eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Does anyone use Wholesale Match.com?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has used Wholesale Match (also known as The Shipper? If so, what do you think about them?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Does anyone use Wholesale Match.com?

in reply to sullysattic509
Hi!

I actually just signed up for a 3 month program yesterday for $99. A guy from Wholesalematch called me and convinced me to register for the program. The guy was really professional and guided me through steps needed to start online selling business. I can have 3 requests for resource advices. Just made my 1st request, I will see the result next week. I look through their supplier list and education program as well as blog and think all of them are pretty helpful. I just wonder if they can supply me with the contacts of suppliers that I need, because as I look through the list, I see there are many suppliers not supplying my wanted products.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello Greatprice4u2010,

It could be a good idea to expand your supplier base and product inventory by using the more than one product sourcing company's services.

B-Stock Solutions runs private auction marketplaces for large liquidators and retailers to help them move inventory. No cost except for when you place a winning bid on a lot.

Doba provides a low-cost solution, catalog and access to products and suppliers through dropshipping.

Worldwide Brands has an extensive database of suppliers, research and educational material to help you set-up or run your ecommerce business effectively.

Doba and Worldwide Brands have free trials for you to explore their offering and decide if it meets your needs.

Thanks,

Ginger
eBay Certified Provider Program

Laura
Certified Provider Program
eBay
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Not familiar with Wholesale Match drop ship, but I am very familiar with Quad-Band-Phones.com. The dropshipping service is free and you get a free 10% coupon on unlimited orders for a year! Shipping is free and your eBay sales are hassle free! As an American managed company you have peace of mind and with a local/American staff you know you are getting the manufacturers price and quality.

www.Quad-Band-Phones.com

Contact me for more information!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello!

I see that you signed up for Wolesale Match for three months and was wondering how you enjoyed their service? Has it helped you any? Any coments/suggestions/etc?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello Hsweetk,

Since we are not familiar with Wholesalematch and have not worked with them in the past, I'd like to caution and remind everyone to be sure and check with the Better Business Bureau and other eBay sellers about the company to ensure you are working with the best product sourcing supplier for you.

http://www.bbb.org/

Thanks,

Ginger
eBay Certified Provider Program

Laura
Certified Provider Program
eBay
Please use plain text.
Community Member

This company (The Auction Employment Training Institute) provides training in how to sell on ebay for a reasonable fee (about $50.00). It implies that you can have access to numerous products from which to choose what you want to sell, and that you'll be ready to be a successful seller after taking the training. I completed the training, tried to find a product to do a test run selling, and all I found were small obscure accessories, many of which seemed to be related to the kinds of things I would not want to be promoting.

When I responded to the ad to upgrade to have access to a "huge list of suppliers", "access to 7 million and counting products", "gain a support team who know the online business world inside and out" I was directed to call a number.

The company I was connected to is called Wholesale Match. I was asked a lot of questions ("interviewed") about my goals, what I would like to earn to supplement my income, how much debt I have (no account numbers were asked for, nor was I asked for social security number or any identifying personal information), and the same kind of questions for my domestic partner. My partner, being the skeptic that he is, questioned the questions. The person (s), who are the "qualifiers", who are supposed to do the screening prior to sending me to the second part of the "interview" with their senior had a smooth response until my partner started asking his own questions. Then, the interviewer starting scoffing at his questions, his responses, and ended up hanging up on him. Prior to that, the interviewer, in response to my partner's skepticism, and in trying to document the validity of the business, asked him if he would feel better if she gave him her social security number. We were on a conference call, and I interjected that she really shouldn't give out her social security number. She back paddled.

I have to admit, I was disappointed after the call. I really thought I was going to be able to succeed in selling online and get my finances in order. Because I had done all the online coursework by myself, I expressed my disappointment that they insisted on bringing my partner into the commitment. He had nothing to do with what I was trying to achieve personally. The phone call ended with my disappointment.

Soon, another representative called (same area code, same company, so I answered). He introduced himself as someone who would get me started with selling online. I explained that I had just been through the whole thing and that it wasn't a good experience. He started his pitch, and I told him it wasn't going to work, my partner didn't want to work with them and they didn't want to work with me without my partner's involvement. I also pointed out that if I was single, they wouldn't have expected me to have the support of a partner. Anyway, the staff was argumentative and not professional. And I was hung up upon again.

I have a lot more details, but I just want to alert people to how the interaction can go.

Good luck. I have no investment in anything that would compete with this company and no reason to try to defame them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have found a few products that fit with my personality/interests but am disappointed with the customer service. No one is available to answer questions for me on the weekends when most people do their selling. I just started and listed some products and made a quick sale in the first day. I followed all the protocol through ebay/paypal after receiving my order and taking the customers money. I then went to place my order through the basic 24,000 product inventory. I selected the product, proceeded to checkout. But when i got to the final step the button to finalize the sale did not work! I am stuck through a weekend with possible negative feedback looming. I want to provide quality service but because of this B.S. service. I am considering endig my dealings here. I see potential but with this quality of customer service it hardly seems worth it.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I found a company on Wholesale Match that has been very professional. They dropship small wholesale lots of general merchandise, mostly imported dollar items. The company is Kole Imports and their dropship program's home is located at www.developers.koleimports.com

I'd recommend them to all.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

HORRIBLE experience with them just this week! While I do feel that maybe they could be a good company if you invest ALOT of time with them, I'm out $400 for an entire YEAR that they won't refund me when I tried to opt out of using the drop shipper deal. They said I had to cancel within 3 days of signing up or I had to wait an entire year to get refunded. When I tried to prove that I did call one of their companies affiliates who DID tell me I would be refunded they claimed that that wasn't one of their #'s, which it clearly was but they claimed I had to call a different one, IN THE SAME COMPANY, and I would not be receiving a refund. Not till the end of my year contract. The whole process is not easy and requires alot of time and know how which if I wasn't working alot on top of this I might be able to muddle through but it was extremely not worth how I was treated and the ridiculous hoops you have to jump through.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am pretty sure it's not a very good company. I have been working with them for about 2 weeks and they are not professional, do not respond to my questions, and don't have good products. I think that www.doba.com might be the best out there. I have done some research and may be persuaded to try their free trail. Which, of course, www.wholesalematch.com does not have! I am out about $200 and I don't think they are going to get any more of my money or business. Be careful!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I had some more questions about your experience, because I kind of went down the same path. Could you explain a little more in depth what happened and if it is a scam or what???
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I had the exact same thing/issue with them. two phone calls then i asked a question and he became verbally abusive and forceful. I hung up to only to be followed by another phone call.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I supposedly signed up with Wholesale Match at the end of February, but their site has been down since then and all I get is a recording when I call. I am able to leave a voice mail, but I have not been called back.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am having a hard time getting in contact with them they owe someone something that i listed and the person has not recieved it or heard from them i am very disapointed with them. The company that i had signed up with was called auction listing and they to are not responding to me. If anybody has a new number or website for these to companies please let me know. I do not recomend signing up with either of these companies.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has used Wholesale Match (also known as The Shipper? If so, what do you think about them?
I

haven;'t had any luck with WHOLESALE MATCH.COM My requests for suppliers have been answered with lists containing companies no longer in business, companies which do not drop ship when i specifically asked for drop shippers. One request drop ship suppliers in jewelry yielded a couple of costume companies and some online retailers who do not dropship. Now their web sites are down and can't be found on line. I think they are a scam. and I am waiting to be proved wrong.
The worst mistake I ever made was getting involved with Prosper and the whole Orem, Utah gang. They endorse and recommend several related companies which provide overpriced service which can be hard to access.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

The Auction Employment Training Institute uses Wholesale Match for their merchandise and as of Thursday, Feb. 24 the Auction Employment Training site has been down according to customer service last week. I did not check out Wholesale Match at that time but that site is unavailable as well. No one is currently answering phones at either business.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I'm very disappointed with this company!!! I was set up for a free trial and come to find out was charged $1200 on my credit card! I e-mailed before my free trial was up to cancel and never got a response. I was under the impression if I went forward with this company that I would pay $49.99 monthly. I have also been trying to contact them over the internet and their website isn't even up anymore. The person I spoke to at wholesale match in the beginning never gave me a phone number. I was told to cancel by e-mail if not satisfied. I've had to file a dispute for this charge with my credit card company and I'm praying I will not have to pay this large sum of money that I can't afford!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I just did some digging into Wholesale Match and it's other company "The Shipper". It seems that they have been served with an injunction from the Federal Trade Commission.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1023218/110302ivycmpt.pdf
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Here is another link for more information.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/03/emptypromises.shtm
Please use plain text.