eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

in reply to esell-resell

eBay is a complete ripoff if you are selling.  don't use it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Yes I am another person who is getting ripped off from Scambay!!!!! I shipped an inserter machine for envelopes to the buyer. He paid $3000.00 dollars for the machine and also paid $420 for shipping. Both amounts were paid through paypal. He contacted me once to ask how to use the machine. I told him to read the manual or he could also call Neopost to help him use it. 3 weeks later I get a notification that he is asking ebay to give him his money back and to cancel this transaction. Now even though people change there mind and are to stupid to figure out how to use the machine it took ebay 5 minutes to find in his favor. Not only am I out the $3000 dollars but they also refunded his shipping charges!!! Why would I be out the shipping charges if he wants to return it? Now i get the machine back and there are parts missing off the machine and 2 rollers are bent inside with several envelopes and advertisements from his business jammes in the machine!!. When I called ebay to ask what I need to do they basically told me there is nothing they can do about any of this and its the cost of doing business!!! Now my account with Paypal is negative $3420 and froze my account!  Soooo as of today I am closing my account with both Ebay and Paypal since they refuse to help me. I assume they will try to send this to a collection agency to get there money back. I cant wait to see them in court to show a judge what kind of a SCAM EBAY IS!!! BTW this buyer is known as MED VET INTERNATIONAL IN METTAWA, IL AND HIS EBAY NAME IS MV-DEALS and he is a SCAMMER!!  I cant wait for the class action lawsuit coming there way!!!!  Karma is a **bleep** ebay.... 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

I just gotta stand up for the buyers here for a change.  I have been sold snake oil a half dozen times in my seven years here.  EBay makes me jump through ten hoops before they let me write a negative feeedback to a seller.  I have to get in touch with the seller,  which is often impossible due to ebays own bylaws.  So cry me a river !  Nobody forced you to sell here,  You want crooks ?  Go to Craigs list. They have boiler room operations running 24/7,  scamming the sellers there or going to the homes of the sellers and terrorizing them.  There is no secrecy there.  I just put up 15 thousand bucks worth of jewelry at the most prestigious auction house in Maine.  I was told they sell nationwide and I would have no trouble getting more than I expected.  I got a grand total of 2600 bucks with an average number of bids being three.  The coin collections I sold went for less than the worth of the spot silver prices.  I had 500 dollar bracelets go for 35 bucks !  I could have done better at a pawn shop.  There was not one **bleep** thing I could do about it.  The reserve prices charged would have made things even worse.  If there is one lesson here,  it is  " There is no gravity,  the whole world sucks ! "  I am convinced the decent folk have to get together and  have community yard sales or organize local auctions.  Neighbors are far less liable to rip you off.

Please use plain text.
ratrodzrus
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

I too have been scammed by buyers and have had FEEBAY screw me but this time they sided in MY favor! Had a guy purchase an item over seas but had me ship it to someone in the states. That person said the item was only half full so the over seas buyer files a dispute. I'm starting to flip out now because I know it was full but how do you prove it. Then it hits me! I sold two of these on the exact same day and shipped them both out at the same time (USPS). They weigh every package and they were both withing .02 oz of each other! I got you!!!!! I emailed them the pictures of the receipts showing this. All they had to do was check my order details and see they both purchased the same thing at the same time. I called FEEBAY right away and they told me I had a good case (YA THINK?) but they still had to wait for the buyer to respond. I wasn't going to wait for them "I" escalated the dispute. It took them 3 days and they sided with me (I know; I almost fell over). Their reason? Buyer protection doesn't cover third party purchases from over seas. I don't care I'll take the win any way I can. I know this isn't the norm but every once in a while miracles do happen. Now if you really want to get me started lets talk about FEEBAY charging fees for shipping! A service they do not even provide. I'm waiting for the class action law suit on this one...I know don't hold my breath.

Please use plain text.
go-hifreann-leat
Community Member

in reply to tape_cassettes

Country has nothing to do with it. I guess both are at fault. I sold a Dell tablet to a guy in Texas. He's figured out that if he complains enough he gets to keep the tablet and get a refund so he's whined and cried to eBay refusing to return the tablet. I suspect eBay will force me to refund. Which will mean I'll then close my account. I have 100% positive until this Texas guy. I have had no end of problems with Americans. They always appear to figure out a new scam. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Sold a small appliance a month ago and shipped it out with $1000 worth of insurance with UPS (sold for $1,001.00). Buyer receives package and notices slight damage to the item, notifies me. SAME day I file a claim with UPS and email buyer to retain all packing materials and repackage item as it was received. Buyer discards all of the packaging and when UPS comes to pick up the item its just the bare appliance which they put in the back of the truck unprotected. NO ONE tells me any of this. A week later my item arrives back at the UPS store where I shipped it from and my claim has been denied because the buyer has discarded all of the shipping material. God knows what condition its in now having gone 1000 miles in trucks with a layer of shrink-wrap around it (thanks UPS). Buyer emails me "what do we do now?" I respond that I can't issue a refund because he failed to follow simple instructions and suggest that he make arrangements to have the item returned to him by UPS (I don't have it). He escalates his complaint and a few hours later Ebay finds in his favor without the courtesy of seeking any input from me. Froze my Paypal account and then refunded the buyer including shipping. Took their sellers fees leaving me with a negative balance. I had to call my bank and cancel my check card as I will not be paying Ebay for the dicking-over that i received by both the buyer and themselves. Thanks. Closing my account now. Good riddance. btw I've had excellent experiences selling on craigs=list. Trying amazon next.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sd-brightis
Until this week, I was not aware what kind of crooks Ebay is and allowing their buyers to be. I sold a jet ski storage cover. Clearly showing giant pictures of the ski it was on and the condition it was in. Buyer waited 16 days to open item not as described case against me.
I uploaded pics of the ski from the listing as well as additional pics of the ski uncovered, showing the reg. #s issued by the state to compare covered and un covered. I also sent in a photo of my registration card with those #s
Buyer agreed, he would send photos of the ski to confirm model, registration card to confirm model and photos of the cover not fitting. Fine - He didn't do this by the day he said he would so at the end of that day, I escalated the case.
I get an email early stating found in favor of buyer, he will send item back for refund. Of course all this time the money is on hold in Paypal.
The photos he uploaded were of the cover thrown over top of the ski, nothing else. No proof of model, no card, nothing. I can clearly see he does not have the model of ski this cover was sold for.
I call in to Ebay to ask why I have to refund his money back when he #1 bought the wrong item, # 2 didn't upload the proper items to confirm what he has, either. They told me it's not their place to decide what buyer buy items for, it is my place to prove what I sold the item for ( type of ski ) I with out a doubt did prove this item was for the ski sold for with pics of it on the ski, off the ski, state issued ID #s. etc.
This guy just simply bought the wrong item for a model of ski that is not his model and I stated no refunds, but I have to allow him to send the item back and refund him because of HIS mistake. I noticed in the photos there could be a possible rip in this cover from him trying to MAKE it fit the wrong ski. I asked what do I do if it's damaged when I receive it. Ebay's reply was their is nothing they can do, it's the cost of doing business.
I just don't understand how these people could not see I have proven what this item is for and I listed it 1000% honestly and correctly and they bought the wrong item. They did say I could appeal once it is received, but really what's the point ? Ebay is the pimping the crooks, allowing buyers to rip off sellers. I know it's a combo of sellers and buyers that make Ebay money, but sellers are what brings in the money to start. I hope someday sellers stop selling there and they have to fold up shop!!! CROOKS!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sykokidd47

Yea I would definitly not tust selling anything too high its too risky. Good for flea market stuff if you don't mind the fees.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Yes I HAVE I HAD A FAIRLY NEW HP ELITEBOOK 2570P, ONLY 1 MONTH OLD , SENT OUT IN NEW MAILER BOX 

LAPTOP WAS ONLY 6 POUNDS, WRAPPED UP BOUT 5 TIMES AROUND LAPTOP, BUBBLED WRAPPED  BOTTOM AND

TOP OF BOX . YOU COULD NOT SEE LAPTOP IT WAS COMPLETELY COVERED.SENT OUT ON MONDAY RECIEVED 

ON FRIDAY MORNING , SHE SAID WASNT WHAT WAS DESCRIBED AND ALSO WAS DAMAGED ON BOTTOM 

CORNER OF LAPTOP MISSING THE LCD .SHE SAID THE BUBBLE WRAP AND BOX WAS TOO THIN , I TOLD HER THAT

HOW COULD THE LAPTOP BE DAMAGED ON BOTTOM EDGE OF LAPTOP WITHOUT CRACKING LCD , AND THIS WAS

A HARD ALUMINUM NOTEBOOK THAT WAS COMPLETED COVERED AROUND IN BUBBLEWRAP. SHE FILED A CASE

I SENT MORE PICTURES, SHE ESCALATED IT, THE NEXT DAY I RESPONDED A MINUTE LATER I RECEIVED A 

EMAIL FROM BAY BUYER WINS .CASE CLOSED. I BUILD PCS IVE SENT OUT 60 POUND DESKTOPS WITH NO ISSUES

AND NO IM OUT OF 400 DOLLARS, AND FEES INSURANCE WAS ON PACKAGE BUT IF BUYER SEND IT BACK 

IN ITS ORIGINAL PACKAGING THEIR WILL BE NO REFUND.I BELIEVE SHE READ THE SNAD, THEN DROPPED THE

NOTEBOOK AND SAY ITS DAMAGED.SINCE THEN  3 DAYS LATER SHES HAS BOUGHT TWO MORE LAPTOPS 

ON EBAY .I HOPE SHE HASNT TAKEN PARTS OFF MY LAPTOP.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

hi, yes its happened to me a good few times. i do not sell items that are faulty or broken in any way... first thing i get is them complaining about postage costs....then when i post the items to them they complain that the items are damaged in some way then ask for a partial refund...in every single case it is a forigner....i sent a item to a woman in england she received the item and gave me good feedback saying the item is fantastic, then a few weeks later sent me a message saying the item was broke...asking for a partial refund...im english and she had a forign name...iv looked at her feedback as a buyer and she does the same thing all the time...gives good feedback leaves it a few weeks..then sends a message complaining that item is damaged.....its fraud...and if ebay defends these people then they are conspiring with buyers to defraud sellers....iv written to watchdog a tv show that looks into dishonesty in matters like these...and im waiting to hear back from them....you should look into the buyers feedback history and if you find anything similer you should go down the road i went down...and go to a watchdog...the last thing ebay needs is bad publicity...and once its aired on tv perhaps other people who are victims of ebay scammers will come forward...and put ebay under a bit of pressure to root out and stop these inconsiderate people from buying things from honest people on ebay......regards

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to relandguy

Me too,  Been using Ebay since the very early days. Just had a run in with the buyer from hell, and despite his messages saying he had the item repaired, they found in his favour, and gave hime 10 days to return. He chose not to return, so they closed the case STILL in his favour, although graciously said that I dod not have to refund him. Then they put a nblack mark against me for him not returning the item so he could get a reund.  Ebay took money from my paypal acount leaving a negative balance for 3 weeks. I was determined not to pay in funds to cover it in case they decided to refund him anyway. All that it did was make me look into alternative ways to buy and sell. I figured that if I had managed without Ebay for 3 weeks, I could manage without them permanently.

They now say they cannot cinally close my account for 90 days, probably in the hope that i will change my mind, but it'snot going to happen.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Yes. Just happen to me as well. eBay is definitely pro buyer. And there's really nothing sellers can do about it...
Please use plain text.
lilcot1976
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I'm done.
Please use plain text.
lilcot1976
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I'm done selling on eBay moving to Amazon or a different auction site. A buyer can claim anything and will win .
Please use plain text.
fredgolfs
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

YES THIS JUST HAPPEND TO ME WITH A CANADIAN BUYER HE BUGGED ME FOR A WEEK HAD TO PAY EXTRA FOR HEAVY ITEM HAD USPS DOUBLE BUBBLE WRAP IT HE RECEIVES IT TAKES PICTURE OF A BROKEN INTEM THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MINE AND NOW HAS REPORTED ME TO EBAY I AM A NEW SELLER 70 YRS OLD I NEED THIS MONEY FOR MY CANCER MEDICATION.. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DEFENDING MYSELF RIGHT NOW.. I WILL MESSAGE BACK MORE DETAIL SHORTLY.. OR FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME WITH ANY HELP ON HOW TO PROTECT MYSELF, I STATED NO REFUNDS, NO ITERNATIONAL SHIPPING, I FINALLY GAVE IN AFTER HE KEPT AT IT, AND NOW I STAND TO LOSE IT ALL

EBAYSCAM.JPG
Please use plain text.
jkforever6
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
We need a good old fashioned boycott ultimatum
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beachbabeky

if you are shipping thru ebay's usps click or unclick "DO NOT SHOW POSTAGE" on the right hand middle of the page

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to tryleo

Kind of a different issue all together but I refuse to ship to Canada. Started selling 11 years ago and have had nothing but problems with Canadian customs as well as Canadian buyers. Im sure there are many good people in Canada but most dont buy from me. I stopped shipping to Canada over a year ago and my life has been much better since.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Im sick and tired of being ripped off by buyersr! EBAY changes the rules to favor themselves and makes me the seller pay for the buyers mistake! I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

First of all, Im no chump. Even with delivery confirmation buyer escalated the case to Ebay claiming they didnt get it. I clearly show that the item was delivered, but no, Ebay says I cannot prove it was left at the buyers residence! So, buyer in the meantime files a chargeback in Paypal and gets their money, and then Ebay sides wtih buyer and sends them the same amount of money AGAIN and is after me for $11 and some change, which I refuse to pay. 

So, now the seller has the product and double the money back that they originally paid. Ebay says Im responsible for that money...uh, no Im not, the BUYER IS!

I run an honest business, Im not out to rip people off, Ebay sided with the buyer and I was pretty much told it was my responsibility to make sure the package arrived at the buyers home. Gee Ebay, I see that the package was delivered--end of story. That should protect me as a seller, apparently not. I told customer service, well maybe a neighbor picked it up, maybe it was stolen off the porch thats not my fault.. Ebay "Yes ma'am it is and you are being held responsible for it, you owe us money since we paid the buyer" I said that the buyer already did a chargeback, Ebay says the buyer did no such thing. Paypal even told Ebay about the chargeback. LIARS!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to flowerchild5674

i've been ripped off by ebay and con buyers majority of the sales i've ever made on here and i been selling since ebay started. i was selling under my mothers ebay for years and i was always in the hole from this problem. i started my own account recently and now every sale i do the person rips me off and ebay always takes there side on everything. i get ripped off cause i only have 3 stars and the buyer always threatens me for this too but my mom and i have thousands of positive feedback on hers from good sales and good buying. it's all a bunch of BS and i've been screwed out of several hundred dollars and my product never gets returned to me. i even called ebay 3 times to shut down my entire ebay page and they won't doit. it's all a scam to rip you off if ya'll get a lawyer i'm in and if theres anyone out there working on a legit site to sell items on i'm all for that. the whole world just needs to boycott ebay all together 

Please use plain text.