eBay Cafe
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Longtime Seller Mentally Struggling

Hi fellow eBayers, how are you dealing with this stay at home mandate? For me it's the same day over & over. Even need to check the news to see what day it really is. Still selling & thankful. 1 or 2 items daily. Yeah, helps kill maybe 20 minutes. Th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 41 replies
  • 1 helpful

Can any sellers make sense of this?

Over the weekend i placed a online order from a National chain bbq restaurant. Along with your meal selection, you have an option to "add on a rib" for $2. I wanted to add on 3 but it wouldn't let me. All i could add on was 1. So i called them up. It...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 22 replies
  • 1 helpful

What do we do if the USPS closes or drastically increase shipping fees ???

As a seller on Ebay, I'm growing increasingly concerned about the future of the USPS (United States Postal Service)... The maniac in the White House wants to force them to charge up to four times their current fees, become privatized, or shut down co...

when the new normal means giving up

My two real inventory sources are a local library that I sell for on commission and a used bookstore that lets people take unwanted books for free. Now every time I talk to the library director about when they will reopen it keeps getting pushed back...

User avatar by Guide
  • 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

small silver lining

I am a bookdealer and still work in a good deal of volume for one person (ie: I don't only sell 2 $100 books a week). Today I picked up a box that was heavier than I expected and felt it in my lower back. All of a sudden I realized that it's been wee...

User avatar by Guide
  • 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

eBay is Turning into New York, but at least Cuomo gets it!

Seems eBay keeps conniving to reap more fees from the sellers, to wit, the new Good Till Cancelled policy to snag fees from sellers to neglect to end their unsold listings after 30 days. As sellers leave because eBay's hoops keep getting harder to ju...

busier than expected

At the beginning of the shut down I said to myself that if my backlog ran out at least I could make lemonade by doing a lot of inventory work and digging into boxes of stuff that seem marginal. Tons of comic books for example. I was taking the older ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Covid-19 ... is boredom setting in?????

I am ready to get busy with a whole lot of things I can't get busy with ... I won't sugar coat it, I won't deny it ... but this week boredom has set in ...

Hi

Hi everyone I haven’t been around lately. My son in law drowned accidentally on April 5 and it’s been a mess. Those of you that know me know my daughter works for homeland security and had life insurance on him but they refused to pay stating they do...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chat rooms

Where are the "chat rooms?"

Breaking Bad Netflix program

Hi all, Although I am usually on the Seller & Buyer boards, I knew if I posted this on one of those it would be deleted so I thought I would post it here !! OK, I am a 59-year old female, I live in New Hampshire. I am about as conservative (and I am ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

what is your experience with Facebook Marketplace?

I've been having some interesting experiences trying it this week. By far the prices are too high. I was messaging with a woman who had some management exam books listed for $50. I said OK, kinda high to invest in books to sell , but willing if condi...

User avatar by Guide
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay selling fees

EBAY just charged me over $160 to sell a $625 stroller +$75 shipping. **bleep** is going on? This is ridiculous

Has this ever happened?

Was there ever a time where a buyer made a post about an issue they were having with a seller and that same seller made a post about having an issue with that same buyer? I wonder if that ever happened.

Labels
Most Marked as Helpful Authors