cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

just don't deal with this eBay **bleep** anymore screw this site. I'm hoping one of these days all of the sellers are going to realize they're being used just so this company can make their money
Message 316 of 691
latest reply

I don't understand why people are complaining? Don't deal with eBay.. eBay is a bunch of crooks. I'm done arguing about the **bleep** that they do and non payers
Message 317 of 691
latest reply

ebay negative system is a joke. I get negatives for all kind of crazy stuff. for example, the last negative I received was this; "Description said white and they sent me blue gauges" for auction number; 400271844747". Everyone can go to the ad and read it. it states blue on the title, description and pictures show clearly blue. also, there are 61 other customers who did read the ad and did understand it. 

this is only one example. Customers write me rude emails thinking they are my boss for buying an item for $10 that costs at least twice as much elsewhere. 

I know it is not fair, but I am leaving just negatives. there is always reason why to give negative. if everyone does that, ebay will be alarmed to the abuse and do something about it. I know it is not fair, but it is not fair all around. 

let me know what you guys think.

Message 318 of 691
latest reply

EBay negative system is a joke. I get negatives for all kind of crazy stuff. For example, the last negative I received was this; "Description said white and they sent me blue gauges" for auction number; 400271844747". Everyone can go to the ad and read it. It states blue on the title, description and pictures show clearly blue. Also, there are 61 other customers who did read the ad and did understand it. 

This is only one example. Customers write me rude emails thinking they are my boss for buying an item for $10 that costs at least twice as much elsewhere. 

I know it is not fair, but I am leaving just negatives. There is always reason why to give negative. if everyone does that, eBay will be alarmed to the abuse and do something about it. I know it is not fair, but it is not fair all around. 

Let me know what you guys think.

Message 319 of 691
latest reply

Well I agree, this is absurd.  I am prompt and polite seller and I give a complete disclosure of the condition of the items I sell.  YET I get buyers who, after receiving an item, clearly did not read the auction description, or they request a replacement for a unique item that was as-described.  Now I'm wondering if the Buyer Protection system is enabling a scam?  I have two people that credibly deserve negative feedback right now and its absurd I cannot even leave a positive feedback with a warning on it.

In fact, I've had two buyers so far request a refund ( because they requested an item I was not actually selling ) and upon receiving refund, REFUSED to cancel the eBay transaction THUS forcing me to eat eBay fees with no option to reopen the case.  I only lost 80 cents in each case but REALLY?  eBay just profited off of a non-transaction and I guess they're hedging I won't spend the time to recover 80 cents by calling them on the phone.  Yes I'm feeling a little victimized here.

So my conclusion is this : eBay is losing revenue somewhere, maybe because of the economy, who knows, it doesn't matter.  And **bleep**py buyers who SHOULD be blocked are likely recognized internally by eBay as a potential source of revenue.  It's apparently more important for them to be profitable than produce a safe environment for a transaction.  The seller is taking all the risk here and eating all the fees.  After the experience of the past month I think I'm prone to give craigslist a spin and consider eBay as a secondary venue.

Message 320 of 691
latest reply

and yet ebay still takes 10% of eveything we sell....  I think it's time I used another auction site.

Message 321 of 691
latest reply

Are you a 3 year old using all caps and very very poor grammar?!?
Message 322 of 691
latest reply

I've been selling for close to 3 years now and I've never had an issue with someone not paying. Now all of the sudden, I've had to open like 7 unpaid cases! This is honestly ridiculous. The fact that I as a seller canot leave terrible feedback on a scummy buyers page is absolute garbage. I'm furious.

Message 323 of 691
latest reply

You're a D-Bag

Message 324 of 691
latest reply

I agreee that this is ridiculous! We should be able to leave negative feedback on buyers. I had no communication and no payment! And also had 15 other people bidding on this item. Instead a person with 0 feedback wins this item and doesn't pay and they have been a member for a year. This person needs to be kicked off. I'm furious.

Message 325 of 691
latest reply

Non paying bidders a nightmare, just to add to the misery you get an invoice for the sale the following month. You have to file non paying bidder / dispute after not being able to sell item elsewhere in the event the customer might pay and to cap it all you can't leave any negative feedback - wont be wasting any more time on selling on ebay just not fair to sellers !
Message 326 of 691
latest reply

Agree.  Rediculas a seller can't leave a neg.  Have been away from Ebay for awhile.  Had a 100% rating for years!  Sold a phone to a newbie, terrible communicator, that filed a quick negative when the phone didn't show up in two days.  After it showed up a day later, claimed screen broken.  No proof, but it was insured.  No follow up with post office.  Unwilling to change the negative feedback that says the phone never showed up.  I reported the inaccurate,  inappropriate feedback to Ebay a week ago and have heard nothing back.  Can't leave a negative back.  No recourse.  Just shut up an take it.

May very well leave Ebay for good.  I'm small volume anyhow.  I don't need idiots being able to ruin my internet reputation over BS and nothing I can do about it.  It's **bleep**!

Message 327 of 691
latest reply

Message 328 of 691
latest reply

Message me with the free listing sites you mention.

Ebay fees are crazy and I have been looking, just can't seem to find anything better.

Thanks

Message 329 of 691
latest reply

I agree Ebay has created a major problem for sellers!   There is no repercussion for deadbeat manipulative Buyers!  I have never had so many non-pay issues!   The rating system is now totally skewed and means nothing!  I am so unhappy with Ebay!

Is there someplace else to sell?

Message 330 of 691
latest reply