cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual sales decline Mid July till current. Anyone else or just me.

I had a major sale decline started in mid July to current.

Just currious if anyone else has had this. Its not the normal slow down that happens at times.

Just wanting to know how many others maybe are experiencing it.

If I am the only one, need to look at my inventory and prices, but if it effecting everyone else as well, then its beyound my control.

Thanks for any input into the matter.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Unusual sales decline Mid July till current. Anyone else or just me.

A big thank you for the information.

Best,

Ray

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

Yes, Sales are way off... Views are off... Anyone having technical site issues?

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

I am very, very slow....Way down from last year. 

Message 63 of 72
latest reply

I agree. My sales have been really bad. It has been really slow since june. 

Message 64 of 72
latest reply

I have been the same way. It seems like when they went to mostly "buy it now" is when my sales starting plummeting. EBAY has been an auction site and that is where I make my $$$. There is definitely a serious problem.  I almost didn't renew my store subscription the last time, but I will not renew again.  It has become a joke. 

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

Yep, My sales have been in the tank for a long time.  Same items are selling elsewhere but not on ebay.  It is getting to be more trouble than it is worth.  Ebay continues to use algorithms that cater to the big guy and to ones who they can extort the promoted listing fees of 30% from.  All the time they have tried to convince sellers they are not manipulating the searches.  Now Charish has linked with e-bay.  So I guess ebay thinks they can charge the same as a higher end site such as Charish even though the sales are not comparable.  At 30% I can go back to brick and mortor.  Just pay them and walk away.  No packing, No shipping, No photographing, No Uploading and Listing, No hassel with returns,  No e-mails, etc.  Facebook and other sites are looking better all the time.  E-bays greed and manipulation of algorithms  will be their end.  

Message 66 of 72
latest reply

It's pandemic.  We have a 20% return rate and they buy, use for 30 days then say it is defective and we have to pay shipping back.  Big weight items are just asking for the scam; received damaged/defective want a refund and we pay postage for return.  We stopped shipping anything weighing over 2lbs just for this reason.  The number of complaints has risen also, no matter how good the service, the product or the communication they extort a bad comment for a refund.  We particularly notice this with foreign buyers (domestic).  Business has dropped 60% from last period and I think the number of sellers has declined proportionally as well due to the return policy and the cost of shipping.  Shipping costs have wiped out any profit margin and the buyer is now spoiled by Amazon into thinking they can buy, get a refund and buy something else again at our expense.  No good, we are closing shop this year.

Message 67 of 72
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its me too. then have to take a week off, turn on vacation notice and a few sales, then my ratings do a dropp. if that doesn hurt, but hey just hoping for a great christmas. halloween sales were nodda this yr. dropping the prices way down. the other sellers are helping, if we could all be strong and keep the prices about the same it would help. but when another sells there item for dirt cheap its kills many sales.  But here everyday selling. have to !  GOOD LUCK MY FELLOW SELLER!

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

eBay sold out to the "big guys" for reduced fees is the answer to the search engine part of this. Bad, bad move eBay!
Message 69 of 72
latest reply

Same here: my sales have dropped.  Considering to switch to Alibaba.

This seems to be a new policy that is in place. Maybe Ebay wants all the sellers to gikve up on their own, before Ebay closes for good. This way, Ebay can avoid any law suits. Just a thought.

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

Yep, I too am feeling the pinch. I also have a retail store local for over 20 years and it's been really quiet the last Month.

Not sure what's happening.

I do know that sunday and Monday (7/30 and 7/31) sales started to look normal again. Not sure about the rest of the week.

Message 71 of 72
latest reply

Same thing here!!  I'm not really big but this is extremely slow for my sales. 

Message 72 of 72
latest reply