eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Where can I file a complaint about EBay's customer support.

My EBAY account COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED! All my sales info, ratings etc...

What was EBAY's answer to me? That I WAS A LIAR, that my account never EXISTED.

In fact, the sweet little Indian girl insisted over and over again that I was in fact LYING!

Does it matter that my PAYPAL Account still shows many of the transactions I had with EBAY? Hell no!

So I had to open up a brand new account with no customer feedback, which means that my sales will get lower bids and cost me money.

THANKS EBAY, You have another satisfied customer!

Uh, I'm lying about that, because hey I'm a liar according to your support person.

Please use plain text.
karl*katz
Community Member

Re: Where can I file a complaint about EBay's customer support.

in reply to knoteboom

http://www.ebayinc.com/contact

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Those Ebay Customer Support people have some major attitude issues! I called in a nice way and tone and was treated like a I was a thief/liar/most horrible person in the world for nothing! RIDICULOUS!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Now that eBay's sole reason for existence is GREED, eBay doesn't have any 'Customer Service' or Customer Support any more.  Now they just have an '800' number that after 20 minutes on hold, gets you a moron in the Phillipines that can't understand of speak English.  eBay doesn't want to help you with any problems, they only want your money.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

In 15K transaction I had on eBay for a diamond that turned out not to be what was described and seller was very deceitful after he refused to refund the item and shipping cost, I left him a negative feedback. Ebay immediately removed the negative feedback for him and in turn enabling him to continue his deceitful practice. I was careful to spot and discover seller’s deceitfulness but many more may not be such lucky. When I called eBay they cited that my history of occasional leaving feedback prompted them to do so. Of course I leave negative feedback to deceitful sellers. I don’t find money on trees.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Ebay is a joke......spend your time answering their questions and filing the paperwork........waiting for responses........signing affidavit....faxing it back....Then they dismiss your complaint of not receiving an item for one of there sellers that doesn't even espond to their requests....What  a joke.      No more of my money will ever reach Ebay....shambay again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

English is not my first language but I've been using it every day for last 14 years . Today for the first time someone told me that my English is not good enough to communicate and maybe I should call back and request bilingual person . On top of that woman had very thick accent . Is this some kind of joke ?! 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

There is no means to contact eBay customer service directly in writing. This link will not help you. eBays phone line will instruct you to get live help from the upper right corner of their home page. Neither the ebay.com page nor the corporate page have such a link. Poor service makes for a poor product. The menu driven customer support links don't even begin to address the myriad of possible problems a customer might have. The lack of a means to efficiently report counterfeit or fraudulent items make me suspicious that eBay is trying to avoid having to investigate these complaints so as to collect more fees, obviously at the consumers expense. Bad service makes for a bad company. The fact that these posts are here as long as they are proves this. If you do not get satisfaction, go to an outside agency.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

This is so true. They do not care about you as the customer, nor your purchases. They give you only 45 days to file a complaint, which as we all know is eaten up quickly in shipping times, long communication periods etc. The seller purposely drug this issue out for us, till we could no longer file a complaint and now we are SOL.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to knoteboom

I bought a watch from  on 13dec and an empty packet reached me on 25 dec.I lodged a complaint with the seller and also raised a dispute under Paypal.The seller promised that as soon as they got a lost report from their post they would either replace or refund.I did not therefore lodge a claim.5 months have passed and they have neither refunded or replaced.They have not replied to over30 emails.  is supposed to be EBAY TOP SELLER.Please help me retrieve my 135 usd

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

I've posted this several times already, but people need to know what they'll be dealing with should they need to contact customer support.

Tried contacting ebay customer support about an case that had been resolved, but ebay had delivered the wrong return address.  After being transferred around from person to person and finally arriving to the buyer protection center, I was treated like criminal.  I was talked down to, told it was my fault, that I was incorrect, and should have updated my personal information correctly.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor about the way I was being treated, the representative told me no, that there was no one to talk to, and she hung up on me.

I like saving money, but this is totally not worth it.  Ebay should be ashamed.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

I can figure out whats worse feebay's policies or their customer service. Feebay tells me that their going to call me back over an issue I had within 24-48 hours - how did I know that they would never bother to call me back.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

*can't

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

I suppose this problem is not news...but eBay/PayPal has recently informed me that the funds I have received from the last 4 sales will not be available until 21 days from the sale.

I consider this extremely dishonest, and a problem for me, as I now have to pay S and H in order to send the goods to my buyers...even though they have ALREADY sent S and H.

I do not intend to waste my time trying to protest to eBay...will just close my account once I get my money.

---Wayne---

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Its ditto to all the comments.  I was disqualified from top rated seller status for 2 months and hence lost my discount because a customer picked up 7 items rather than have them shipped.  No shipping charged, no final value fees charged, but had the 7 listings counted against me for non upload of tracking info?  Called Ebay and they said quote "Theres nothing we can do"  Been a seller for 11 years and they are willing to let me go over this.  The system is flawed, the people are robots, and all they really want to do is be Amazon.  We need Meg back!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Write a blog about your bad ebay experiences on WordPress too. And post on mine there as well. It's called Ebay Horror Stories.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Please, what is the URL of your blog?

I just did a search for "ebay horror stories" and didn't see anything on the top page that looked like your blog.

(The first several results were pages on ebay.com. What a surprise!)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Here is another option for (reading and) posting complaints:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/online_sales.htm
   generic:   http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ebay.htm
   seller issues: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ebay_sellers.html

Please use plain text.
jpsny
Community Member

in reply to knoteboom

Hands down the WORST customer support in the Philippines I have ever experienced  Ebay is clearly going downhill fast. What a shame. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Re: Where can I file a complaint about EBay's customer support.

in reply to knoteboom

After spending the day with steam coming out of my ears I am so glad I found discussion.

I am both a buyer and seller on Ebay and try my very best to be honest and fair but having had 3 bad experiences as a buyer I had to leave negative feedback as I had nothing neutral or positive to say. One experience consisted of a seller selling me an item as new that was second hand and when I opened a case after they refused to communiacte with me I was subjected to appalling insults, abuse, threats, foul language and someone coming round to my home to 'sort me out' so after the case being settled in my favour and Ebay agreeing the seller had violated numerous policies in their communication with me I left negative feedback which I made sure was in line with the feedback policy. I'm not one for resorting to insults, just try to be honest.

However, being honest is obviously not encouraged on Ebay and I have had a message (that was gramatically incorrect!) informing me that because I have left 3 lots of negative feedback in a certain amount of time my 'behaviour' is not acceptable and if I persist my account will be subject to sanctions! Also my negative feedback has been removed!

I was obviously upset and frustrated, and that's putting it mildly, so contacted customer support only for most of my questions to be ignored (something customer support seem to excel in!) and for me to be told again that I need to take note of this warning. It is bad

enough that Ebay decided buyers can no longer receive anything but positive feedback but it now seems Ebay want to police absoloutely everything and if you are unlucky enough to have 3 bad buying experiences and are truthful and leave honest negative feedback you are threatened with account sanctions and the seller gets away with having their behaviour exposed and other buyers are left clueless as to what others have experienced.

After the particular buying experience I've detailed above I'm disgusted at Ebay's behaviour and am thinking of just closing my account as due to the increased fees there seems to be no point in being loyal anymore when they are so dictatorial and the customer service is a joke. I know that if I continue to complain and fight my case with customer service eventually I'll just be ignored or will just receive answers to questions I have not

asked so although it is against my nature to give up I'm thinking what's the point? I would be interested to hear if anyone else has been subjected to this and if they complained

and got anywhere.

Please use plain text.