eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to dja_danie

dja_danie wrote:

In regards to the Ebay category limits for new sellers. After being awake for twenty six hours straight, typing descriptions for my products I find out that I can only post one product per month in category 179 "PC Desktops & All-In-Ones". As you can imagine I was a little frustrated. After I find this out I contact customer support and we discuss my selling strategy and my business plan, the representative ensures me I can get the limit removed once I call back with my tax identification number. I go to my store and get my TIN and return home. When I call back the next representative I speak to refuses to refuses to honor the first representatives agreement, and calls the first representative a liar. I have been using Ebay for years and have never been treated with disrespect like this. I would rather not have to cancel my account and to with a competitor, but business is business. I have three hundred desktops, and another two hundred laptops in my warehouse. A limit is fine I can sell over time, but one per month I can’t do.  

Daniel J. King
Senior Vice President
Elemental-Systems Inc.

You forgot to call them a "NAZI company" like you did in all your other spam posts.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713

In regards to the Ebay category limits for new sellers. After being awake for twenty six hours straight, typing descriptions for my products I find out that I can only post one product per month in category 179 "PC Desktops & All-In-Ones". As you can imagine I was a little frustrated. After I find this out I contact customer support and we discuss my selling strategy and my business plan, the representative ensures me I can get the limit removed once I call back with my tax identification number. I go to my store and get my TIN and return home. When I call back the next representative I speak to refuses to refuses to honor the first representatives agreement, and calls the first representative a liar. I have been using Ebay for years and have never been treated with disrespect like this. I would rather not have to cancel my account and to with a competitor, but business is business. I have three hundred desktops, and another two hundred laptops in my warehouse. A limit is fine I can sell over time, but one per month I can’t do.  

Daniel
Senior Vice President
Elemental-Systems Inc.

Community Member

EBAY JUST KICKED ME OFF FROM SELLING I HAVE A 92 PLUS POSITIVE RATING AND I SELL ROUGHLY ABOUT 6 ITEMS A WEEK AND THEIR REASON WAS THEY WARNED ME TO GET MY DESCRIPTIONS BETTER ON ITEMS AS DESCRIBED AND THAT WAS IT, THEY DIDNT SAY THAT IF YOU DONT DESCRIBE YOUR ITEMS BETTER WERE GONNA JUST TAKE ALL YOUR LISTINGS OFF AND INDEFINITELY KICK YOU OFF NOW, WHEN EVER WE FEELLIKE IT WITHOUT WARNING, EBAY HAS BEEN A PROBLEM SINCE I STARTED NEARLY 2 YEARS AGO, WE AS THE SELLERS GO AND SEARCH DO OUR HOMEWORK ON ITEMS TO FIND THE WANT AND VALUE FOT THE ITEM AND WE SELL IT CHEAP GET CHARGED 10 PERCENT AND STILL THE BUYER HAS THE SAY SO WHEN IT COMES TO EVERYTHING FOR EXAMPLE I GOT A NEGATIVE FROM A PERSON WHO PURCHASED A COUPLE OF KNIVES FOR $10.00 AND WHEN I WAS PACKING THEM THEY GOT DAMAGED SO I REFUNDED THEIR MONEY RIGHT AWAY AND THEY CALLED ME A LIAR AND OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REPEAT SO I REPORTED THEM TO EBAY AND A MONTH LATER EBAY ALLOWED THEM TO LEAVE ME A NEGATIVE MARK NOT NEUTRAL BUT NEGATIVE I ARGUED WITH EBAY ON THE PHONE FOR AN HOUR AND THEY SAID CAUSE I DIDNT LET THEM RESPOND TO ME FIRST BEFORE REFUNDING THEM ABOUT THE ITEM BEING DAMAGED THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO LEAVE ME A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK NOW IS THAT RIGHT?    

Community Member

in reply to jada801
i feel the buyer has no protection either, i just got majorly screwed as a buyer, actually got kicked off ebay after letting it rip that i got burned.
Community Member

in reply to bordeauxol999
i got screwed as a buyer too, seems its your word against theirs. I'm done with ebay
Community Member

EBay makes all their money off sellers and offers them little protection to no protection. Everything is about the buyer to them. Well why don't you rely on them for making money? Maybe you could charge them a buyer's premium and ease up on the sellers a little. Ebay who owns PayPal nearly strong arms everyone into using this service to get moire money from you.......One day I believe Ebay will face a very large class action suit & I LIVE FOR THAT DAY!......

Community Member

eBay is de vauleing the market place with these fraud polices
Bad customer service
High seller fees
Diss honesty

America should stand up
All we do is sit on our butts

I heard that there isn't even a corp OFFICE !
It's just like tells marketers running the show !
Community Member

It's just a matter of time they will weed out middle class even on eBay !
Community Member

Pretty soon everything on eBay will be made in Japan and like everything the japenese money is stronger and there is more of it
So everyone will get what they pay for
**bleep**
Community Member

People do not care
They don't care if you have children
They just want to waist everyone's time
Be hatful
And they know that eBay will back them
And eBay is so rich now they don't really even care about you or your mother !
Community Member

in reply to damesusie

I have been fortunate and have only had a few instances that an item either was misrepresented or didn't arrive in the promised time.  For me, I find that you must take charge as a buyer and give parameters of time frame and what and when you expect action, that way you do not miss the time frame and the dispute and resolution if you have not been treated fairly. Jut my opinion on what worked for me.

Community Member

in reply to bush101101

Contacting e-bay and getting thru is half the battle.The other half is getting something done by a robot aka e-bays customer service.In a word, JOKE!!!

Community Member

in reply to russelld3lp0rto

This is %100 percent true.Anybody that wants something for nothing should shop on e-bay.They get there item, say it's not as described and ebay will CHEERFULLY refund there money which is your's the seller!!! This is a scam that is growing by leaps and bounds and of course e-bay doesn't have a clue!! Did I forget to mention the item they bought you will never see.

Community Member

in reply to beluga_4_me

i'M WITH YOU ON THAT! E BAY IS GOING DOWN HILL IN A BAD WAY.WERE THERE BREAD AND BUTTER AND STILL THEY CONTINUE TO SCREW US THE SELLERS.MY ADVICE IS HEAD TO THE JUNGLE FOR SURE!!

Community Member

E-BAY IS THE WORST WHEN IT COMES TO SIDDING WITH IT'S OWN BREAD AND BUTTER US THE SELLER!!! THIS COMPANY CONTINUES TO GO DOWN HILL IN A FAST WAY! WAITING ON HOLD FOR 222 MINUTES? R U KIDDING ME? JUST TO FIND A ROBTIC PERSON THAN CAN DO NOTHING TO ADD A PLUS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!! ONE OF THE US WORST COMPANYS TO DEAL WITH 4 SURE!!

Community Member

in reply to beluga_4_me

I'm trying on here very hard,It is almost impossible For me not to lose alot of money,,I Actualy recieved a feedback stating The shipping was fast,The Item was in excellent Condition,,But the picture wasnt great,,An it went against me,,I sold a 16 peice of hollister Mostly new,Got 5.00,Shipping cost me 13.00,So I paid her,For taking them,Then got bad feedback in 2 days of delivery,,I have alot Of great customers,An Love them,,but I can't afford this,An Its taking from Folks trying hard,,End of month,My selling is done as well....

Community Member

in reply to mgz134

Same here.. I bought a Nikon D70s from a seller.. rec'd broken. Sent severl emails to seller.. seller responded once with bogus info. Sent camera to NIKON to have estimate and repair.. item cost 250.00 to repair.. didn't repair.. even sent estimate Nikon sent me to seller.. they never responded afterwards.. so buyer gets screwed.. filing a BBB suit and state attorney gen office.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mousesqueeksalot

Apparenty buyer protection doesn't pay if ebay denies it. I purchased a camera from a seller  and it arrived non-functioning. Contacted seller. I sent item to NIKON .. they sent back an estimate becuase item was broken. I got item back (not repaired was close to 250.00 to fix) Ebay says they won't pay for some un-disclosed reason.. so you tell me. Out 235.00 for camera and Buyer gets screwed.  Filed cases.. lost appeal.. now going to BBB and consumer sites to file more.

Community Member

ZEIG37,I was screwed by FEDEX that ruined a rare CORD part.It was insured and what is the fee e-bay put on the shipping for?Then paypal screws you some more so as far as I an concerned it's over for me and e-bay and paypal. guess what I pain FEDEX never pays a claim and E-BAY is  no help DISAPOINTED EX -EBAYER

Community Member

It's ridiculous how 4 negative comments and 116 positive comments in a 12 month period can cause my account to be enabled from selling for life. I could understand being suspended for a short period of time but come on this is absolutely insane. especially because one buyer left negative feedback after his money was returned promptly. the last two negative feed backs were left on the same day by the same person and it was the exact same comment. there is only 1 negative feedback that I can comprehend witch is of the item not being packaged properly. at this point I will never buy anything on this site again, this was part of my income, and because of this I am forever band from selling on this site. in today's economy this site can really help people out but not if you get 4 negative comments because eBay has a lot of money and doesn't care about about the people trying to make ends meat in this economy.