cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Seller's can no longer leave negative feedback on deadbeat buyers and this is the main reason I'm not as active on eBay as I use to be.

Sellers should absolutely be able to leave negative feedback on deadbeat buyers and they used to be able to do so. My guess is that sellers didn't restrict negative feedback to non-payment and that this is why eBay changed the policy. It's unfortunate because everyone now has to pay for the bad behavior of others.

Message 346 of 691
latest reply

I am having the same problem with these deadbeat buyers. I would say at least one out four of my buyers don't pay. I find this frustrating that there is no way to leave negative feedback or that there is no real disciplinary action against them. I'm down for the class action law suit.
Message 347 of 691
latest reply

@fourchette wrote:

Seller's can no longer leave negative feedback on deadbeat buyers and this is the main reason I'm not as active on eBay as I use to be.

Sellers should absolutely be able to leave negative feedback on deadbeat buyers and they used to be able to do so. My guess is that sellers didn't restrict negative feedback to non-payment and that this is why eBay changed the policy. It's unfortunate because everyone now has to pay for the bad behavior of others.

Should and being able to is two different things. You have the privilege of using an established UPI process, make use of it and let Ebay know, not other people.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 348 of 691
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

ebay DONT CARE about sellers! All they want is the fee money! They DONT care if a seller looses money as long as you pay your fees!!!!

Message 349 of 691
latest reply

You are wrong its the sellers who make the money for ebay  buyers pay for item seller pay  listing fees , final value fees and shipping fees... buyers are not buyers when they don't pay they are dead beats.... non paying buyers should be charged final value fees and left a negative feedback!

Message 350 of 691
latest reply

Regardless of any of this I had my first buyer who came up with utter nonesense as to why they couldn't pay the £400.00 they committed to and for me this is the first time in years this has happened (although I haven't sold in a while) but reading all the comments I see this appears to be more common lately. When i dug into the feedback i saw recently that someone left positive feedback (only option) with negative comments. If I had seen this as a 'negative' flag early on it would have saved me the bother. 

I reported the seller but fear they will go on to buy again from someone and not pay. We really need the negative feedback option for both seller and buyer. I will conclude my sale(s) remaining then find alternate routes in the future as eBay's feedback system is not a feedback system that works for me. 

Message 351 of 691
latest reply

I am having the same problem -- not allowed to leave negative feedback for a buyer who exploited the return policy.  The buyer claimed a part was missing from my new router.  I included a photo of the router and the contents of the box.  Nothing was missing.  When I asked what was missing, he refused to identify it and accellerated the claims process.  Paypal then returned my money to him WITHOUT my permission.  Paypal did NOT even notify me.  On top of that HE KEPT THE ROUTER!!!!!  I feel totally ripped off. I feel like I should leave negative feedback for Tyecka Eddins a/k/a ecka-one but I am not being allowed to.  Ebay has NOT responded to my complaints and I am beginning to feel Ebay is complicit in this fraud.

Message 352 of 691
latest reply

I THINK IT'S TIME SELLERS ACCPETED THAT EBAY WAS BUILT TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE BUYER, NOT THE SELLER.

I find this to be very discriminatory. 

Message 353 of 691
latest reply

Oh C'mon how do you know if "ebay puts a strike on the buyer records"?...

There is aboslutely no guarantee that is what Ebay does. It's all 'behind the curtains... Ebay says they take action but the whole process is anything but transparent. They give you the song ' for privacy reasosn we will not disclose the actions taken against buyer ' (or similar **bleep**py disclaimer...)

Ebay does whatever they want and that is always to screw the seller and give the buyer reason, no matter what. In fact, while the problem is being sold Ebay has the NERVE to freeze that $ from your seller's account.

Oh how I wish there was an alternative.

I just detest the way sellers are treated by Ebay!!!

Message 354 of 691
latest reply

WHy should we accept it? The minute something as large (or even half as large ) as Ebay comes up, I'm done with Ebay. 

Ebay has not figured out that they cannot make $$ without sellers. It's sad.

Message 355 of 691
latest reply

seems like ebay is saying its ok to bid and not pay. just had some flogbag not pay for what he seemingly wanted. i did all the right things, i sent him a reminder asking if he still wanted the item. receiving no reply from the germ i went to the resolution centre and followed the instructions. still no payment from the scumbag i closed the unpaid item case and went to give him some much needed negative feedback. but wait! no such thing as negative feedback for a knob chewer like the scum that obviously refused to pay. well done ebay on encouraging **bleep**ers that like to do nothing better than stuff sellers around. pick up your game ebay.

Message 356 of 691
latest reply

I only buy on EBay. I accidentally bid on a few items of the wrong size for my granddaughter. I asked the buyers to cancel. All but one seller was nice about it, and I tried to buy another item of theirs to make up for my mistake. One seller blocked me immediately, so I was unable to see her listings. That's a shame because I have spent over 1000.00 on baby girl clothes in the past 6 weeks. I had no idea a seller could block you. It was her loss for not even giving me a chance to buy another item I could use.
Message 357 of 691
latest reply

It's actually a good thing to be able to block buyers because some buyers buy, haggle on things like shipping, and then turn around and re-list the item at a premium. But to do it to a buyer who probably has good feedback otherwise and who made a mistake? Not giving the benefit of the doubt here indicates a seller who's too quick on the "block" trigger and prefers to cut off his nose to spite his face. Definitely a lose-lose.

Message 358 of 691
latest reply

I have the same problem. 3 out of 5 items were not paid. 

I BELIEVE ebay did that to reduce the negative feedback in ebayer's profile, in general, to make EBAY looks better. Buyer might see most bidder haev good record, and new seller might jump in for same reason. 

That is smart for them. But I am very disappointed to ebay. 

Message 359 of 691
latest reply

"Buyer might see most bidder haev good record, and new seller might jump in for same reason. Buyer might see most bidder haev good record, and new seller might jump in for same reason."

Don't forget that sellers don't HAVE to leave feedback and even if the feedback is positive, it doesn't have to be ecstatic. My buyer feedback always looks good because I pay immediately and am nice to deal with (even in the rare instance of an unsatisfactory win)--this almost always gets mentioned. Look for those kinds of comments in a prospective buyer's "positive" feedback. If the seller isn't saying much, chances are it's because there wasn't much good to say.

Message 360 of 691
latest reply