cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

SHAME ON YOU EBAY!

Where are your ethics, integrity?

Why hold such high standards for the sellers and not the buyers?

This type of practice will suffer your business, kinda looking like it already has.

I'm mostly a buyer and an honest one, but I tried to sell just one item and was strung

along by this buyer

most likely due to this policy you have in place.

As both a buyer and a shareholder, I'm so put off by this. This makes me not only want to

pull any future ebay sales, but also my shares in your company.

This hypocritical policy needs to be adjusted before you totally lose your footing in the market.

XHHX

Message 481 of 691
latest reply

i cant believe i cant leave bad feedback after not receiving payment from a buyer. WTH. she communicated with me about the item after she bought it and then i sent her many messages saying its been past 14 days and i havent received a payment. no response, so i opened a case, and yeah nothing happened, i thought opening a case would do something but it didnt. and i cant leave her a bad feedback so other sellers are aware she doesnt pay. i might have to close my account if things dont change. buyers can leave sellers bad feedback but sellers cant leave bad feedback to the buyers what kind of place is this?

Message 482 of 691
latest reply

You can't leave negative feedback because sellers took advantage of the system.....They would give bad service like taking to long to ship or the item or it wasn't as described and the buyer would leave well deserved negative feedback but 90% of the sellers would retaliate and leave undeserved negative feedback just to get back at them....That's why sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore....like the old saying goes, a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone

Message 483 of 691
latest reply

Right there with you... in the old days, buyers that didn't pay were not allowed to bid because of feedback.

Now people get on there to bid and see if they win with no intention of paying.

Message 484 of 691
latest reply

@kindclosetdeals wrote:

SHAME ON YOU EBAY!

Where are your ethics, integrity?

Why hold such high standards for the sellers and not the buyers?

This type of practice will suffer your business, kinda looking like it already has.

I'm mostly a buyer and an honest one, but I tried to sell just one item and was strung

along by this buyer

most likely due to this policy you have in place.

As both a buyer and a shareholder, I'm so put off by this. This makes me not only want to

pull any future ebay sales, but also my shares in your company.

This hypocritical policy needs to be adjusted before you totally lose your footing in the market.

XHHX

Every 5rh feedback my husband gets praises his careful packaging!  A lady buys 4 crystal baskets, my husband ships them in 4 separate packages and THREE of them arrive broken.  It takes my husband three emails to get the lady to take pictures of the tracking #s.  She can't do it.  So eBay steps in and helps her.  Everything is cordial; my husband refunds the money and WHAM, she gives him negative feedback!  We've now bee through 10 days of hassle.  We won't get the money back from USPS for weeks, and eBay will not remove the negative feedback.  They have 85 positive feedback so ( 100%), and all the kind correspondence and they can't realize this woman has issues?  She has grown granddaughters for whom she was buying these crystal baskets and I suspected from day ONE that she dropped the boxes down several flights of stairs!  Urgh!

Message 485 of 691
latest reply

I feel the same way. I now have a 3rd buyer in less than a year that has not paid. I have given them over a week to respond and no replys.  There is enough work selling without having to put up with non-payers. 

Message 486 of 691
latest reply

I know you feel you shouldn't have to ask, but after having left positive reviews only to have the buyer then leave a neutral or negative one. I only leave feedback when asked. 

Message 487 of 691
latest reply

People that don't pay get reported and after so many reports eBay will shut them down. 

Message 488 of 691
latest reply

An unpaid item dispute can be opened in the USA after two days/48 hours. Other countries have different timelines (i.e., Canada after four days/96 hours):

HELP EVERY SELLER > Open & Close Unpaid Item Disputes: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

HELP YOURSELF > Block Buyers With Two Or More Unpaid Item Strikes: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Other Benefits of opening & closing UID's: • The Final Value Fee will be refunded to seller. • Neither buyer or seller can leave feedback (if buyer doesn't pay).
• Buyer gets a strike (if they don't pay).
• Safely relist the item after you close the UPI.

FYI: Listing items using Buy It Now with Immediate Payment: http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 489 of 691
latest reply

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!  What is this? A joke? My choices are "Positive" or "I'll leave feedback later"????? I'm primarily a seller, but I also buy plenty of items on eBay. I only leave positive feedback normally, but this buyer won an auction, and then another of mine a day later, and WON"T pay. WON"T respond to my messgages. I saw he had 100% positive feedback, and now I know why!!! That's the only f#$%^&&* choice they give you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so infuriated. People, other sellers should be WARNED, and know who to block. This is B.S. FAIL eBay....FAIL, bigtime. 

Message 490 of 691
latest reply

@justicurri8 did you read my post above yours, telling you what to do in case of non payers?

Make sure you set your personal preferences to block all bidders with 2 or more strikes.

Message 491 of 691
latest reply

AGREE 150%. I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. We ought to at LEAST be able to leave negative feedback after having to open a case, and then waiting the 3 days for them STILL not to pay. But no, still only the "Positive feedback" option.
Message 492 of 691
latest reply

Has this really gone on since 2008?  I haven't had to leave negative comments on a buyer in forever and now that I need it I can't do it?  If ebay felt like the buyers were being retaliated against for leaving negative feedback for a bad seller then why couldn't the buyer just contact Ebay and get the unfair comment removed?  Isn't that what sellers have to do for unfair comments from the buyer?  How hard would it be for Ebay to see that they buyer paid for the item on time?  All correspondences are monitored so they could read all transactions.  After searching for a reason why this is I found this statement that Ebay put on their website

"Sellers can leave a positive feedback rating and a comment for buyers, but they can't leave negative or neutral feedback. Negative feedback discourages buyers from future transactions and can lead to lower sales."  

Apparently it's all about the sales. Not about a level playing field.

Message 493 of 691
latest reply

"Apparently it's all about the sales."

I'm honestly NOT trying to be rude, but what else is eBay supposed to be about? Sure, there's all the things that go into making a listing and so forth, bit that's all done with the ultimate goal of selling wares, correct?

Where in your town do you see customers given a scarlet neg for putting an item back on a shelf or abandoning a cart of merchandise before going through the register. Are your fellow shoppers forced to wear shame pants or doused with red marker by store employees? If so, please go there and take pictures immediately, what an internet sensation that will be.

BTW, if you've not had a reason to even think about negatives for buyers since _before_ 2008, (you are aware that it's 2016) I can't see that you've a huge problem on your hands.

Please read my other recent posts on how to use the tools provided by eBay that will REALLY help you and other sellers who have their blocks set.

@victoria_secret_shopper

Message 494 of 691
latest reply

Ebay feedback is strictly for THE TRANSACTION.

To be technically correct, the sellar should award positive feedback immediately the payment is received/verified, whilst the buyer should award positive feedback immediately the item is received, regardless of any anomolies with the item which must be resolved afterwards.

Many Ebayers do this but as with life there are those who do not conform, otherwise known a **bleep**s.

Message 495 of 691
latest reply