eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

hondamedic
Community Member

Re: Buyer wants to cancel transaction.

in reply to pottsy77777

Come on Pottsy, spit it out!!!!
BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bargain_hunters_dream
Buyer wants to cancel
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Buyer wants to cancel transaction
Please use plain text.
Community Member

.....although, I'm pretty sure by ignoring it they will receive an unpaid item strike. I don't think I have ever had anyone respond to them and I just simply close it when enough time has passed.

I wish I knew exactly what is sent when a case is opened. I wonder what options they are given? Pay or else......?  :-/

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I may use that, thanks.

Please use plain text.
hondamedic
Community Member

@Bargain_Hunter, no more contact until.

On day 4 file the UID and simply send the non-buyer a brief message through eBay that reads:

In order to cancel the transaction eBay will send you a strongly worded request for payment, simply ignore.

Hope this helps.

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation

DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required

NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller....

SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I wish there was an option that says "Buyer wants to cancel"

The options "I sold an items and have not received payment yet" and

"I sold an item and I want to cancel transaction"

doesn't really fit the above scenario.

I'm not sure what Ebay actually sends to buyer when I choose option "....not received payment yet"

but I imagine it is some kind of demand for payment. I don't mind using that option with an unresponsive buyer but when a customer contacts me in a nice manner ,I hate to use that option BUT with no other option I guess my hands are tied. :-/

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Yep, that's what I have been doing......I guess it is the only way :/

Please use plain text.
Community Member

The very definition of a UID.  Wait four days and open it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Buyer wants to cancel transaction.

Scenario: Buyer makes offer. Seller accepts offer. Buyer contacts seller to say I didn't understand how this works and while I was waiting for you I purchased elsewhere so I do not want it now. 

Ok, well I will cancel sell because what good does it do a seller to force buyer to buy something they do not want?

Anyway, what is the best way to handle this? I can click on that I am a seller and want to cancel transaction but in the reasons they allow you to give for cancelling transaction does not fit the scenario.I do not what to say I am the one who wants to cancel when I am not.

Does anyone know how Ebay wants us to handle this or what do you do in this situation?

Please use plain text.