cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

I agree eBay feedback is a deceptive joke for both buyers and sellers. As a buyer, I recently reported non-delivery of 4 items (from 3 sellers) internationally, hoping that eBay would want to check into delivery problems and correct either the delivery practice or the sellers' knowledge of international transactions. Because the shipper had reported a status of Delivered eBay decided that I was at fault and removed my comments re. Non-delivery and gave me the option of reporting seller as an Internet fraud. Seemed s little extreme so did not take that step, instead I am down cost of goods and delivery charges. Even if I had checked the sellers before buying eBay would have deleted negative feedback. The fairness gate swings both ways.
Message 466 of 691
latest reply

EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.... ALL THIS WEEK (7th to 14th of jine 2015).

Just read the first few sentences of your post. I know exactly how you feel and I do feel bad for you too.

EBAY DOES NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, TO PROTECT SELLERS. IT IS ALL GONE.

1-shipped a necklace, scrupulously described and inspected before shipping,  PERFECT condition, wrapped in heavy bubble wrap and boxed.  What a beautiful item. Received email from an obviously disturbed buyer..."received item in 3 pieces and one bead has a huge dent".......Ok, nothing I can do except refund her money because, that's all ANYONE can do now. there is ZERO reponsibility from ebay, the buyer is ALWAYS right. I received the necklace back yesterday. Pendant was pulled off. One large hollow bead looked as if someone took a pen or pointed object and purposely dented it. There is no possible way this item  was damaged during shipment. This was a way to avoid returning the item like a normal person. And they destroyed the item.

2- I read something in your post (didn't read the whole thing yet...but I will) regarding a layaway plan. I had a buyer ask if I accepted layaways on a $250 ring. Never did that before, so I said "sure"...payment in fuill will be in 60 days. It was difficult to send an invoice bceause even though she purchased the item thru ebay, she could not send a partial payment. Finally, I was able to send an invoice via paypal a few weeks later. No response. Then three more weeks, no response. Now we're nearing 2 months. She emails me and starts with: HOW DARE YOU SEND ME AN INVOICE FOR THE ENTIRE AMOUNT?....(and I knew this would be trouble...). After a few emails of trying to get this person to calm down, and explaining, I sent an invoice specifically so she would have the correct email address (which, now, come to think of it, is absolutely ridiculous), she then says (don't forget, near 2 months later) "I am so upset now, I can't trust anything you say, I want to cancel this transaction and if ebay asks why I wiull tell them you demanded payment after agreeing to a layaways plan. I said, no problem,  she said thank you and that she would still consider it and get back to me. I gave her my phone number. She emailed back said "I can't call anywhere out of state". I tried calling her ebay phone number but OF COURSE it was disconnected. I thought...instead of buying $250 rings via layaway, perhaps this person should think about getting a phone that can call out of state. THEN I found out:

THERE ARE NO LAYAWAY PLANS ON EBAY. They just don't exist. And they are frowned upon.

SO, I am out the $25 sellers fee.

I could literally go on for HOURS about horrible buyers, people who will scam you by asking to ship to "their neice's address" (oh yes, i was out $$$ big time from that one), how they get around the return shipping so sellers pay the returns, liars, frauds, NON PAYERS...AND MORE....ALL THIS WITHIN ONE WEEK!

After 8 years on ebay, I have literally had it. I am through. This will be the last year. I will look forward to other venues. Oh, and ebay could care less.

Message 467 of 691
latest reply

I found this page because I just had a bad buyer here on ebay who had the cheek to leave me negative feedback saying 'very rude and unhelpful' my 1st ever negative review so I selected the report buyer option and explained the situation.  

I found this page because when I tried to leave feedback for this buyer the only option is 'positive'  the item was sold to a nice guy using the 2nd chance offer feature to the 2nd highest bidder so that's good but it's terrible that ebay allow these buyers to leave negative feedback knowing that all they can get is positive feedback from the seller, that is ridiculous.  

The guy bidded for an i phone that had the only available payment option as paypal and the delivery method as 1st class signed for by Royal Mail, AFTER winning the auction he insisted he would have to pay cash and meet me within an hour as he needed the phone for a present, I said that paying in cash and meeting in person was never an option and that if he still wanted the item I would post it before I went to work as soon as paypal payment was received, he refused and again tried to get me to meet him before I went to work...next thing I know I've got the negative feedback that I am very rude and unhelpful.

Ebay states that changing payment or delivery option or wanting to collect an item etc must be negotiated BEFORE an item is bought/won - all I can do is wait to see what happens after reporting the buyer and hopefully ebay will remove this negative feedback and punish this user, all I can do on my own is leave him positive feedback, this ebay policy is more frustrating than the bad buyer and his negative lying feedback.

His user name is Paulsteven and he has 100% positive feedback, not suprising now that I know how the ebay feedback system works.  I usually only buy so this is the 1st time I've encountered this problem as the few things I've sold before were all bought by nice and serious ebayers, beware sellers.

Message 468 of 691
latest reply

Been there done that.... 1 year passed from 2014-2015 June 27......the neg feedback finally went away after a year, a buyer feedback extorted me. And tried to claim I sold a fake item, of course she got her refund, and my reputation was ruined for a whole year on a lie.... Now July 3rd 2015, I'm waiting for a Chinese buyer to leave me neg feedback and extort me for items he purchased and did not pay, all because he wanted my stock list and I would not offer my stock list, so in return, he cancels a order for $324.75 he made an offer on. And now wants to cancel after 5 days.... I'm just waiting for the neg feedback.... I should have known not to allow Chinese buyers with 0 feedback to bid on my items.... IF THIS CHINESE BUYER with 0 feedback leaves me a neg feedback.....I will shut my account down! I'm tired of getting extorted and slandard
Message 469 of 691
latest reply

All the sad and bad chatter here about not only buyers but also sellers. I just want to say that in all the years I have either sold or bought on eBay, it has been great. I have only run into 2 bad sellers and of course they were not inside the continental USA. I worked with the one for 2 months before I gave up and reported him and also gave bad feedback to warn other buyers. He never sent all the parts required to have his items work. They were listed as included but never came.

I have noticed that sellers who make a living on eBay have a tendency to forget to leave feedback for the buyers. I am a good buyer. I pay with PayPal immediately and I appreciate a good feedback score. If I give good feedback, I expect to receive it also.

A lot of sellers say they have had it with eBay BUT can you find a better selling medium???????

By the way, NO, I do NOT work for eBay or anyone else. BUT I do a lot of shopping on eBay and love a great bargain and a great eBay Seller.

Message 470 of 691
latest reply

If buyer feedback is only positive then what value is it. I look at it if mine or someone else's with no value to me. That doesn't really motivate some people I know to leave feedback and play Into a bias system. When eBay first started it needed buyers and sellers equally, but that has since changed. As eBay attempts to compete with Amazon it will slowly corporate sellers with high volume. Them mom and pop garage sellers will have to go and forget about used stuff because it generates more returns than new. eBay will have to evolve or Amazon will put them out of business right? You've seen eBay evolve to compete with global ship, fast ship for overnight shipments, money (yours) back guarantees, etc. Buyer feedback? I have no problem giving it to non-paying bidders even.

Now seller feedback you have to work for to the point of eating losses regularly for fear of negative feedback in a short period of time giving eBay an excuse to hold your money for 21 days. Yeah hold it while you pay shipping, Ebay asd PayPal fees.

And there is another venue but this is not the place to communicate that. There is also a site that has some true buyer feedback I guess. That's my 2 cents which is worth nothing to anyone else.

Message 471 of 691
latest reply

If we sellers would form a group and send a massive outcry with our demands, would we be able to achieve something? I am not from the US, so am not familiar with these aspects there.

I just had a buyer. I have 432 positive reviews and in all of that just ONE negative, and that one negative score put me down to a rating of 98% because I did not sell a lot this year and the way the feedback calculation system works brought me with that result.

The sales are down 50% because of this buyer who claimed a wrong item was sent, even though I am 100% the item is correct. And even in the case if it was not, I am offering a full refund if good returned to me, in any case. But the buyer does not respond, I have sent him 10 messages that he can get his money back for whatever reason, but it seems he enjoys destroying other people's businesses.

Completely unfair.

Message 472 of 691
latest reply

Since sellers can only leave positive feedback when they sell an item and if you only buy you will always have %100 positive feedback.

Sellers can't tell you apart from the scamming buyers.  ALL buyer profiles are identical.  What good is it?  Not much.  Some sellers have discontinued participation in the feedback system as a result. Unless ebay allows sellers to leave negitive feedback for buyers, I think ebay should make it so Sellers can not leave feedback at all. It would take the burden off my to reply to buyers asking for feedback. I have heard of  scammers building up feedback by buying low price items then start a selling scam.

Message 473 of 691
latest reply

As a Buyer the trend I see is Seller's use the feedback as an approach to butter-up the Buyer for a future re-order. Some positive feedback appears a few seconds after I press the PayPal payment button, so there must be an automated program that performs the feedback for those Sellers.

Message 474 of 691
latest reply

I agree!
Message 475 of 691
latest reply

I'm confused....when i click on leave feedback for a buyer, it gives the option to write something...so couldn't you still write negative feedback ?  Even if you cant rate it?

Message 476 of 691
latest reply

ebay sucks-not fair-lets and does not listen to sellers-JUST BUYERS

Thats why I am starting my own website.

MY BILL TO EBAY AVERAGES $500.00 A MONTH,AND THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING-THEY WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL-PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID.

Message 477 of 691
latest reply

Well I sure left some negative feed back for a pesky buyer that kept trying to get a refund while at the same time keeping the product.If Ebay confronts me with leaving that buyer negative feed back I will close my account with them.I can see Ebay doesn't support the sellers.
Message 478 of 691
latest reply

I have a buyer that asked questions about an item, bought it, and then decided she didn't want it after it was received. She can leave me negative feedback and 12 different harassing e-mails, yet I cannot leave her feedback or block her e-mails! I am very disappointed with EBay for not given me any recourse as a seller. It is wrong to allow a buyer to harass a seller like this!!

Message 479 of 691
latest reply

I can't believe how stupid this policy is.  I was just almost scammed by someone who paid me with stolen/hacked paypal accounts and I cannot leave negative feedback to warn other seller?!?!  **bleep**?!?!  

This buyer paid for three separate items with three different paypal accounts.  I thought it looked suspicious, so I contacted him and asked why he paid with three different accounts.  He told me he was buying for the other people and asked me to ship ASAP.  I asked him to send me an email from the email accounts associated with each of the paypal accounts.  He told me the other people "already left," and if I couldn't immediately ship to just refund the money.  

I sent emails to the email addresses associated with the paypal accounts and confirmed that they were not authorized transactions. None of the people that responded had even known anything was bought on eBay, or who bought it.  I refunded their money.  

Obviously, this guy is a scammer who's using stolen paypal accounts, but I can only leave him positive feedback. 

Kevin 

Message 480 of 691
latest reply