eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: COMPLAINT AGAINST EBAY

in reply to duran.gab

I have sold on Ebay for 15 years….100 percent Positive Reviews.  I was put at below standard in February due to 7 cases where buyers did not receive goods in 4 days..even though I clearly state 15-21 days as goods are sent internationally.  All cases were rescinded by the buyers….April 1st I received a curt letter (no thanks for 15 years of being a loyal seller) that stated my account has been suspend indefinitely-no appeal process.  Upon calling Ebay I was transferred to the Accounts Department where I was told they could NOT give me a resown for the suspension "due to security reasons".  I continued to explain that they need to give me a reason.  To which I was told.  I "do not meet the quality of the Ebay family.  Bye for Now"…and the representative HUNG UP.  15 years…..NOT one Negative review.  Never a lost package…..and I paid between 100-300 a month in fees…..

Community Member

in reply to ankhhoodiegirl713
Terrible terrible customer service and these ppl just make millions........everyone should just stop using ebay and ban them. See how far their company suceeds! Hahaha
Community Member

[ Edited ]

I cant even close my account after these GREEDY **bleep**s keep charging me on seller fees I already paid. Its unbelievable and then you try to contact them, your out on hold forever, they are rude and keep saying let me check on that and you owe for xyz. Well check last months statement and they say well idk why your being charged again. Let me check on that....oh yea well this will be the last time....so I say I want to close my account, well they can't do that.

Community Member

in reply to cafesacher

I too endorse your view. E-bay has a unacceptable, least cutomer friendly face. There is no way to scale up a protest or complaint. My experience is not different. I purchased a a Bluetooth headset Nokia (Paisapay  ID38846931217:Rec#7268 dt 17 Mar 2015). The item had a few scratch marks and its charging indicators did not work. There were no manual also, and so I registered a complaint (ID no. 925230). Their representatives took their own time to respond. Finally after checking with teh seller with whom I had already contacted and agreed to a replacement provided the material reaches them back. So, when I was contacted, I requested for a return arrangement, to which the call centre representative, after some enquiry, said their courier service does not have a delivery and I am supposed to sendit on my cost. She repeated that Fedex, their official courier will not deliver in Ambernath which is the seller location. I asked her how come it was picked up by teh courie while it cannot be delivered. I also pointed out the courier that delivered the product is Blue Dart, not Fedex through which teh same can be picked up. The representative did not listen and kept saying teh max time for sending it at my cost was 72 ghours, and teh cost will be returned in terms of ebay coupons. The person did not allow the complaint to be scaled up to a senior with whom I wanted to talk. And who needs Ebay coupons when teh post sales service is trash like this? I may not be able to do much, I will not step into ebay not even a single time hereafter and would keep teeling all my friends and relatives to AVOID EBAY AT ALL COSTS. 

Community Member

in reply to dcbbm2002

The buyer is not always right. In my case the item was damaged during shipping and the seller initially accepted a return.

I took pictures of the item and the box to show how it was damaged.

I sent the pictures to Ebay and to the seller.

I then packed the item into a new undamaged box and waited for UPS to return it to the seller.

Whilst I was waiting for UPS the seller changed his mind and consequently refused acceptance of the item when UPS tried to deliver it back to him.

Ebay then decided that's OK and the seller can keep my  money and I get nothing (no item, it's at UPS now). Now I have $325 less ;-) Yay!

Thus the new Ebay policy is: The Seller Is Always Right!

Probably helps if you are a well established seller (8000 positive feedback) vs a buyer (200 postive feedback).

The economical term for this is 'supply side economy'.

I since took a closer look at AMAZON and their buyer protection is better and they have most of the stuff I used to buy on Ebay for a similar price.

You probably don't want to buy anything above $10 on EBAY, unless you don't care about loosing your money.

Community Member

in reply to itsallgood88

Same thing happened to me. I received a defective and USED phone from some guy in New Jersey. (the phone was advertized as NEW on Ebay.) I made the complaint and Ebay told me to return the phone to some address in China.

Let me repeat. The phone came to me from New Jersey, US and Ebay tells me to return it to some address in China.

I paid over $30 for shipping. 50 days later Ebay send me an email informing me that they had rulled against me. As a result I lost everything.

If we can find some more people in the same situation, maybe we can find someone to look into the case. I do not think that our cases are isolated.

In the mean time let's continue to make as many complaints as we can everywhere. Send emails to newspapers, Chamber of commerce, some local TV stations, etc. 

Amazon is doing a much better jub of protecting the buyer. Actually I stoped buying fom Ebay, and I've been with them for over 12 years.

Let me know your thoughts

Community Member

in reply to purzelleni

I'm sure that some buyers have gotten screwed in the past and as a buyer myself I appreciate the guarantees.  However, I sold an item that was accurately listed, shipped the item the day it was purchased and still had to accept a return that I posted as no return.  The defect in the product that is claimed by the buyer was not there when I sent the item.  So...apparently you can spend some money, decide you don't was an item, break it and return in for a full refund.  Sellers get screwed too.  I learned my lesson, will never sell on here again!

Community Member

I have been an ebay customer for many years,with 100% feedback.

In November I answered an ad from a person trying to get a small team of 4/5 people together,to sell his jewellery for a small commission.As he put it "to make a few pounds for Xmas".As I am a disabled OAP with no opportunity to make money,I applied and was accepted. He sent me photos and descriptions of the jewellery and I put them on my Ebay account but changed my Paypal address to his so the money went straight to him.NOT me.I truly did not realise that I was doing anything wrong or I would not have done it.

Anyway,I was alerted by another ebayer that this might be a scam.I immediately got in touch with ebay,paypal,the customers and reported it to Action fraud.What happened was the customer paid but was not sent the goods.Yes,I was obviously naive,trusting and stupid.  I spent hours on the phone explaining what had happened,that it was me that is the only victim of this fraud but no-one listened.I did everything I could to sort this mess out but now Ebay say that they have reimbursed the customer and now I have to pay back the £279 pounds!!!!.I have explained countless times that I do NOT have this money,have never had this money and can not afford to pay it.To add insult to injury,I have also received an invoice for £59 seller fees!!.I am feeling suicidal over this.I am not eating or sleeping,I live on my own and have no-one to talk to about this and am at my wit's end.

Instead of making a few pounds for Xmas,I have ended up hundreds of pounds in debt,with nothing to show for it,no way of appealling,through no fault of my own.

I can't believe the way that ebay has treated me.

Community Member

in reply to greenbugsuzanne321

EBAY ACTS AS A BROKER FOR SELLERS, ESP WHEN THEY GET HUGE ACCOUNTS FROM CHINA TO SELL THERE JUNK IN THE USA ,,, I BOUGHT A 150.00 FINDING OUT LATER IT WAS FROM CHINA , IT CAME WRONG COLOR WRONG SIZE ???  SENT ITEM BACK 14.00 OUT OF POCKET TO ME .. PROVIDED TRACKING INFO AS REQUIRED .. 40 DAYUS LATER IT IS SOME WHERE INCHINA USPS HAS NO IDEA WHERE THE ITEM IS ONCE IT GOES THRY CUSTOMS, SO EBAY WASHED THERE HANDS OF IT BURNED ME OUT OF MY 150.00 PLUS NO ITEM I PAID FOR ..

WHERE WAS MY BUYERS PROTECTION ???  EBAY PIMPS JUNK FOR CHINA AND LEAVES YOU HOLDING THE BAG WHEN IT GOES SOUTH , WHAT A SCREWING !!!  CUSTOMER SUPPORT @ EBAY IS A JOKE !! AN BUYER PROTECTION IS A COME ON FALSE HOOD !!!  BIG SCAM !!

Community Member

in reply to asfmon

I have been with EBAY for 12 years and have 1042 feedback at 100 percent.  I sold a baseball glove to a so called collector and he complained that the glove he purchased was not as advertised, even when I attached 8 close up photos of my item.  After an uncomfortable correspondence of disagreements I finally agreed to refund the purchase even when the listing specifcally stated no returns.  At any rate,  the buyer returned a junk glove worth about 10 percent of the glove I sold.  His return was sent signature required at my expense and I signed for the box only to find the inferior glove.  I filed a compliant with EBAY as they even advised not to issue a refund until I inspected the returned item. My complaint in my opinion was not even considered.  In 2 days EBAY issued a refund to the buyer and then notified me to make good on the refund.  I appealed to them an told them that we can likely proof that the buyer sent a different glove to me by possibly lifting fingerprints on the glove he sent to me. EBAY just blew me off and wanted me to make good on their refund.  If your a seller think about what just happened.  I sold a $500.00 baseball glove for $250.00,  paid 16.80 for shipping, about $50.00 for EBAY and PAYPAL fees, $7.75 for return postage and not to the mention the issues associated with handling.  If I make good on the refund I just paid EBAY $74.50 for the buyer to steal my glove.  EBAY's  buyer protection **bleep** makes it too easy for a crook to get over at the sellers expense.  Then the threatened to suspend my account for non payment!  Seriously!  After all the business I've given them $22,000.00 plus that's the thanks I get!  These folks forget they are ZERO without us!  Lets get together and remind them!  Get the word out!  EBAY is not seller friendly!   

Community Member

in reply to purzelleni

This site is for ebay users. That problems you had with a tv site selling jewelry are not at issue here.

Community Member

in reply to bigladybug10

i purchased about  long time back , an amber piece .  like a large fly lives in the rain forrest . cicata... i dident know at first where that piece would come from . i placed the order . i also thaught  from here . but it camr from china .  i had to wait 2 weeks . but got the cicata.  and was very pleased with it . . it will show where  the items are coming from . so i knew it came from china . read every fine print . dont overlook anything . you can prevent a lot of headaces and problems . 

Community Member

in reply to dagwoodsdigs

ebay  seller .  i am glad that ebay  is there for the costumer .  we apriciate that more then 100%  . if you are a honest and decent seller  you have nothing to worry about . much to many people get scammed  the do not get what the ordered . you think that is nice  ???  no way . the buyer has to have protection  from someone,, buyers can be crooks to . no 2 ways about it , and if ebay finds those  sheisters the should be banned from buying  on ebay .. i am very very  cautious  about ever again buying from shopping channels , i was with jtv,,  and now i am warning anyone to stay away from jtv . and jtv costumer service . the stole out of my wells fargo visa    $ 689.47.  since  the  8-16-2014  when i ordered one ring  on stretch pay ,, when i got the statement on line  jtv confirmed  the stretch pay .$ 47.94  the first payment and three there after of $ 44.98  i waited on that order . on the  8-17-2014 i ordered  1 set of a 3 ring set o bill me later .. when i looked at the statement on line  the had 2 of those sets . at once i emailed back to cancel that order only  1 set was ordered , the emailed back . cant be done  the order was already prosessed. no way ,, so i waited for that order to return it . on the  8-22-2014  i recieved the first pacage . when i opend it . and looked at the statement . jtv costumer service  stole an extra  $ 182.76  plus the $ 47. 94  out of my visa . at once i wrote a letter to return my stolen money , and shopped the ring back on the  8-23-2014   on the  8-25-2014  i got 2 pacages  when i opened the smaller one  there was the identical ring in there  i had returned  on the  8-23-2014 this was never ordered   the stole again  another $ 47.94 out of my visa . when i opened the larger pacage  i found 3 of those sets   the where never ordered   and in a very peculiar way  the stole the money ,  on the 8-18-2014  the stole  4 times  in one day  at different times  $ 114.98  again  $ 162.98   again  $  114.98  again  $ 47.94     on the  8-19-2014  the stole   3 times in one day at different times  $ 182.76   again  $ 17.87  again  $ 47.94  all that added up to  $ 689.47   almost  $ 700.00  at once  i wrote  a letter . if  jtv costumer service  does not at once return that stolen money  i will make big trouble for jtv and jtv costumer service , and shipped those 2 pacages back on the 8-26-2014  who pockets  that stolen money ..ships items that where not ordered . i been with jtv for almost 2 years . so the thaught  the got my visa numbers the can  steal .  no way .  i made big trouble  . the retuned the money after i put the heat on them . $ 623.64  the still owe to me  $ 66.77. on account of jtv costumer service i had to change ny visa card and numbers . you  see  what can happen .. i reported jtv and jtv costumer service all over . BBB. rip of and a lot more , jtv wanted to return a ring . if i would give them the order number .  i am not interested , all i want is my stolen money back .  the buyer has to have protection , 

Community Member

in reply to wifimstr

You've gotten one negative, not several. You might consider taking returns because when you don't, ebay will always side with the buyer.

Community Member

in reply to asfmon

I too feel that ebay ignores the seller conplaints concerning case resolution and sides with the buyer.  I am tired of getting negative feedback and cases opened on me before I have a communication from the buyer.  I'm also tired of having returned items stripped of parts and no recourse against the buyer.  They still get a full refund and I cannot do anything about it.

Community Member

in reply to tlc9313
I did the same thing. Removed all items from eBay because a dishonest, unscrupulous buyer claimed he did not receive a first class USPS envelope. eBay's money back guarantee cost me $27. Essentially, the buyer can claim anything they wish, and receive the item and a complete refund. No protection whatsoever for the seller. I will never do business with eBay again.... it's a den of thieves with carte blanche to pirate as they wish!
Community Member

I am just nauseated at the way that eBay has just treated me!. I have bought hundreds of motherboards from eBay in the past 2 yrs. All of my accounts have 100% feedback rating, and I have never had a seller file a complaint on me. This seller listed the motherboard in the box with all the items sealed as new. The CPU Pins were damaged and the seller straightened them out and tried to pass it off as a new motherboard. I know that the seller straightened them out because he stated to me when I asked him before I bought it and he told me that he listed those as seller refurbished. I told him that I did not want a repaired motherboard so he told me to buy his "new other" listings. I left negative feedback that stated exactly what happened and eBay took it down and said that I can't tell the seller that I am going to leave bad feedback and then do it. I was told that I had to keep it to myself and post it or they will take it down. What kind of **bleep** is that! It appears that sellers that eBay must sell more when the feedback of a seller looks good but this guy was a flat out crook! They are all repaired as far as I can tell. Now listen to this: I returned the board to him and I was done with him for wasting my time. I had 30 items in my watch listed and I bid on them at the last minute so I bid on a motherboard that when for 40 odd dollars that was about a $180 buck board new. The seller just happened to be the same guy that I just got this other busted board from. I made the purchase in the heat of the last minute of the sale and could only say that the board in the picture was immaculate and new! The seller sent me a message because he knew it was me that just sent back a falsely advertised board and the message read - I personally inspected this board for you, you should like this one. Do I need to even say what he sent? The board was not even the board in the auction! Pins bent thermal paste all of the socket, the screw holes were mashed like when you mount it in a case. Unbelievable, so he have to be chiding me in the message because he said that he personally inspected the board and that I should really like it! I posted feedback and it was taken down again. This made me so mad I called to ask what there problem was and they told me that I cannot buy from the same buyer that I had a problem with before. If I buy a rotten stake from Harris Teeter and I banned from eating again. These sellers that auction off motherboards are the source how in the hell can you not buy again from a seller. He should have blocked me if there was a problem with me knowing too much about motherboard, and it was an honest mistake from bidding at the last minute. If the seller was not a crook and was not abusing eBay’s loophole that they have created to pad the feedback with only good reviews I would have gotten a board that I should have because the seller could not claim that I am picking on him and I bought another board just to leave bad feedback. Now get this. I posted pictures of the board that the crook sent me and he said right off that he did not even sent that board! I posted detailed photos of the markings and posted pictures of unique warranty void stickers that the seller puts on his motherboard to either renege on them if you peel it of or what? The serial number on the board is the "Juice"! This smart guy, smart as he is could not keep his lies together and panicked when I detailed the board throughout and posted 20 pictures of the motherboards socket that I got is every angle imaginable. This shows that we was lying because I should be the only person with the ability to take these photos since it was not his board. Abstract: I think that this seller has many accounts and that he may have a friend or relative that works in the customer services department maybe how he got his start because from the postings and the taunting email that said that he inspected the board himself and that can anyone really be stupid enough to post 20 pictures of the damaged pins of a motherboard that they never had? This makes me think that this seller is getting away with murder and I know that his feedback is a lie because I tried to leave feedback twice and it was scrubbed. If I lose the open case that I am getting ready to escalate with all of this damning evidence I am going to open a GO DADDY store that costs about the same as the fees in the long run but I will not have a corrupt kangaroo court looming over my head. I am going to post this exact message to the web in all of me social media, Bing, Tweeter, you name it I am **bleep** about the feedback tampering and I can’t sell or buy for 3 days from that name where I get all of my eBay bucks. I guess I need to buy salvaged goods and repair them and sell them to you as new online to get any respect from the court!

Posted By Seller.JPG
Community Member

in reply to oz_in_ohio

oz_in_ohio wrote:
Yeah...you spend all those hours typing descriptions to stay at a zero feedback ...have a nice day

So desperate for attention that you're digging up posts from three months ago to respond to? We already know you have no concept of what a "posting ID" is; you don't have to keep embarrassing yourself.

Community Member

in reply to fireandice3
just place that bidder on your blocked list so you are not burnt twice.
Community Member

in reply to bbay566
I would take nore notice of you than others in here as they are zero feedbacks and you are 162