cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual sales decline Mid July till current. Anyone else or just me.

I had a major sale decline started in mid July to current.

Just currious if anyone else has had this. Its not the normal slow down that happens at times.

Just wanting to know how many others maybe are experiencing it.

If I am the only one, need to look at my inventory and prices, but if it effecting everyone else as well, then its beyound my control.

Thanks for any input into the matter.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Unusual sales decline Mid July till current. Anyone else or just me.

Sales since the recession were never great but this last year was a huge drop. Eighty percent is about right. The other sides, so far as I no, are faring no better.

Message 46 of 72
latest reply

I have seen a steady decline in the past 12 months and now I have FALLEN OFF A CLIFF. My sales are in the toilet, NOT EVEN ANY WATCHERS. I hear E-bay is screwing with the search engines ? I use to make daily trips to Fed Ex and the post office, Its down to about ONCE A WEEK NOW. I am still a Top rated seller with 5 Star ratings but that does not seem to matter anymore.

Message 47 of 72
latest reply

Me too down  started in May to unbearable lows.  about 80% off. Can no longer list items do to the fees eating what little profit I have made. will be out of business in about 30 days if the trend continues.... devastated 😞

Message 48 of 72
latest reply

I am having the same problem! Unusual and very dramatic decline!

Message 49 of 72
latest reply

Ditto, y'all. It's as bad as it gets. Maybe internet auctions have run their course. I'll hang on for a while longer.

Message 50 of 72
latest reply

our sales peaked out in may of 2015 this year at 250k per month. we have consistently dramatically dropped in sales since then and are now averaging 50k a month a less. we will be out of business by the end of the year. very sad as we have been with ebay since 2003 and over 20 employees count on there jobs. we are adding more and more items daily as sales go down and are spending 10 times more advertising dollars as well and ebay has no answers at all. ebay makes 4-5 times profit as us on our items and we are doing all the hard work. any reccomendations please help!!

Message 51 of 72
latest reply

hi....my situation EXACTLY!!!! Ebay please please please help!!!!!

Message 52 of 72
latest reply

Me too since september my sale dropped to half daily .in my opnion is just ebay search engine or might be amazon huge sale volume.

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

Same here. Looking for alternatives. Spending money to list items that do not get seen just seems foolish to me. I was on the phone with an eBay rep the other night who also searched my item and neglected to find it.
Message 54 of 72
latest reply

Same here. Exactly. It isn't worth it to sell on ebay anymore. Between the effort expended and the fees which accrue regardless of sales I'm about done. I used to go to the post office daily looking lime Santa Claus. Now a few times a week with an item or two. If I'm lucky.
Message 55 of 72
latest reply

Amen. Ready to jump ship myself.
Message 56 of 72
latest reply

I'm looking. Will pass along anything that looks promis ing. I used to buy everything on ebay as well. With sales low and some other issues that i have with them...I'm not about to give them any more of my money.
Message 57 of 72
latest reply

There is something scary happening. I had the worst Summer I've had in years.   My average sale price has dropped sharply and there hasn't been the normal post Summer bump that I usually see.  Everyone I talk to that has sold on the site for years is noticing a decline in sales. 

Message 58 of 72
latest reply

EBAY ISN'T NEW ANYMORE, ALONG WITH EBAY'S TSK TSK RULES TURNED ALOT OF SELLERS OFF ADDED WITH SELLER MUST SELL  SO MUCH,HIGH COMPETION BROUGHT  PRICES DOWN.  SO BAD THE SHIPPING COST WERE MORE THAN PROFIT.SELLERS GET TO THE POINT OF WHY TRY ANYMORE. SELLERS CAN SEE WHERE EBAY WANTS HIGH VOLUME TICKETS FOR THEIR CUT.PITY THE CEO  WHO IS TRYING TO BRING EBAY BACK TO THE PROFITS THEY ONCE HAD.

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

I would seriously look into amazon.. Their listing process is much more complicated than Ebay and the photo requirements are pretty strict, but if you can jump through the hoops and learn their terminology it will be rewarding.

If you have an item that is already listed on Amazon you can attach your item to the existing listing and this takes about 30 seconds to find the item.

I have over 900 listings on Ebay and 225 listings on Amazon. Amazon has consistantly doubled ebays figures for the last 3 months.

The main thing is not to get discouraged with the listing processs especially with what they call a variation listings....(different colors and sizes in the same item)

The next step for me is going to FBA (fullfillment by amazon) you send the product to them and they do the rest. This is even more complicated but according to information on YOU TUBE it is very rewarding.

I really would take a serious look at Amazon

Any questions feel free to contact me.

Message 60 of 72
latest reply