cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i log off

they changed it,..how do i log off now. There is NO link anywher on my home page or the "my ebay" pages. I have looked everywhere for a sign out or log out link. It doesnt even say "welcome____" on my home page. I need to do this because there are two accounts in my house...

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: how do i log off

I see a LOG OUT button near the top right of this page under the search bar.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

On some other pages the link says SIGN OUT and is beside my user ID.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I think you're stuck with that stupid new layout they are trying randomly on unsuspecting members.  It took me 10 minutes to find the logout the first time it happened to me.  It is in the upper left hand corner, you have to click on your ID and a pop down appears with the log out option.  What you should do is click on "tell us what you think" and tell them to leave the layout as it was or you'll close your account.  I did that and the next time I logged on it was back to the old familiar layout. Good luck.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

billyjoelfan93
Enthusiast

Hey

I also had this problem when I was running noscript on my browser, which makes it more secure. However, when I allowed ebaystatic.com through, my username and a log out sign appeared in the top left hand corner above the search bar (previously I couldn't see either, except for my username on my account page). I don't know how safe the link is/if it's definately connected to ebay, and if this is the same reason why it's not showing yours (maybe your browser is blocking the website? - perhaps an anti-adware device/firewall?), but I think it's worth an investigation!

I hope this has been of some help! 🙂

Ps. If it hasn't, there is always the option of going to internet preferences and deleting all the cookies related to ebay, then refreshing your ebay page, which should log you out. It is a nuisance though...Hope you find a fix soon.

Pps. Perhaps it makes a difference if it's ebay.com or ebay.co.uk?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

vonskee1963
Enthusiast

i don't seem to see this option & i've looked all over

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I hate when they do these things !

By luck I found out. Put your arrow,hand which ever on your name in the upper left hand corner and a drop down appears;

1. Account settings

2. Sign out

click it (sign out)

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I use NoScript to block gratuitous invasive phone-home scripting

However eBay in its wisdom has decreed Thou Shalt NOT block scripts or things like the Sign Out Button will simply disappear

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

added to which, thanks to eBay's genius (I jest) code monkeys the damn thing doesn't even work half the time. You get a message that they "had a problem retreiving that information".......

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Why can't I logout on my phone
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I just wanted to say goodbye to ebay for good, and can't log off!!!??? Big brother, again and again. After what that had happend to me, I am very, very finished with you. I'll never buy anything in US, any more. And EBAY have totally ruined my joy of collecting dolls. And all your money gurantee, if something goes wrong, ha- ha! Another lie. I fell so badly, poorly treated by ebay. Your are pissing on your buyers!!! I WANT OUT of this fraud business!!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I had to delete the APP because there was no logout option. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@dancing4 wrote:

they changed it,..how do i log off now. There is NO link anywher on my home page or the "my ebay" pages. I have looked everywhere for a sign out or log out link. It doesnt even say "welcome____" on my home page. I need to do this because there are two accounts in my house...

Pl

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I want to log out

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Log out ebay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply