cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
36 REPLIES 36

Sock Monkey Dave's bar and grill is now open

No more mingling with the unwashed masses? lol

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@ymeagainlord

Last saturday night one of my tall tales got moved.

And a mod suggested I start my own group.

The create a group was broken.

And she just got back to me that it was now fixed.

I guess it takes a while to update,

but it should show up, in ebay friends.

Trust me, if I get a good story, I will let you all know.

edit not last night but a week ago...

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

Well thank you Mr. Dave:)  I'm sittin here with a beer in one hand and and an ice pick in the other.  This mouse plague has me out for blood. There's one I call Nickels that I'm gunning for tonight.... the end is near. He's trapped in the front door closet.

And, I'm so glad....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_W-S31rXY

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

Ah, NO.  Try living 15 feet away from the back door of a restaurant and then tell me how to save the cute little creatures.  They got into my back laundry room, into some 96 gal storage bins. I threw away about 500.00 in (formerly) useable items yesterday and today. These mice have not damaged or eaten one bit of food supply. We've had an unusual 8 inches of rain in the last month and they are coming in to litter. They go outside for their food during the day. 

I've only been able to trap 4 for that reason. TG, my German Shepherd finally showed me where they are coming from - a gap where a wood bar fell out from under the front door at the base.

It all sounds good to put a little trap down for one (and then release to be someone elses problem?  NO!  These aren't little puppies!

Mouse mice cause structural damage to buildings by their gnawing and nest-building activities. In livestock confinement facilities and similar structures, they may quickly cause extensive damage to insulation inside walls and attics. Such damage also occurs in homes, apartments, offices, and commercial buildings but usually at a slower rate because mouse populations in such structures are smaller. House mice often make homes in large electrical appliances, and here they may chew up wiring as well as insulation, resulting in short circuits which create fire hazards or other malfunctions that are expensive to repair. Mice may also damage stored items in attics, basements, garages, or museums. Damaged family heirlooms, paintings, books, documents, and other such items may be impossible to replace.

Among the diseases mice or their parasites may transmit to humans are salmonellosis (food poisoning), rickettsialpox, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis. Mice may also carry leptospirosis, ratbite fever, tapeworms, and organisms that can cause ringworm (a ungal skin disease) in humans. They have also been found to act as reservoirs or transmitters of diseases of veterinary importance, such as swine dysentery, a serious bacterial disease of swine often called “bloody scours.”

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for the dissertation. My point was that an icepick may not be your best weapon of choice.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@stonevintage

The correct verbage is.... Dude... hold my beer and watch this....

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@*carrie

@stylish*things wrote:

Thanks for the dissertation. My point was that an icepick may not be your best weapon of choice.

Well the wife did take a fly swatter after a mouse....

But all she did was give it a bloody nose....

I hide the knives, no icepicks....

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Lol, It's no weapon of choice. But it feels good in my hand because I'm really mad about the damage I've found so far.

The one I call Nichols that's in the front door closet right now - I had a ziplock bag of 50 nichols that just perfectly fit the area he was using for ingress and egress. Took him 4 days but he moved those nichels and wedged them around so he could escape. Went out and my dog caught him running right back in at sundown today.  He won't leave. So Nichols is going to die! I replaced the bag of nichols with a painted mule shoe.... It's over.

Think Willie on this one...

You had a place to stay for the floods I see,

I didn't even notice you here,

But you stayed and claimed this your home, oh dear,

Sorry my friend, but you're toxic to me, no longer here will you roam.

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Mice hate peppermint. If you get some peppermint oil and spread that around, it will deter them from entering.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

"I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motorcycle..."
"I don't wanna a pickle, just wanna kill that mouse named nickle"

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

That rhyme would flow better if you changed that to motorsickle.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Yes!.  Any mint or dryer sheets worked. got them out of the laundry room with about a dozen dryer sheets. Then put sugerless spearment gum down by the floorboards in the kitchen and they were gone from there. That really does work:)

We're still 8+ inches of rain and counting, so still a siege. But!  We have 5 days straight of clear weather coming up.  This is really embarassing but I'm a leetle bit financially challenged right now, so I have packing tape in every spot I think they can get in at.  Ha  I'm an online seller.... bring a tape gun to a knife fight.... arrgh!

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Singing' to the choir here.. I am all about the bang for the buck.. Just sayin that mouse trap I linked above is reusable, inexpensive (woo hoo for that free shipping) and might just sweep up any straglers that the peppermint doesn't chase off.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply