eBay Cafe
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Want to see who really owns eBay? 92% of stock is held by large investment firms.

Here is a link to a list of eBays majority shareholders.https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/ebay/institutional-holdings 92% of eBay stock is held by investment firms. Hard to tell how much of that is held by the Chinese.If you sellers are w...

Is eBay Corporate even reading these boards?

Continuing the poor eBay sales discussion: I read this report this morning - "But eBay's challenges extend beyond internet sales tax. International GMV growth has slowed from 7% in the third quarter last year to just 1% this year. Moreover, the numbe...

GHOST TOWN

My listings would get 10x the views and maybe even a sale if I had them listed on a piece of driftwood ...written in ancient alien dielect, burried 10 feet under the surface of the moon. ya... its that bad

Are hand dryers effective in killing the new coronavirus?

No. Hand dryers are not effective in killing the 2019-nCoV. To protect yourself against the new coronavirus, you should frequently clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Once your hands are cleaned, you shou...

Health: Coronavirus and Buying Onion Soup

Mon 2-17-2020 7:55 p.m. I do not like the idea of a virus giving me a bad time when it comes to purchasing the things I love on ebay. In 1918, the Spanish Flu killed millions internationally. The virus appeared and then disappeared mysteriously. One ...

$30,000,000,000 death knell

Am I the only one who saw this coming I think eBay “checked-out” long ago b/c eBay executives knew a liquidation sale was coming. eBay stupidly ignored the overly generous offer, but it’s a sign they can b bought. It actually might b a blessing in di...

Hey ebay I read your profit are down 29%

Maybe if you did['t treat your sellers like DIRT, we'd both be doing better. I needed your REQUIRED item specifics like I needed a hole in the head. One consequence is that I have 100's of lots I want to LOWER the price on, but I'll have to add your ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 6 helpful

Finally, an Ebay CEO that may be catching on.

This from EcommerceBytes, interim CEO of Ebay... The ethos of eBay is the "enthusiast buyer" and the "value seeker." They tend to index towards collectibles, vintage, last year's model - it's the "spectrum of value" eBay provides, Schenkel said. "The...

User avatar by Guide
  • 11 replies
  • 3 helpful

Ebay is worth 30 Billion?

Ran into an article on the Daily Mail. What do you think is going to happen this year?New York Stock Exchange owner offers to buy eBay for $30 billion as the e-commerce giant faces increased pressure to improve profitsInternational Exchange Inc (ICE)...

Preliminary Takeover Talks

Overview Intercontinental Exchange Inc, the owner of the New York Stock Exchange, has held preliminary takeover talks with eBay to add the online marketplace to its portfolio of businesses

Starboard Pressures EBay to Split Off Classifieds

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/starboard-steps-pressure-ebay-split-140501497.html Activist investor Starboard Value is ramping up pressure on EBay Inc. to separate its classifieds business and implement more aggressive operational targets, arguing th...

7000 Online?

Wow, what's everyone doing? 7000 eBayers just reading? Wow. Answer questions or ask. Makes me wonder if the total eBay tells me is here now is a real amount of eBayers.

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels