cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

I haven't been online much the last few days, I'm trying to dig out of this deep hole of depression but I want to thank everyone that commented on my "I just can't do it" post. You all have no idea how much better you made me feel.

Gonna either pack stuff fir the move or get a couple items listed today. I'm going to accomplish something today! 😀😀

Thank you all!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Selling

One step at a time.  Don't look into the distance.  Just one step.  You can do this. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Selling

Good for you!  I have faith in you, and can tell you that you will feel so much better if you do something.  Doesn't really matter what it is, whether listing or clearing/cleaning out, but doing anything will make you feel productive 🙂

Remember too, don't beat yourself up for what you haven't gotten done, just be proud of yourself that you got something done! And tomorrow, if it pleases you, you can do a little bit more! 

Just a little bit every day, like zzydny said, that's all it takes to make you start feeling better 🙂   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Selling

@mg152 wrote:

I haven't been online much the last few days, I'm trying to dig out of this deep hole of depression but I want to thank everyone that commented on my "I just can't do it" post. You all have no idea how much better you made me feel.

Gonna either pack stuff fir the move or get a couple items listed today. I'm going to accomplish something today! 😀😀

Thank you all!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

So glad to hear that Patricia. You go girl!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Selling

mg152 wrote:

Thank you all!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Just wanted to step in and offer my best wishes for you too.  Going through depressive episodes is difficult enough, but adding in the pressure we put on ourselves to get those photos taken, get those listings up, keep building more eBay business all the time is sometimes just emotionally exhausting.  I can totally understand the need to occasionally step back from it all and concentrate on our OWN health and well being!

When my pain levels aren't being controlled, I find it hard to work, and I am also the care giver for my very visually handicapped husband (we're *elders* lol) and also somewhat for my disabled sister, so always feel like there is just no way I can keep up with all the demands. 

I often set the kitchen timer and do the 15/15 series over and over.  Fifteen minutes of work and then 15 minutes of break.  OR, fifteen minutes devoted to this chore and then the next 15 minutes to a different one.  It helps my motivation and determination to face everything and DO something when I set a timer for 15 minutes, and work on the first item on the list for that time.  Not finished?  No problem... come back to it at another time. 

When I live a lot of my time this way, I seem to get motivated better.  And in 15 minutes, I can get so MUCH done!  So sort and start laundry, then tidy up the kitchen, then take a few more eBay photos and load them into my computer.  And always at least one of those 15-minute chunks each hour are MINE, to relax HOWEVER I want to right then.  Then I set the timer for 15 minutes and get going again.

At first, I just thought I could do anything for just 15 minutes if I just MADE myself do this.  And when I tried it and got into it, I found out that it motivated me to get so much, much, much accomplished each day, that I love the 15/15 method now!

Don't know whether it might be something to help you get through this period right now, but thought I'd mention it.  It seemed like once I start getting myself actually DOING something, and getting a few things accomplished, I start feeling better about myself and what's going on in my life and my ability to face it all and handle it all and deal with my pain more easily, etc.  Anything that helps can turn out to be *everything* to your quality of life and enjoyment of your days. 

Hang in there until you can get through this and see the nice days ahead!  Glad you're with us here.  We're end up being like a family, sort of, with all of our discussions, supporting each other, arguing with each other, and in the end.. helping each other and trying to be there for each other. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply