cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirected to another site

Every time I try to go on any eBay page, I get redirected to some bogus page http//a.agvzvwof. I'm having to use my wife's iPad to write this. Is anyone else having the same problem, and how do you stop it?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Redirected to another site

I also have this.  I went to internet options under security and added it to prohibited sites.  Stopped the problem.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I had this today too and found the solution on anotehr forum.  For me it was the AVG Extension that somehow installed itself on Chrome browser (probably during a software update for AVG antivirus).  It's an extension that redirects from suspicious websites, which it apparently thinks ebay is.  I disabled the extension and problem went away but here is more info on removing:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/avg-safeguard-toolbar-removal/ 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Yes, same problem. Only on ebay site. Anti virus finds nothing. Malwarebytes scan finds nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

YES - found solution. Was the AVG Safesearch extension that was installed to Chrome.  

Now I see the answer posted right here above my post, but I couldn't see that response at time - could only access this stie from the cache function or would get redirected.

Here's what I did - in case it helps any one else : 

Go to Chrome settings, chose extensions, then delete AVG safesearch toolbar from the list.  Next went to computer control panel, selected programs, and uninstalled the AVG safesearch toolbar.

Seems to have worked. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Just dumped AVG toolbar and problem is fixed. By-by AVG..........

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

thanks,im not even a computer guy,and ur directions worked tx.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for the simple steps to fix that!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused.  The edits were to the topic title only.  Thanks for your understanding.  If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact a moderator via private message.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Thanks to all who helped with this problem.  Your fixes worked.  AVG did seem to be the problem.  Bernie

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Ahhhhhhh! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

i am using Chrome and i did not see AVG extension.

when i search for certain item on ebay.com, it will load the result, and then redirect to a 'junk' site.

please help

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Same problem.  I use Chrome and AVG.  I didn't see an AVG extension so I updated Chrome and the problem went away. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

However, the problem remains for those of us who do not have AVG or its toolbar, so it is not the cause of the same problem for us

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Every 2nd time i click anything on ebay its redirecting me and Nortin pops up telling me its stopping a virus attack

Message 15 of 20
latest reply