cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay unfair to sellers

why does ebay have such distain for its sellers. Up untill 4 weeks ago I was a top rated seller with 100% feedback (1150 transactions) then I made the mistake of selling to low rated buyers (little or now feedback), at which point I recieved 2 neutral and 1 neg feedback, one was for dust in the bottom of a vase, second was not as described shoe size, when detailed measurements were provided, and my favorite was not shipping to a non verified address, all resulted in my calling customer (non) support, at which time I was denied any resolution, now as a result my seller rating was lowered and my funds are pending on paypal. So I removed all of my listings, canceled my current active auctions and will be moving on, I am sorry I wasted 4 years of my time thinking ebay was great, when it is a terrible environment for sellers, and the people who make policy should be terminated. Just type ebay unfair to its sellers in Google and look at the thousands of complaints. I will be making it my mission to trash ebay on every venue possible, and I will be in good company, also paypal is a joke, 4 years of flawless transactions and they put my funds on hold?????????????????????

Message 1 of 260
latest reply
259 REPLIES 259

ebay unfair to sellers

hi Jna, slowly but surely it looks like they are knocking us all out of the water, drown they don't care, as long as they get their money and they have thousands of other sellers, ones that make them much more money, such as infamous companies, celebrities etc the little people that actually help them grow to what they are today is nothing to them. If you look in china sellers they have terrible feedback, rarely will you find 100%, now look at their dash board, if us USA sellers must ship out our items within 24 hours, upload tracking etc then how come they get away with what they do, anyone who has bought anything from another country esp china or HK knows it takes quite awhile to get the item and not so fast on applying their tracking info. Why are they getting a pass???

Message 16 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Hi sak, i recall awhile ago one site you were able to set your acct to buyers regarding their feedback, not sure if you can do that on ebay, meaning if the person has none they can't bid. Might be webstore, can't remember right now.

Message 17 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I totally agree.  I tried to resolve unfair VERO hits ..they just kept saying they would appeal my case but nothng...finally seller vetting tried to tell me I listed the same handbag twice...even though it was sold ...so how can I relist it...change the color, the photos, but keep the basic info and sell it again???? Ghost bag?  Seller silnce 05...good feedback, over $18,000 in sales...private seller who buys and sells Coach bags.  Was told 'some people' were complaining about my listings saying they were questionable...yet I bought them from other EBAY sellers...and after I used them for a time...I relisted them...so I was recycling them...not buying from some shady supplier and they could verify that...I never sold any Coach bag that I didn't buy from an online seller.  Every person who bought was happy and gave good feedback.

Doesn't make sense ever.  So..with that...closed my acct and changed my ebay name to the ceo's name...jdonahue...as a joke cuz they would not let me delete my name.  Go fig.  After I pay my HUGE bill of $1.50...I will be gone..no buying ..no selling. done.

Message 18 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I understand...they burned me too.  I have been a good seller for eight years and yet they listened to 'other sellers' who had a 'question' about my listing for Coach handbags.  I bought them from other sellers ON EBAY so they were allowed to sell them to me but when I used them and resold them when I was ready for a new bag, MY BAG WAS PULLED and given a violation.

I didn't buy from some 'supplier'...I am a private seller...not a store.  I have 758* and good feedback and was told that miraculously ...one handbag that I listed and sold ..somehow became a 'ghost' bag ...I relisted it...and sold it...when I only bought one bag from a seller 6 months ago and resold it ...but A MONTH LATER ...I got hit with a violation on a bag that was already sold last month.  Not right away...like it should be...if there was a problem...but a month later...doesn't that sound odd? Didn't seem to to them, nor the fact that I only purchased ONE handbag, and put that same bag online months later...but somehow ...it changed color...the photos changed...but they swore it was me relisting it etc.  Had another item number and all. They would not consider my good listing feedback, how people have all been happy with my AUTHENTIC COACH BAGS ..nor the high percentage of positive sales...nothing mattered.  They just kept with their same story...somehow...after eight years...I turned into a crimlinal in their eyes.  So much for seller protection.  So much for investigation as to why so many things sounded and were not normal in my acct.   No more for me.  I just wasted eight years.  No buying no selling...I am done.

Message 19 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

In a word..Etsy...or Amazon  So sorry...I wasted eight years of being an 'outstanding seller' and positive feedback, and all, to be treated like a criminal because some people online 'questioned' one of my listings.  Since when do outside people get to call the shots? I sell nothing but AUTHENTIC yet I have been accused and am not allowed to know who,  or about what, or anything.  Just ...you're wrong and unless you want to pay $50.00 to an authenticator...you are guilty as charged.

I have never been treated so badly.  No selling...no buying...zip.  Moving on. So over Ebay

Message 20 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I told the guy in Seller Vetting that he need only consider that all of these people with problems all can't be bad people...that something is seriously wrong with their department.  They are persecuting innocent people who are good sellers...with good reputations that don't seem to mean diddly to them...they told me they cannot count your feedback, your positive good sales, your years of sales and money you've made them...they listen only to the word of others. 

So..I am done. End of story. 

Message 21 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I hope they do go down bigtime.  They just suspended me from selling in the department I use all the time for their 'questioning ' the authenticity of a handbag brought on by 'some people' who supposedly contacted ebay but there are two other handbags the very same bags and one the same color JUST LIKE MINE..I bought mine from a seller ON EBAY...a number of months ago, for our daughter but she had one like it and so I relisted it, to get my money back, and BOOM,

THE SAME BAG I BOUGHT FROM A SELLER...got pulled...and hit with a violation code...and then on another handbag that I sold over a month ago, and the buyer was happy with it, they wait a month and hit me with another code on it...and they tried to tell me I tried to the same bag twice...funny ..I only had one bag, and it sold...a month ago, and they tried to say that even though they show two item numbers, two diff. photos, with two diff. colors, but both under my name, with same description which included some scuffing.  I said that I purchased that handbag from an Ebay seller...that I didn't buy two, of the same bag, and how could two supposedly DIFFERENT LISTINGS ...two diff. dates, have the same scuffing...and his reply was...I bought them from a 'supplier' possibly with flawed hangbags. 

No ...my 'supplier' was a private woman ...an Ebay seller...who had ONE BAG...not two, and it was one color...not two with diff. colors.  You would think all this mixup would seem odd to them but somehow he made it make sense in his head and even though I told him I didn't purchase two and I never had any complaints and I had a right to know who was 'questioning' my authenticity..and they suggested I go to another website to 'authenticate' it to prove my point.

I told him that if he checked my account ...where I bought the bag...and ask that seller how many I bought etc. and all and the buyer who bought the bag when I resold it, if she bought one bag or two, etc. and whether it was authentic...they would not.  They would not do anything even though all these quirks didn't add up...a detective would investigate all these strange clues...but no...I was restricted ...boom...I went from "outstanding seller' to 'low life' in three days.  Go fig.

I am done.

Message 22 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I like my payments held,because I get a big paycheck at once. 

Message 23 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Why does ebay tell sellers how to get payment,give them cheap shipping prices when they have no real idea how much it will cost to ship?

They get sellers fees then they take a cut of your payment,and then tell you that you cant sale anything outside of ebay,got news for you ebay,once a item is shipped,nothing stops the seller from putting there number or email adddress in a package,hect you already get the buyers email once they pay.

Ebay is greedy and buyers are not smart enough to figure out that they are not trying to protect them but rather they want every cent they can get from the seller who has do all the real work like describe his item,take pics,and ship his item.

Message 24 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

Us buyers are just working for them,we list our stuff,take pics,have to buy shipping supplier,then ship.

They in return charge fees not only to list but to take a payment,then only allow sellers to charge so much for shipping,do you really think they know how much all these items will cost to ship, of course not.

Then they can hold you money anytime they choose.

Message 25 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

You'll have satisfaction one day. Ebay has gotten so bad I can't imagine anyone but Chinese dollar stores will be selling on here in another year. Hopefully Amazon or Google will create an auction format. Thay actually have customer service as opposed to seller dis-service. Till then, ebay can have their way with us as they're the only game in town.

Message 26 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

I, too, have been suspended due to buyers who rate unfairly or just plain lie. I have been doing a lot of research and learned there are many, many complaints about ebay online. A large amount of sellers have moved to ebid.net or onlineauction.com. Seems the way to go. 

I just cannot wrap my head around ebay's unfair seller policies. If you have a few buyers complain, you're restricted. I worked in retail for many years. Believe me, there are people who like to complain about everything! Several times people brought back clothing that had been worn, returned items that were 4 and 5 years old because they didn't "launder well,"   and the sales associate was expected to smile and accept the returned item. Can you imagine if retail stores were prohibited from selling because of a few irrational customers?? 

Message 27 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

See my post on this board about jumping ship ("If You Jumped Ship, What Would Be Your Ideal New Destination?") If we get enough people seriously discussing it, perhaps someone at eBay might actually start paying attention.

Message 28 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

For someone with an apparent *19* transactions, that's a pretty schoolmarmy lecture. Perhaps you have a PowerSeller account we don't know about?
Message 29 of 260
latest reply

ebay unfair to sellers

passline
Scout

I've been selling on eBay for 14 years, 4000 feedbacks, pretty much clean and spotless. Two weeks ago out of the blue, they put a 21 day hold on my paypal account due due penalizing me for "poor" shipping and handling performance (which has remained the same for all the years). The fact is that I do not make labels out through their system and they are penalizing me simply for the reason I have not conformed to their rules. They need to control all aspects of of their business which is the reality of their practices. I simply wish humans were making decisions as they obviously have employed monkeys to do their tidings. I enjoy selling on eBay JUST for the money, beyond that, they're (the monkeys) idiots reading from a rule book.

Message 30 of 260
latest reply