cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 259
latest reply
258 REPLIES 258

ebay unfair to sellers

A buyer stole a book from me this month . I sold a book to a buyer who claimed that it was not the book in the photo , however it clearly was the book . The buyer complained to ebay they locked up the money in paypal . I offered a refund to the buyer who danced around it and waited . Never got my book back but the buyer got all money back for book plus shipping fees . 

This left me with no book and no money . Now try to reason with ebay ?????? Good luck you cannot even contact them without pulling your teeth out in the process . I have been a dealer since 1998 a power seller etc . 

Ebay has an awful support sustem for sellers in fact it might have been a thousand dollar item but i was lucky i only gpt screwed this time for 7.00 . What im saying is buyers have an early christmas at our expense just buy anything and say its not the right item and its yours for free , Ebay will get you a refund and hey KEEP THE ITEM ITS ON US  screw  the seller they dont mean anything . No we are nothing however without the millions of helpless sellers there is no Ebay . They make money on us not buyers if by chance we all boycott Ebay they are finished and so are the jobs of the the customer service reps witch are 100% useless to us .

This is why people are leaving this auction site in the thousands . Another problem is h.ow they allow sellers all to compete with each pther to the point a seller is listing auctions for a dollar ..I ask why do we even bother to be on here any longer its a losing deal for every seller including the horrible double fees through ebay and then paypal .

Its time to join the many smart sellers who split and found another way to sell items in a fair manner 

Message 31 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

This same thing happened to me.  From top seller to having my funds held by Pay Pal.  Non customer service is sure correct.  I was on with one person over an hour, when I finally asked to be sent to someone who could help me they disconnected me..no one called back and of course they have my number.  I have been a member since 2001 so obviously none of that means a thing.  After they restricted me I was printing my shipping labels and assumed the money for shipping would come out of the funds from the buyer, at least they used to do that I was told, but no they went through paypal and then my bank and gee guess what I became overdrawn and now have fees with my bank.  Oh and I got a message that my donations could not be taken as my card was denied, well yea I am overdrawn.  I do not understand how they can freeze our sales over a few bad comments.  I have 4 negative FB in the past year out of 400 sales.  That is 1%, you think any stored has that good of record?  You obviously cannot please everyone.  I wish there was a site similar to ebay so they had some competition.  I even just opened a store....so frustrated.

Message 32 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

ebay is unfair i was selling also making money for them i am 71 years old and trying to sell to suppliment my ss i had a great 100% feedback over 1200 stars made the mistate of letting a minor list some things and he got feedback now they blocked me from selling is that not unfair i have pleaded begged everything trying to get my account reinstated!!!!!!!!!!!! plus THEY HAD THE NERVE TO SAY I COULD STILL BUY ON EBAY TO MAKE THEM MONEY SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GET A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR DISCRIMiNATION BECAUSE THEY ARE 100% WRONG AND UNFAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 33 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

UNFAIR UNFAIR  UNFAIR EBAY IS A JOKE FIRST THEY SHOULD FIRE ALL THE PEOPLE AND START FRESH YOU WORK YOUR BUTT OFF TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF THEN THESe  SMART PEOPLE CRUSH IT  EBAY IS GETTING RICH OFF OF US AND WE LOSE NOT FAIR 

Message 34 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I had an item recently damanged in transit to the buyer, and the buyer agreed that it was damaged in transit with a picture of the damaged package.  Yet, eBay still counts this as a defect against me.  My question to eBay is why do they blame me for something out of my control.  I paid a carrier for service, and they damaged the package which leaves the following mess:  lost the item, lost the money, lost the money paid for shipping, and now as a triple wammy, eBay blames me for the problem and gives me a defect.  I don't understand what is fair about that.  I'm very very disappointed in my recent selling experience on eBay.  Just not worth the hassle and loss of items, and money.  I'm reconsidering even selling on eBay.  I'm a top rated seller and go the extra mile, but apparently that jsut isn't enough any longer.  In the past, I've always recommendied buying and selling on eBay but not any more.  My view has drastically changed in the last 3-months and not likely to improve any time soon.  

@jnagolfs wrote:

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 35 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

eBay is here for the buyer; being a top-rate seller over the years has no apparent appreciation or meaning at all.  eBay has just helped a buyer from the former eastern block country who robbed me a camera zoom lens.  When reaching out to eBay customer service for assistance, I was treated belligerently, recalcitrantly, and condescendingly...  Very disappointing!!! Seriously pondering to QUIT eBay for good!!!

Message 36 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I agree 100% Ebay doesn't even review the item. They just want more poeople buying from ebay and generating their greedy asses with more money while us sometimers are stuck with the return shipping bill while ebay pampers and entices its buyers to be petty and unfair with sellers. I am waiting for a better alternative. 

Message 37 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

EBAY...YOU WELCOME ME ... BUT YOU FREEZE MY MONEY BECAUSE  AN IGNORANT EBAY  BUYER/SELLER  LIED ABOUT MY ITEM TO BE ABLE TO RETURN IT AFTER THEY DAMAGED IT ?

I WOULD LIKE TO BLOCK ALL JUNK JEWELRY SELLERS FROM BUYING MY KARAT GOLD JEWELRY .

MAYBE THEY CANT FIND A BUYER FOR MY ITEM  FAST ENOUGH FOR A QUICK FLIP

SO THEY LIE AND FORCE A RETURN, WHILE I, THE SELLER, HAS NO RECOURSE BUT TO PAY UP AND SHUT UP!

OR, THEY ADMIT THAT THEY CANT  TELL IF IT IS REAL  KARAT GOLD ...AND THEY CANT TRUST ME,OBVIOUSLY,

SO THEY DRAG IT TO EVERY JEWELER THEY CAN FIND TO POUR ACID ALL OVER IT AND DAMAGE THE SOLDER JOINT. OOOPS...

"OH THATS OK I'LL JUST SEND IT BACK"

DOESNT MATTER THAT THE AUCTION SAYS NO RETURNS WE ALL KNOW THAT!... EBAY WILL ALWAYS FORCE A RETURN. AND OF COURSE NO ONE BUT I HAS TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE.

THEY ARE SELLERS SO THEY KNOW DARN WELL HOW TO MINIPULATE THE EBAY SYSTEM EVEN THOUGH  I SAY 'NO RETURNS '

MY QUESTION IS... "WHY DID YOU BID ON MY ITEM IF YOU FEEL YOU CANT TRUST ME????? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Message 38 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

might have been mentioned before.

Ebay at it again took one of my listing down and had the nerve to say I took it down. Morons  I tell ya.  Ebay keep up the good work,

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.

Message 39 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I just had a terrible interaction with Ebay.  Same thing, a buyer requested a refund including shipping for a new in the box item because it didn't fit.  I clearly described item and stated returns would only be accepted if the item is not a described.  Meanwhile I have issued 3 additional refunds for the same type of thing because of the buyer threatening the bad feedback card.  So, on this one instead of dealing with the buyer I called Ebay (no easy feat) and explained.  They said I was in the right.  No refund would be issued and closed the case.  Hours later I received an email that they had debited my paypal for the full amount plus shipping and refunded the buyer.  I am so angry and when calling Ebay again, they could not be more unhelpful or rude.  Yes they only cater to the buyer, yet I have had 3 unpaid cases opened.  They sure don't take the buyers money when they don't pay me.  I will give it a coulple of days and see if I calm down, but am thinking that I will removed my account.  It is not worth the time and headache when you lose the money and the item (which I don't have back) with frivolous refunds.  I am trying to find out how to report this bad business practice to another agency.  

Message 40 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I second all these complaints. Item sold was new, unused, and "no returns". Buyer said it did not fit even though the article clearly stated the knee brace was large, etc. Within seconds, Ebay resolution center found in the buyer's favor without details, forcing me to pay return shipping, refund and now time wasted without other buyers who wanted article.  I have sent a reply email asking for details and they have not had the courtesy of replying, despite many emails. Agree. After reading these emails, will no longer sell on Ebay EVER AGAIN  and will sell my stuff on Amazon. If this were Japan, the executives would be asked to commit seppuku en masse. They should take a page from the U.S. auto industry and the decades it took to get consumers back because they took them for granted. Ebay SUCKS.

Message 41 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Plus to boot , the customer put in a dispute and because of this ebay refuses to credit me for my final value fee so I am out 63.00 plus about 30.00 for both ways shipping . Then the buyer stipulated that the package be left on my door so I had a four hundred dollar item sitting outside my door in the hallway of an apartment building know for thievery all darn day until I got home from work at 9:30 pm . I'm lucky I got it back, period. Then they had damaged the item and I had to repair it at my cost .
Message 42 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Ebay has only the buyer interest in mind. We pay good money to them and get NOTHING in the way of support back from the.This is BS and the more we complain as sellers on this one sided community. This sucks

Message 43 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I completely agree.  You would think that a company that makes their money off SELLERS would be more favorable to them  You can do everything correct as a seller and still get punished.  It's a perfect example of dangling a dollar bill in front of you and pulling it away everytime you get close. 

I can't believe that if you sell an item ship it WITH A TRACKING NUMBER and it gets lost or delayed by the postal service that a buyer can put a negative mark on your seller account that takes a year to be removed!!  That's ridiculous!  What exactly did I do wrong?  Does EBAY expect me to run the USPS as well?????

Also some idiot can flat out LIE and leave negative feedback, with absolutely NO PROOF, and all communications with the buyer develop NO PROOF about what they claim, however EBAY will not remove it because it's the "Buyers Opinion"???  Thanks EBAY for sticking up for your SELLER who spends a couple THOUSAND dollars a month in fees versus a buyer with 10 Transaction that made a BS negative feedback claim!!  Can i leave negative feedback for this clown??  NO not as a seller!!  So EBAY gives the buyer who they make nothing off of in this transaction all the power and the SELLER who they made 10% commission on plus a listing fee a big kick in the nuts.

This is just a couple of my **bleep**es.  You call customer service and talk to someone who speaks broken english at best that tells you that everything is going to be ok, don't worry.  Then your account falls below standard and then eBay really starts screwing with your business!!  The list goes on and on.  No special considerations.  Decrease in limits to slow our business down to a crawl.  5.8% defective rate of which at least 2.5% of that is bogus and they all have the company line that they can't help you out until your account is above standard for 30 days. 

IMHO It's all just a way to make becoming a TOP SELLER hard to achieve so they don't have to give the discounts.

I realize this post will do no good, but I'm so sick of eBay kicking me in the nuts, It's definetly motivated us to market our direct website more and explore other selling options for our products.

Message 44 of 259
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

used  to be  good  at  one  time  you  can  be  100%  positive  for  a  year  which  i  was then  a  buyer

labelled  me A  FIDDLER bought  three of  my  items great

have  taken  selling  listing  off  ebay  now  where  is  the  selling  protection no  point  in  selling  another  seller  bites  the  dust /

am  done  with  it  i  bought  quite  a  lot  as  well but  i  was  honest i  always  received  my  items you  cannot  even  leave  neutral.

for  a  b uyer I  think anyone  with  half  a  brain  would know that  without  sellers there  will  be  no

buyers.  anyway  would  you  buy  when someone  is  labelled  as  a  fiddler so  am  going  to  try  ebid am  not  sure

or  maybe  local  paper its  a  pity  because they  were  great  at  one  time

too  much  work  with  p&p  and  at  the  end  of  that  your  even  charged  on  that

I  AM  ANNOYED WITH  MY  FEEDBACK it  is  not  worth the  upset the  listing  the  p  and  p and  no  protection

for  the  seller

Message 45 of 259
latest reply