cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

storedzombie666
Enthusiast

This is nonsense I try my best to ship quickly and make sure buyers are satisfied and accept that some of these buyers don't even leave feedback yet I have to deal with auction bidders that come in the end outbid other people then don't pay don't even get me started on buy it now buy it now means buy it NOW to me I think if someone bids in the last hour of the auction they should pay up before bid is placed

Message 136 of 691
latest reply

thompsclay
Enthusiast

This blog is helpful.  I just had my first experience with a "deadbeat" buyer.  I can't believe I really have no recourse.  Suddenly the little stars next to a username mean a lot less.  Shame on you Ebay.

Message 137 of 691
latest reply

EBay should just take away all feedback if this is going to be the way things stay.

Stupid policies, ineffective ways to limit repeat deadbeat buyers, and higher fees.

BOOOO HISSS ebay!

Message 138 of 691
latest reply

Horrible policy Ebay

Also letting a buyer file a non receipt claim after 7 days and putting a hold on our Paypal accounts even if tracking info was provided.

Message 139 of 691
latest reply

Yeah, this does not work at all.  Buyer hasn't paid for almost 3 weeks.  Ignored invoice and contact message.  I just want to leave negative feedback and donate the items to goodwill. I can't get rid of the items in case the buyer suddenly decides to pay.  I can't leave a negative feedback and have to open a "case" instead.  What the hell are they thinking?  Or are they thinking at all?

Message 140 of 691
latest reply

The idea of limiting, or IMO, not allowing a buyer with less than 50 feedback to leave negative feedback is a good one. The onus is completely on the seller to provide an absolute perfect transaction to even someone who has never used ebay, it is an absurd and completely unrealistic expectation. 

Ebay needs to put some responsibility on new buyers, otherwise you have people who consider your reputation as a seller completely unimportant to them and run amok doing whatever they please with zero consequences. Plus you have the lowlife seller who sells something similar to you who creates a new account, then buys something from you just to leave negative for you. This type should be banned forever from ebay if that is possible.

By making 50 feedback the benchmark for new users to be able to leave negative feedback, you are making a new user take some responsibility from their side of the transaction, and the privilege of using ebay in a responsible manner. 

Now once someone achieves the 50 feedback level, you would have to assume this person is a serious enough buyer/seller to want to just make a mutually satisfactory transaction with someone else and not be in it for any other reason besides so. 

Sellers needs buyers, the more the merrier, and I understand ebay trying to protect buyers, but they really need to try to balance the scales, which takes time and resources on their part and likely unless their bottom line is moving in a downward trend, will likely not happen. 

I also think having up to 2 months to leave feedback is totally unnecessary and should be no longer than 3 weeks, except in international transactions. That is a whole other topic. 

Message 141 of 691
latest reply

kissaceman
Enthusiast

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Why have a rating system if it is bias to the buyer?

Just don't have any feedback system, cause that's really what this is, a pretend rating

and a false indication of a buyers integrity.

I know for a fact my Buyer does this occasionally, because he has positives with negative statement's left from sellers. You don't see this unless you read through. And how many other times has this happened??, and the seller did not want to leave a positive, so just leaves it blank for fear of retaliation negative. This just helps the buyer use blackmail to get stuff cheaper, as Ive experienced. Used to think selling on ebay was fun, but Ebay is just making selling not worthwhile anymore, with this, and higher fees, I don't see how its economically viable.

Interestingly, Ebay still bill for fees to these transactions, even when the dispute is filed.

So I have to pay fees for an expensive item that was NEVER going to sell, then wait until I can file a complaint and WAIT again until I can relist. When I Could have had a choice and read honest feedback to avoid this buyer..NOT HAPPY

Message 142 of 691
latest reply

I know for a fact my Buyer does this occasionally, because he has positives with negative statement's left from sellers. You don't see this unless you read through. And how many other times has this happened??, and the seller did not want to leave a positive, so just leaves it blank for fear of retaliation negative. This just helps the buyer use blackmail to get stuff cheaper, as Ive experienced. Used to think selling on ebay was fun, but Ebay is just making selling not worthwhile anymore, with this, and higher fees, I don't see how its economically viable.

That is possibly one of the few reasons why the feedback system remains the same after more than four years - sellers are untrustworthy in Ebay's views, they continue to find ways around the rules of 'No negative for buyers' after the change, rather than obeying the rules and wait patiently for Ebay to revamp.

It's ironic you're still using Ebay after making such a complaint. Ebay gave you a tool to screen out bad buyers WITHOUT having to do your research by looking at feedback left one buyer at a time, use it.

If you want it to stop, you should make a suggestion for Ebay to educate buyers better and telling them that "If any sellers give you false positive, report them to have it removed.", eventually those vengeful sellers will know their effort is futile and stop, then Ebay may just decide that seller is responsible enough with feedback once again.

When up against non-payers, file UPI cases ASAP, do the right thing for the wellbeing of you and other fellow sellers.
Message 143 of 691
latest reply

cps3cpu
Enthusiast

Ebay sucks. This is complete BS. WTF I just had 2 deadbeat buyers who bid on my auctions, ruining them and I CANT DO CRAP ABOUT IT!? F EBAY AND ITS ONE SIDED UNFAIR POLICY TOWARDS SELLERS

Message 144 of 691
latest reply

I can't agree more, EBAY SUCKS, my buyer asked me to cancel the transaction because apparently that was his son's mistake, I cancelled the transaction and still he left negative feedback 

Message 145 of 691
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS, my buyer asked me to cancel the transaction because apparently that was his son's mistake, I cancelled the transaction and still he left negative feedback 

Message 146 of 691
latest reply

EBAY SUCKS, my buyer asked me to cancel the transaction because apparently that was his son's mistake, I cancelled the transaction and still he left negative feedback and I can't do anything

Message 147 of 691
latest reply

tbates57
Enthusiast

What an unpleasant surprise! Three invoices & three phone calls over two weeks trying to get some response from a non-paying buyer before closing case.

Then I try to leave feedback as a warning to others and get this response from Ebay: "Sorry, it's not possible to leave feedback for this transaction. Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded."

I didn't realize Ebay feedback could be quiet so worthless AND in some cases a complete waste of time. : (

Message 148 of 691
latest reply

I've had 3 non-paying buyers in the past week. I've been selling on eBay for 20+ years, never this bad. As a seller, I ALWAYS leave positive feedback BEFORE shipping for any buyer who has paid promptly, because after all, their job is done. I then do mine. I have never left retaliatory feedback & pride myself that I would still leave a negative feedback if warranted & not be held hostage from doing so for fear that someone will ruin my 100% feedback in return. I figure it is my job to warn other sellers, as I hope they would do the same for me. I have been absent from eBay for about 5 years, but recently came back & was actually excited about selling again & soon getting my red star for my 1,000th sale. Now, I'm thinking I may never see that red star. Not only are 80% of my buyers not leaving feedback (separate issue, but what's up with that?), but this downgraded feedback & growing # of non-paying buyers has me rethinking my comeback.

If I leave eBay again, it ill be FOREVER < <</p>

I hope someone at eBay is listening. It can't be said enough that it's the sellers that pay the bills. Yes, it's reciprocated that without the buyers there is no eBay either, but non-paying buyers are NOT BUYERS, they are just the water that comes through the hole that allows the boat to sink. You keep allowing the water in the boat & the passengers leave the boat, the boat sinks & the drowning crew wishes they plugged the hole wjen they had the chance. TOO LATE!

Message 149 of 691
latest reply

@hat,

I noticed that too. I don't sell often at all, but when I do, I bend over backwards to make the customer happy. With every item I ship, I enclose a letter asking them to leave positive feedback if they are satisfied. I don't ever leave positive feedback automatically. If I do that, then there's no incentive at all for the buyer to leave me positive feedback. As it is now, I only receive feedback about half the time from buyers. And that's when I leave them feedback after they do that for me. The inability of sellers to leave negative feedback about buyers has made it impossible for other sellers to detect who the scammers are.  

Message 150 of 691
latest reply