cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

only buyers leave FB. to warn others, you file a complaint for nonpayment with ebay. it puts a strike on the buyer's record.

Message 2 of 691
latest reply

what is a strike//and do re as sellers see these strikes so we can recognize a bad buyer???

Message 3 of 691
latest reply

No you can't see a buyers strikes but you don't need to because you can automaticaly blocked people with two or more strikes from bidding on your listings or using buy it now.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Message 4 of 691
latest reply

and no i did not just wake up from a coma. exactly how is one to know about a buyer. look at the feed back he leaves for other sellers??? that would take forever.

Message 5 of 691
latest reply

As soon as I recognize a deadbeat buyer, 4 days I fie a unpaid item, then if it is not resolved, I block him from purchasing from me again. If they get nasty, I get nasty. leave a nasty positive feedback on their's if they neg me.

Message 6 of 691
latest reply

4zhome
Thrill-Seeker

For 7 years I had no problems, now 6 of the last 7 sales have had deadbeat "buyers". I have fileed reports, but they never seem to get a strike and are still there. I checked the last buyer from last weekend who didn't pay and he has 7 negative feedbacks, but 100% positive scores. eBay is not helping their sellers. Anyone for a class action suit?

Message 7 of 691
latest reply

to 4zhome: I agree it has only been recently (I have been selling for 12 years part time) that I have had to deal with deadbeat bidders. I think the root of a lot of this nonsense is the fact that you can not leave negative feedback against non paying bidders. Before that a non payer was very rare for me.

Message 8 of 691
latest reply

I have been selling for over 10 years and have never had as many no pays or problems w buyers, I know it is all due to this fdbk system which is SO UNFAIR TO US....and Ebay rules state one cannot leave a neg comment with a positive rating~any suggestions would be appreciated as I am seriously thinking of leaving FEEBAY

Message 9 of 691
latest reply

just wrtie POSITIVE and than dump on the bad buyer or seller.

ebays counter productive medthod to success.  also use your twitter with tags it will be seen. 

Message 10 of 691
latest reply

I did leave a neg one time and the buyer complained to Ebay so they removed it and sent me a message neg fdbk is not allowed with a positive rating....I give up unless all us sellers start to rebel somehow and stick together on this

I have never been on twitter, how does it work one can twitter this~thanks for your help

Message 11 of 691
latest reply

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

It is not right that buyers cannot be given negative feedback yet a seller can?  Buyers are not paying and want to win just to say they win and never pay.  Ebay needs to get their heads out of their a$$es and allow sellers to give ALL feedback; negative or positive.  This is not fair!!

Message 12 of 691
latest reply

ccanselm
Enthusiast

Awful job by ebay here.

No negative feedback is absurd

Message 13 of 691
latest reply

GUESS WHAT ALL YOU SELLERS BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF BY LEAVING A NEG FOR EVERYONE THEY GOT AND THAT IS WHY IT WAS CHANGE .MOST SITES ONLY THE BUYER CAN LEAVE FEEDBACK AND SAYING THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO LEAVE A NEG FOR NON PAYING BIDDERS ONLY WITHOUT GETTING BACK ONE BUT E-BAY DOES NOT WANT TO LOSE ANY MORE BUYERS AND IF YOU CHECK YOUR LISTING THEIR ARE VERY FEW LOOKERS LET ALONE BUYERS.LETS FACE IT SELLERS ARE A DIME A DOZEN .ITS THE BUYERS WHO MAKE MONEY FOR E-BAY .NO BUYERS NO E-BAY AND THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE AND E-BAY KNOWS THIS.ON THE OTHER HAND THEIR ARE TO MANY RULES AND TO HIGH OF FEE'S TO MAKE ANY MONEY .SO WHY ARE YOU HERE ???? THEIR ARE FREE SITES OUT THEIR .THE ONLY REASON I AM HERE IS I HAVE A PRODUCT THAT ONLY SELLS ON E-BAY AND I MAY HAVE THE ONLY STOCK LEFT SO WHEN GONE SO AM I .

Message 14 of 691
latest reply

I have bought and sold on Etsy, Ioffer and Webstore and all 3 allows a seller to leave neutral or neg feedback, which sites are you referring to that will not allow it?

We are here for the same reason you are, to supplement our income and to be honest sellers, however, if you have rare items you are fortunate but please do not penalize the sellers who do not.

If a buyer pays for an item and the seller refunds their $$ for any reason, the buyer can still leave neg since it was paid for even tho they never received it~~are you saying this is fair since a seller is only allowed 2 negatives a YEAR without losing their top rated status and discount??  I do not think so, as soon, if ever, someone kicks Ebay out of the water and comes up with a great site I am sure most of us will be outa' here.

Message 15 of 691
latest reply