cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

esell-resell
Thrill-Seeker

Has this happenned to anyone else?

I sold a Computer Server to a buyer on Ebay, this guy phoned me, we discussed everything about the server and shipping. Now this guy was cheap I could tell just by him whinning about how much the shipping would be and how long it would take.

So me being a nice person and I know what it is like to have to wait and wait for my package, I told him to send me $90 and I would express ship it out to him and he would have it in 3 - 4 days. He agreed and sent me the extra $90 plus I gave him a deal on the server $169.99 , when I could have easily got $200. The server weighs 70lbs and is 26"longX19"highX9"wide and has to be shipped in it's proper sitting place so I had to label it with THIS SIDE UP stickers and also HEAVY stickers (70lbs) and alot of FRAGILE AND HANDLE WITH CARE stickers. It cost me $280.00 to ship it to him (no lie I have the receipt from UPS on my account) and only charged him $90. When I packaged the server I did it at the UPS office that I go to all the time and the UPS agent helped me actually. I wrapped it in packing cardboard and used a bubble packing envelope for extra cushion on the back of the tower server so that none of the conections would be broken. It was then triple wrapped with cardboard boxes customly made top fit tight around the server and several layers of red Tuck Tape were used to seal it all up.

The buyer received it I believe 6 days later because some of the paperwork for the border ( Canada to USA) were not proper so it took a few more days. When his even NORMAL shipping, like the cheapest from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada to New York USA would have been $133.00 and would have taken 2 - 3 weeks to get there. Remember he only paid $90?

Anyway 3 days after he received the server he sends me a message that it was damaged during shipping because it was not packaged properly and he wants all his money back and also the shipping money. In my listing I had listed no returns or exchanges. I want all of you to know that I have sold many of these units and I always, ALWAYS run a system check on them before shipping them out and I have never had a problem. So I replied to him that I most certainly did package it properly and I asked him to send me pictures please and I also asked him why he would accept a package that was damaged. He would not respond or nor did he send any pictures.

Yesterday I received a buyer complaint thing from Ebay and Paypal puts a $179.99 hold on my account. I responded to the complaint and explained everything in detail and informed the buyer that I would be contacting Ebay and UPS this morning.

This morning I woke up a little later than usual 11am and noticed that the buyer had already escalated the complaint with Ebay at 6am. I immediately phoned Ebay and spoke to someone in the Ebay Buyer Protection department and I explained everything to the rep and also that I packed it in front of the UPS agent who helped me and that the buyer would not send me any pictures, and I expressed to the rep that I think what the buyer did was buy a different server locally because I noticed on his account that a few days after he bought my server, he was buying Tape drives for a completely different server, and after speaking with him on the phone he had said that he was in need of a server badly because they did not have one.

So here is what the Ebay rep did during the phone call I had with him. He ruled in the buyers favor and now the buyer can take 7 - 14 days to ship it to me and he can send it anyway he wants, so I will be waiting for 4- 6 weeks at the very least to get back a BROKEN server that has now cost me 280.00$ in shipping and is probably now worth nothing because here is what I believe happenned the buyer found a server locally and then read the buyer protection policy and then damaged the server ON PURPOSE then filed the claim. I know I cannot prove it 100% but I know that is what happenned.

So now I am out over $550.00 and apparently there is nothing I can do about it. I am sooo tired of getting ripped off on Ebay by buyers that LIE and Ebay rules in there favor all the time. I have 2 kids and this is christmas time and this extra money is for gifts for them, I am so UPSET right now with Ebay that I am about ready to quit selling on here completely.

I go out of my way to ENSURE that items are packed EXTRA well so that damage does not happen, and now I get ripped off by some goon that uses the policy to get away with it.

BEWARE SELLERS this can happen to you.

I think Ebay needs to wake up and change some of this NON-SENSE policy loop holes that these scammers use to scam you out of money. Oh and get this that buyer can now leave me NEGATIVE feedback but I cannot do the same to him, I can either leave positive or no feedback!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Message 1 of 613
latest reply
612 REPLIES 612

Re: Ripped off by yet another buyer! Ebay's Buyer Wins no matter what policy.

Buyers on Ebay have no rights, sellers make claims and withhold information, and say **bleep** like the photos are the item description so study them carefully, when the photos are of **bleep** quality. Buyers purchase items in good faith only to realize that there has been a lot of information left out of the item description. Sometimes you buy something only to receive a message saying some bull**bleep** excuse of how it's going to take months to send it out to you. Im tired of this 'not allowed to give negative feedback ' mentality if went to a shop and feel you got bad service then you would rate the business accordingly. Why do Ebay sellers think they can treat customers however they like and avoid negative feedback?
Long term Ebay customer who's had enough.
Message 421 of 613
latest reply

I have bought eBay gift cards paid for item. The next thing I know the item is marked unpaid and the money is not returned to my gift card. This has happened several times with eBay blaming me and refusing to give me my money back. They are crooks.
Message 422 of 613
latest reply

I've been both buyer and seller, but lately while selling things I fnd buyers just using ebay's lax buyer return policy to overturn my "no returns" policy.  One obviously had buyers remorse after buying a piece of jewelry she hoped to pay $200 for, but ended up buying it for $350.  It was perfect, flawwless.  She claimed it was damaged and scratched.  Of course without any proof, and despite pics of a flawless piece, ebay and paypal sided with her. Another purchased a size 9 ring but because it was too big for her (maybe not a size 9) finger, she claimed I misrepresnted the size.  Return approved by ebay, despite my having original sales receipt showing it was a size 9.  And just today (this is the 3rd incident in 2 weeks!) a buyer claims that the perfect peridot cuff she received doesn't have original packaging (which the listing never offered! and oh, by the way, is missing a stone. All stones were there and secure when it was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and sent Priority Mail.

Funny thing is, this last one seems to only want to communicate outside ebay and is making noises about "how expensive it will be to repair this". I have answered her from ebay telling her to send it back.  When I called ebay to ask what happens if what I get back is not what I sent, their answer was basically "nothing we can do".  Seller protection, my as*.

Message 423 of 613
latest reply

heathercollier64
Pathfinder
I recently was ripped off for $100 on EBay. EBay sided with the seller, removed my negative comment and closed my case within 5 minutes of me opening it for the buyers protection plan. EBay will back up ripoff sellers so beware. Do not buy electronics from PCRS in South Carolina. Product was defective so I returned it. Seller stated they never got the product back but the post office claimed different. EBay took the seller's verbal claim over the post office. SMH never again
Message 424 of 613
latest reply

heathercollier64
Pathfinder
Can something been done on the Federal level? EBay is internet theft right? I think they are owned internationally because in my dealings with customer service they barely spoke English and in my last call to them I told them I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and the lady on the phone told me to go ahead they still would be closing my claim and not refunding my $100 on their buyer protection plan.
Message 425 of 613
latest reply

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CAN NOT LEAVE    NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS !!!!!!!!!!  EBAY YOU NEED TO CHANGE THIS POLICY , MANY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT SELL ON EBAY BECAUSE OF THIS ONE WAY FEEDBACK POLICY.  

Message 426 of 613
latest reply

I got ripped off $10,000 from a ebay car dealer who "forgot" to mention the engine was blown!? ! Ebay sides with sellers cause that's where the profit comes from. I have a case number with the FBI for vehicle fraud! I also filed a complaint with the local authorities and the DMV where the dealer registered!
Payback time! I will also start a class action law suit against EBay not following its own polices! Sad world we live in! Hyenas everywhere! STAY AWAY FROM EBAY! I've learned a very expensive lesson!
Message 427 of 613
latest reply

I have had it also with EBay in the Last 6 Month's I also got Scamed & Ripped off 2 times on EBay the People make sure they take Picture's that don't show the Defective or missing part's!! Stay away from EBay totally!!
I got Scamed on a Pair of Headphones & (2) Microphones that were missing the Cord's!! I am really Hot about that!'
Message 428 of 613
latest reply

I completely agree with a suit. Called an attorney today they told me that everyone needs to call this number 888-670-2630 can use this #3204823. I am in the same situation. Good honest sellers are being hurt bases on Ebay money back guarantee. Call them today if you guys want something done about this. Let them know how you were treated.

Message 429 of 613
latest reply

call this phone number 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to do something about this issue today.

Message 430 of 613
latest reply

call this number today for them to do something about this. 1-888-670-260 #3204823. We as buyers and sellers are being treated unfairly

Message 431 of 613
latest reply

call this number today to get our claims started. 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. These people want to help us. Its worth your time

Message 432 of 613
latest reply

call this number today for us to get something done about this. 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. These people are willing to listen to our claims

Message 433 of 613
latest reply

call this number and explain your story 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to here our story. They want to help us. 

Message 434 of 613
latest reply

call this number 1-888-670-2630 #3204823. They want to hear our stories so they can do something about this. It's not fair to sellers to go through this. We spend our time wanting to make a little extra money for Ebay to award this to the buyer all the time. 

Message 435 of 613
latest reply