cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a seller win a case

I thought I saw it all,then ebay amazed me again..I sold a original 3 stooges autographed 8x10 picture from the 60's...From the beginning I knew I was in trouble..The buyer requested that I dont send providence (proof of authenticity),she requested I dont insure at my cost,she requested no confirmation mail...I did anyway..sig confirmation,insured and providence.She then states she sent a photocopy to unnamed friend who was an psa/ebay approved authenticator,who judged it as a fake..she opened a case without notifing me..I contacted ebay and pointed out all her rather strange emails on the ebay system..she showed buyers remorse..and even  tho ebay states they DONT have an approved authenticator and she had no paperwork...SHE WON THE CASE...How can you authenticate a photo copy in a week? why no insurance,providence,or confirmation request?..I have a 100 percent since 2009 and ebay says Im wrong even tho I have pics of stooges signing it,stooges hugging the lady with her name tag..(Paris).that is who pic  is made out to..and her will that states my best friend inherits it...Can a seller win a case?  ..In my opinion,They gave that buyer a license to use ebay reputation fraudulently..because her unamed friend can authenticate a photocopy under ebays name...wheres her paperwork or even whats his name?..I think us sellers are doomed....May we all rest in peace....:)

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: can a seller win a case

katyany
Enthusiast

eBay rule # 1 - Seller  N E V E R   WINS !

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

eBay rule # 1 - Seller  N E V E R   WINS !

Wrong.

I've won as a seller -- twice.

And both were international sales.

But I got smart and don't sell internationally anymore.

Didn't want to push my luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Yes a seller can and will win a case! For I won my case and the item was worth a lot of money. Always protect yourself, no less I won case and buyer sent back item which he lost, it not how i operate, but that buyer was trying to be slick and lost it all, why I was on top of it covered all bases.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Even if you win you still lose because of the feedback.  Ebay should make it impossible for a buyer who loses a case to leave negative feedback.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Even if you win you still lose because of the feedback.  Ebay should make it impossible for a buyer who loses a case to leave negative feedback.

I totally agree and I'm a buyer. EBay sucks for sellers (ESS) Ebay should also allow sellers to leave FB that is factual. The only prob with this is some sellers have used FB in a retaliatory fashion.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I may have lost the case..Maybe I helped other sellers..I contacted PSA,and spoke to management on the phone...They could not find a record of the pic being checked and requested all of the ladies emails..They said it might not help me,but they intend to contact ebay management to state unless a person has a certificate number,Buyers may not use PSA name....I hope it helps others...:)

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I am sorry this happened to you. 

it is possible to in a case but you have to have documentation . it will also help to try to contact Ebay trust and safety and have them look into your account and the buyer's account.

If possible try calling in the early hours and ask to speak to a USA rep.

Good luck to you and hope you can get it resolve in your favor

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

No. not normally. I won't sell anything over a couple hundred dollars on ebay because I'm afraid of getting ripped off, and ebay will support the thief "buyer".

I have some items that are worth a couple thousand dollars and would easily sell, but I can't risk the high chance of getting scammed, and eBay will do nothing but obstruct my attempts to correct the situation.

For those high end items, I either keep them, or find a brick and morter auction house that will take it (and I have to pay 20% commission to them). But I can't get scammed, so I'm happy.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

You are so right,. You never win the case, even with a damaged package and insurance claim granted, you still get negative feedback and ebay wont remove it. It never gets removed no matter what you  do. Ebay alway sides with the buyer never the seller.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Yes, it is possible to win a case and yes the feedback  if negative will be removed. The feedback policy was changed recently here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

The following types of Feedback may be removed:

• Negative or neutral Feedback left when the seller won an eBay Buyer Protection or PayPal Purchase Protection case.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

all buyers have the right option to return an item for refund within the specified time limit.

your buyer is a little weird, but she does have this option.

as for doing an authentication in a week, if you watch shows like Pawn Stars,

they get autograph authentication very quickly.

granted, not in the few minutes on the show, but very quickly.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

USA rep would be so helpful rather than speaking to someone in Philippines that's polite yet is of no help.
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Yes never sell expensive things on ebay.  Thieves have a field day sending back empty packages, fake items replacement stones etc.  Ebay will stand by the buyer.  Very rare to win your case.  My friend lost $1600 dollars on jade ring a year ago on ebay overseas sale. Send back fake gold jade ring.  Even though photographs of sale item showed small dings  and scratches in his ring over 100 years old and used verses item received.  Ebays reply  ..."photos are not proof or item" buyer wins he looses  $1600 dollars gone. Ebay nightmare.  Police can do nothing ...overseas sale.  There is no "seller" support on ebay  and seller protection is just not true  and it is a place where you sell at your own risk.  You will always loose with ebay.  Now with 30 day return.  Plan on loosing more.  Just sell junk on ebay.....THE CON IS IN FOR THE FRAUDULANT BUYER AND EBAY KNOWS IT AND SEEMS TO SUPPORT IT.  GOOD LUCK ON EBAY. YOUR GOING TO NEED IT.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

the case must have been a long time ago that you won .todays e-bay its automatice that the seller loses .i have been told by e-bay to bad if the buyer rips you off..YOU LOSE e-bay goes by % so if you get ripped off and leave you just fall in that % of losers .their are 1,000 's more ready to take your place .sellers are a dime a dozen but buyers rule .

Message 15 of 27
latest reply