cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

I am curious if anyone out in Ebayland can clarify why the feedback section is so small (1). 

(2) Why are negative comments not allowed; Amazon does not pull that nonscence.  When a seller does not ship for 10 days and ignores emails, Amazon will let you slam them good as long as you can document the nonscence you have been put through.  On Ebay they seems to live in la la land where all sellers ship right away after payment and buyers always pay on time.  The fact is, not all buyers or sellers are good.  What king of fantasyland does Ebay live in?

Message 331 of 691
latest reply

The feedback system is now so flawed and skewed because it means NOTHING as EVERY Ebay buyer has 100% because you can't leave negative feedback.   And leaving negative feedback under a positive rating is impossible to find.  Who has time to review pages of feedback on every bidder or winner?

Non paying buyers are epidemic!  There is no deterent since nothing a seller can do to penalize them or out them.  Opening a non payer case does nothing but tie up the sellers item --off the maket for another 10 days before being available for another 7 day listing!  Between the 1st listing, non paying case, and 2nd listing, -- your item can take almost 24 days to sell -- if you are lucky.

Ebay rep actuall told me verbally - they've done this to "PROTECT" the sellers.  Insane - it only protects the deadbeats!  

Ebay said they suspend non paying buyers after 2 non paying cases are opened but there is no way to actually verify that.  There is no where to find suspended ebayers.  

I've even had non paying - non communicating buyers with over 300 positive feedbacks.  The waste of time is ridiculous and so frustrating.  

If anyone has any ideas to push ebay to revise this system - please share.

Message 332 of 691
latest reply

I wish I had an idea to get Ebay to change their system to allow sellers to leave negative feedback for non-paying members.  Currently, there is NO consequence for not paying.  I had an item that I listed while the activity was "hot" for the item....the individual bid but then never paid.  I now have lost money as the item is no longer as "hot" and the high bidder of my item more than likely found it on Ebay cheaper and therefore did not pay me the amount they bid. 

This system is totally flawed and one-sided.  I'm not a major seller, just an occasional so this was the first time I experienced a non-payer.  With the lack of consequences, I'm sure the numbers have drastically risen.  I will have to re-think using Ebay for future items I have to sell.

Message 333 of 691
latest reply

@sirlimey wrote:

I wish I had an idea to get Ebay to change their system to allow sellers to leave negative feedback for non-paying members.  Currently, there is NO consequence for not paying.

Did you not read ANY of this thread? Do you have no clue about filing UID's and using bidder blocks?

Message 334 of 691
latest reply

Had a buyer that didnt pay. I filed a case. Got my fee returned but cant leave feedback on the buyer. There is no way for anyboody to know about non paying or dead beat buyers if it is like this. I can bid on everything and not pay and nothing will happen? What a joke!

Message 335 of 691
latest reply

Very sad route that eBay has taken. I filed the same complaint and I reported this to eBay Support. Basically, they have take the side of the buyer and is protecting the buyers instead of the sellers. What eBay had done is taken away a tool which sellers can use to encourage good buying behavior. We can no longer negative right a dead beat buyer so the buyers no have only positive feedbacks. Negative positive feedback is useless since people don't have time to read the feedback comments.
Message 336 of 691
latest reply

I've been a member for 10+ years. I sell things occasionally. Well i decided to go nuts and try to sell two thing in the past month. Both auctions had a no pay buyer with perfect feedback. (which really wasn't perfect when drilling down into their feedback log)

Let us leave negative feedback, really. It seems it's just anything goes at this point. 

I am seriously frustrated at this point, i can't imagine what large sellers must go through. If someone sells 100 items they must have 90 unpaid item cases! 

The seller pays all the fees! Protect them! Let them leave the appropriate feedback!

Thanks!

Message 337 of 691
latest reply

i have not left any feedback for buyers since eBay implemented this change.  And I will not leave any feedback for buyers until eBay allows me to leave negative and neutral feedback again. 

A feedback system where the only possible type of feedback is positive is not a feedback system.  It is a waste of time.

Message 338 of 691
latest reply

I've seen it done where you can comment on your own "positive feedback". Not sure if the buyer can complain and remove negative comments.
Message 339 of 691
latest reply

This policy benefits no one except the deadbeats.

It is truly indefensible. 

I read ebays policy on this and all it says is try doing "this or that instead"....never addresses the logic as to why I can neg a deadbeat. If for no other reason except to get a ounce of satisfaction to make up for my wasted time.

I understand why I cant neg a paying bidder,  but why on earth cant I neg a non payer???? Especially after dealing with the BS to get my fees back?

Message 340 of 691
latest reply

I agree that sellers should be allowed to leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers. It makes no sense that we can't. I have had several buyers not pay and this really is not fair to the seller. What is keeping EBAY from helping their sellers who bring in money for them? We need protection and the Ebay community needs to know that there are members out there who bid and never pay. Ebay needs to listen to us! I have contacted EBAY complaining about this new rule  and perhaps all sellers need to contact them! 

Message 341 of 691
latest reply

I always look at FB they leave for others. I have stop alot abuse from buyers this way. I call them out if they have history or scam leave them feedback but make note on what they did like. Powersellers look at FB left for others.

Message 342 of 691
latest reply

"ITS THE BUYERS WHO MAKE MONEY FOR E-BAY"...really? Then that's not eBay taking a portion of my final price (Final Value Fee), not including any listing fees or Paypal fees (which eBay owns)?

Until a buyer has to pay a buying fee - which will never and should never happen - it's sellers that are making eBay their money. But, it's all relative considering if there are no buyers, meaning no market, there will eventually be no sellers.

P.S. - Any intelligent thought can be conveyed using lowercase letters. Please do not feel the need to drive home your thoughts by using uppercase. Makes what you're saying seem ridiculous, which it is. So, good job.
Message 343 of 691
latest reply

I've been a buyer only on Ebay for almost 10 years and buy a lot. I've always wondered why the sellers act so surprised because I pay immediately after winning the item. I understand why now after reading your posts. I agree that Ebay needs to do something about deadbeat buyers.     Trix

Message 344 of 691
latest reply

Just to add my 2¢. I've been an eBay member for many years now but have only sold once; the rest of the transactions have been buys/wins. I agree that what you're dealing with is unfair. However, I'll point out that I know of a number of sellers (one with whom I was friendly) who either threatened to leave, or left, bad feedback for paying buyers because they didn't like their attitude, or postponed leaving feedback until they saw what kind of feedback had been left for them, e.g. a dissatisfied customer would earn retaliatory feedback from the seller despite the item's having been promptly paid for. The long and short of the matter is that the buyer's only obligation is to pay and unfair as it seems, that's the only criterion on which seller feedback should be based (this would include "negative" and "neutral"). "Nice eBayer," et al. is just frosting on the cake. Once the buyer pays, his/her contractual obligation has been fulfilled. My guess is that eBay eliminated everything but "positive" because sellers couldn't be trusted to restrict their feedback to payment (e.g. "paid fast but a real jerk" neutral). I don't blame you for wanting to leave but be aware that it's probably due to the previous unprofessional behavior of other sellers.

At this point, I'm glad things are the way they are. I recently received a "new" DVD set from a fairly new eBayer that had been wet under its shrink-wrap and who's giving me a hard time about returning it. At least I know, but don't think he does, that he can't ruin my stellar feedback record which, incidentally, I'm loath to do to him until I determine how amenable he is to a return and refund (he had the nerve to point out that I hadn't mentioned whether or not the disks, in their ruined packaging, played). I'd have to worry if things were the way they used to be.

Message 345 of 691
latest reply