cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

lohhh
Enthusiast

I am also very-very disappointed. In May buyer "changed mind". Second chance offers were not accepted. Gave up for a while. Now I tried to sell the same item - and again buyer sent me a note that "sorry, did not notice dispatch time, I am not paying". Fortunately now I made second chance offer right away that was accepted (and paid, which seems to be more critical aspect than bidding or buying).

My hours cost something also! And cosidering that ebay and paypal combined take 1/6th of the income, they should really consider providing some protection for this money.

I will NEVER sell on ebay again. There are much more convinient options available than neverending tracing of buyers that "change mind".

Message 46 of 691
latest reply

I have read all the postings on this thread, and disappointly, Im on the same boat. E-bay have out done themselves this time.

Lately, I have sold quite a lot of items on E-bay within the past month or 2 and never have I had so many non-paying buyers. I have contacted my buyers more than 3x and nothing works. This "unpaid item" button is HOPELESS. It doesn't do any justice.

How is it fair that all buyers will be receiving 100% feedback and no one will even know that they are a deadbeat.

All sellers who have gone through this situation and wasted time should boycott E-bay. E-bay is getting on my nerves and quite frankly, they suck.

Message 47 of 691
latest reply

How is it fair that all buyers will be receiving 100% feedback and no one will even know that they are a deadbeat.

You don't, with UPI you don't even need to acknowledge the existence of a 'deadbeat buyer' to filter them out, two strikes and an easy way to get your listing fees and FVFs back.

The only reason sellers want the ability to leave negative back is to find a way to retaliate against buyers through lies claiming buyer is a 'liar', 'threatened seller', and whatnot. Your claims of attempting to help other sellers out is actually for satisfying your own ego that you were about to 'get back at the buyer'. Why else do you think this policy lasted four years despite constant complaints by sellers?

Sellers can get top-rated seller status, buyers can't get top-rated buyer status, let's not forget that.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 48 of 691
latest reply

"Nevermind the fees. Paypal is owned by eBay, so why two sets of fees for the one transaction?"

Exactly! This is another concern I've noticed lately. PayPal, which is owned by ebay, is now adding fees to sellers when ebay makes it the rule that Paypal has to be used. They set up a fee on PayPal and they know you can't accept checks or M.O.s from buyers, since it has been made against their rules, so you have to pay it. Ebay is getting a fee through your auction and now also they are getting another fee from you through THEIR PayPal. It's wrong and I'm surprised that no class-action stuff has been broughtagainst them for this yet.

Imagine if the bank you bank with told you than now, as a member of their bank, you must only purchase gasoline from the gas station they own, and at the gas station they are charging you an extra usage fee for using their service when the bank if forcing you to use the service to begin with.

So much corporate corruption any more.

Message 49 of 691
latest reply

You have an Excellant Point,,,,,I do agree w/all your comments and suggestions,,,,I am a Seller/Buyer myself,,,,I just encountered these No Paying Bastards myself,,,,,I just dont their point,,,by doing this,,,,

Message 50 of 691
latest reply

Why doesn't it work this way:

Seller can leave any kind of feedback up until buyer leaves feedback (or even up until buyer pays for the item), but after buyer leaves feedback (or pays) the seller can no longer leave negative feedback.  This would allow sellers to leave negative feedback for non-payers, but also prevent retaliation negative feedback from sellers to buyer negative feedback.  This seems like a simple solution to me...

Message 51 of 691
latest reply

Why doesn't it work this way:

Seller can leave any kind of feedback up until buyer leaves feedback (or even up until buyer pays for the item), but after buyer leaves feedback (or pays) the seller can no longer leave negative feedback.  This would allow sellers to leave negative feedback for non-payers, but also prevent retaliation negative feedback from sellers to buyer negative feedback.  This seems like a simple solution to me...

The good buyers would contact seller and only use feedback as a last resort, but even the simplest communication would hurt some seller's pride (since many sellers seems to think they are perfect and it's always buyer's fault), so they leave negative feedback first.

Therefore no, why try to fix something that's been around for years which indicates that it's not a problem?

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 52 of 691
latest reply

Ebay should require that buyers pay for items within 4 days or be removed fron Ebay. No 3 strikes crap. This isnt baseball its business! Im sick of non paying buyers. And the feedback system allows any buyer to lie and ruin a sellers good reputation. I left Ebay for about a year and I just returned selling. I see its the same old crap with deadbeat buyers that Ebay wont remove FAST ENOUGH!
Message 53 of 691
latest reply

IMO a buyer should not be able to leave neg feedback unless they go through a process of contacing the seller and trying to work somthing out. Now, many low feedback buyers are very quick to ruin a sellers reputation. They could care less. I have seen many positive comment feedbacks with neautral or negative marks. How does that fly?? They clicked the wrong thing and the seller pays the price forever. Totoal BS. Ebay is trying to be Amazon, but they are no Amazon. Amazon actually stocks and sells items themselfs. Ebay just makes money off the backs of the sellers that sell on their site. Ebay sells nothing but a service.

Message 54 of 691
latest reply

How about posting the IDs of your DEADBEAT BIDDERS here so we can all block them!

Message 55 of 691
latest reply

Yep, I'm in the same boat, i got "abused" by a buyer that took advantage , i have shipped the item before the payment was made -trusting the good /"excellent" feedback of the buyer, track # shows item delivered , then i send an invoice and a message...then LOL more messages and invoices, then i open an Unpaid item case, then i send an money request through PayPal...0 communication from this p0$ , and also it had the nerve to mark the item payed -i got that sand-hour-glass gizmo showing that buyer marked item Paid, LOL like marking that took care of the issue (without actually paying through PayPal)

Can't leave negative feedback-so i just keep that case open forever ]:)

Message 56 of 691
latest reply

rochellejh
Enthusiast

I have been buying from a Seller who is BEYOND EXCELLENT!! 

Not only in his presentation, but his more than Accurate Descriptions and his mulitiple pictures. 

Some "Ding-bat" gave him a Negative because as she said: "Descriptions stated 3 1/2 inch heel the heel was 4 inches too high for me."

I looked at the "said" Auction...it perfectly stated that the shoes had a 3 1/2 inch heel.  4 perfect pictures of the same.

I have purchased over 30 items from this Seller...He is BEYOND AMAZING!  Wonderful merchandise!!! Wonderful Seller!

Because as Seller's you can not leave Negative Feedback...can I address this idiot's F/B?  Of course, I will be leaving Positive F/B...just bringing to light that this person is an idiot and needs to learn how to READ!

Can I get into any problems as a Buyer for supporting my Seller? 

I'm Damn Mad!!!  X-(

Message 57 of 691
latest reply

I think a seller can reply to the negative feedback, because I have seen the replies from the bad feedback.

I think there is problems with some buyers and sellers, not all people are honest.

I won a lladro beagle and mailed the seller I would like to pay for insurance to have it sent and I would pay for the extra cost. The seller did not reply so I paid for the item and sent a message I would pay the extra. It was supposed to be sent expedited and get here the 13th or 14th. Well I have not received even a tracking number and have not heard from seller! I think the seller won't send it because I got it for $51.00 and seller wanted more.

Like I stated good and bad in both sellers and buyers if person is not honest! It is nice of you to stand up for your seller but most buyers know there is always complainers out there. It would take more then one complainer to ruin a great seller I think.

Message 58 of 691
latest reply

wildchildlk
Enthusiast

Oh my gosh, I am glad but not that I am not the only one having this problem. I have tried to sell my phone twice now and both times, no communication and no pay...I have never had this problem before and it is not worth the aggravation. I think I might be done with EBAY and without sellers, there are no buyers. I buy more than I sell and I will be taking my business else where. It is ridicluous that not only I can't leave feedback for deadbeats but now I don't know who they are grrrr.

Message 59 of 691
latest reply

Ebay protects the buying scammers. Sellers dont really have any rights.And dont get me started on the whole open package deal which basically allows scammers to get free items with no recourse.

And for the people saying Ebay makes money off buyers and buyers are the important ones are WRONG. Why do the buyers come?? To buy stuff.Who sells stuff?? Not Ebay.And who pays Ebay? Not the buyers If the sellers go somewhere else than the buyers follow. Ebay needs to really figure that concept out.

Message 60 of 691
latest reply