cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

Awarding NEGATIVE feedback only infuriates and creates tension, about 10years ago i had a bad experience with an American seller who took my money but never sent the goods I made several attempts to try to sort it but they remained shtum, finally in desparation I gave them negative feedback (after warning them I would after I set a no response date) well beggar me they immediately came back at me with proper vile neg feedback of their own.

So I learnt never to do that again - hence I either leave positive feedback or nothing at all Smiley Frustrated

Message 496 of 691
latest reply

Awarding NEGATIVE feedback only infuriates and creates tension, about 10years ago i had a bad experience with an American seller who took my money but never sent the goods I made several attempts to try to sort it but they remained shtum, finally in desparation I gave them negative feedback (after warning them I would after I set a no response date) well beggar me they immediately came back at me with proper vile neg feedback of their own.

So I learnt never to do that again - hence I either leave positive feedback or nothing at all Smiley Frustrated

Message 497 of 691
latest reply

Just thought I would add this comment to my previous two posts ...

I did bring the Ebay Team into the equasion at the time the US seller did the dirty on me and belive it or not The Ebay Team were about as helpful to me as one square of toilet tissue would be to an elephant with diarrhoea !!! 

Message 498 of 691
latest reply

and........ there goes lunch.Smiley Indifferent

Message 499 of 691
latest reply

The reason for negative feedback for buyers was...that eBay monitored the number of negs. At a certain point that buyer was kicked out of ebay and that ISP could not sustain a buyer again. therfore eBay rid us of lousy buyers. As well, we had time  to kick their bid if we did not want to deal with them after they bid and put them on the no bidders list.

Message 500 of 691
latest reply

@73usmc negative feedback was only as good as the giver. How much negative buyer feedback was retaliatory? Even today, I see sellers that respond to feedback, in all caps, calling buyer's every name in the book.

Now, if it was one neg, perhaps it's the buyer. When neg after neg after neg, different buyer's, the seller is still screaming and swearing, I no longer think it's the buyers, with the problem. So how fair was it that buyers were being banned for doing nothing wrong?

Now, eBay has an objective way to rate buyer's. Sellers open unpaid item disputes and when they close, buyers are issued strikes.

Smart sellers have their buyer preferences set to block those with a minimum of 2 strikes. Now you never even have to deal with those pesky nonpayers.

The only time you know anything about them, is when you check the log.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 501 of 691
latest reply

OMG! I bet all the PayPal account holders were very grateful that you caught the inconsistancy. I am not sure a lot of sellers would have. I'm not sure I would have and I haven't sold in years. Too much work. I don't think people understand how much work it is to be a seller. 

I ordered a piece of furniture from eBay. It arrived damaged and missing feet (or so I thought). They were great and sent a 'call tag' for the return. Turns out the feet were there all the time. They were screwed onto the legs and I just didn't see them. So it was put back on eBay at a little lower price because of the damage. I won it again and this time it came in the same crushed, torn, damaged container and had more/worse damage. I really like the piece so negotiated with them. They were great. I told them they need to fire their shippers. The feedback I left said there was a problem but the seller was really great to work with. I don't believe in leaving bad feedback. As I told one seller, I would rather leave no feedback than bad feedback. BUT in a case like your PayPal scam, you need to be able to warn other buyers. If buyers can do this, why can't sellers do it? eBay, wake up.

I do use ALL CAPS when I am leaving GREAT feedback like: GREAT TOP, SUPER FAST SHIPPING, SHOP HERE WITH CONFIDENCE, I WILL.

Message 502 of 691
latest reply

Only one thing to say ... 

Negative feedback for buyer's hasn't been allowed since 2008

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 503 of 691
latest reply

**bleep** you ebay!

Message 504 of 691
latest reply

Because, simply, eBay is terrible. Ever try to have a conversation with one of their reps and they spend ten minutes explaining to you what the problem is WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS BECAUSE THAT'S WHY YOU CALLED? 

Message 505 of 691
latest reply

Message 506 of 691
latest reply

I had a d-bag buyer who left me neutral feedback, said "shipping was 2 times what it should have been" after he bought a vintage unused collectible with fixed shipping at a cost below what it retailed for 30 years ago. It didn't affect my feedback score, but it's funny, I gave him a nice price, packed it with care, paid for fast shipping and insurance- I think I shipped same-day, paid ebay's shipping tax, minus the paypal fee for hardly any profit after I pay my taxes and now there's a blemish on my feedback record in the comments. I gave the buyer status updates and tracking info the whole time, he never replied or said anything and then slighted me with sneaky passive-aggressive feedback after the fact. Really disappointing this is allowable. I feel your pain everybody here trying to make a living.

Message 507 of 691
latest reply

Yes,  An Internal Strike - that no one except those working inside ebay can see. Means nothing., A total joke and not even a slap on the wrist. Ebay has no guts,  does not stand up for sellers at all. A total disgrace. 

Message 508 of 691
latest reply

I tried one of the other sites and didn't get much out of it.  What other auction sites do you use?  if there was another one like ebay, I'd jump to it in a minute.  Ebay is getting too greedy.  Somebody needs to compete with ebay ... with lower fees and more free listings.

Message 509 of 691
latest reply

A tech heavyweight like Google or Twitter has to get behind an eBay alternative. It would really make a splash in the media and the company would have the money and manpower to really compete. It's kind of surprising that it hasn't happened as ebay has basically enjoyed a monopoly for online auctions.

But I'm quietly withdrawing from eBay as a seller. I hate that there are no consequences for non payers. eBay will go to the ends of the earth to find for the buyer and it's getting scary. I don't want to sell things here anymore. 

Message 510 of 691
latest reply