cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need A Question Answered? My Last Day here will be May 28

Hi Folks,

May 28/2017 I ride off into the sunset with my beloved Mrs C.

I know some will be indifferent, others glad, but maybe just a few of you have wanted to ask questions that you have never got around to...well I will do my best to answer them for the next 2 weeks.

I value and treasure many of the friendship made here and will most likely be talking about some of you folks for years to come.

I am not sure what's up...but I think it's time for us to really go back to the simple life. Hopefully I am prepared.

Mr C

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

I'll miss you Mr C.And yes,I feel it too.Selling off a bunch oif stuff to sell my home and downsize in a smaller town.

Message 2 of 106
latest reply

You will definitely be missed, Mr C!

I'm sure many people around here will be talking about you for years to come, also.

Message 3 of 106
latest reply

Sorry to see you all go - give Mrs. C my best.

I moved to Florida in December resulting in a big life style change, downsizing,  and months fixing the house and yard and contacting doctors, dentist, a bowling league, a bridge group, and basically just finding my way around in new territory.   My next move will be either to an assisted living facility or the great beyond. 

Take care and enjoy your time together.         Kathie

Message 4 of 106
latest reply

Mr. C,

I will definitely miss your presence on ebay as will others on these boards. May 28 will be a sad day for me. Wish you and Mrs. C only the best in your future endevours.Man Wink

Message 5 of 106
latest reply

Dear Kathy,

Thank you so much for this.

We are just a few weeks away from putting posts in the ground for our long awaited cabin/cottage in the woods.

The past two years have changed our lives forever.  By the grace of God and friends who had faith in us we survived and changed...hopefully for the better.

My heart yearns for stability, yet it seems to be so elusive in the world of today, but it is there if you dig deep enough. Mrs C and I have that and for our remaining days we have chosen to put that first as we have had to now since Sept of 2015.

Ebay is not part of that picture anymore.

Mr C

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

You aren't leaving Noble Co. are you?  I hope not.

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Hi Fern,

No, we are moving about 12 miles onto our 5 acres further into the backwoods N.E. portion of the county. Currently we are at the bottom end next to Washington county at mile 22 across the creek from 1 77.

We could never really see us leaving these hills and hollars...and with beautiful West Virginia not far away...we have the life.

Mr C

Message 8 of 106
latest reply

Wishing you and Mrs. C a  very happy and healthy future as you set out on your new adventure together.

You will be sorely missed. 

Message 9 of 106
latest reply

You'll be missed here, but I wish you and Mrs C all the best for your new future.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 106
latest reply

AWH, too bad.  Check in once in a while.  See my thread.  You can't close your account, they won't let you without a big hassle.

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 11 of 106
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Hi Fern,

No, we are moving about 12 miles onto our 5 acres further into the backwoods N.E. portion of the county. Currently we are at the bottom end next to Washington county at mile 22 across the creek from 1 77.

We could never really see us leaving these hills and hollars...and with beautiful West Virginia not far away...we have the life.

Mr C

Glad to hear it, and how wonderful to have some backwoods to move to.  My hubby is looking all the time to find some land to move to.  We have only 2 acres, and although they are mostly woods, we definitely would like more privacy.

Message 12 of 106
latest reply

Yes we are very blessed to have found this piece of land a few years back.

It is sandwiched between a 40 acre wooded parcel to the west and a 40 acre wooded partial to the east with only 2 other parcels above us and we are a 1/2 mile up the old farm lane.

Mr C
Message 13 of 106
latest reply

You will be missed but I certainly understand. As we await the passing of my dear MIL now she's got about 6 months probably & the oh so recent loss of my FIL, I'm contemplating myself. My heart just isn't in it & I don't want to move all this stuff. We will sell the properties & buy another home of our own or most likely one of my own. Looking at big changes this year. I will cut my prices to rock bottom, list all this stuff & likely be done. Now I have a ton of FILs stuff to sell. No way am I packing up all this stuff & taking it with me.
I have lost the desire to sell & I don't know if it's just because my heart is broken. You all know I was the caregiver for FIL & now MIL. Going through so much so quickly has taken so much out of me. I just don't need the stress. So after 18 years, I too will be calling it quits some time this year.
Mr & Mrs C, thank you for your friendship & your help. You helped me when I was at my lowest & I will never forget it. Hopefully we can stay in touch.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 14 of 106
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife

You know I will miss you, my brother from a different mother.

All the best to you and the Mrs.

Dave

Message 15 of 106
latest reply