eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

in reply to jds7629

Just happened to me! Been on here more than ten years. Item was used for a wedding. Listed as used and minor defects. She waited almost the full month ..listed it defected and wants to return it. I called ebay. I told the lady I didn't accept returns and she should of contacted me sooner. I told her before it comes back I want up close phtos of the item and if it doesn't match mine she is being reported. Then little does she know if she does gauge my fabric or scratch it, I am contacting the police in her town for damage to personal property. See if she ever tries that again. When I was first on ebay and there were not as many protections..even those these protect mostly buyers, I sent out luggage to canada. Teenager laughed at me bounced his check. I called his parents after days of research. Then I warned them I would be calling the mounties, and I sure would have. The package came flying back in my direction! This world is full of untrustworthy people both online and in the real world.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

What is amazing to me is that this problem is no small thing, experienced by many and all have had NO WORTHWHILE response from eBay customer service. It's apparent that they can't read either.

Community Member

in reply to cavecitypickers1

now is i have screen shots from them ripping me off. still open cases agains eBay. if they fight it, which i hope they do, pictures sent to my local fedral judge. stupid ebay

Community Member

in reply to whitelinen

hi,

this just happened to me as a seller.... i appealed with paypal, the seller kept the item and sent me back a dirty sock in a box, gave a tracking # and reported it item not as described. major fraud!!! please expain what  CFPB is and how i go about this.... i dont want this con artist to win this time. stole the $$ and the item from me and probably several other folks.

Community Member

in reply to massage911727

It may be "working" for you, but it is a totally ridiculous way to do business.  Demanding random people sign your "statements" every time you open and close a package may make "sense" to you, but it is a complete waste of time for most human beings.  

The fact is, Ebay shouldn't be stealing money from sellers, and until they stop these scummy business practices, like A; going into your account and taking money out of it to give third parties without your consent, B: giving money to buyers before they return items, or before items are inspected C: making sellers pay return shipping costs even if seller states otherwise in auction terms D: charging sellers "final value" fees even after Ebay cancels sales and returns buyer's money, and on and on. I and many others, will avoid ebay as much as possible.  They have among the sleaziest business practices of any major corporation in America.  

The best "solution" to unfair business practices by ebay, is to boycott them. 

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I was scammed by 6 buyers and counting this Xmas , ppl who bought months ago using the item then saying it was for Xmas as a gift n not as described n wants a refund not an exchange, another buyer owensmar bought a pitcher n filter n paid 7 days late n I didn't open a case then 2 weeks after getting saying it doesn't filter, I gave her 3 return options and she wanted another filter so I had the factory send her a new filter to her address with 2 free filters and the next day she opens a case and says there's now a crack in the pitcher and don't think she wants it anymore she wants a refund, now I'm out over $100 , I'm so sick of eBay , another buyer bought a item I listed as used and she said it wasn't brand new and got a return. We need to get together and not sale for a while or file criminal charges against eBay for allowing theft to take place
Community Member

in reply to bonzoangelina

i know alot of it has to do with "honesty" and ppl nowadays have none. so i dont blame you for being mad. but i can attest to this actually happening, since it is happening to me these past few days. I was waiting for a package the one day it said it wa sout for delivery. I was excited since i t was my first time buying somethign off ebay and i bought 2 different ps4 games.  i watched tv and check online the tracking number ever 30 minutes. it said it was delivered at 5:37pm, i was down at the mailbox at 5:47pm and my two packages were not there.  i contacted the PO who said it had been delivered or stolen, and i got very **bleep** considerin i checked it only 10 minutes after it was delivered, AND there are only 2 ppl in this apt building, noone stole it. the next day i called and went down to the post office and started raising some hell. i waiting, at my mailbox in the lobby, sitting on a chair for 3 1/2 hours untill the mailman came so i could ask him abotu the package, where he would have put it. and he doesnt remember much about it, but he says he would have laid it on the floor.  so i keep giving the po hell, and they open a case into it.  my problem is, what is to say the mailman didnt scan it delivered, then just take it home with him??? there is NO accountablility for the po and ur just screwed out of money. Being how upset i have been the last few days, ive told the PO that i WILL be filing a police report within a week of my package not being delivered, AND i will be putting a camera at the mailboxes this next week. and after i have that camera. i dotn care if the mailman delivered it to the wrong mailbox, IF I DONT HAVE IT, i WILL be filing a police report right away and claiming the mailman stole it. and i would have video proof he didnt deliver it. i am holding the mailman responsible since the PO never does.  h deliveres it to the wrong house, just GIVES it to someone else and im screwed out of all my money, that is rediculous. and just fyi, EVEN IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE, if the package says delivered. you CAN NOT file a claim you will still lose your money. well ive had enough of it, i WILL be putting a video camera down there this next week and i will be filing theft charges on the mailman if i EVER lose any of my mail, this is rediculous and i wont stand for it. but moral of the story is, it does happen, the PO DOES mess up and eventhough it says delivered, it really didnt get to the customer.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I found a great way to sell items. ..its an app called WALLOP " its the best you deal w locals or international way better and the accept PayPal. It shows you a map of where the person lives. Its amazing. Good luck to all of you.. boycott ebay about protecting buyers. This is an auction house not Macys dept store and even they dont go that far.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Thats amazing ebay is becoming a greedy company that does not protect its sellers, when its them that are providing goods to the public. Without sellers where would they be? And threre are a ton of counterfeits on ebay.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to esell-resell

I I got ripped off today by for 580 so they got a brand new sealed galaxy note 5 tmobile I received the item said because he couldn't get insurance on the iPhone through tmobile and said that the item was opened with the item never was open you can see in my list and paste pictures said he wanted a partial refund of $100 I told him no he can send the item back and I give him a full refund buyer opened a return request sent the item back when I open the box the only thing was there was the cell phone box charger headphones a towel and some newspapers in the box called ebay told them of the situation they told me there was nothing I can do but refund the buyer his money they said even if I had open the box in the post office I still would have to give the buyer his money back I told them I had the army number of the item and I can get proof that the bar is used in the item still told me told me there's nothing they can do I would have to get with my local law enforcement or something to try and get take actions against the buyer which is ridiculous like is totally ridiculous and now a lot of people have learned how to do this so I'm really thinking I'm going to be fed up with ebay because I can't bite 500 and $600 losses

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to esell-resell

I just got ripped today ,   ripped me off

I sold a Nabi dream tab (200.00)    the buyer gets it and  7 days later says not as described missing items , me as a seller please return it for a full refund , we I didnthave to say anything Ebay had me pay fo return shipping , I was like **bleep**!! oh well give me my it back . So she waits the full 14 days to retun it , and when I recieve it it was  just a yellow envolope with a cigar magazine in it , no box nothing . so I appealled the case Ebay says to bad you recieved the item . I am out 225.00  

so I started digging and found its a doctor in NY 

So please call them if you went to yell at a ripp of buyer , they even have reports of doing it to other selles and ebay does not care , i have been harrassing them 20 times a day and they are **bleep**

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I agree! I've had several issues with buyers especially here in the last couple weeks...3 people right in a row. People have figured out how to scam the sellers and so has ebay! I've had enough!! I am delivering something tomorrow to post office. I'm going to record me packaging it in post office and giving it to them and me leaving Smiley Happy
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Community Member

in reply to vincentc710
Ebay should past a disclosure on BUYER'S PROTECTION PLAN, YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK NO MATTER WHAT !........ If you claim not as described, even if it is a lie, or even if you decide to commit a fraud upon the seller, it is OK with Ebay, we will just take the money from the seller's account ! EVEN IF YOU DAMAGE THE ITEM YOURSELF, OR DECIDE TO JUST USE THE ITEM FOR A WEEK OR TWO , IT IS PERFECTLY OK, AS LONG AS YOU CLAIM NOT AS DESCRIBED OR DAMAGED! DON'T WORRY, NO PROOF UPON YOUR PART WILL BE REQUIRED. WE HAVE CONTROL OF THE SELLERS PAYPAL ACCOUNT, AND WE WILL GLADLY ISSUE YOU A REFUND ON BEHALF OF THE UNSUSPECTING SELLER.
Community Member

in reply to daroc

File a complaint with the CFPB and your local small claims court. Claim unfair business practices and authorized  by deception theft of your Paypal checking account. Tell your story and take it from there.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to allsorts411

So sick of eBay not protecting sellers too. Just got ripped off by a  buyer for $600. The buyer bought a brand new camera, broke it and filed a return claim. Ebay said there's nothing I can do but eat it. Lesson learned. Sell at your own risk.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

I have absolutely had enough of being ripped off by buyers on ebay. Sellers have no protection. i will not be selling again.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

The biggest one for me is people wanting partial refunds. I sell allot of used records and condition is open to interpretation sometimes so it makes it hard to proove they are wrong. A record with one light scratch that does not affect play they will say it drops the record from excellent condition to very good but most people are honest and don't make a big deal about it because theyare not fishing for partial refunds.

These people are easy to spot because they do not want to return the item but insist on a partial refund even though they say it is destroyed they still want it...

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Very true.ive seen it a few time...a buyer admits he likes item leaves positive feedback and then files a case and wins...lol..ebay is a joke
Community Member

in reply to daroc

File a complaint with your states attorney general . Talking to Ebay's south east Asian call center istotally pointless.