellers are screwed big time thanks to ebay staff
Please use plain text.
zyonite
Community Member

in reply to robert33770
Well Robert, this is why you play by Ebay/Paypal's rules when it comes to buyer protection instead of trusting your seller, always be aware of your buyer protection period while you listen to a suspected seller's empty promises, especially if the seller is from Hong Kong or China as stall tactic is a common sight there.

People complain that the Ebay changes segregate buyers and sellers, causing many to go straight to filing cases and/or leaving seller less than favourable feedback, but there's a reason for that.
When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

in reply to kittens2211
Global Shipping program IS A RIP OFF
Please use plain text.
picart6617
Community Member

Suggestions for eBay:

Thank you

ankhhoodiegirl713 wrote:

-

Please use plain text.