cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats going on with ebay sales?

Hello Everyone,

what's going on with ebay these last few months? My sales are down last month 70-80% and so far this month it's just about 90%. I'm getting no views and nothing is selling even at discounted prices. i've done a little research and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new search ebay is using. I called ebay and they were less than helpful and I swear I heard the customer service woman doing her nails and sighing when I explained how part of my livelihood was coming apart. As if I was inconveniencing her. Add to that the fact that neither she or her supervisor hardly spoke english and the fees that are out of control, i'm just about done with selling on here. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Don't know for sure but my sales are down too, so I just quit selling on Ebay. I have been selling more in a antique mall and getting three times more for my stuff. Ebay keeps changing things and it is getting harder to find things. After so many clicks I give up looking. I don't know what Ebay is thinking but they better wake up!! They are overpricing sellers to where their quitting. Anyway I believe Ebay is on it's way out. They got too greedy pushing sellers away. I believe I will go back to Flea Markets. There more fun you can sell and buy and have that personal touch. Just my thoughts?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi, I agree! My sales are non existent for Dec too! I' m pretty fed up with the fees, losing my top rated status for not uploading 2 packages tracking in sept & no reinstatement yet! Despite hours of wasted time with customer service who can't speak English & could care less , even rude!  Where else can I sell on internet since disabled & can't sell at fleamarkets ect. Also I sell Belly Dance costumes, not your everyday item.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

As a seller almost from the start of Ebay, I am saddened to have to agree that the management of Ebay views the system as a cash cow, ignoring those of us who helped make them what they are today. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Amen to that.  I will never sell/buy on ebay again.

I have been an honest seller on ebay for years; recently I sold a huge lot of jewelry; buyer untruthfully stated it was all damaged goods and bubble gum jewelry.  The truth of the matter is she only paid $625 for what in actuality was over $4,000 retail.  I lost my storefront and basically gave it away on ebay auction.  She unfairly and dishonestly claimed it was broken, damaged and junk jewelry.  Without really considering my side of the situation, ebay has sided with her over  and is refunding $625 and CHARGED ME $100 for fees.  Is this fair?  Is this good business practices on the part of ebay.  Truthfully, I'm devastated.  First I lose my business, sell the stuff on ebay thinking it will help me out since I have lost everything financially.  Now this criminal thief liar is going to send me back merchandise that she will no doubt damage so that she looks like she is telling the truth - and I will have to come up with the money again, pay $100 in fees and I had to pay $25 in shipping over 15 pounds of jewelry - all because ebay believed this liar and not a seasoned honest seller.  Wow!!!!!  I say get some seller protection.  I will NEVVVVEEEERRRRRRRRRRR use ebay again.

I have photographs upon photographs that I sent this liar perfect lovely - good - undamaged jewelry.  Yes, it was costume jewelry, but she knew from description and 12 very clear photos what she was getting.  It is so unfair.  I clearly stated No Returns - but obviously that does not matter to ebay.  Like I said, I will never sell again - I rather put it in the trash.  I'm so devastated by this - financially I do not know what to do.  I could not reason w/ebay - they just kept replying from a script.  The woman (buyer) is a common thief, liar, con artist.  Ebay earns their living from sellers like me, you, us.  If they keep protecting con artist buyers, they won't have sellers to make their money from.  They better rethink this buyer protection and have fairness for all.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

azboatman99
Enthusiast

I have not used ebay as a seller for a while, until the 3 items I put in last week. I sold two items for a total of just over $600. My ebay fees are $136 and change. Then, they added $24 dollars more for the final value of the frigging shipping. I am logging off right after this, and never coming back to ebay.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

WHY doesn't ebay listen to it's members??  Even Coca-Cola (a MUCH larger company than ebay) listened to it's buying public in the mid-80's, and changed.  Ebay needs to ditch the arrogant God complex, and start changing it's evil ways!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

fashionsavings
Enthusiast

Have you tried selling on Bonanza? I have notice in some listings over there some are from ebay.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

same here sales are down big time, like you no views, i about give up

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yes its Ebay playing God with customer ' Don.t 'care agents who barely speak English. Ebay trying to get everyone on to a store front platform and do away with sellers like me. !2 years with ebay 100% feedback but still graded as below standard - First time ever. No views as no one can see my items due to Ebays new algorythms that just promote big corporates and large Ebay shops . I'm going over to Ebid !

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I've noticed a tremendous drop in sales with 10 times fewer views. I'm a top rated seller and it literally has dropped off. I have a storefront and it doesn't matter. Used to like selling on ebay but now I'm jumping ship. Fees are ridiculous and not worth the low exposure. Ebay has and is dropping the ball. Unless of course your from China. Disappointed
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I sell on bonanza but its a sale every once in awhile

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I’ve had the same experience. I’m down by 80%. I’ve joined 2 other sites and it seems to be going pretty decent. I really hope that Ebay gets it together. Fee are crazy

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I have the same issues....no views from legit people and alot of scammers trying to offer me all this extra money for an inexpensive item! I can post something for $60 and they offer 150!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply