cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

I did that and e*Bay removed my nasty comment under a positive rating!!   NO RECOURSE!

Message 376 of 691
latest reply

EBAY Removes those comments.  It just happened to me.  NO RECOURSE!

Message 377 of 691
latest reply

Yea, Ebay changed this sometime ago.  Used to be you could leave feedback for all to see.  I suppose in the "feel good, don't hurt someone's feelings" world we live in its not not allowed.    Another loss of ebay accountability...  Ebay goes down hill more and more.

Message 378 of 691
latest reply

@cobracapt1 wrote:

Yea, Ebay changed this sometime ago.  Used to be you could leave feedback for all to see.  I suppose in the "feel good, don't hurt someone's feelings" world we live in its not not allowed.    Another loss of ebay accountability...  Ebay goes down hill more and more.

Right, six years ago. And feedback doesn't block anyone from bidding/buying, so the fixation on leaving a neg is quite bizarre.

Message 379 of 691
latest reply

Perhaps to you, but a very valuable tool in the past. At least then the eBay comminty took some pride in thier record. Not the case these days as evident from the abuse of sellers we see more and more.
Message 380 of 691
latest reply

@cobracapt1 wrote:
Perhaps to you, but a very valuable tool in the past. At least then the eBay comminty took some pride in thier record. Not the case these days as evident from the abuse of sellers we see more and more.

Instead of living in the past, sellers need to use the tools that are available now.

Message 381 of 691
latest reply

what a joke. won my auction. asked if i could switch some pieces out. i said no so he refused to pay. 

and he imediatly gives me negative feedback no problem instantly.

guess he can and ebay doesnt give a **bleep** about sellers. i can't give him neg feedback.

whats the point of feedback at all anymore i guess.  or whats the point of ebay anymore. may sell my stuff elsewhere from now on.

Message 382 of 691
latest reply

good idea. im never leaving anyone good feedback again...
Message 383 of 691
latest reply

They say we are not allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers, yet in the Site Preferences page, they give us this option:

Buyers with a negative feedback score

Block buyers who have a feedback score of -1-2-3 or lower.

This requirement can help you avoid buyers who have received more negative than positive feedback from other eBay members bidding on your item.

So, where do the negative feedback scores for buyers come from?

Message 384 of 691
latest reply

Hold on mate I'm a buyer and there is good and bad in all of us. But I think I should be able to leave a negative comment when some one out there sells you an item that did not match the sellers description. As I
have said there are genuine sellers and those deliberatly there to rip you off and knowingly they can get away with.
Message 385 of 691
latest reply

I have a buyer that did not pay nor communicate with 100% feedback and 4 of the "positive" feedbacks were for no communication non paying bidder...What?! How is she NOT blocked?? I would be the 5th non paying if I could leave feedback, but since I opened a nonpaying bidder case and it is closed, I can't leave feedback at all.  Its as if the transaction never happened! GRR! If I had known the bidder had that many non paying bids against them I would have canceled their bid.  Blocks are put up now with 2 strikes against cannot bid.  Where are the repercussions for the buyer? Shouldn't  that buyer been barred from eBay already with 4 strikes?

@dmc06041969 wrote:

I have deadbeat buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

@dmc06041969 wrote:

I have deadbeat buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 386 of 691
latest reply

@sub_urbanrepurposeandvintage wrote:

I have a buyer that did not pay nor communicate with 100% feedback and 4 of the "positive" feedbacks were for no communication non paying bidder...What?! How is she NOT blocked?? I would be the 5th non paying if I could leave feedback, but since I opened a nonpaying bidder case and it is closed, I can't leave feedback at all.  Its as if the transaction never happened! GRR! If I had known the bidder had that many non paying bids against them I would have canceled their bid.  Blocks are put up now with 2 strikes against cannot bid.  Where are the repercussions for the buyer? Shouldn't  that buyer been barred from eBay already with 4 strikes?

Chances are, those sellers are NOT using the actual tool that will have an impact and gives out those NPB strikes, you can only blame them. Once again shows taking the 'easy way' (which is not allowed anyway) ruins other people. Bid blocking feature doesn't read the feedbacks and determine whether it is a 'strike' or not, doesn't work like that.

Or, you probably weren't using 'Block bidders with NPB strikes', which is always a good feature to use.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 387 of 691
latest reply

I just had buyer

not pay me even though he had 100% positive feedback over 29 transactions.  He won the auction for a clothing item listed as "small" in 2 areas of the listing.  Then he refused to pay because he wanted an XL and then he starts messaging me in spanish.  **bleep**?

All members of ebay community should be able to quickly establish the reputation of both the buyer and seller. If buyers only can get positive feedback, then why have any feedback at all?   Uh, what seller doesn't want to know if a buyer is a deadbeat?

How can I alert other sellers to a dirtbag buyer?

Message 388 of 691
latest reply

@peaarmijo wrote:

How can I alert other sellers to a dirtbag buyer?

Simple, you issue them UPI strikes if they refuse to make payment and when they try to bid or buy from a seller with UPI blocking on - They will be notified that the bidder is a possible NPB, WITHOUT having to worry that the bidder won't pay. How is that too difficult to understand?

Many sellers are just selfish and want to leave negative feedback for satisfying their own egos using a pathetic excuse as "
"helping other sellers out", or "It's not fair if they get to do that to us and we don't get to do that to them", newsflash:

- Ebay gave you a way to help them out, it's up to you whether you want to help them out or not, not filing UPI cases and claiming you want to leave negative feedback to help them out is pure hypocrisy.

- Similarily, it's also their choice whether they want to use the UPI blocking to protect their sales or not, but since not enough sellers are actually doing the right thing, often it's too late for them. Maybe it's because the previous sellers refuse to help them, and instead want the other sellers to go through the same suffering as they did, because I don't know... They don't think it's fair that they had to suffer the non-payers and future sellers don't have to do the work of issuing UPI strikes?

- Life is unfair, I get my share of 'time wasting sellers' who lists item as shipped, does not actually ship item and then refuse to respond whenever I ask them about the items, sure buyer protection will get it back for me but that often means money is unavailable for at least one month.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 389 of 691
latest reply

PLEASE... Mark Zuckerberg of someone with a butt load of cash....START an auction site that would give eBay a run for their money.

I would be out of here so quick it would make Ebays head swim. The average $1,400 a month I pay in eBay fees gets me less and less respect and recognition with each new CEO. And I don't want to hear about Etsy and some of these other Micky Mouse sites as an option. We all know that's a jock. That Ebay really is the only game in town for visibility. We just need to have someone with money and vision to give eBay some real competition. And don't talk to me about the buyers are the ones with the money and that's why eBay caters to them. B.S.  EVERYONE has money in their pockets. Some more that others of course. But NOT everyone has the products that separate the buyers from their money. NO PRODUCT...NO SALES = NO PROFIT FOR EBAY SHARE HOLDERS. I've been out for a long time and have seen what used to be a fun place to make a living turn into an evil necessity. 

Message 390 of 691
latest reply