cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

ebay policy sucks. I sell an item to a non payer, but since there is no negative vote I had no idea.

BUT when I read the comments from other users, they leave A POSITIVE vote with nasty comment, like

FeedbackFrom/priceDate/time
Positive feedback ratingBEWARE...BEWARE....NEVER PAID AFTER WINNIG BID...LOOSER...Seller: 
xxxxxxxxxxxx ( 281Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) 
Oct-11-13 16:54
 -- (#321218896129)--View Item
Positive feedback ratingAvoid this buyer. Did not pay for the item after winning the bid.Seller: 
xxxxxxxxxx ( 36Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) 
Oct-08-13 16:09

-- (#321221543783)

(removed username and links)

Ebay alows this  user to bid, without any warning. 

THE TRICK IS that they allow you for the second chance offer, but THEY CHARGE you for it.

Good one ebay.

Message 271 of 691
latest reply

Here may be a small solution to help with non-paying bidders.  How about once you buy the item, you are automatically charged for the item?  Just set it in your policies that are agreed to when you make your account, when policies are updated, etc, that you will automatically be charged for an item once it is bought.  If you dont have money for the item, then dont bid on it.  But automatically take payment out via credit card linked to eBay account, or automatically from your paypal account.  You will still have users call the credit card company and scream fraud, but if the policies are set in place and are agreed to before you are able to create an account, im not sure what recourse they will have. 

Message 272 of 691
latest reply

You can 'buy' without linking Paypal account (or even credit card information for that matter) to your Ebay account, your proposal will never happen.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 273 of 691
latest reply

Big deal ins't?  A strike that no ones can see so the BUYER is protected ALL the time but the sellers...oh well stick your finger in your mouth and suck it up.

Message 274 of 691
latest reply

Just remember....we pay the salaries of the employees and CEOs of Ebay...however we the Sellers do not have any power on the descisions regarding selling, no protection for crooks or deadbeat buyers who want to have the item for free no matter what.

We pay a good pocket change for the store "privileges" but we get nothing in return...exposure is almost non existing, protection agains theft and bad buyes is not existing, fees and more fees is the common theme for us...and having help is like asking to have an interview with the President of USA....a total joke.

Message 275 of 691
latest reply

Being there and tried that but does not work...if you leave a negative comment for a buyers that will be removed and depending of what kind of message you posted you can end up in hot water...NO, and no there is NO, NONE, ZERO protection for the sellers...we paid, we paid and paid fees and more fees but at the end we are alone....on the other hand a buyer can leave any type of feedback, no pay, claim that the item never arrived (even if the tracking number shows that it did), refuse to return the item, claim that is damage and so on...and EBAY 99.99 percent of the time will rule on their favor.   No way to warn other sellers of these crooks so...we are alone but guys the good news is that we still paying and hoping that we will get the exposure to sell....that if you listed more thatn 5000 items a month...then yes  ...you have a better chance to sell your items...for small fish listing 150 or less...good luck trying to sell your stuff....it won't happen...but the good thing is that you will be charge the store fees on the dot 🙂

Message 276 of 691
latest reply

Yeah I will sign up for it. I just got one of those fake buyers messing up my sell.
Message 277 of 691
latest reply

I have been a seller & buyer since 1998. I have 100% positive feedback.

This week i got my first non paying bidder. Granted it has only been 36 hours but no communication after multiple professional inquiries.

What a helpless position to be in. I have always counseled people new to eBay that it has always been good to me and I have never had a problem worse than slow.shipment in the past 15 years.

Hoping this isn't the one experience that discourages me from promoting ebay to nervous new members in the future.
Message 278 of 691
latest reply

Hello all,

Just sharing... Most of the time, my desire to leave negative feedback for buyers comes from cases where they bid or flat out purchase an item and just don't pay (and I've heard every excuse under the sun for why they can't/won't).  As this forum mentions, seller's are at a distinct disadvantage in that we really can't leave negative feedback to warn other sellers;  However, we do have a tool available to combat non-payers and if used collectively by more sellers, would increase the penalty and decrease the number of non-payment cases we run into. 

This tool is called Buyer Requirements and can be accessed by following these links:

Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements

From there, you can set how many "strikes" on a users account they can have to be able to bid on your items or purchase from your store.  How effective is it?  To date, we've stopped 26 people from buying items from our store and we've seen the number of resolution cases turn sharply down.  If used more frequently across more sellers, this would be equivalent to banning buyers that frequently buy things without paying.  Just a thought.

Best regards,

Message 279 of 691
latest reply

Absolute rubbish the buyer doesn't in any instance get charges for listings photos etc. if the item doesn't sell there is still a charge even for relisting

Message 280 of 691
latest reply

Ebay feedback policy overview says
Feedback is intended to be an open, honest way to share your experience with other members. Why then are sellers not allowed to leave honest feedback for non paying buyers? Nothing mean or personal just that the buyer didn't pay, because that is the HONEST truth the buyer didn't pay!!! Ebay is not allowing me to be honest and i don't appreciate it...
Message 281 of 691
latest reply

I have an auction going right now. The high bidder has a feedback of 4 and when I clicked on the feedback to read it 3 of the positive feedbacks were complaints for non-payment. This person has been sending me messages all week wanting me to sell outright. I cannot believe ebay has not stepped in by now and canned this person!

Message 282 of 691
latest reply

@chaussure-amant-88 wrote:
Ebay feedback policy overview says
Feedback is intended to be an open, honest way to share your experience with other members. Why then are sellers not allowed to leave honest feedback for non paying buyers? Nothing mean or personal just that the buyer didn't pay, because that is the HONEST truth the buyer didn't pay!!! Ebay is not allowing me to be honest and i don't appreciate it...

They don't have enough common sense to add the missing phrase 'for buyers'.

What they should do is be more strict in their policies and ban more sellers for leaving false positive without the need to report them.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 283 of 691
latest reply

I filed an UPI against a buyer after 2 weeks of trying to get them to pay. She paid straight away, I posted the item this morning,  as soon as I marked the item as sent she left negative feedback saying I was mean to her. How is that fair? You should not be allowed to leave feedback if you've had a UPI filed. And I wasn't mean, it was a last resort after 2 weeks of repeatedly going through payment options. This system blows.

Message 284 of 691
latest reply

I can shout; don't hear you.

Message 285 of 691
latest reply