cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

What is going on with eBay? It's bad enough that eBay promotes a hostile marketplace through its abysmal customer service dept. but recent technical problems and shut downs leads me to believe that they are also cutting back IT staff too. Or has eBay policy & standards of conduct become so offensive that nobody wants to work for them?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: IS EBAY GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Wish they would, and a new upstart would come in.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Sometimes wish the whole monster would crash and it would go back to the beginning.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Certainly is cut backs, they've even got school kids designing there android Apps! Well that's what it looks like!
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

It's just the disruptive innovation that JD likes to brag about.

He's got the 'disruptive' part down pretty good now.

Still waiting on the innovation though. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yea, back in the Mid to late 1990's I was doing wonderful on eBay and even Yahoo Auctions at that time. Then eBay started hiring CEO's and such, at which time the fee's and selling charges started really going up. Then it went and included China, and that really stepped on the American Market on eBay. Now I think they are just pretty much chasing their tails and trying to find out they can put in their 8 hrs each day without spending any money. Seen any TV ads in the last few years? Nope...

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

EBAY GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

No way, it is a cash cow that its executurds will milk until it runs dry.

"We're sort of like the mall landlord or the owner of the parking lot where the flea market happens."
— eBay spokesman Chris Donlay
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

sd-brightis
Thrill-Seeker

They proly pay them pennies

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It looks like they are on their way out as you can see compared to the past in the 1990's and eaarly 2000 years.  I now list things on ebay and I surf to check out what's on there selling and hardly anyone is buying compared to the past history of this company.     Does not look good to me and I am sure others are thinking the same thing.  Their rules are ridiculous for sellers.  If the seller is right in the transaction versus buyer they the buyer is always right according to ebay.  It seems like they ebay would wake up and realize that without the mom and pop sellers that used to be mostly on ebay (which made them rich by the way) is how they got the big money.    Now they have large companies listing products as a avenue promoting their products, not as many small Mom and Pop sellers!!    I have been on both sides, selling and buying but it is not a AUCTION SITE anymore for sure and that is what made ebay the money in the old days!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

eBay used to be a much better auction site to sell on, not a flea market...ebay dictates to sellers on items that they are trying to sell, once sold at a flea market or a auction there is no returns...here the seller gives many pictures with details and a description and if the buyer does not like it when they get the item even with all the information in the auction item they leave un-true feedback and ebay lets them.....and then says they want to return it ....hmmmmm

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Not a flea market....when you buy something at a flea market or a auction even if it is a website auction they do not get the choice of returning the item!
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Donahoe isnt with Ebay anymore.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

well even here ebay says you cant say too, it, and more censorship going on....what?
Message 13 of 13
latest reply