eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

in reply to mint-strings

eBay is a rip off artists dream . They can do whatever they like and Ebay supports them not the seller.  We recently sold a $299  item. The buyer received it and took it apart and removed our good parts and put their old parts back inside of our carton . Then they claimed our item was defective . Ebay forces us to send a prepaid by us  return label . Once the item was returned we examined it and discovered what the buyer had done . So we called eBay and well and behold again eBay screws the seller .  We are told we have to refund in full. So what this means is that eBay makes money no matter what . They care nothing about sellers . They only care about the buyer . So when a buyer  happens to be a crook and a theif  it is also the buyers heaven. It would seem that eBay management has concluded it is better to screw 100 sellers rathen than to screw one buyer. 

This is the mess that was caused by eBay when they eliminated the Seller out of the feedback system. Sellers can not leave a negative no matter what the buyer does .  Sellers can work hard and bend over backwards for a buyer and still get a negative that is clealry unjustified and eBay almost always sides with the buyer no matter what kind of theif ,liar or crook they are .

Congratualtions eBay   !   Again the seller hets screwed and you make your money anyway !

Community Member

in reply to goodguy747

Me too! Actually many times over the past 3 years for hundreds of dollars! Just resently arthur82 (BEWARE, SCAMMER)  purchased a new cell phone from me and sent back a smashed up locked phone. eBay/Pay Pal gave her back a full refund. F'n **bleep**! She used her mothers name to start an account and her own email address. I tracked her down in OH and emailed the police but have not heard back. Guess they don't know how to use email, it's been 6 weeks. Guess I'd better call. I want to find out if I can press charges. Even if they can go arrest her, that' be enough for me, to scare the **bleep** out of her with theft charges. I'm researching to see if taking a different form of payment would help stop these thieves. Im sick and tired of getting ripped off. I removed all of my high dollar items with the exception of 2 or 3 until I can find a way to protect myxelf/business.

It's hard to believe eBay doesn't give a **bleep**, we make them millions of dollars a year, and they insist on protecting the buyer and screwing the seller. We are not the only ones, I'd bet that more than 1/2 of eBay sellers have had an issue with eBay's selling policies.

Looking for protection solutions, so any others with input, I'd like to hear it. AND IF YOU'VE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH EBAY!. Sorry had to post that. Last time I posted an issue I received more email about how great eBay is, and now help with my issues.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Christina

Community Member

in reply to randysauctions

randysauctions wrote:

Ebay is digging its own grave.

Tell me about it. 

eBay's fine to deal with until you get a problem.

In my opinion their dispute / resolution service is run by a bunch of mindless muppets, putting it mindly.

They never read your complaint. They simply send you back a long winded generic list of things to do to resolve the problem for which had they spent 2 min reading what you wrote, would see you'd already done all that. On your 2nd attempt to communicate they then suggest other things to do which again had they bothered to check the listing had also been done. Like "Refund the Buyer". Ah, yeah. Happened like 5 days ago, as shown in the listing.

I'm currently a Victim of eBay. I'm being "Held Hostage by the Buyer".

Story:

Overseas buyer takes a Buy Now on my listing, then asks for my item which is a Collectable to be shipped overseas.

Listing offered no overseas options. Yet eBay tells me to ship to this guy regardless. They told me yesterday that if I don't ship, I'm at fault.

HOW. DOES. THAT. WORK??

Anyway, this overseas guy who's own profile says he's based overseas changes address to a local one.

Hello?? How is he supposed to sign for a person to person package if he lives on the other side of the planet? 

Is he using someone with a false ID to sign? and the buyer tells me he does this all the time. 

Anyway tried cancelling sale and buyer refuses. eBay closes dispute and tells me to ship. YEAH RIGHT, "I DON"T THINK SO, DAVEY!"

Downside risks: 

Hmm, most downside for me not shipping? 1 x Neg Feedback.

Most downside for me if I ship? Lose $200 item, lose cost of postage, get neg feedback.

Downside for Buyer and eBay if I choose either, NO FINANCIAL DOWNSIDES! - As Frank Sinatra would say, "I think that's a crooked deal."

I've been using eBay for 10 years. Over 1000 trans. Never had neg feedback. Guess my luck run out thanks to eBay.

What eBay have subjected me to so far, is worthy of comedy script material for Monty Python. 

Makes you wonder does anyone of any level of management at eBay look at these postings? Any Shareholder responsability? Any do diligence?

Isn't someone responsable for inaction in not fixing these loop holes. Business school 101. Keeping improve processes. Act on Customer feedback.

This "You can't cancel a sale" mentality without Buyer/Scammer approval has to change, as does their extremely lazy dispute process.

In hindsight, next time it will be far better to simply be as dishonest as this buyer/scammer and say;

"Sorry can't ship, My Dog ate my homework / I mean item"....  RESULT!

Regards Greg

Community Member

in reply to tnseller777
And good luck on getting anyone that cqan speak english.only when you pay ebay back will they give you a rep. that is in the U.S.
Community Member

in reply to pwyatt09
I know what you are talking about, just had similar situation,sad. I opened a case, when clicked help from ebay, (did not know it would do that, have only had 1 other return in all these years.Buywr didnt respond, ebay told me to call back fri. said was closing case if my favor. couldnt close, someone had closed it and paid them. I am out of item. Beware of buyer l.perr7
Community Member

in reply to mattmaria1999

BEWARE of

mattmaria1999 wrote:
Everybody on eBay beware of this buyer ballys676s5y.

little-cici bought a pair of new shoes that were sent to her directly from the store and filed a complaint that they were used and disgusting she even posted pictures of old shoes she's already had in place of the new ones & eBay said TAKE THEM BACK! If she sends back used disgusting shoes call us again and we'll take care of it? Why will you take care of it then but not now? Call us again and let us know what she send back, "how do I prove she sent back my shoes worn" send us pictures he replies, why are the pictures on my listing not good enough but they will be when she returns them? I do not know. Take it up with someone that can speak english!

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Everybody on eBay beware of this buyer ballys676s5y.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Ebay encourage buyers like this.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I will canceled my account with ebay to,
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I totally agree as seller who has experienced rip off from eBay scammers!! Total protection for scammer buyers nothing for sellers.
Community Member

in reply to jn.networkingsolutions

I sure know that feeling a man bought from me put in a claim got his money back and still has my item. i cant claim an insurance loss due to his not cooperating and letting ups inspect the item. to many scammers out there. the saddest part is ebay has given them a legal easy way to rip you off. what a joke i will never buy or sell on ebay agian.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I am just a young college student trying to get some change. They charged me two dollars for two separate Michael Kors items I didn't even sell. I DIDN'T EVEN SELL! I am am observant person and I see that hardly anybody sells or buys anymore. My feedback has been frozen at 95 for months now and I used to buy almost once a week. My husband is still trying and buyers see only concerned about getting a deal. It's tough on there. Luckily I went on eBay Facebook page and publically have them a piece of my mind on their page.
Community Member

in reply to dshearer33

I have had a growing problem with people buying my vintage, damaging it by wearing it and returning it in horrible packing.  On the other hand, I buy, too.  There are lots and lots of dishonest sellers who send shoddy merchandise and pretend they didn't see glaring defects....  So in those cases I am grateful for buyer protection.  Scammers are not the majority of my customers as a seller....  Knock on wood....

Community Member

in reply to wizard788

Ebay is digging its own grave. They can't keep this up and survive. All of the small sellers who offer cool, vintage and unique items will be gone. All that will be left is the huge retailers who have nothing but imported junk that anyone can get at Walmart. Its almost there now. An online Dollar Store is what ebay has become. They rob the small, honest seller and stand behind dishonest buyers. I quit today after 15 years. I'm tired of getting shafted. I encourage all of you to do the same. There are alternatives available. Google them! Try them! Anything is better than being ripped off by ebay again and again. Ebay will eventually go under and I can't wait for that day. What goes around comes around and ebay has got a big dose coming.

Community Member

in reply to greyviolet

Amen, brother. same experience here, only "buyer's" poor return packaging dameged our item

Community Member

in reply to hawley7702
Totally flawed. I do want protection as a buyer, but also want unscrupulous "buyers" held accoountable
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

So sad lose only . Syste  should verify   since put bid  !!!

Community Member

in reply to hawley7702
Organize it. Get confirmation. I'm in!!
Community Member

in reply to hawley7702

eBay's approach to purchase resolution is highly flawed and clearly opens up a large window of opportunity for a new auction site. If there's one thing we've all learned in the Internet age is nothing is permanent. Remember MySpace? There are many more. For some reason eBay has a hubris that is unexplainable. As the saying goes, "Pride comes before the fall."

As more and more sellers get ripped off, the selection of really cool items starts to dwindle and as we all know then eBay just becomes another retail outlet based on price.

Only time will tell.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I agree. I'd like to see all sellers (honest ones that get shafted - like ourselves) completely stop selling for a week! eBay does not give sellers any rights. It's all for the buyers..not a decent way to do business, is it?