cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a seller win a case

I thought I saw it all,then ebay amazed me again..I sold a original 3 stooges autographed 8x10 picture from the 60's...From the beginning I knew I was in trouble..The buyer requested that I dont send providence (proof of authenticity),she requested I dont insure at my cost,she requested no confirmation mail...I did anyway..sig confirmation,insured and providence.She then states she sent a photocopy to unnamed friend who was an psa/ebay approved authenticator,who judged it as a fake..she opened a case without notifing me..I contacted ebay and pointed out all her rather strange emails on the ebay system..she showed buyers remorse..and even  tho ebay states they DONT have an approved authenticator and she had no paperwork...SHE WON THE CASE...How can you authenticate a photo copy in a week? why no insurance,providence,or confirmation request?..I have a 100 percent since 2009 and ebay says Im wrong even tho I have pics of stooges signing it,stooges hugging the lady with her name tag..(Paris).that is who pic  is made out to..and her will that states my best friend inherits it...Can a seller win a case?  ..In my opinion,They gave that buyer a license to use ebay reputation fraudulently..because her unamed friend can authenticate a photocopy under ebays name...wheres her paperwork or even whats his name?..I think us sellers are doomed....May we all rest in peace....:)

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: can a seller win a case

I have perfect feedback and have been selling on ebay since the beginning.  I've been ripped off by ebay for hundreds of dollars by con artist and unethical buyers who are fully aware of ebays policies on always supporting the buyer.  This week - another $50 down the drain.  Insurance, tracking - nothing helps.  The buyers do not have to return the item.  Money will be fully refunded to them from your papayl account, even if it's hundreds of dollars and they have the item.  Even if you call ebay to report a con artist buyer, and have solid proof, customer service will tell you they will rule in your favor, you will then receive a notice they have ruled in buyers favor, as they always rule in favor of the buyer.  Sellers do not have a chance.  It's like a Las Vegas slot machine, sometimes you win (get an honest buyer) but most often you lose.  Do not sell expensive items you are not willing to give away for free.  There is a high chance not only you will be giving it away for free, but you will be spending your hard earned money on shipping the con artist their "free" item.  Always report the ebay rip off to both BBB and consumer affairs.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Got ripped of today 178.00 sold brand new item buyer returned used Brocken item not the original part happened to me twice no mater what you do eBay sides with the buyer just going to sell junk now no support from eBay they encourage the buyer to steal and they are their acomplis what is the matter with these people can't they see what is going on WOW 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

1. Hi can you give more info how you won the case pls.
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

no one ever gives up the "HOW I WON MY RETURN CASE AS A SELLER" its very frustrating 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

i won my case, by sending them an email, stating i was calling the BBB, and filing a complaint with my states Attorney Generals office, they emailed me within 10 minutes, stating they relooked over the case, and found it to be in my favor, but they have to grant the buyer a refund as well. So it was a mutual refund i guess you would call it? I sold a iphone 7 Pus for $680, the buyer said it wasnt as described, so i granted a return, to avoid bad feeedback. The seller returned the item in a different state than i sold it. i Sold it SIM unlocked, it got returned locked to a network. opened a case and lost, reappealed and lost, signed a declaration stating i recieved it in a different state, and still they said theres nothing they can do. So i messaged back and told them "i was calling the BBB and the Attorney Generals office! have a good day!" they messaged back and fixed the problem right away..it was a LONG process, but it got fixed finally! Dont give up!!

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

So how did you email eBay when you threatened BBB?  

I am in a fight right now over this listing...  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-90s-Champion-Philadelphia-76ers-Allen-Iverson-Basketball-Jersey-Size... The buyer purchased this from me and claims it's not authentic because the NBA Authentics patch at the bottom has "excess white fabric on either side" - there are multiples on eBay that look JUST like it and lots that actually have less fabric.  Every tag and stitch on this jersey looks and feels correct compared to multiple videos and web sites dedicated to the subject.  Buyer opened up a case and won and is supposedly sending the item back now on my dime and I have to return all funds including original shipping and can't charge 15% restock fee...and I get a strike and the buyer can leave bad feedback yada yah.  I called eBay and of course got Philipines on 15 straight calls tonight.  Finally engaged a rep who told me they sided with the buyer because I didn't grant the return request.  The buyer made this claim and checked "Doesn't seem authentic" as his return reason which of course means if I accept the return all the costs are on me.  I messaged the buyer back for days (no response) proving the item was authentic (or at least proving his reason had no merit given the similar listings on eBay AND the web knowledge base) but he never responded.  Waited til he could open a case, did it and within minutes eBay sided with him.  I've been selling for 2 years so I know it's just the typical way eBay handles this but on principle I want to fight it more because this is just wrong.  The rep on the phone actually told me if I could provide authenticity (she implied some sort of certificate) then they could do something.  Really? This is not autographed.  Do you get certificates of authenticity when you buy clothes in stores?  Unreal.  Help!  

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I sold a yeezy boost 350 zebra to a buyer, and he said it was fake, but I can provide all the evidence to show me bought from adidas.com, and right now this shoes worth 700dollars, I sold at 650, 

I already marked ''NO RETURN ACCEPT'' but ebay says this is under 100% money back gaurentee policy, it's a trick for seller.

I'm afraid some one will trick me and I thought this no return policy will protect me. that's why I list my shoes on ebay, and right now ,post office may lost my return package, and I'm sure buyer already switch my real one to a fake one maybe even worse. 

I told customer service I can provide all my evidence, I took picture and video before I send it out, but they said they don't need it.

right now I wanna win this case, because it worthy hundreds, I'm just a student who raffle online and sell it for Christmas gifts for my family. I don't have one yeezy shoes for myself, because I planing sell it and buying something for my family.

Is there any one had this situation before may help me? thank you very much, I'm really need some advice, thank you really

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

What’s a BBB?

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Better Business Bureau
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Ebay policies are to protect scammers

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi! I was wondering if you could give me tips for my current situation. I'm a first time seller and feel like I am going to lose a lot of money I cannot afford here.

I recently sold a broken Breitling watch. The buyer knew it was broken. I had gotten it appraised privately and was told it needed a new battery and maintenance, that it had dust and debris, etc. I stated, "it comes as is, I've stated as much as I know." The buyer is now requesting a full refund saying it's broken and the movement doesn't work. But I SAID that it is broken and doesn't work and needs maintenance!! What do I do???
Message 27 of 27
latest reply