eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

in reply to residentluna

So sorry to hear that this has happened to you as well. Happened to me a few months back, and it was enough to make me so fed up that I had closed my store.  Pretty much the same scenario: Buyer claimed that I sent him a wrong item, shows a pic. of a completely different item than what I had shipped to him, files and claim and wins!!  And, I too, was forced to pay return shipping and he sent back a completely different item than what was actually shipped to him. Oh...and he had the nerve to leave me a negative feedback.

Sadly, this seems to be happening more and more on eBay. NO SELLER PROTECTION!!  People are being ripped off of 100's, even 1000's of dollars sometimes.

The eBay BUYER PROTECTION FEATURE is in my opinion, a Shout Out To All Buyers To Come Rip Off The Seller!!  Not that all buyers are like this. However, from what I read, it seems to be a growing trend. I would NOT sell high priced items on ebay anymore.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Add me to the list of occasional sellers screwed over by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.  Buyer (marco-cary, if you're interested) totally lied about receiving the wrong item & even sent the same item back to me - At my expense AND cost, despite my no return policy & offer of a partial refund.  The customer service of the Appeals team is awful - I had 4 different answers between 4 different customer services reps.  I actually got one to admit that they "always side with the buyer if they select a valid reason".  Fortunately, I made them give all of the phone conversation IDs of all my conversations - I can see them being useful in a class action suit one day.

eBay's new marketing campaign:  Now offering free returns (at the seller's expense) on every item!  Just claim you were sent the wrong thing.

What a joke.  Etsy, here I come.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
Oh man. I have another rip off story. I was selling a large lot of Monster High dolls and accessories, which is a hot commodity on eBay. I got a sob story from someone in Thailand saying her daughters are just dying for this stuff but they don't have a whole lot of money, and this stuff is difficult to find in Thailand. She wanted to buy it now and go outside of the global shipping program. I was a sucker and fell hard for the story. I went ahead and sold the lot for $250, and gave her an invoice for shipping of about $76. My husband took it to the PO and it was shipped. About 2 weeks later she says they hadn't received it. tracking number didn't work once it left the US. I told her it may be held up in customs, and also since she was across the globe, it may take as much as almost 2 months for it to get there. Well, she wasn't happy with this and threatened negative feedback if I didn't give her a full refund (including shipping.). I didn't know what to do so I told her since it was taking "so long" I would refund her the item's cost but not the shipping, and once the item arrived, I would send her a new invoice to repay. She seeme happy with this arrangement. I was new to selling and so naive I kick myself now. Tracking finally shows that it was delivered, so I sent her the invoice and I never hear from her again, until she filed a claim for a refund on the shipping as well, since the item took so long to arrive. I had no idea what to do and eBay went ahead and refunded her. I messaged her dozens of times and no response. Called eBay and they were useless and no help. They even called me an idiot in a roundabout way, which is totally professional. So I was out merch, and every penny on the transaction. I will never sell outside of the US again, especially going around the global shipping program...
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I am actually recommending Etsy these days. The fees aren't as ludicrous and rarely have I encountered a scammer.
Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I had a buyer purchase a huge lot of vintage Jem dolls and accessories. I put thousands into the collection. I sold it to her for $600 and free shipping (I paid over $60 for shipping as it was a heavy box.) as I had post back surgery bills due ASAP and I had to sell at a loss, but oh well. She received the items and claimed they were "gross" and not as described. The dolls are actually sold exactly as I described in my very detailed description. The dolls were mostly in good *vintage* condtion, with some needing TLC. Pretty clear IMO that these dolls aren't being sold as excellent or mint. I don't accept returns, but I was very accommodating and didn't want her to be unhappy so I paid for her to return. She then admits to me that she didn't want to return but he husband was upset about the price. So that's pretty much buyers remorse, but I let it slide. She kept trying to convince me the dolls were in poor condition, but I am a collector and know better. Once I get the stuff back, one doll is missing a hard to find earring but I don't say anything. She keeps trying to convince me they were all gross and poor condition, and that she would like to offer me $400 for it all. Uh, no. Look up th value of vintage Jem lots. Mine was very large. She kept trying to convince me and I politely declined. In response she leaves me bad feedback, putting a black mark on my 100% positive selling feedback. I reported her several times to eBay for violations such as buyers remorse, and unreasonable demands. eBay of course does nothing. If I had decided to sell them to her for $400, I would have been out $200 in partial refunds, $120 in back and forth shipping, and thousands of dollars worth of merch. I did some research and she has a history of this judging from her feedback. She was trying to rip me off for a better deal. She knew darn well the items were as described. eBay does not care.
Community Member

in reply to playmistyforme22

GOT RIPPIED OFF BY ANOTHER BUYER IN CANADA  USING A FALSE ADDRESS IN USA KY ADDRESS THEN HAVING ANDOTHER ADDRESS AND THEY SAY PLEASE SEND TO THE USA ADDRESS WITHCH IS ON THEIR PAY PAL THEN TELLING EBAY THEY NEVER GOT THEIR ITEM WITCH NEVER CAME TO CANADA WAITING THE LAST MINITIE  EBAY SAYS THEY WIN YOPU HAVE KNOW TRACKING BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT SEND TRACKING TO KY ADDRESS NO ONE THEIR TO SIGN   I GIVE UP GIVES US ANOTHER WAY OUT HERE  OH I HAVE 7000 RATING THEY HAD 89

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

We all need to take action. These attorneys need everyone to call 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They need us to tell them our story. Take the time to call and speak with them about Buyers always right.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

No you are not the only one this has happened too. I thought I was alone but call this number 1-888-670-2630 ref 3204823. Something has to be done and we need all the people to participate. They want to hear our story. It's very unfair. 

Community Member

in reply to oz_in_ohio

We all feel the same way and feel no one is listening to us. Please call this number 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to hear our side of the story so they can do something about it. 

Community Member

in reply to beachbabeky

call this number 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to hear our stories so they can do something about this. It's not fair to sellers to go through this. We spend our time wanting to make a little extra money for Ebay to award this to the buyer all the time. 

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

call this number and explain your story 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to here our story. They want to help us. 

Community Member

in reply to meekamikamika

call this number today for us to get something done about this. 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. These people are willing to listen to our claims

Community Member

in reply to bytebackmontrose

call this number today to get our claims started. 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. These people want to help us. Its worth your time

Community Member

in reply to brightbunny

call this number today for them to do something about this. 1-888-670-260 #3204823. We as buyers and sellers are being treated unfairly

Community Member

in reply to rhofmeister-us

call this phone number 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to do something about this issue today.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell

I completely agree with a suit. Called an attorney today they told me that everyone needs to call this number 888-670-2630 can use this #3204823. I am in the same situation. Good honest sellers are being hurt bases on Ebay money back guarantee. Call them today if you guys want something done about this. Let them know how you were treated.

Community Member

in reply to esell-resell
I have had it also with EBay in the Last 6 Month's I also got Scamed & Ripped off 2 times on EBay the People make sure they take Picture's that don't show the Defective or missing part's!! Stay away from EBay totally!!
I got Scamed on a Pair of Headphones & (2) Microphones that were missing the Cord's!! I am really Hot about that!'